Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just to update you guys I had to give up I woke up feeling incredibly ill and shaking and really tired to the point where I wouldn’t be able to look after my baby if I had continued and have opted for a low carb diet instead, however I don’t feel hungry at all, I’m not craving sweet things like I usually do
Oh wow. Hope you’re feeling better now

Reactions: 1
Oh wow. Hope you’re feeling better now
I’m fine thanks I think I just went too extreme
Considering the week before I started I was eating 12 cakes a day, 6 cans of fizzy drinks, sweets all day long

I’m fine thanks I think I just went too extreme
Considering the week before I started I was eating 12 cakes a day, 6 cans of fizzy drinks, sweets all day long
Oh good must have been scary!

Has anyone got a food cauliflower mash recipe?

I’ve tried a Chaffle recipe previously, it was just cheese, eggs and baking powder and it was ok but was a bit runny I suppose, should I be adding almond flour? Or a certain cheese, I used Red Leicester

Oh good must have been scary!

Has anyone got a food cauliflower mash recipe?

I’ve tried a Chaffle recipe previously, it was just cheese, eggs and baking powder and it was ok but was a bit runny I suppose, should I be adding almond flour? Or a certain cheese, I used Red Leicester
I made cauliflower mash a good year ago but from memory I got frozen cauliflower, microwaves til soft then added to a pan to dry the water off and added grated Parmesan and garlic paste - those 2 are the key. Then I used my little smoothie blender to mash it. It turned out reeally nice!

Yes I think try it with almond flour to give it more of a stiff texture.

I’m waiting for my food shop on Monday and then I’m on it. I will post photos of how my meals turn out

I made cauliflower mash a good year ago but from memory I got frozen cauliflower, microwaves til soft then added to a pan to dry the water off and added grated Parmesan and garlic paste - those 2 are the key. Then I used my little smoothie blender to mash it. It turned out reeally nice!

Yes I think try it with almond flour to give it more of a stiff texture.

I’m waiting for my food shop on Monday and then I’m on it. I will post photos of how my meals turn out
Amazing thank you, good to know frozen cauliflower works too. We have to go to shops today so going to pick those two up, heading to m&s which have a really good low carb section

Hi gals! I need a bit of advice!

I was soo happy when I found this diet as I thought it was the answer to my prayers. The first week was great, but I didn't like how much red meat and cheese I was eating, so the next week I focused more on chicken, avocado, salmon, to feel a bit healthier.

I'm not sure whether it was week 2 motivation that failed me, or that red meat and cheese is just easier –– but I fell off the wagon last night and ate chocolate and icecream. Annoyed with myself but I'm starting afresh today, I want to persevere.

I guess questions are:

- Shall I try and be ruthless and cut out ALL sweet treats if I have a montrous sweet tooth? Keto cheesecake is so delish but maybe it's a slippery slope?

–Sometimes I just want to SNACK, and that's a big problem. Its worse in the evenings – it's not really out of hunger, I kinda just get the urge to snack. Anyone else? How do you cope? Nuts are dangerous as the carbs (and calories) add up so fast!

– Do you ever feel SICK while on this in the beginning? I know keto flu is a thing but I've definitely felt sort of nauseous and vommy (haven't vommed) and I just need some motivation to GET THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE and start feeling great, hah!

I was soo happy when I found this diet as I thought it was the answer to my prayers. The first week was great, but I didn't like how much red meat and cheese I was eating, so the next week I focused more on chicken, avocado, salmon, to feel a bit healthier.

I'm not sure whether it was week 2 motivation that failed me, or that red meat and cheese is just easier –– but I fell off the wagon last night and ate chocolate and icecream. Annoyed with myself but I'm starting afresh today, I want to persevere.

I guess questions are:

- Shall I try and be ruthless and cut out ALL sweet treats if I have a montrous sweet tooth? Keto cheesecake is so delish but maybe it's a slippery slope?

–Sometimes I just want to SNACK, and that's a big problem. Its worse in the evenings – it's not really out of hunger, I kinda just get the urge to snack. Anyone else? How do you cope? Nuts are dangerous as the carbs (and calories) add up so fast!

– Do you ever feel SICK while on this in the beginning? I know keto flu is a thing but I've definitely felt sort of nauseous and vommy (haven't vommed) and I just need some motivation to GET THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE and start feeling great, hah!
If you feel you can't control yourself around the sweet treats, I'd avoid them entirely.
The urge to snack will fade eventually!

And yes, I felt very sick at first, especially after following Slimming World which is very anti-fat! It does pass.

Keep your fluids up and take electrolytes.

If you feel you can't control yourself around the sweet treats, I'd avoid them entirely.
The urge to snack will fade eventually!

And yes, I felt very sick at first, especially after following Slimming World which is very anti-fat! It does pass.

Keep your fluids up and take electrolytes.
Thank you! Will the sweet / snack urge really pass? I can't imagine not loving the idea of a bar of dairy milk 😂 But sincerely hope I can get there.

Today is going MUCH better than yesterday. Hopefully back on the wagon.

@conrea37 Do you ever have desserts? If so, what?

Starting tomorrow now all the birthday tit is gone, I’ve got everything in stock, looking forward to trying the courgette fritters they sound good!

I’m going to cut out all sweet stuff, personally the temptation is too much and I’ll be looking at biscuit packets checking how carbs I can swing in a day 😂 I’m also a snacker which I really need to cut out! I’m going to try and have breakfast later on in the day as I’m often not that hungry first thing and have breakfast out of habit

Thank you! Will the sweet / snack urge really pass? I can't imagine not loving the idea of a bar of dairy milk 😂 But sincerely hope I can get there.

Today is going MUCH better than yesterday. Hopefully back on the wagon.

@conrea37 Do you ever have desserts? If so, what?
I can often go hours without even thinking about food, though with lockdown and my work being quiet it’s proved more difficult lately!

I make brownies and blondies, I can send you links. I also bought allulose to make ice cream because it’s the only sweetener that allows for soft serve ice cream (it’s not readily available in the U.K. so I order off a particular website.)

Aloha Keto-lerinos!

Today is my first day on Keto. Ahh I feel nervous! I have cleared space for my own ‘keto’ cupboard and spent quite a bit more money buying sugar free sauces and other bits off Amazon so I’m nervous that if I fail it will have been for nothing. I suppose that’s normal.

Anyhoo, my plan is to track everything in MFP this first week but ONLY care about my carbs.

So far I’m at 3g carbs for my bacon and eggs for breakfast along with a coffee with double cream in it - oh god it was heaven in a cup. The calorie count is 508.. woah! But for this week while I get my bearings not going to focus on calories.

Will be interesting to see if I lose weight since my daily calories will probably be higher 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m going to weigh in every day this week

I’m drinking lots of water and I’ve also got these Zero electrolyte tablets which you mix into water (Got them from good old B&M pre lockdown)

Reactions: 2
First day for me too today, good luck!
Breakfast - bacon and cheese
Lunch - chicken thighs and salad
Dinner - pork and beef meatballs with courgetti

I guess questions are:

I would personally ease yourself in. My advice would be to start at 30g carbs and work your other macros around it. Going in straight at 20g will make you feel bleeping terrible. In the beginning you will crave sugar so substitutions such at 85% chocolate, strawberries and cream etc will help you get through it.
You will start losing at 30g carbs and that will allow you to have the odd snack and then you can learn how to modify in future i.e cut out a snack here and there because you actually feel full from lunch.
I’m by no means an expert but when I do low carb I see a difference, I just personally don’t want to take the step to FULL keto which I class as 20g max a day.

Once you get used to what you can and cannot eat it becomes sooooo much easier to monitor. Typically when I’m doing it I will have as follows;

- fast until 1pm (I only do this because I just never have eaten breakfast).If I was to work our or need a boost I opt for a low carb protein shake

I drink about 2cups of black coffee in the morning

- lunch will be bacon eggs and avocado, Or sometimes I make an omelette with cheese and meat with a small dash of oat milk And loads of butter

- dinner will be roasted cauliflower, veg with meat of some sort. I do a lot of gammon! I eat SOOOO much cauliflower as a side dish, also love swede depending on my remaining allowance.

Always remember NEVER to buy ‘low fat’, stick to olive oil, try and cut out milk from coffee but if you absolutely must have something then stick to cream! Learn carb content of your veggies and fruits! And if in doubt, just put loads of cheese on it haha.

I always have one ‘cheat meal’ a week - apparently it’s good to shock your metabolism but I know some die hard keto-ers will think I’m a heathen for suggesting that hahaha

Reactions: 2
I always have one ‘cheat meal’ a week - apparently it’s good to shock your metabolism but I know some die hard keto-ers will think I’m a heathen for suggesting that hahaha
What do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Phwoar...
It helps me reset. But honestly the thing with keto is it is very hard to begin with. I felt like tit at first and if I ate things like bread I would have such an upset stomach. Your body isn’t used to not having what it wants and as such you crave it more BUT... and here’s the real thing, you need to make sure you are eating enough fat in addition to cutting the carbs. I would recommend downloading carbmanager which works out exactly what your macros should be. You have to make sure that you are keeping up with all your macros in order to keep full and sustained. You need to opt for fattier meats, eat the skin, eat the rind etc. I struggle with that at times.

It helps me reset. But honestly the thing with keto is it is very hard to begin with. I felt like tit at first and if I ate things like bread I would have such an upset stomach. Your body isn’t used to not having what it wants and as such you crave it more BUT... and here’s the real thing, you need to make sure you are eating enough fat in addition to cutting the carbs. I would recommend downloading carbmanager which works out exactly what your macros should be. You have to make sure that you are keeping up with all your macros in order to keep full and sustained. You need to opt for fattier meats, eat the skin, eat the rind etc. I struggle with that at times.
I use an app called cronometer which is similar but has more detail on vitamins etc. Both are great! (I started with carb manager)

I use an app called cronometer which is similar but has more detail on vitamins etc. Both are great! (I started with carb manager)

Ooooooo I’ll have a look at that one!! I need to really get back on it. I have become so sloppy since lock down. I use it to help control my weight as I have PCOS. It’s the most effective I’ve used. I am glad this thread has become more active. Helps us all motivate each other!!!

Ooooooo I’ll have a look at that one!! I need to really get back on it. I have become so sloppy since lock down. I use it to help control my weight as I have PCOS. It’s the most effective I’ve used. I am glad this thread has become more active. Helps us all motivate each other!!!
I have PCOS too! Ice been doing a lot of reading about insulin resistance in PCOS which is why I decided to go the Keto route. I was a terrible chocolate binge eater and I want to overcome it. I’ve quit booze, smoking, now it’s time for sugar 👍 It’s funny isn’t it, when you get diagnosed with PCOS you get zero information on how to manage it/what you need to be more aware of. (At least it was in my case)