Katie Snooks #13 for her money may be tight, but a £900 meal will make it alright

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Influencers, even the nicer ones, never seem happy with their lot and always want more. Like, if I were Katie - yeah fair enough she's not as good as other influencers. But as she said, she has a lovely house, a rich husband, she doesn't want for anything and she hardly has to work to have all that. Is that not enough? Most people would be over the moon with that tbh.

Reactions: 22
I’ve not watched the vlog as I do boycott that nonsense for my own sanity, but I will shamelessly chime in on the topic of her benchmarking herself against other influencers and apologies if I sound harsh but
- her content is shite. There’s no way to sugar coat this. She’s simply benefiting from her privilege and that’s it. She has no substance to take her content further or to innovate her brand.
- she’s thick. She’s a few elderflower cordials & Victoria sponges short of a picnic. (Her mother used to have a regular fb series update on kathleenisms) her lack of common sense & intelligence only highlights even more how she’s achieved what she has through pure serendipity and privilege only.
- she’s not a very nice person (online). To be successful in a career on a public platform you have to cater to your audience and take on feedback and criticism. All the comments I’ve seen online which don’t kiss her arse, she responds back with very bitchy and defensive comments. If she did take ownership of this maybe her content might be a tad more interesting
- she’s not good at what she does. Ok this might be my opinion but her ‘fashion’ is peculiar, she’s not relatable, she’s made her height & alcohol consumption her personality & the bottom line is she would not be doing what she does now if she wasn’t riding on the coattails of her very rich husband.

Reactions: 22
I’ve not watched the vlog as I do boycott that nonsense for my own sanity, but I will shamelessly chime in on the topic of her benchmarking herself against other influencers and apologies if I sound harsh but
- her content is shite. There’s no way to sugar coat this. She’s simply benefiting from her privilege and that’s it. She has no substance to take her content further or to innovate her brand.
- she’s thick. She’s a few elderflower cordials & Victoria sponges short of a picnic. (Her mother used to have a regular fb series update on kathleenisms) her lack of common sense & intelligence only highlights even more how she’s achieved what she has through pure serendipity and privilege only.
- she’s not a very nice person (online). To be successful in a career on a public platform you have to cater to your audience and take on feedback and criticism. All the comments I’ve seen online which don’t kiss her arse, she responds back with very bitchy and defensive comments. If she did take ownership of this maybe her content might be a tad more interesting
- she’s not good at what she does. Ok this might be my opinion but her ‘fashion’ is peculiar, she’s not relatable, she’s made her height & alcohol consumption her personality & the bottom line is she would not be doing what she does now if she wasn’t riding on the coattails of her very rich husband.
Maybe she will train to be a life coach in 2024? it seems to be what a lot of the old school influencers are doing to fill their days. They can all train, train and retrain while over charging each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Her latest reel has less than 400 likes and 12 comments to say she has 88k followers that is shocking, I wonder how many followers are bots?

Reactions: 5
I don’t really get why she made a big song and dance about getting her armpit hairs out for the Christmas party only to end up dying them anyway. Like they’re obviously going to be less noticeable when they’re bleached. I really couldn’t care less whether women have armpit hair or not but I don’t see how it can be as ‘empowering’ as she kept saying it was if you have the hairs but have made them as invisible as hair can possibly be without being removed entirely…

Reactions: 13
I feel so festive watching hungover Katie talking about how they're running out of toilet roll 🎅

I thought yesterday's vlogmas title looked familiar.

Screenshot_20231211_091252_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20231211_091246_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20231211_091239_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She doesn't do herself any favours. Reiterating that I do actually quite like her so if this bugs me it must be soo annoying to people who don't.
The phobia being she went for brunch and a boy was sick. I know she's talked about emetophobia before but objectively it is disgusting if the story is true and they gave the kid a sick bowl while everyone is eating - you don't need a phobia to just say 'we had to leave because a child was throwing up'. Also, is it 'facing your phobia' if you leave? Again not suggesting anyone should have to eat around someone being sick and I would've left too but she's not really 'faced' the phobia rather than encountered it and removed herself from the situation, to me 'facing a phobia' is deliberately encountering it and dealing with it?
Gutted the grey trousers are secondhand or something, I actually only clicked for those because I really like them

Reactions: 11
The transcript from the hangover vlog...
1702292749603.png

Why do I think these two paid jobs are the only two things she has to do work-wise this week? I imagine they're probably half-day to full-day jobbies each - that's two working days max, how is that and a couple of hours of vlog editing a day a busy week? For most people (even those in nice easy office jobs), that's just a quiet/normal week?

She keeps waffling on about it again while taking her makeup off in the evening too.
1702293143029.png

Gee, Kath. No-one made you do Vlogmas. You're not doing us a favour. It's been a pretty tit Vlogmas so far anyways.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The transcript from the hangover vlog...
View attachment 2623350
Why do I think these two paid jobs are the only two things she has to do work-wise this week? I imagine they're probably half-day to full-day jobbies each - that's two working days max, how is that and a couple of hours of vlog editing a day a busy week? For most people (even those in nice easy office jobs), that's just a quiet/normal week?

She keeps waffling on about it again while taking her makeup off in the evening too.
View attachment 2623352
Gee, Kath. No-one made you do Vlogmas. You're not doing us a favour. It's been a pretty tit Vlogmas so far anyways.
Isn't vlogmas the best time of the year ad sense wise which is why they do it?

Reactions: 3
Isn't vlogmas the best time of the year ad sense wise which is why they do it?
It is in theory, but I think she just decided to do it one day, without much prior planning or any prep. I am surprised she hasn't done a gift guide complete with thousands of aff links, but also she has shilled for Amazon sooo much this year, maybe she doesn't need the extra cash?

Reactions: 4
IMG_6278.png

Oh duck off kathleen with the woe is me/beg for a new camera post.
I would have a tiny bit of empathy for you if you didn’t have the most indulgent & extravagant lifestyle for such a mediocre content creator.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Screenshot_20231211-190500~2.png

Everything is fantastic value when it's an ad and gifted for you little Kathleen. 🫠

• Haha
Also, if it’s sooo important, get insurance? Like most responsible people would.

View attachment 2624054
Oh duck off kathleen with the woe is me/beg for a new camera post.
I would have a tiny bit of empathy for you if you didn’t have the most indulgent & extravagant lifestyle for such a mediocre content creator.
I would have thought she would have insurance? Definitely seems like the type of thing FatherGeffory would have put in place 🤷‍♀️
---
Also, if it’s sooo important, get insurance? Like most responsible people would.
Oooh snap!

Reactions: 6
Still catching up and watching yesterday's instalment of the Snooks' Circus Vlogmas 🙄 Does she realise how bad it makes her look? Why didn't she take the time to clean the whole house nicely for Joffrey, if he's really that busy? It's not like she has anything better to do besides cooking Gousto for lunch and going to pilates? I'd be mortified if I were the one working less (and mostly from home), and my partner who commutes and is having a very busy time at work, would clean the house instead of having some rest ☹
1702334112222.png

Reactions: 7
I don't watch her that much anymore, but if she really has this hooooorible emetophobia, why does she drink so much to the point that it's a big part of her persona? I ACTIVELY AVOID drinking anywhere near enough to even have the chance of being nauseous, much less waking up hungover, and I would say my emetophobia is relatively mild. Another friend of mine I've been going out with a lot recently also does this although her phobia is definitely more severe than mine.

Plus agree 100% with what someone said up thread about it being the opposite of facing a phobia if you encountered the situation accidentally and then left. Not a shameful thing to have done but it's not the clickbait implied in the title.

• Heart
'I accidentally dropped my camera and it's broke'- our aspiring author.

She must be having a laugh about not being able to afford a replacement? They piss money up the wall on everything else. If her job isn't bringing in a spare £500 to cover what's essentially an overhead cost then this shouldn't be her livelihood.

I've said it before but it annoys me that

A. Vloggers never use camera cases

B. They rush straight for a replacement instead of getting equipment repaired

Maybe she can use her kindly borrowed iPhone with its amazing camera.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.