Katie snooks #5 Cheese, meat, booze and cake! Back to A&E with a tummy ache

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve followed Katie for about eight years now, and I used to LOVE her. She was easily my favourite influencer, I thought she was the bloody bees knees. She had a really great grip on being relatable but still fun to watch. But she’s totally lost that balance now. Her content and social media are her job, which means that what she’s putting out there should be for the benefit of her consumer, not for her. That also means treading the line between realism and escapism; be honest about the not so great bits of life, don’t mention at all the things you don’t want to talk about, and produce content that is engaging and enjoyable. Her random grumbles are akin to me posting on my work’s Facebook account that I’m having a bad day. No one expects her to share everything in her life online, but if what you are sharing is overwhelmingly average, people/the public/your consumer won’t be happy. It’s not personal - just be better at your job.
I think you're absolutely right.

A lot of it has to do with the blurred boundaries between work and personal life, especially with the whole 'sharing my life online is my job'. A lot of influencers have gone from pre-filmed/ sit down content to weekly vlogs, which just blurs the boundaries even more. Personally, I prefer watching actual content and planned videos rather than watching someone pottering around, telling me how busy they are yet highlighting how little they're doing. There's a lot of talk of 'creating content' but then the vlog itself seems to BE the content in most cases. I don't want to see someone going to Tesco, washing their face, cleaning their house etc. It isn't interesting or entertaining and I don't understand how this has become what people want/ what they think people want.

Sorry, that went off on a tangent 😅

ETA I think my point was that I'd rather not see all the boring day to day life shite and that planned out videos are what I'd expect from someone who treats this as their full time job. I'm not interested in the behind the scenes, sharing every little thought, whinging about things, A&E posts etc. Just decide what your brand is and create something that fits with that brand. Save the hospital checkins for your personal account if you have to share them.

Obviously that's my personal preference and it's not Katie who is guilty of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She’s kind of lost it.. like everyone is saying. And in anyone else’s world, you would move onto a different job, right?!
I don’t see a direction with her content now.

People don’t want to see influencers promoting fast fashion anymore and over consuming… and how many videos can you do on sex toys? I don’t really care about her decorating her house, there are so many other people I look at for interior stuff. And I honestly I don’t give a fck what she had for dinner.

perhaps stick to beauty? I personally don’t really care about her beauty stuff but she’s good at it and I think people do like that from her. Gives her good boundaries between work and personal life then.

Reactions: 16
She’s kind of lost it.. like everyone is saying. And in anyone else’s world, you would move onto a different job, right?!
I don’t see a direction with her content now.

People don’t want to see influencers promoting fast fashion anymore and over consuming… and how many videos can you do on sex toys? I don’t really care about her decorating her house, there are so many other people I look at for interior stuff. And I honestly I don’t give a fck what she had for dinner.

perhaps stick to beauty? I personally don’t really care about her beauty stuff but she’s good at it and I think people do like that from her. Gives her good boundaries between work and personal life then.
She could never do a proper job now. That’s the problem. She’s painted herself into a corner. She would never get on with office politics, a strict routine and not being able to show off to adoring plebs.

If I were recruiting I would never interview an influencer. They are all lazy, egocentric, snowflakes

Reactions: 15
I think you're absolutely right.

A lot of it has to do with the blurred boundaries between work and personal life, especially with the whole 'sharing my life online is my job'. A lot of influencers have gone from pre-filmed/ sit down content to weekly vlogs, which just blurs the boundaries even more. Personally, I prefer watching actual content and planned videos rather than watching someone pottering around, telling me how busy they are yet highlighting how little they're doing. There's a lot of talk of 'creating content' but then the vlog itself seems to BE the content in most cases. I don't want to see someone going to Tesco, washing their face, cleaning their house etc. It isn't interesting or entertaining and I don't understand how this has become what people want/ what they think people want.

Sorry, that went off on a tangent 😅

ETA I think my point was that I'd rather not see all the boring day to day life shite and that planned out videos are what I'd expect from someone who treats this as their full time job. I'm not interested in the behind the scenes, sharing every little thought, whinging about things, A&E posts etc. Just decide what your brand is and create something that fits with that brand. Save the hospital checkins for your personal account if you have to share them.

Obviously that's my personal preference and it's not Katie who is guilty of this.
IG stories is to blamed, it is so convenient for them to treat stories as work because there is little editing and effort going behind it compared to a video. The whole how busy we are thing has to be shelved because they used to upload 3 videos a week, 3 blog posts a week and maintain an IG account. This is not KS's issue, many of them are like that.

FFS, she needs to stop reading here if it is affecting her mental health:rolleyes: If 'someone' brought it to her attention about the things that we said here, then Kathleen needs to re-assess that 'someone's motives' - I just wouldn't do it to my friend :unsure::unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well, first of all, I can't even be bothered to take a mickey out of her Q&A yesterday. It was just a recycled "fave this, fave that in London", intersected with a few "wear an open front shirt if you feel self-conscious while on top during sex".

Second, I agree with @Tom_Nook regarding not wanting to see "backstage". I said it on many a thread here before, when the backstage of creating content is becoming influencer's main content, we have a problem. I can figure out in my head that Katie went to a shop and bought fruit and flowers and then arranged them in her kitchen to have a nice set-up for filming. I wasn't thinking for one second that angels came from the above and decorated her kitchen for her for the filming.

I used to be good friends with a medium size influencer in my home country, we are not close anymore but I still follow her because of the good old days and the memories together. She had a photo shoot for a magazine a while ago, she filmed some backstage stuff but instead of just making the whole video based on that, she used the bits when she published a video when the magazine was out. It was nice because it was her talking why she got picked for it, discussing the message behind the shoot and interview, with cutaways of locations, stylist picking her outfits, photographer taking pics. The video was a celebration of her achievement but also covering all aspects of a photo shoot for a fairly big magazine.

She also did collaborations with brands (clothes, jewellery) and when the collection was out, she did sit down videos, covering the process (like talking to a brand what they wanted to include vs what she thought should be included so it's truly her signature/favourite items of clothing, her going to brands' HQ and trying on prototypes, even mentioning how a prototype was different from the finished product, what have been changed/improved), the photo shoots backstage as well as her showing every single piece and taking about ways of styling and how she planned to wear it. She would also, during the whole campaign, do Stories where she would show herself wearing those items with things already in her wardrobe. Like, she would actually wear these items every day, to go to meetings, to go out in friends, travel etc, rather than just show in Stories for a second and never mention again.

And just going back to that video of Katie, showing the backstage of her creating the content for Loire Valley. It's not marked as AD in the video title or on the thumbnail but then she has the audacity to say in the video description bar:
Includes behind the scenes of a brand partnership - so I have to say ad.

"I have to?" But you don't actually say it. Nowhere except for that one passive aggressive line. If a video is 80% about one brand, it is a freaking AD. As a viewer, I can't make an informed decision of whether I want to see this AD, unless I start watching the video and click on description box.
Sorry, the more I am thinking about it, the angrier I get.

I think I need to go and make a cup of some calming tea.

And just going back to that video of Katie, showing the backstage of her creating the content for Loire Valley. It's not marked as AD in the video title or on the thumbnail but then she has the audacity to say in the video description bar:
Includes behind the scenes of a brand partnership - so I have to say ad.

"I have to?" But you don't actually say it. Nowhere except for that one passive aggressive line. If a video is 80% about one brand, it is a freaking AD. As a viewer, I can't make an informed decision of whether I want to see this AD, unless I start watching the video and click on description box.
Sorry, the more I am thinking about it, the angrier I get.

I think I need to go and make a cup of some calming tea.
This is why I have no qualms about reporting it when people don't disclose things properly. It isn't ethical at all. The sassy attitude some people have, or putting the 'ad' somewhere hidden away is just not on. In my job I have to abide by certain rules and regulations that I don't always agree with on a personal level. But I'm at work, so I do it because I have to. That's what's expected of me, that's what I'm paid to do.

People like Katie are happy to advertise products to people, reap the benefits of affiliate links, get sponsorships, attend events and make decent money. But when it comes to following the rules and clearly labeling things they start having an entitled attitude. If they wonder why people don't take them seriously about this being their job then maybe it's because they aren't taking it seriously either.

ETA I think I'll be having a calming tea as well 😂

• Heart
The problem I have with influencers like Katie is that they try to be experts in subjects that they know very little about. Katie has absolutely no proper knowledge of the topics she talks about (sex toys, true crime, makeup, even FODMAP). Everything is researched to the bare minimum and then she tries to flog some product as if she’s an expert on it.

Back in the day there were very few influencers/ gurus to watch so that’s why they became popular. But now anyone can get a platform on youtube/ tiktok whatever. So why would we go to watch Katie recommend sex toys when we could very easily find an expert in that area online who could give us proper recommendations (and often aren’t getting paid to do so). The same with her FODMAP journey, she half assed it and was only doing it because her mum would. She had no knowledge of it properly but documents it for her followers as if they should listen to that advice? As if! There are numerous people who are experts in the nutrition field on YouTube/ tiktok so why would someone believe a word Katie says when she knows no more than the average person.
And don’t get me started on the makeup videos. She is not good at makeup and I get that those kind of videos is where it all started for these influencers but my gosh, she does not make me want to buy any makeup with her 100 lipstick challenge or her crappy glitter makeups.

Also totally agree with the ‘backstage’ element. It is such lazy content to talk about the minutiae of your day to day as your job! As someone said earlier in the thread it’s no different to someone posting that they’re having a bad day on their works social media. It’s just unprofessional! And the worst part is that Katie is so self-involved she cannot see any of that. If she isn’t receiving adoration or ‘likes’ she assumes it’s just bitchy girls being vile to her for no reason. Wake up Katie you’re a grown woman, get with the real world please I beg you.

• Heart
Katie thinks just because she has sex and uses sex toys that she’s suddenly an expert, that’s not how it works Kathleen hun. I don’t cook a meal and suddenly become an experienced chef

Can't wait for the round up tomorrow 🤪 Meanwhile, here is a little teaser courtesy of the lanky Lannister, posted on Saturday:
Screenshot_20210717-184156.png

Screenshot_20210717-184225_compress57.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
More booze. What a surprise.

Wonder if they had a gorgeous meaty eggy brunch too?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Me checking Kathleen's Instagram at 8am on Monday hoping for a weekend roundup but forgetting one (the royal 'one', aka petite queen Kathleen) would never be up at such a time. (She and 'G' treated themselves to a gorgeouuuus lie in until 11 because they were sooo tired after a weekend of cocktails and eggs!)
its-official-i-36d6051615.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Me checking Kathleen's Instagram at 8am on Monday hoping for a weekend roundup but forgetting one (the royal 'one', aka petite queen Kathleen) would never be up at such a time. (She and 'G' treated themselves to a gorgeouuuus lie in until 11 because they were sooo tired after a weekend of cocktails and eggs!)
View attachment 669314
*lay in

Get it right 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
1A9C1AE6-816E-4B10-92CC-5410D3451065.jpeg

Omg really?!? I can’t believe it!!!!! Tell me more please.

Who films themselves doing this and posts it online?? Seriously.
This kind of stuff makes me question when she says - I don’t share everything online..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
View attachment 669435

Omg really?!? I can’t believe it!!!!! Tell me more please.

Who films themselves doing this and posts it online?? Seriously.
This kind of stuff makes me question when she says - I don’t share everything online..
Imagine how much squealing there was when she discovered it and her running to Father Geoffrey to go tell him 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.