Knappily Ever After

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched the Misters vlog for the 50th and can See S&C there in the room with Amanda Holden.

My god, they both have their noses attached to their screens, filming every second of it! And when the presentation is done, Sian is glued to her phone, probably posting stories on Instagram!

It’s so cringey to watch!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Just watched the Misters vlog for the 50th and can See S&C there in the room with Amanda Holden.

My god, they both have their noses attached to their screens, filming every second of it! And when the presentation is done, Sian is glued to her phone, probably posting stories on Instagram!

It’s so cringey to watch!
Yep, and the camera and phone are infront of their faces, not chest height like she was claiming they do!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She’s just shared somebody else’s story saying she’s struggling with people making assumptions about the parts of her life she doesn’t share online and then discussing them online (can’t imagine where!).

Here is the thing. This is human nature. People are intrigued with other people. Even if your life is entirely private then the people you meet are still making assumptions about you, you probably just don’t find out about it. Almost everybody you meet will have opinions about you; those opinions might be wrong or could they be weirdly accurate. But 99% of the time it doesn’t matter because you will never find out about them and they won’t affect your life.

The issue comes that if you publicly broadcast large parts of your life online many more people will have opinions about you and some of those opinions will be just as public as your posts. You’ll be much more aware of the opinions, just like everybody else is much more aware of your life than is normal.

If you put your private life online people will see your life and comment on it. If what you put online isn’t the full story then people will fill in the gaps and make assumptions about the rest of the story. A small proportion of people will even discuss those assumptions online. But the people discussing it online are only mirroring what people seeing the online posts are thinking. And almost every person Sian knows is seeing her posts. This forum is just an exaggerated version of what her friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances have been thinking for years: ever since she decided to broadcast her private life online. That’s the real struggle.

Even if Sian could somehow shut down every online discussion people would still be forming opinions and discussing those opinions offline and the people who discuss you the most will be the people who actually know you in real life. The influencer coping mechanism is to pretend people discussing you are just sad/haters/jealous but (mostly) they aren’t. Mostly they are just mirroring the offline discussions people are having.

Reactions: 16
She’s just shared somebody else’s story saying she’s struggling with people making assumptions about the parts of her life she doesn’t share online and then discussing them online (can’t imagine where!).

Here is the thing. This is human nature. People are intrigued with other people. Even if your life is entirely private then the people you meet are still making assumptions about you, you probably just don’t find out about it. Almost everybody you meet will have opinions about you; those opinions might be wrong or could they be weirdly accurate. But 99% of the time it doesn’t matter because you will never find out about them and they won’t affect your life.

The issue comes that if you publicly broadcast large parts of your life online many more people will have opinions about you and some of those opinions will be just as public as your posts. You’ll be much more aware of the opinions, just like everybody else is much more aware of your life than is normal.

If you put your private life online people will see your life and comment on it. If what you put online isn’t the full story then people will fill in the gaps and make assumptions about the rest of the story. A small proportion of people will even discuss those assumptions online. But the people discussing it online are only mirroring what people seeing the online posts are thinking. And almost every person Sian knows is seeing her posts. This forum is just an exaggerated version of what her friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances have been thinking for years: ever since she decided to broadcast her private life online. That’s the real struggle.

Even if Sian could somehow shut down every online discussion people would still be forming opinions and discussing those opinions offline and the people who discuss you the most will be the people who actually know you in real life. The influencer coping mechanism is to pretend people discussing you are just sad/haters/jealous but (mostly) they aren’t. Mostly they are just mirroring the offline discussions people are having.
Louder for the people in the back! Think this applies to pretty much every thread on tattle tbh, you want the positives of being an influencer then you have to deal with the negatives.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
2 hours ago I was getting my kids ready for school not reading stories on Instagram. She never puts that bloody phone down does she?

But yeah what Protonnegative said. You can't monotize your life then be pissed when people comment on your lives. Sian chose to monitize her life, her children, her dog, her holidays and Her husband cause she wanted to feel special and loves attention.

People are nosy. But she put her life on camera to profit from exactly that. Why else does she think that people watch?
Now she's having a tantrum. Get over yourself and grow up.

Reactions: 9
i mean this isn’t a rave thread, but aren’t we reaching a bit here?

im on Twitter, like the rest of my family, I’m certain I don’t follow all my family members, they don’t all follow me. It’s used that infrequently (like when Facebook or Instagram go down) that it’s a bit irrelevant.
Exactly the same with me.

I’m new to Tattle Life, what does rave thread mean?

She's an experienced traveller, really? No.

Also, Dull's latest story. 🤢

Why oh why would you share that pic?!?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
That tiktok she just shared about budgeting.

So this is one thing that majorly gets my goat about this family. Imagine living your life on strict budgets, counting every penny, just to afford a couple of holidays in Florida each year. Maybe I’m weird, but I’d rather live comfortably and have treats throughout the other 335 days of the year than scrimp and save to have DVC and annual passes 🤷🏻‍♀️

Budgetting for most families is due to making sure they can put food on the table & pay the leccy, not Mickey waffles & merch.

Reactions: 5
That tiktok she just shared about budgeting.

So this is one thing that majorly gets my goat about this family. Imagine living your life on strict budgets, counting every penny, just to afford a couple of holidays in Florida each year. Maybe I’m weird, but I’d rather live comfortably and have treats throughout the other 335 days of the year than scrimp and save to have DVC and annual passes 🤷🏻‍♀️

Budgetting for most families is due to making sure they can put food on the table & pay the leccy, not Mickey waffles & merch.
its not budgeting,…look at what they have done this year in holidays, new car - just this last week they blew £200 on shopping from disney and clothes.

I used a comparison to magically Natalie - a family who actually have to budget because they don’t have much - including charity shop thrifting (not new clothes shopping)

it all looks like a big laugh and a joke about it when they share these tiktoks.
Just own it, don’t try and make out like you struggle for money, just accept you aren’t that budget end.

Reactions: 2
its not budgeting,…look at what they have done this year in holidays, new car - just this last week they blew £200 on shopping from disney and clothes.

I used a comparison to magically Natalie - a family who actually have to budget because they don’t have much - including charity shop thrifting (not new clothes shopping)

it all looks like a big laugh and a joke about it when they share these tiktoks.
Just own it, don’t try and make out like you struggle for money, just accept you aren’t that budget end.
Just weird budgeting, no take out coffees but £60 on baubles 🤦🏻‍♀️

This whole set of one-uppers haven’t got their priorities straight at all. Isn’t that Natalie the one in a two bed flat with 20 kids?

Reactions: 4
That tictok was defo for our benefit!

HI Sian 👋🏻

It makes them look like utter dicks though, all those past vlogs where they’ve claimed they budget like crazy and don’t spend to enable them to holiday like they do is balls. Look at the tumble dryer they ‘went without’ for a year due to budgeting for holidays, yet it probably cost the same as what her latest shop Disney haul cost, does she honestly think people believe that?

She’s a clown.

Reactions: 7
Their approach to budgeting reeks of privilege and quite frankly takes the mick out of those who genuinely budget and save for years to afford one Disney holiday. We're talking circa 10k for a family of 4 with tickets, noone is affording that just from cutting back on Costa coffee!

Reactions: 7
I'm not gonna watch the tiktok but does it amount to "don't spend money"?

Reactions: 1
Their approach to budgeting reeks of privilege and quite frankly takes the mick out of those who genuinely budget and save for years to afford one Disney holiday. We're talking circa 10k for a family of 4 with tickets, noone is affording that just from cutting back on Costa coffee!
It takes the piss out of people who have to scrimp and save to put food on the damn table. People work full time and still have to use food banks. And here they are telling people that if they just budget then they can go to disney.

They sound like those Torys that said a bag of potatos is 80p so no one should be starving.

Reactions: 3
It takes the piss out of people who have to scrimp and save to put food on the damn table. People work full time and still have to use food banks. And here they are telling people that if they just budget then they can go to disney.

They sound like those Torys that said a bag of potatos is 80p so no one should be starving.
It just looks like the budget and spending ban is a big old joke, as you say takes the piss out of people who genuinely have to live their lives from pay day to pay day with next to nothing already, let alone blowing £200 on shopping and £60 of that for some ‘advent calendar’ presents, some families will be lucky if they can afford the advent calendar for their kids.

I read back to a previous story from earlier - basically moaning about tattle I assume - Is Sian under the impression that she hasnt shared a lot of details of who she is on her Stories, and maybe people can gauge who a person is from seeing vlogs and stories?

Reactions: 3

Exactly!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.