Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m on day 6 of low carb, I ALWAYS get bloody ‘carb flu’ or whatever it is when I adjust to low carb. Had a stinking headache for 2 days but feeling good and less bloated. Just had some chopped strawberries and a coconut collaborative chocolate pot and it’s soooo nice 😍 the pot is about 100 calories and is mostly just coconut cream and cocoa.
I always feel terrible too. I feel really really rough when I start, get headaches and feel run down, tired etc but then all of a sudden it goes and I feel great!!!

Oooo great ideas!!
my only concern is the possibility of losing muscle mass... I’ve read that that can happen on a ketogenic diet?
Im not sure about that. Might be worth having a look online. I will start working out once I’ve got over the first week of feeling tit so I’ll let you know how I get on!

Actually it would be helpful to keep sharing meal ideas on here to help motivation, some things I’ve had

(v) sausages, onion gravy, carrot and parsnip mash and broccoli

baked salmon on spinach with cheese sauce (you’re supposed to add halved cherry toms in but I don’t like them)

halved peppers filled with Mexican chicken/veg with cheese on top and oven cooked

spag Bol with broccoli instead of pasta, and cheese obviously

chicken stir fry
Yes so helpful!!

Pork chop, swede mash, sprouts fried with lardons

Pork steak or medallion, cream and mushroom sauce, brocolli and roasted cauliflower

Beef stroganoff with cauliflower rice

Naked burgers topped with cheese, avocado, bacon

Chicken wrapped in cheese and bacon, served with roasted veg; courgette, red peppers, leeks

Cobb salad - shredded lettuce, black olives, chicken, bacon, blue cheese, spring onion, avocado and a dressing of vinegar and oil. You can add cucumber but I hate it

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I have been doing keto since july 2019 and I've lost about 50lbs.
My energy levels are up, my skin has cleared up massively (though a better skincare routine has helped too), I don't get colds/viral bugs anymore.

When I had treats for christmas (I ruddy love christmas food) my family noticed just how sluggish I was compared to my new normal!

To keep myself under control I make chocolate brownies once a fortnight and made mint choc ice cream using allulose (which I had to get off a special website as it's not cleared for sale here)

Reactions: 6
I re started the keto diet for the second time a couple of months ago and yes I lost weight but can’t stay away from carbs for long 🙄 yes I hate myself
Also I had a routine blood test and my cholesterol was higher than normal so my dr asked what was I doing so different with my diet? I said I didn’t know 😬😬😬😬😬😬 and then stopped keto for the second time at that point

Yes I’ve put the weight straight back on plus some extra for luck 🤨

When I say keto I’m not 100% sure I even get into keto as don’t test I just limit my carbs to very very little

Reactions: 1
So this is just like the atkins that everyone was scared about back then? I did atkins about 15 years ago and lost a ton of weight. Ate around 2-3000cal a day no problem (which always makes me laugh when people preach about eating less calories to lose weight). I cannot have dairy or nuts any more so I would struggle on it now, I think. Anyone doing dairy free keto? What is keeping your fat intake up?

Day 8 of keto so far... I’ve been experiencing night sweats during the night, waking up in sweat... is this normal?!

Day 8 of keto so far... I’ve been experiencing night sweats during the night, waking up in sweat... is this normal?!
wouldn’t surprise me because your body gets rid of a certain chemical when you’re first in Ketosis, I’ve never had sweats but I did have a terrible taste in my mouth

Reactions: 3
I’m a Keto’er too. Started May 2019. I lost the weight I wanted to lose and now am pretty much just maintaining (although a few Christmas lbs went on)
Love the keto life. Am happy to try and answer any questions.
good luck on your keto journey :)

Reactions: 3
I’ve lost 6lb since Monday 😁😁😁
Also, been to the doctors today regarding a pcos ultrasound I had last week. I told him I am doing Keto and he said it is the best thing I could ever do for myself and my ovaries!! By doing Keto, i could make all of my cysts go away and all my symptoms 🤯 so I am definitely on it now with Keto!
Good luck to all!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve lost 6lb since Monday 😁😁😁
Also, been to the doctors today regarding a pcos ultrasound I had last week. I told him I am doing Keto and he said it is the best thing I could ever do for myself and my ovaries!! By doing Keto, i could make all of my cysts go away and all my symptoms 🤯 so I am definitely on it now with Keto!
Good luck to all!!
Wow, that is amazing! It’s amazing how some doctors are so against it when others are so supportive of it?!

Wow, that is amazing! It’s amazing how some doctors are so against it when others are so supportive of it?!
Isn’t it! His face literally lite up when I told him I was doing Keto! He was definitely a big supporter!

Anyone made anything nice recently? I’m at that point where I’m getting a bit bored, I want a Chinese and a slab of dairy milk 🤤 In need of some inspiration.

Anyone made anything nice recently? I’m at that point where I’m getting a bit bored, I want a Chinese and a slab of dairy milk 🤤 In need of some inspiration.
I feel like this today 😑
Lasagna with aubergine instead of pasta sheets and soft cheese for the sauce
Enchiladas with courgette instead of wraps-I use chicken thigh meat instead of chicken breast
Steak fajitas
Stuffed chicken

Good luck, we got this 🤘🏻

• Heart
I feel like this today 😑
Lasagna with aubergine instead of pasta sheets and soft cheese for the sauce
Enchiladas with courgette instead of wraps-I use chicken thigh meat instead of chicken breast
Steak fajitas
Stuffed chicken

Good luck, we got this 🤘🏻
mm fajitas sound good. Doesn’t help that I need to do a shop, I’ve been living on soup because it requires no prep or effort.

Hello can I join you please? I’ve got my food shop arriving on Saturday with lots of protein, veg and cheese to start with gusto! Would you mind if I posted my daily food to keep on track?

• Heart
mm fajitas sound good. Doesn’t help that I need to do a shop, I’ve been living on soup because it requires no prep or effort.
Fajitas are really good! I slow cook diced steak, then fry onions & peppers, add the steak, seasonings and tomato purée and a little water 😋 serve with swede chips and soured cream 😛

Hello can I join you please? I’ve got my food shop arriving on Saturday with lots of protein, veg and cheese to start with gusto! Would you mind if I posted my daily food to keep on track?
Try not to have loads of protein and this can effect ketosis and weight loss! Also make sure you replenish your electrolytes 😁

Fajitas are really good! I slow cook diced steak, then fry onions & peppers, add the steak, seasonings and tomato purée and a little water 😋 serve with swede chips and soured cream 😛
My next aim is to make cheese tacos/wraps!

Welcome! :) focus on net carbs to start with and get that fat in!

• Heart
Hey everyone. Been lurking in the thread and finally ready to tackle going keto. Wanted to ask what your fav brand of cauliflower rice is? I'm not a big fan of rice in general actually but thinking the cauliflower rice may be a nice accompaniment to the chicken dishes I have planned.
Also favourite pasta substitutions? Wary of asking as I really don't want zucchini noodles or anything like that but just in case someone has something that's similar to pasta and low carb!

The Aldi fresh cauliflower or broccoli rice is my favourite, I find the frozen or microwave pouch type a bit smelly/watery. You can get pea pasta, lentil pasta and soya bean pasta but I don’t know which is best and it’s likely none of them are suitable for very strict Keto.

The Aldi fresh cauliflower or broccoli rice is my favourite, I find the frozen or microwave pouch type a bit smelly/watery. You can get pea pasta, lentil pasta and soya bean pasta but I don’t know which is best and it’s likely none of them are suitable for very strict Keto.
Thank you! Love Aldi's so will there at the weekend! Will look into the pastas too