Knappily Ever After

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It proves the point though. She is gushing over this person she literally met for the first time 3 weeks ago.
Exactly this. That isn’t a real friendship: it’s two people who are using each other to bump up their followers and engagement on their Instagram posts. That person isn’t always just there: she’s there at the moment because it is mutually beneficial. Sian has a Disney following and her friend sells Disney themed clothing. They are using each other; it’s more of a business arrangement than an actual friendship.

Reactions: 3
Exactly this. That isn’t a real friendship: it’s two people who are using each other to bump up their followers and engagement on their Instagram posts. That person isn’t always just there: she’s there at the moment because it is mutually beneficial. Sian has a Disney following and her friend sells Disney themed clothing. They are using each other; it’s more of a business arrangement than an actual friendship.
given her a boost advert on her gram, since the tangled threads person sent her a load of tit for free too…suddenly best friends, and buying all her parks clothing from? Not buying from tragicalday apparel now? Thought they were brand ambassadors for them?

given her a boost advert on her gram, since the tangled threads person sent her a load of tit for free too…suddenly best friends, and buying all her parks clothing from? Not buying from tragicalday apparel now? Thought they were brand ambassadors for them?
Quiet brand ambassadors.they still wear the new tragical stuff. Just don't ad it right now.
She posted a book she read about outrage on social media. It made her feel better about not saying anything apparently. Bland opinions, bland house, bland lives and now she is reposting the blandest tiktoks.

She is the unseasoned chicken of Disney instagrammers.

Reactions: 4
The thing is there are interesting things about her as a vlogger/instagrammer she just isn’t able or willing to speak about them.

Children’s medical emergency transport is interesting but, quite rightly, she’s not allowed to talk about that on her personal Instagram or YouTube accounts.

From this discussion her budgeting is clearly very interesting to a lot of people. How exactly do a store manager and a part-time children’s nurse afford ten expensive holidays in a year? We know it isn’t through strict budgeting as she’s constantly spending. Other than the cost of her DVC, she is never willing to be anything other than vague about this. Even the peak-season domestic holidays they went on this year (Cornwall and Isle of Wight in extremely fancy accommodation) would be out of reach of a lot of people with their jobs and that’s before you even get on to the cruises and DLP and 10 days all inclusive in Spain.

This is something I don’t get about a lot of YouTubers (not even necessarily just Disney ones). It’s obviously nobody else’s business how much money people get paid or what they spend their money on, but viewers aren’t dumb. We know how much holidays cost, we can add up the costs of all the haul videos, and we know how much a weekly food shop is. To constantly engineer a narrative of “it’s all just budgeting” is disingenuous and insulting to your audiences intelligence.

I’m not saying every YouTuber has to do a yearly financial breakdown for their lives, but just own that they’re not paying for these holidays / lifestyle through avoiding coffee shops and buying discount food.

Reactions: 10
This is something I don’t get about a lot of YouTubers (not even necessarily just Disney ones). It’s obviously nobody else’s business how much money people get paid or what they spend their money on, but viewers aren’t dumb. We know how much holidays cost, we can add up the costs of all the haul videos, and we know how much a weekly food shop is. To constantly engineer a narrative of “it’s all just budgeting” is disingenuous and insulting to your audiences intelligence.

I’m not saying every YouTuber has to do a yearly financial breakdown for their lives, but just own that they’re not paying for these holidays / lifestyle through avoiding coffee shops and buying discount food.
Completely. Just say something like we are very grateful that we are fortunate enough to have enough money to afford this and realise that most people in our situation wouldn’t be able to. They don’t have to explain where the money came from or even set out how much things cost. Everybody knows how much all the holidays are likely to cost.

The offensive thing is the pretence that the only reason other people with similar life situations can’t afford multiple extravagant holidays every year is that they don’t budget as well as them. It’s a Youtube version of all the Daily Mail stories saying millennials can’t afford to buy a house worth ten times their salary because they drink too many coffees or eat too much avocado.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone actually have a tally of her Disney holidays? She said on the q&a that it was too many to count which seemed like an easy way to pretend she’s been going her whole life. She can definitely remember all her Disney holidays.

I started going to DLP when I was so young that I genuinely cannot remember how many times I’ve been so it’s annoying that Sian fancies herself in that squad when she’s desperately trying to bump her numbers up for kudos. Who even cares how many times you’ve been, what does it matter? I better go sit my parents down and demand they recall our holidays to try and tell me how many, if it’s so important to have a “number”.

The narrative that Sian spins of ‘this is budgeting’ when actually they’re middle class, evidently well off (even with bank of mum and dad) does my head in.

I really believe she’s selling her ‘life’ as something aspirational and to be jealous of. She comes across as the sort of person who will go into debt to make everyone believe she has/lives a certain lifestyle.

But instead of being jealous, I feel nothing of the sort. If anything, I feel sad for her.

Reactions: 5
It proves the point though. She is gushing over this person she literally met for the first time 3 weeks ago.

Still absolutely convinced she has no real friends. I can imagine he does. Dullums been on stag dos but she hasn't mentioned anything about a hen do.

I do wonder if she is reading. If she posts anything with "her dear old friend" anytime soon, I'm calling Bingo 😏
Omg you called it 😂 Friends since school on the stories haha.

HI SIAN 👋

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Do we get some justification on real budgeting and finance next?
We will get some fake justification:

“Our budget is really strict”
“Our coffees are free”
“We bought our house at the right time”
“Annual passes/DVC means it’s cheaper than you think”
“We go during term time”
“We work overtime when we want to go on holiday”

None of which are necessarily untrue (apart from the strict budget) but none of which go even partway to explaining 10 expensive holidays in less than a year.

We will get some fake justification:

“Our budget is really strict”
“Our coffees are free”
“We bought our house at the right time”
“Annual passes/DVC means it’s cheaper than you think”
“We go during term time”
“We work overtime when we want to go on holiday”

None of which are necessarily untrue (apart from the strict budget) but none of which go even partway to explaining 10 expensive holidays in less than a year.
I said something similar a few pages back - they should just stop making out like life is hard and they cut back so drastically - they don’t.Their life isn’t one of going without for anything

Clothing, food, holidays, shopping for random stuff because they want to. If they want stuff they just buy it. That’s not a budget lifestyle.

I don’t have an issue with women wearing what they want to wear. If she feels comfortable in it, ive seen worse clothes worn by other gram girls

Reactions: 2
I really don't get how these Disney clothing rip off merchants get away with it. Most of the designs are so overtly Disney that they would surely fall foul of Intellectual Property violations. Is it a case of making hay while the sun shines before you get the letter from the Disney lawyers telling you to cease trading or get sued????? Using your daughter to advertise a gifted jumper.....nice bit of exploitation there....🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.