Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pinterest!!

It's not recommended whilst breastfeeding.

dietdoctor.com is good. It'll ask you to sign up but ignore that, hit the burger bar top left and click on low carb and keto. Loads of info.
Do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions too! I am soooooo so addicted to diet coke. Is low carb / keto strictly no diet sodas too? I know it can knock you out of ketosis but do i need to avoid?

Also, do you have any recommendations as an alternative to almond flour?

Oh for sure, I’m not disputing it as I’ve read tonnes of advice - it’s just not my personal preference. I’ve always preferred more lean meats and just can’t overload on the dairy. It takes a lot to re programme yourself to recognise that low fat is so bad and full fat is good. It’s nice to be able to have real butter and cream, just a shame you can’t slather it on bread! I can’t even make alternatives out of almond flour as I have a severe tree nut allergy😔

I haven’t really read anything that recommends keto for pcos but everything I have ever read about diets for pcos say that carbs should be limited. This is due to insulin resistance and how it’s stored. I was originally looking at low GI but it’s just too complicated and I can’t be bothered faffing around and working out how the content of a foods GI has changed when it’s cooked a certain way etc. Low carb definitely just fits into my lifestyle and is very easy to do when you put your mind to it. Only thing I would say is there is also a lot of stuff online saying that dairy is very bad for pcos. I am fine with it but I know others have benefitted from removing it which can be slightly tricky with keto / low carb as you become quite limited. I don’t drink milk anymore in coffee but I use a lot of cheese and cream in cooking!!
Thank you
I think I'm going to give it a go . A woman at work did the keto diet and saw massive results but restricted herself so much she would then fall off the no carb wagon and binge on bread. Which put me off slightly.
I can't eat too much bread/ wheat anyway as I get terrible blaoting ( I'm pretty sure I have some sort of gluten intolerance 😐 I just like bread )
I have had great results with cutting out dairy , I only drink rice milk in my coffee and the first week i made this change I lost 7lbs , and my skin improved so so much. I have had cheese over Christmas though 🙈

Reactions: 1
Thank you
I think I'm going to give it a go . A woman at work did the keto diet and saw massive results but restricted herself so much she would then fall off the no carb wagon and binge on bread. Which put me off slightly.
I can't eat too much bread/ wheat anyway as I get terrible blaoting ( I'm pretty sure I have some sort of gluten intolerance 😐 I just like bread )
I have had great results with cutting out dairy , I only drink rice milk in my coffee and the first week i made this change I lost 7lbs , and my skin improved so so much. I have had cheese over Christmas though 🙈
Cheese is fine on the keto diet! 😃

Cheese is a winner on Keto!! I’ve just smacked on some 🤣
A9DA2FBD-3274-414B-AAFE-411EBD3E3842.jpeg

Here is what I ate last night - sorry if pic does not look appetising. Home made courgette fries (coated in Parmesan cheese) and a cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato. Winning!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
View attachment 68726
Here is what I ate last night - sorry if pic does not look appetising. Home made courgette fries (coated in Parmesan cheese) and a cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato. Winning!
That’s looks delicious 😋 😛
Try swede chips! I coat them in MCT oil, garlic and paprika 😋😋
Look into MCT oil, it’s really good for all cooking and to get your fat content higher

• Heart
Look into MCT oil, it’s really good for all cooking and to get your fat content higher
I could eat swede all day long, mashed is amazing but try cutting it into cubes, covering in parmesan and roasting!! Im having it tonight as part of my allowance.

I also bloody LOVEEEEEEEE roasted cauliflower. That has massively become my friend on low carb.

Today im likely to finish on 37g net cabs, 76g fat and 88g protein. In total 1208 calories. I need to up my fats as i am still hungry but I have hardly any food in the house today so knocked up fridge friendly meals!

View attachment 68726
How did you make those fries? Courgette, egg, parmesan and bake? Looks amazing!! I love avocado on a burger too mmm

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I could eat swede all day long, mashed is amazing but try cutting it into cubes, covering in parmesan and roasting!! Im having it tonight as part of my allowance.

I also bloody LOVEEEEEEEE roasted cauliflower. That has massively become my friend on low carb.

Today im likely to finish on 37g net cabs, 76g fat and 88g protein. In total 1208 calories. I need to up my fats as i am still hungry but I have hardly any food in the house today so knocked up fridge friendly meals!

How did you make those fries? Courgette, egg, parmesan and bake? Looks amazing!! I love avocado on a burger too mmm
Yes that’s pretty much the recipe lovely! Very delicious, and will def be making them again. Yummy yummy 🥰

Ooooh they sound good, but I don’t usually like swede though!

Yes that’s pretty much the recipe lovely! Very delicious, and will def be making them again. Yummy yummy 🥰

Ooooh they sound good, but I don’t usually like swede though!
Put loads of garlic on and you can’t taste the swede 😋

Just had keto Nando’s 😍
Chicken thighs, broccoli and halloumi!
I like that I can still pretty much eat what I like. I do miss piri piri fries though lol

• Heart
Just had keto Nando’s 😍
Chicken thighs, broccoli and halloumi!
I like that I can still pretty much eat what I like. I do miss piri piri fries though lol
Wooo you sound like you’re getting into the swing of things. You can even order from McDonald’s, double cheese burger without the bread, onion and ketchup. Sounds gross but so good for a treat. I always go for subway salads if I’m stuck for food at work and didn’t bring lunch!

Wooo you sound like you’re getting into the swing of things. You can even order from McDonald’s, double cheese burger without the bread, onion and ketchup. Sounds gross but so good for a treat. I always go for subway salads if I’m stuck for food at work and didn’t bring lunch!
Oooo great ideas!!
my only concern is the possibility of losing muscle mass... I’ve read that that can happen on a ketogenic diet?

I’m on day 6 of low carb, I ALWAYS get bloody ‘carb flu’ or whatever it is when I adjust to low carb. Had a stinking headache for 2 days but feeling good and less bloated. Just had some chopped strawberries and a coconut collaborative chocolate pot and it’s soooo nice 😍 the pot is about 100 calories and is mostly just coconut cream and cocoa.

I’m on day 6 of low carb, I ALWAYS get bloody ‘carb flu’ or whatever it is when I adjust to low carb. Had a stinking headache for 2 days but feeling good and less bloated. Just had some chopped strawberries and a coconut collaborative chocolate pot and it’s soooo nice 😍 the pot is about 100 calories and is mostly just coconut cream and cocoa.
Sounds yummy @Keepitw0nky ! 😋

Actually it would be helpful to keep sharing meal ideas on here to help motivation, some things I’ve had

(v) sausages, onion gravy, carrot and parsnip mash and broccoli

baked salmon on spinach with cheese sauce (you’re supposed to add halved cherry toms in but I don’t like them)

halved peppers filled with Mexican chicken/veg with cheese on top and oven cooked

spag Bol with broccoli instead of pasta, and cheese obviously

chicken stir fry