Keelin Moncrieff #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saoirse is such a waster. Artists can create incredible careers for themselves if they try hard enough or pursue an education/career. I loved art and became an architect to pursue art in a commercial way, I have friends who went down the design route, fabrications route, tattooing apprenticeships. You can make money from being commercially creative and I’d love to see the girl doing something like that and actually make money. Instead of living off of her mam and dad, which granted who bleeping wouldn’t given the opportunity to live easy like that 😂
And I’m sorry, maybe her drawings are open to interpretation if people think they’re decent, but slapping a crappy cut out star and sewing it wonky on a cheap t shirt, or worse, scrawling in pen on a tahirt is not my idea of “art”, it’s lazy, it could have potential to be good if she was willing to put in even the smallest effort. She must know no one would buy them if she wasn’t a Moncrieff??

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I usually like the podcast cause I like eimer but wtf. The thing “everyone is diagnosing themselves with autism” feels so icky. Like as someone diagnosed, some people have to self diagnosed cause very similarly to her “adhd” there isn’t exactly a lot of resources for people to get the help/diagnosis they need and them laughing at the concept is plain ableist and disgusting. They should acc be ashamed of themselves and not be so stuck up their own hole and get educated 👀 neurodivergent people should support eachother not tear each other down. And the comments about the baby having a lazy eye being a cop out and “trick” is horrible . Shows how I feminist and shallow they are. Pitying that child.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I usually like the podcast cause I like eimer but wtf. The thing “everyone is diagnosing themselves with autism” feels so icky. Like as someone diagnosed, some people have to self diagnosed cause very similarly to her “adhd” there isn’t exactly a lot of resources for people to get the help/diagnosis they need and them laughing at the concept is plain ableist and disgusting. They should acc be ashamed of themselves and not be so stuck up their own hole and get educated 👀 neurodivergent people should support eachother not tear each other down. And the comments about the baby having a lazy eye being a cop out and “trick” is horrible . Shows how I feminist and shallow they are. Pitying that child.
this is so true i've only just been diagnosed through uni after years of persuing it and if i hadn't had that option i would've had to wait years longer or go private and pay loads which is not even a feasible option for me . i hate when people say stuff like that with no knowledge or experience . self diagnosis with in depth research will always be valid there is such a difference between seeing one tiktok and deciding you have autism and spending hours and hours researching traits and how they relate to you from early childhood!!!

Reactions: 2
ironic cos keelin self diagnoses herself with everything going she's never been actually diagnosed with anything as far as i know

Reactions: 17
I usually like the podcast cause I like eimer but wtf. The thing “everyone is diagnosing themselves with autism” feels so icky. Like as someone diagnosed, some people have to self diagnosed cause very similarly to her “adhd” there isn’t exactly a lot of resources for people to get the help/diagnosis they need and them laughing at the concept is plain ableist and disgusting.
Did she actually say this?!

Wow - that is beyond ignorant.

Reactions: 2
I just found that hilarious because she has self diagnoses with everything - depression, anxiety, bipolar, ADHD, hinted at BPD. But god forbid someone self diagnose with autism - probably because it’s not as glamorous as the rest.

I think she thought having Jason at home would make life so much easier and they’d be able to live her ideal life of two stay at home parents when that’s not the reality at all. Their lease is up in April and he’s on six months unpaid leave - what landlord or bank will look at them, regardless of how much she makes? Her problem doesn’t lie in how small their flat is, how untidy it gets, housework etc. Her problem lies in the fact she idealised motherhood and it isn’t how she imagined.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I’m not surprised she’s overwhelmed when she rushed into everything so fast. She was living in Dublin with her friends and a totally different person less than 3 years ago! This is July 2020 and she’s a totally different personality

Reactions: 6
I’m not surprised she’s overwhelmed when she rushed into everything so fast. She was living in Dublin with her friends and a totally different person less than 3 years ago! This is July 2020 and she’s a totally different personality
I saw this screenshot and thought 'oh wow she looks so well'... 3 years ago, that explains it

Reactions: 3
I look less haggered and I am pushing 40 with 3 under 5! Also Keelin, a vegan and thriving and had all 3 kids sucking me dry for a year a piece. Sorry I don't mean to kick a girl when she is down but, it ain't a prerequisite!

Reactions: 7
I think she pretty much trapped Jason with the baby/ engagement/ flat.
Jason is his own person tho he was an active participant in it all, he knew she wasn’t on BC, to put it all on Keelin like Jason is a helpless victim isn’t really fair. He probs thought it’d be like a quirky lil fast romance tale or something n reality hit tho

Reactions: 22
Anyone else cringe at the amount of time the girls & jenny say "dye know what i mean?" on the pod in general but ESPECIALLY the last episode

Reactions: 10
I can’t put my finger on it but something about Keelin seems emotionally stunted. Maybe it’s the way she completely rushed her relationship with Jason, impulsively moved back to Dublin, and then had a baby. All of this is just so irresponsible and throughout it all she’s been really romanticising it and never really talking about anything with some type of self-awareness, or wisdom, or introspection. When I started watching her I was 16 and she would’ve been 21 or 22 at the time. The way she expressed herself and her emotional experiences was very accessible to me and also very similar to the way I reckoned with issues (for example her breakup) when I was 16. Now that I’m turning 20 this year and work, pay rent, go to uni, have a boyfriend - I can’t help but feel like she’s really immature. Even the way she talks about the conception of her child, how it was both intentional but accidental, as if that same thing could happen to the average woman and them just be able to laugh it off; it’s all just very reminiscent of a nihilist adolescent who doesn’t understand yet that their actions do in fact have consequences. Maybe it’s cos she’s well off, I’m not sure??? Am I making sense?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I can’t put my finger on it but something about Keelin seems emotionally stunted. Maybe it’s the way she completely rushed her relationship with Jason, impulsively moved back to Dublin, and then had a baby. All of this is just so irresponsible and throughout it all she’s been really romanticising it and never really talking about anything with some type of self-awareness, or wisdom, or introspection. When I started watching her I was 16 and she would’ve been 21 or 22 at the time. The way she expressed herself and her emotional experiences was very accessible to me and also very similar to the way I reckoned with issues (for example her breakup) when I was 16. Now that I’m turning 20 this year and work, pay rent, go to uni, have a boyfriend - I can’t help but feel like she’s really immature. Even the way she talks about the conception of her child, how it was both intentional but accidental, as if that same thing could happen to the average woman and them just be able to laugh it off; it’s all just very reminiscent of a nihilist adolescent who doesn’t understand yet that their actions do in fact have consequences. Maybe it’s cos she’s well off, I’m not sure??? Am I making sense?
I totally agree with this, I think her immaturity goes hand in hand with her privilege and that’s why she’s less relatable as you get older!

Reactions: 9
I totally agree with this, I think her immaturity goes hand in hand with her privilege and that’s why she’s less relatable as you get older!
I think the reason she comes across so immature is she gets given so many breaks from others, she never shows herself doing anything difficult because she doesn’t have to, E.g never saw her flat hunting for either place in london or Dublin because she obviously got someone else to do it each time. And now she has a genius baby and a boyfriend who dotes on her…apparently…

I also think jt doesn’t help that she clearly does duck all in terms of work/content so it comes across like she doesn’t have a job

Reactions: 4
I think the reason she comes across so immature is she gets given so many breaks from others, she never shows herself doing anything difficult because she doesn’t have to, E.g never saw her flat hunting for either place in london or Dublin because she obviously got someone else to do it each time. And now she has a genius baby and a boyfriend who dotes on her…apparently…

I also think jt doesn’t help that she clearly does duck all in terms of work/content so it comes across like she doesn’t have a job
Ye exactly and she’s still whinging non stop 😂

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.