Knappily Ever After

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would go as far as to say that anybody who says the total cost of a holiday is just the cost of park tickets, flights/train, and hotel doesn’t understand budgeting at all.

Reactions: 9
Children cannot consent. That's why we have a million and one laws protecting them.

This is a legal/ethical grey area. If this were anyone else's kids she would have to pay them. Or if whoeverthreads hired them instead of reposting the picture, they should pay them. If she pays them, she has to abide by child labour laws and actually pay them in their own bank account.

Its very obvious that this is a fun game to them whereas to the parent, it's a business decision that generates cash flow and engagement.

These kids deserve to be paid for making sian money
I don’t disagree with this at all, I think that consent is really an odd thing when it comes to children. Certainly around abuse, etc, they cannot consent to something they don’t understand. However, with photos and Instagram, I do believe that Sian has a responsibility to be teaching them healthy online behaviour. They need to understand they have choice. Particularly Lyla because she is old enough to understand. The very backbone of privacy is feeling that you have control so at the very least, Sian should tell them they are being photographed or posted online and let them know they can refuse that.

She will be inadvertently teaching them that you post things online for validation, for likes, engagement and free stuff. People only like you when you pose for a nice photo. The way to get validation is to post intimate parts of your life. They will grow to be over sharers with a complacency and naivety for their own online privacy. As I say, Sian should be doing the responsible thing now and beginning to discuss it with them, gaining their views and allowing them to say no. Consent can and should be taught from an early age, even if no legal rebuttal exists at this time.

I think Sian should be very careful with this as her future relationships with her children are at stake. Will they look back and remember they had control? Or will they look back and think I never wanted this. She’s very naïve to think it won’t affect them either mentally or even in the sense that it will affect their future careers. What if one of them wants to join the military, police, intelligence service…or any job which requires some vetting. That will be a no if your whole life is public and there are qualities published online which those roles don’t want of you. Let’s hope they don’t and won’t have aspirations to a career which will be stopped in its tracks by Sian’s consent-less posting.

Reactions: 3
I would go as far as to say that anybody who says the total cost of a holiday is just the cost of park tickets, flights/train, and hotel doesn’t understand budgeting at all.
Having been to DLP this week and driven just under 900 miles there and back the fuel alone was around £130. Add on £43 for the tolls. We took our own food for breakfast and bought baguettes for lunch from the train station outside. We ate at the quick service restaurants in the evening we still spent about £50-70 per day on food and drink for 2 adults and 1 tweenager.

Then add on souvenirs!

My point is the cost is a whole lot more than bragging that you are spending £285 for a holiday like it's an amazing deal. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows the total will easily be closer to £700 depending on how many days they are going. Also the Eurotunnel and APs aren't free either and had to be paid for at some point! Absolute joker!!

Just seen that the girls left her to carve pumpkins alone. They probably don’t want to be filmed and photographed doing it Sian. They’ve made a swift exit before they become your next content…

Having been to DLP this week and driven just under 900 miles there and back the fuel alone was around £130. Add on £43 for the tolls. We took our own food for breakfast and bought baguettes for lunch from the train station outside. We ate at the quick service restaurants in the evening we still spent about £50-70 per day on food and drink for 2 adults and 1 tweenager.

Then add on souvenirs!

My point is the cost is a whole lot more than bragging that you are spending £285 for a holiday like it's an amazing deal. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows the total will easily be closer to £700 depending on how many days they are going. Also the Eurotunnel and APs aren't free either and had to be paid for at some point! Absolute joker!!
She’s one of those people that says you can go on a Deluxe resort WDW holiday for the price of staying at DLP.

I mean you can, but just one or two nights then come home again!

New Thread Title - So smug she thinks we’re budgeting mugs, posts her Reel twirls and holidays without the girls.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Her eldest will be being taught online safety in school right now. She will be taught things like never giving away personal details like your full name or date of birth or your address. These are all things you can work out from Sian’s public Instagram. That’s going to be very confusing. Most problematically she is too young to say no to her mum asking if she wants her photo to be posted (if she does ask). She knows mummy lives for vlogging and social media. How could a 6/7 year old say no to that, particularly if you throw in a free T-shirt in exchange for posing?

I am absolutely of the opinion that using your own young children for public social media adverts is abusive. Young children could never give fully informed consent to their own parents.

Thread title suggestion:
Strictly budgeting like I’ve got a magic money tree, all so I can justify going to Disney kid-free

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Really….another tangled threads ad gifted post? Guess we better get used to these, there will be more for DLP trip and then more for Xmas no doubt. Flooded with ad gifted posts

(somebody better screengrab the mood pic before Sian deletes it)

Reactions: 1
Screenshot_20211031-120701_Instagram.jpg

For all the money she spends on skincare, this isn't the one.

Remember all those emo pics from around 2000-2010? It feels like one of those.

I still stan my Knappily Ever After- The Unseasoned Chicken of Disney Instagramers

Reactions: 6
Her eldest will be being taught online safety in school right now. She will be taught things like never giving away personal details like your full name or date of birth or your address. These are all things you can work out from Sian’s public Instagram. That’s going to be very confusing. Most problematically she is too young to say no to her mum asking if she wants her photo to be posted (if she does ask). She knows mummy lives for vlogging and social media. How could a 6/7 year old say no to that, particularly if you throw in a free T-shirt in exchange for posing?

I am absolutely of the opinion that using your own young children for public social media adverts is abusive. Young children could never give fully informed consent to their own parents.
My daughter is the same age and has been gradually taught this in an age appropriate way from reception.

Thread title suggestion:
Strictly budgeting like I’ve got a magic money tree, all so I can justify going to Disney kid-free
Very contradictory indeed. Whilst they may be too young to say no to her, one day they won’t be. There will be a difference between, “mummy always asked us but we never said no because we didn’t understand” and “mummy never asked us and actually we’re fuming that she didn’t” Angry, rebellious kids coming up.

Interesting that she deletes pictures of herself when she decides she doesn’t like the way she looks. I very much doubt she gives her kids the same choice.

Reactions: 5
Imagine proclaiming someone you have never met in real life and who lives 3000 miles away is 'quite literally one of the best people' you've ever known.

I just don't get it....😑

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.