Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

midnightrose

VIP Member
Cheese is a winner on Keto!! I’ve just smacked on some 🤣
A9DA2FBD-3274-414B-AAFE-411EBD3E3842.jpeg

Here is what I ate last night - sorry if pic does not look appetising. Home made courgette fries (coated in Parmesan cheese) and a cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato. Winning!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
Heavenly Fan on YouTube is brilliant for Keto recipes. She's also vegan but has masses of recipes you can adapt and also loads of low carb baking recipes too.
She's really laid back about it all having a history of feeling out of control around high carbohydrates. No counting & obsessing. I decided to go that way as have spent a life yo yo dieting and it's a miserable way to live.
I've lost (only) 6 lbs since Christmas BUT it's mainly off my belly and I feel a ton better in myself.
So I'm not keto as such, more erring on low carb. As I don't go out much, I decided in advance, if I was say at a family do, I'd make the best choices I could & then continue low carb the following day.
Likewise on the odd occasion I meet a friend at a local cafe, I'll have a bacon bagel, enjoy it and continue low carb again.
I'm really enjoying it mainly due to finding her channel and her voice and disposition is lovely & calming. Hope this helps someone sick of High Carb addiction.

Reactions: 7

Kofi Annan

I'm an avid follower of the keto diet 🙋🏼‍♀️

To give a bit of history, started "dirty" keto back in 2016 after myself and my husband had aome health issues. Combined with regular exercise I lost 4 stone over 8 months. Maintained for a year and then in 2018 had a bit of a mh breakdown. Piled all the weight back on and struggled last year to control my eating. Decided 2020 wasn't gonna be another year just written off so started vegetarian clean keto yesterday.

I've read alot about it's benefits, pit falls and issues so feel free to ask. Also there are some helpful links I can post.

theghosttown

VIP Member
In November I started loosely following Keto and I lost 1 stone in just over 2 weeks and then fell off the wagon in December and have maintained since. I have PCOS so have always been advised to minimise carbs.

I don't stick to a strict keto diet as I really don't enjoy overloading on fatty meats, cheese and heavy dairy. I also find with strict keto your carb limit is so low which means you cant enjoy certain nutritious veg. I stick to 30 g carbs a day but when I really focus I find I don't ever really hit that level. Also with keto you have to be quite strict to get into ketosis and there are so many things that can take you out of it.

Its so hard to get your head around the fact that heavy cream, cheese, full fat, fatty meats etc are really good and low fat is a definite no go. I can still enjoy alcohol but mainly gin and slim, no beer, prosecco etc. I used an app called carb manager. I also upgraded to the paid version and found some really good recipes!!

• Heart

yogiessexdubs

VIP Member
Just wondered if anyone is still doing keto here? 💜

I've just been reading all of your posts from the thread, just thought I'd post an input ..

Bit of a backstory - I've had bowel issues/operations & some years ago a doctor told me I should really only eat meat & veg (but of course I didn't listen). Recently I was getting lots of tummy aches from carbs etc. & due to another surgery I was petrified of having accidents etc.

I moved to Dubai 2.5yrs ago & there's a legit thing called the 'Dubai stone', everyone comes here & puts on at least a stone. I've felt so heavy for the longest time & honestly embarrassed.
I've always given up after the first day or hour but something in me got fed up a few weeks ago, I just felt kind of 'ready'. I fasted on Sunday 26th as much as possible & then started ...
Now I am not saying this is healthy at all but ...
I have a skinny latte in the morning (it's just non-negotiable okay :ROFLMAO: ), I really dislike milk alternatives & black coffee, it's my only vice.
Then I would fast throughout the day (drinking around 2L water). and have a cheese burger bowl (from a take-out place) with extra patty, lettuce, pickles, onions, mushrooms. Don't judge me - I live alone, work long hours & groceries are ridiculously expensive here :LOL:.
I take multivitamins but other than those I've had no other supplements or sugar alternatives etc.
I have slipped up and had some gum (I realised after I should've got sugar free gum) and I do have a diet soda with my dinner.

I did get keto flu and had the odd corn cake (like rice cake) but I feel like I'm out of the woods now. It's coming up to 2weeks now and I've lost about a stone.
I will change my eating habits to more 'clean keto' to be a little more healthier but I feel this has helped nip the cravings in the bud & get into ketosis quick time.

Last edited:
  • Heart

conrea37

VIP Member
I have been doing keto since july 2019 and I've lost about 50lbs.
My energy levels are up, my skin has cleared up massively (though a better skincare routine has helped too), I don't get colds/viral bugs anymore.

When I had treats for christmas (I ruddy love christmas food) my family noticed just how sluggish I was compared to my new normal!

To keep myself under control I make chocolate brownies once a fortnight and made mint choc ice cream using allulose (which I had to get off a special website as it's not cleared for sale here)

Reactions: 6

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I could never follow a group of severely rigid Keto Cops. Life's too short. "Hands behind your back! Where is it? Hand over the soy sauce NOW!!!" I'd be reaching for a donut. Nope, ambling along at my own pace suits me fine.

• Haha

MaryLou32

Chatty Member
I am going to restart keto. For me it is the only thing that really works quickly and helps me feel truly satiated and my sweet tooth practically disappears. I also feel much less sluggish and tired on keto.
I’ve been calorie counting since Christmas and have managed to get a stone off but I can’t help but feel if I had done keto I would have lost a lot more by now. I have about 10 weeks until an event so I’m excited to get back to the keto way of life.

Gold_7

Chatty Member
Well done on the weight losses!

I’m going to join in here if that’s ok; I started this (again) recently. What amazes me about Keto is how much it reduces your appetite. I get ‘normal’ hungry, not craving for crap. It really resets something in my brain and body.

I’ve tried other methods of fatloss and although keto is hard for the first few days, it’s the only way of eating that really works for me. It’s just that when I fall off the wagon, I seem to forget that!

I’m about 2.5 weeks back in and I’m not weighing but just going by how I look and feel. Much happier so far!

• Heart

delightfullyfuked.

Chatty Member
I love keto 🫶🏻 did it last year and lost 2 stone. I’ve mostly maintained but need to lose 6lbs to get back to what I was. 3 days in and 4lbs down. I also found how my aches and pains went away. The inflammation carbs caused me was real!

Facebook have a few great groups and found YouTube a great help.

KfBr

VIP Member
I’ve done this on and off for about 6 months now. I have PCOS and have read lots of things to say it helps with the insulin and regulates hormones etc. My mother in law did it for 6 weeks and lost 1.5 stone.
she gave me a book that had a few stories of a doctor who put patients onto this diet to help PCOS and help conceive and it worked within 6 months for 2 patients and 1 year for the other.
We have been trying to conceive for a year now so I am 💯 doing Keto!! It’s the only diet I have know to burn belly fat and make you lose weight super fast!!
good luck to all ❣

• Heart

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member
Longtime lurker here 🙋🏻‍♀️

So I’ve maintained so far during lockdown, I’m a stone down. But this last week I’ve gone crazy. My sugar addiction is out of hand and need to make some changes. I turn 30 in less than two weeks and I was going to wait but I think I might start now.

I’m kicking myself because I could be 2 stone down during this lockdown 😣 Where did everyone start!? I don’t eat fish and I’m not a big meat eater.
I know this sounds crazy but during the first week I really struggled with sweet cravings too so I did some googling and every time I fancy a mars bar I eat a pickled gherkin 😂😂 I know it’s mental but there is some science behind it as the sourness overpowers the need for sweet things in your brain!

I didn’t even like pickled gherkins and now I quite enjoy them ... on week 3 now and no sweet cravings what so ever!

• Heart

delightfullyfuked.

Chatty Member
I agree with Facebook groups. One is absolutely militant though, don't even allow sweeteners. If that's your thing great but I need my pepsi max to stay on track.
They have a higher turnover of regulars than the dirty keto groups as nobody can be that strict long term.
I had to leave a group because they shamed me for using 1 teaspoon of soy sauce for 2 chicken breast 🤦🏻‍♀️ said soy sauce was a no no on keto and I should remove my post 🤣 this was after I’d lost nearly 2 stone in 5 months doing exactly what I was doing! Found some lovely sparkling lemon sodas in Aldi today, I enjoy the fact I have to really think about food rather than being lazy and grabbing a sandwich or something.

• Haha

Megansnarkle

VIP Member
Right, so my first five days (I started Tuesday):
Starting weight: 12 st
Current weight: 11 st 8 lbs (6 lbs lost)
Average weight for the week: 11 st 9.8 lbs.
Week 2
Average weight for the week: 11 st 6.1 lbs.

So 3.7 lbs down on last week's average.

Not bad. If I carry on at this rate then I should be at somewhere around 10 and a half stone by mid-Feb, at which time I'm hoping to switch to a diet that is more sustainable for me in the long term and also start proper cardio again.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Drea1984

Chatty Member
I’ve done it off and on for 18 years. I have a terrible sweet tooth and it helps me manage that. The key to it is drink lots of water. I try to do 3l a day. I always have milk in tea and coffee & it makes no difference. I find because I’ve done it so much I get into ketosis within around 24 hours.

• Heart

megsmagoo

VIP Member
Hi just checking in as well, kind of dropped off a bit. Today is week 3 and I’ve lost 1 stone and 2lbs, I’m at my goal now which is great but I think I’ll carry on with this way of eating most of the time, I don’t want it to be pile back in on by diving head first into the carbs 😂

• Wow

plattyjoobs

VIP Member
I’ve been doing it since the beginning of the year, lost 2.5 stone so far. Same as the posters above, I do more of a dirty/lazy version as I would really struggle with clean. Sugar Free Londoner has been brilliant for me, loads of recipes for low cars versions of sweet things.

Cantdeal

First weigh in this morning and I've lost 5 pounds 🥳
I used to my ketosis stick and definately in ketosis, so a very happy girl this morning!