Keelin Moncrieff #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a lot to say in Thread #2 about the way Keelin and Eimear fetishise the underclass, but I’m genuinely concerned for Keelin now. The TikTok she uploaded this morning is wild; she has “wipe down the condensation from the windows” as part of her morning routine. That flat is clearly riddled with damp, and she’s raising a baby in it? She needs to ventilate that place and reduce the humidity before she gets mould, and they develop serious respiratory illnesses. Or better still, get out of it.

I feel really sorry for her, but then in the pod this week she’s telling Jenny Claffey that they’ve been looking at wedding venues? Like get your priorities in order, Keelin. Rambling about some “eco-farm” out in Tipperary that grow their own food to serve at wedding banquets. I can only assume she’s talking about Cloughjordan House, costing €160/€180 a head, minimum numbers of 120, you have to fill all the bedrooms or pay for those you don’t fill and a venue hire fee of €3000-5000 also. Source: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058081345/cloughjordan-house)

Like truly, anyone considering paying for a wedding like that, and returning home to a damp and dirty flat thereafter, with their infant, is in dire need of psychological intervention. This isn’t the thinking of someone who’s stable and/or able to think rationally.

Reactions: 19
Apologies for double posting folks, just went out for coffee with a friend who watched the TikTok with me and pointed out a couple of things:

1. That lunch they had at Café Topolis cost roughly €40. The menu is online, it was clearly
Fettuccine Alla Carbonara and Linguini Alla Primavera, with garlic bread & cheese as a side. Excluding their drinks that was €33.50 alone, then she had the audacity, in this economic climate, to say “it wasn’t that nice” as it tasted like “a stir fry with spaghetti”. Businesses in the food and beverage industry are closing left and right, such poor form to slate a place to your 69.5k followers just because you didn’t understand what you were ordering.

2. The brand she showcases Jason as buying a jumper from is Indigo and Cloth. The cheapest mens’ knitwear in their sale section starts from €116, I’ve attached a screenshot below.

What everyperson has €150+ to drop on a lunch and a jumper on a random Saturday afternoon? In this economy? And with a flat full of damp. Insanity.

Attachments

Reactions: 13
I find it so so strange that instead of just posting a photo of you on your own, you’d rather post one with your baby’s head crudely scribbled over. This could honestly just be me finding it weird but I would hate the post a photo and scrawl out my baby’s face i’d rather just not post a photo together.

Attachments

Reactions: 13
I find it so so strange that instead of just posting a photo of you on your own, you’d rather post one with your baby’s head crudely scribbled over. This could honestly just be me finding it weird but I would hate the post a photo and scrawl out my baby’s face i’d rather just not post a photo together.
That wouldn’t be conducive with her carefully-curated image of full-time, cool and unconventional eco-Mam.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I had a lot to say in Thread #2 about the way Keelin and Eimear fetishise the underclass, but I’m genuinely concerned for Keelin now. The TikTok she uploaded this morning is wild; she has “wipe down the condensation from the windows” as part of her morning routine. That flat is clearly riddled with damp, and she’s raising a baby in it? She needs to ventilate that place and reduce the humidity before she gets mould, and they develop serious respiratory illnesses. Or better still, get out of it.

I feel really sorry for her, but then in the pod this week she’s telling Jenny Claffey that they’ve been looking at wedding venues? Like get your priorities in order, Keelin. Rambling about some “eco-farm” out in Tipperary that grow their own food to serve at wedding banquets. I can only assume she’s talking about Cloughjordan House, costing €160/€180 a head, minimum numbers of 120, you have to fill all the bedrooms or pay for those you don’t fill and a venue hire fee of €3000-5000 also. Source: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058081345/cloughjordan-house)

Like truly, anyone considering paying for a wedding like that, and returning home to a damp and dirty flat thereafter, with their infant, is in dire need of psychological intervention. This isn’t the thinking of someone who’s stable and/or able to think rationally.
im sure her dad will pay for their wedding

Reactions: 1
im sure her dad will pay for their wedding
I disagree, he’s not paying for them to have a half-decent roof over their heads. He’s happy for her to demonstrate to 70k odd people that she’s living in a damp, dirty little flat. Surely if he was willing to be forthcoming with money, it would be for his daughter and granddaughter to have safe housing?

Reactions: 2
The latest tik tok reeked of oh look see how Jason is an amazing father and totally does so much and isn't disengaged at all

I disagree, he’s not paying for them to have a half-decent roof over their heads. He’s happy for her to demonstrate to 70k odd people that she’s living in a damp, dirty little flat. Surely if he was willing to be forthcoming with money, it would be for his daughter and granddaughter to have safe housing?
While I agree with you, not sure why he should have to pay for her accommodation seeing as she is an adult. He might have tried to talk sense into her to live in a bigger place for same/less money outside the city. If my kid didn't take my advice I would be like 'Right well, make sure you take out health insurance shithead'

Reactions: 5
While I agree with you, not sure why he should have to pay for her accommodation seeing as she is an adult. He might have tried to talk sense into her to live in a bigger place for same/less money outside the city. If my kid didn't take my advice I would be like 'Right well, make sure you take out health insurance shithead'
Agree to an extent, the line for me would be drawn whereby an infant is living in those conditions. Damp and mould are causal to respiratory problems, infections, asthma. It can also have a drastic impact on the immune system, to which babies are particularly sensitive. Not suggesting he “should have to”, but if the suggestion is there that he’d pay for her wedding, my point is surely the money would be better spent on making sure his infant granddaughter is living somewhere safe.

Reactions: 3
Agree to an extent, the line for me would be drawn whereby an infant is living in those conditions. Damp and mould are causal to respiratory problems, infections, asthma. It can also have a drastic impact on the immune system, to which babies are particularly sensitive. Not suggesting he “should have to”, but if the suggestion is there that he’d pay for her wedding, my point is surely the money would be better spent on making sure his infant granddaughter is living somewhere safe.
He might not be aware of the apartments condition, I doubt he watches her snapchats

there's condensation on the windows it's hardly a biohazard
Love the aggressive sarcasm in this. If your window is pure dripping in the mornings, that’s excessive humidity and damp. Wouldn’t happen with sufficient ventilation. Keelin carries away two handfuls of soaked paper towels in that TikTok, and the window in the background is still wet. Read something about the effects of damp on infants, for duck sake. The WHO have a fact sheet on it here; https://www.euro.who.int/__data/ass...th-problems-with-damp-EDITING_layouted_V2.pdf

You’ll find it is, in fact, the biohazard you say it’s not - given that ‘biohazard’, by definition, literally means a risk posed to human health.

---

He might not be aware of the apartments condition, I doubt he watches her snapchats
He helped her find it; https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and...lp-my-daughter-find-a-place-to-live-1.4833111

Am pretty sure she was living with him when she moved back from London. He just was like "Yeah this place is grand, take it and move out of my house pls"

Reactions: 4
Am pretty sure she was living with him when she moved back from London. He just was like "Yeah this place is grand, take it and move out of my house pls"
Which is grand when you’ve two unemployed, unthinking adults living in the spare room. He’s a journalist though, he would have had to have been familiar with the 'Growing Up In The Cold' study by St Vincent de Paul in 2019, which looked at a sample of 9,001 five-year-old children and their families. It was everywhere at the time of publication and Newstalk gave it a decent amount of airtime (rightfully so).

Key takeaways from the report included the fact that children living in energy-poor homes (see: damp) were 10% more likely to develop asthma and were more likely to have been on two or more courses of antibiotics in the last 12 months.

Anyone thinking it’s not a biohazard is an idiot.

Damp is an issue in 90% of rental houses in Ireland/the UK to be fair (unfortunately). I've lived in a fair share of houses and all of them had mould at some point

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Damp is an issue in 90% of rental houses in Ireland/the UK to be fair (unfortunately). I've lived in a fair share of houses and all of them had mould at some point
Also lived in tit-holes, 600k people were estimated to be living with damp or rot by Engineers Ireland in 2019. I highlight all of this only to wonder why they’re haemorrhaging money and looking at such a wildly expensive wedding venue, when they’re bringing their baby daughter home to that kind of risk. Go to a registry office to be married, leave off the designer knitwear and put a warm, ventilated home around your daughter with the money.

Love the aggressive sarcasm in this. If your window is pure dripping in the mornings, that’s excessive humidity and damp. Wouldn’t happen with sufficient ventilation. Keelin carries away two handfuls of soaked paper towels in that TikTok, and the window in the background is still wet. Read something about the effects of damp on infants, for duck sake. The WHO have a fact sheet on it here; https://www.euro.who.int/__data/ass...th-problems-with-damp-EDITING_layouted_V2.pdf

You’ll find it is, in fact, the biohazard you say it’s not - given that ‘biohazard’, by definition, literally means a risk posed to human health.

---

He helped her find it; https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and...lp-my-daughter-find-a-place-to-live-1.4833111
you're way too invested tbh most houses in england (and im assuming ireland) have some kind of condensation in the winter, dont think we need to be scrutinising every purchase because of some wet windows. youre lucky if youve never lived in a place with condensation lol ive lived both up north and in london and its very common. youre acting like its child abuse

Reactions: 15
you're way too invested tbh most houses in england (and im assuming ireland) have some kind of condensation in the winter, dont think we need to be scrutinising every purchase because of some wet windows. youre lucky if youve never lived in a place with condensation lol ive lived both up north and in london and its very common. youre acting like its child abuse
Scrutinising every purchase? More like making a comment, as per the purpose of Tattle, about the insanity/lack of stability in a woman’s thinking when she’s describing (via her public podcast) a wedding venue costing at least €3k in venue hire fees, plus at least €160 a head with minimum numbers of 120 people. That’s €22,200 without even a photographer, or a cake, or a dress, and they’re all to head home to that mess of a flat after??

As I said in my last comment, I’ve lived in tit-holes, most of us have. Most of us aren’t making the €60k Keelin advertised she makes last June. Most of us wouldn’t be planning an extravagant wedding while living in such a tiny, decrepit flat with an infant either.

Your inflammatory and extremist language about “child abuse” suggests immense immaturity, very much akin to Keelin’s own. Take care 👍🏻

• Haha
I don't get how you can plan for a 30k plus wedding while living in a crappy 1 bed dublin flat with a new born. Maybe others see it differently but I don't get, priorities seem to be arse ways

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.