Keelin Moncrieff #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s how comfortable she is with expressing such blatant classism that gets me. Like the stigma in this country engendered around drugs is creating untold amounts of needless human misery and literal death. With a platform like hers, she could encourage and lead a breakdown of the stigma, an acknowledgement of addiction as being a mental health condition, and educate about harm reduction tools. Instead, she just chooses to mock and sneer, and treat people struggling with addiction like the underclass.

I highlighted Eimear’s use of the word “junkie” in a previous thread, relating to a previous episode. It’s been made apparent that Keelin reads her threads, I have to assume at this stage she just genuinely doesn’t care how classist she comes across. It’s definitely a conscious choice at this stage.
You wouldn't see a D4 head who has a coke addiction being called a junkie now would you!? Doesn't Keelin's mam live just off Dorset Street, I just took that from a video when she said her mum lived beside a ballet or dance shop and I looked up location. I may be very wrong on that but that is where it looked like to me. So that part of town is not a 'kip' I presume when you are privileged?

I find the term 'Junkie' to be ableist as well as classist, being an addict is rooted in mental illness issues for most part. Being homeless and being an addict are so hand in hand and intrinsically linked, you become homeless as you are an addict or you are an addict as you are homeless. And Keelin on antidepressants for PND, jeeeeez!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My question is at what point do you get so boring and run out of ideas to the extent that you have to ramble about ~junkies~ for content
---
You wouldn't see a D4 head who has a coke addiction being called a junkie now would you!? Doesn't Keelin's mam live just off Dorset Street, I just took that from a video when she said her mum lived beside a ballet or dance shop and I looked up location. I may be very wrong on that but that is where it looked like to me. So that part of town is not a 'kip' I presume when you are privileged?

I find the term 'Junkie' to be ableist as well as classist, being an addict is rooted in mental illness issues for most part. Being homeless and being an addict are so hand in hand and intrinsically linked, you become homeless as you are an addict or you are an addict as you are homeless. And Keelin on antidepressants for PND, jeeeeez!!!
do you mean keelin's mam's house? like the family house? its not near there at all, not going to dox her but its not far from howth. has she moved?

Reactions: 6
My question is at what point do you get so boring and run out of ideas to the extent that you have to ramble about ~junkies~ for content
---

do you mean keelin's mam's house? like the family house? its not near there at all, not going to dox her but its not far from howth. has she moved?
I am sure your are right, I must have misheard her. She was just saying something about her Mam living around the corner from a dance shop, but it may have been in Howth too. Will try find the video and watch again.

Just like many other influencers keelin uses charleens trauma for her own agenda. The horrible attack on Charleen had nothing to do with tattle! As I said in the Karla k thread if you put yourself out in the public eye you will receive criticism. If that’s too much for you LOG OFF. You can’t have the perks of a public life without having people comment on what you put out. Keelin, you are constantly posting the most intimate details of your life what do you expect people to do? Stroke your ego and move on? Her middle sister (Ellie? I think?) has a bit of cop on and has moved away from public life so it is possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just like many other influencers keelin uses charleens trauma for her own agenda. The horrible attack on Charleen had nothing to do with tattle! As I said in the Karla k thread if you put yourself out in the public eye you will receive criticism. If that’s too much for you LOG OFF. You can’t have the perks of a public life without having people comment on what you put out. Keelin, you are constantly posting the most intimate details of your life what do you expect people to do? Stroke your ego and move on? Her middle sister (Ellie? I think?) has a bit of cop on and has moved away from public life so it is possible.
I agree. I'm not going to go into it again since my posts got removed the other day for being irrelevant to the thread, but people comparing a gossip forum to a brutal attack on a woman is absolutely ridiculous.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Look, at the end of the day, making a conscious choice to carve a career out of “being an influencer”, they cultivate a public persona that attracts attention and admiration. By default, that public PERSONA becomes vulnerable to criticism, particularly if their actions or words are problematic or offensive as Keelin’s are. So many influencers confuse criticism of the persona with their private personalities, which the audience rarely know of or see. We can only measure influencers based on what they CHOOSE to show us. In Keelin’s case, it’s blatant classism and a fetishisation of poverty, the underclass, etc.

By perpetuating harmful stereotypes, as Keelin does, influencers run the risk of alienating their audience and therefore being called out for their problematic behaviour. For the most part, that’s what Tattle is used for. I will agree, people who use the platform to make nasty comments about a person’s appearance, size etc. are disgusting. That behaviour is unethical and frankly, vile. It says more about the users than the influencers being discussed here.

Nonetheless, choosing to “be an influencer” with a platform brings with it a responsibility to use the platform thoughtfully and with sensitivity. It's crucial to understand the power dynamics at play and ensure that your content doesn't perpetuate harmful beliefs or contribute to marginalisation. Keelin has not cared to understand those power dynamics or monitor her own content to ensure it’s free of harm.

Being an influencer, which she has chosen to do, requires a level of self-awareness and accountability that should not be taken lightly. Keelin expects to do and say all kinds of immoral tit and have nobody speak to it. For that, she deserves criticism and re-framing the violent assault of another woman to serve her own agenda just proves that she lacks the moral and ethical code that so many of us have pointed out.
---
I agree. I'm not going to go into it again since my posts got removed the other day for being irrelevant to the thread, but people comparing a gossip forum to a brutal attack on a woman is absolutely ridiculous.
Totally disagree with this. “Misogynistic trolling” is an identified, specific form of online trolling that targets women or people who identify as female. This can take many forms, such as posting degrading comments - as many of the comments posted about Keelin’s appearance in this thread have been.

Granted, the link between online trolling and violence is complex, but there is a huge amount of evidence to suggest that online harassment and abuse can contribute to real-world violence as per the attack on Charleen. Misogynistic trolling has been linked to a number of high-profile cases of violence against women, including the 2014 Isla Vista mass shooting in California, whereby the perpetrator posted a misogynistic manifesto online before carrying out his attack.

My only point in bringing any of this to light is to say that criticism of Keelin isn’t taken seriously where it’s not ethically-made. It’s the loophole that Keelin et al are able to use to negate real, valid criticism. They dismiss Tattle as being full of toxic trolls engaging in bullying behaviour. I also don’t know if many users here would be happy to think we were contributing to misogynistic anger via comments regarding Keelin’s appearance.

In the same way that her blatant classism and stigmatising of addiction is unethical and demonstrates a lack of empathy, which invalidates her discourse completely, it would be crappy for Keelin to get off scot-free from the very valid and warranted criticism she gets by being able to say these are “sadistic gossip websites”. Which is exactly what she’s doing now on her Instagram stories; she gets to dismiss it all on the basis of a small minority and continue perpetuating her harmful stereotypes, inconsequentially.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
it's a bit hypocritical how she's making herself out to be better than tattle when she had a tattle account, speaks tit about people on her social media platforms, and then says she got banned from tattle for arguing that the victim of an assault didn't deserve it. Which I think 99.9% of us here would agree with. You know joining tattle what its about and pretending you didnt know is ridiculous and I don't think you need an account to view?

Reactions: 13
The comments on her body (people saying she’s not as small as she thinks she is) are disgusting

Reactions: 3
Keelin has become so boring. She truly has nothing going on. Her life is boring and through the lens of her vlogs she makes it seem miserable. In her podcast, I would say the banter that her and Eimer have is somewhat engaging however she’s not very funny (her snob humour very seldom lands for me), nor does she have anything really interesting/intelligent to say. It’s all very vapid. I just don’t appreciate her complaining about tattle, because why would you as an influencer bring attention to ur gossip page unless you wanted to fuel it more? I genuinely had no idea what tattle was until she mentioned having a thread on her; obviously I’m going to check it out, and lo and behold there’s a bunch of a valid criticisms.

Reactions: 10
Awkward 😅😅 the passive aggression between them on public insta comments hahahh
---
As if it’s her mother’s fault there’s no more food - her sisters are grown ass adults, can they not do the grocery shopping themselves? 🙄
She’s a grown woman with a child ffs go down the shop n get yourself some food instead of ransacking your ma’s freezer

Reactions: 11
I completely appreciate her keeping her baby offline and commend her for it honestly, but why does she post the baby at all then ? It just confuses me why she’d post a picture of her baby breastfeeding and have half her face showing instead of just keeping the baby completely offline ? I think it’s a responsible decision for her daughters privacy but why not stick to your own agenda ? This may just be me but she’s obviously just posting the pictures of the baby for engagement ect. In my opinion I don’t see how scribbling over her face is respecting her privacy! Could just be me but i’m not sure about this one

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I completely appreciate her keeping her baby offline and commend her for it honestly, but why does she post the baby at all then ? It just confuses me why she’d post a picture of her baby breastfeeding and have half her face showing instead of just keeping the baby completely offline ? I think it’s a responsible decision for her daughters privacy but why not stick to your own agenda ? This may just be me but she’s obviously just posting the pictures of the baby for engagement ect. In my opinion I don’t see how scribbling over her face is respecting her privacy! Could just be me but i’m not sure about this one
Honestly, like with many things Keelin does in her life she doesn’t actually believe in what she’s doing with her baby. She has seen other people on her social media doing it so she is doing it too. It’s that simple I think. If she really cared about her babies privacy she wouldn’t post anything at all, no covered up face nothing.

Reactions: 8
bc she wants the sponsorships etc but doesnt want to post her face, she thouht she was going to be able to carve out a career as a hot mommy influencer

Reactions: 5
did keelin really get up on stage and sing with saoirse at one of her recent gigs? Anyone know if she was any good? Just seen a few pictures from the night from mutuals who went

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.