Kate Lawler #4 Baby being a baby making her tired, time for the Night Nanny to be re-hired!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It makes me laugh that Kate was slated for her choices to apparently make her life easier (numerous bubbles, night nanny, planned section etc) and now she’s doing something which might make her life more difficult (weaning earlier that advised) she’s slated for that choice too

You can’t win on tattle 🤣
I think that’s just the point of tattle it’s lots of differing opinions discussed. It’s a site where thousands of people discuss things according to their bias so no you won’t win because no one will totally agree with everything someone does, but that isn’t just tattle that’s life.

I personally didn’t have an issue with night nanny, planned section etc but I think she seemed to struggle even with all of those things to help and this seems premature before advice and definitely doesn’t make life easier.

Reactions: 7
Weaning is an absolute faff. You’re constantly prepping food, washing up, wiping everything clean etc. And as Noa is so little, everything needs to be puréed. I waited until LO was 6 months exactly. Milk is SO easy in comparison, I miss those days 🤣 why you’d do it 2 months earlier unless medically advised is beyond me 🤷🏻‍♀️
Agreed I hated weaning, to be honest and give Kate her worth I hated all the baby stage. I think they the same. I don't particularly like babies but wanted a child. He's now about to start school and I'm loving this stage. I hated it to the point that when we talk about having another child I would prefer to adopt from around this age. I'd say it took me a good 2 1/2 years untill o felt comfortable with motherhood. Although we didn't have any help and my husband worked 12 hour days. She has an awful lot of support.

Reactions: 6
So she’s “feeling fluey” and going out and about to get blood tests with possible Covid? Well done Kate 👏

Reactions: 6
Agreed I hated weaning, to be honest and give Kate her worth I hated all the baby stage. I think they the same. I don't particularly like babies but wanted a child. He's now about to start school and I'm loving this stage. I hated it to the point that when we talk about having another child I would prefer to adopt from around this age. I'd say it took me a good 2 1/2 years untill o felt comfortable with motherhood. Although we didn't have any help and my husband worked 12 hour days. She has an awful lot of support.
Thank you for posting this. It is really reassuring. I have a 13mo, my first baby, and after having a very traumatic delivery sadly I am still not enjoying it. I have seen a clinical psychologist and neither of us think it is pnd. But I think it is just taking me a long time to come to terms with the massive change and I so hope that one day I will enjoy it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thank you for posting this. It is really reassuring. I have a 13mo, my first baby, and after having a very traumatic delivery sadly I am still not enjoying it. I have seen a clinical psychologist and neither of us think it is pnd. But I think it is just taking me a long time to come to terms with the massive change and I so hope that one day I will enjoy it xx
You will get there, my 5 year old is hilarious most of the time! Babies don't do much and toddlers are hard work!

Reactions: 5
It makes me laugh that Kate was slated for her choices to apparently make her life easier (numerous bubbles, night nanny, planned section etc) and now she’s doing something which might make her life more difficult (weaning earlier that advised) she’s slated for that choice too

You can’t win on tattle 🤣
The night nanny, planned section, those are personal choices people might not agree with, I’ve no problem with making choices where the outcome is the same.
Putting Noa in the own room is totally against all advise on safe sleeping from NHS to lullaby trust for avoiding SIDS. Weaning too early is against international WHO and NHS, unless she has been advised otherwise medically. It can lead to numerous health concerns and is frankly irresponsible.
When they say ‘you don’t get a manual’ with babies, you actually kind of do. Kate, a first time Mum who isn’t particularly maternal or in tune with her baby has gone against this conventional advice and safety guidance and decided for whatever reason she knows better. The result for Noa is potentially dangerous.

Reactions: 24
please be reassured that you will enjoy it. I was the same with my first,rubbish delivery and felt really awful afterwards but don’t think it was ptsd. Took til she was around 10-12 months to really start enjoying her. Now she’s 2.5 and I just love this age. The same with my second-she has just turned 10 months and the bond is slowly getting there,I wasn’t as worried this time round because I knew from experience that I’m just slow to get there. It’s worth it when you do get there xx

Kate is probably weaning noa early because she thinks it will make noa sleep better at night which it probably won’t. It isn’t just a little early like a week or two, noa is only what, 4.5 months? Its not even about age either it’s about signs of readiness. Can noa sit and hold her head up for long periods of time, can she actually swallow yet, can she bring her hand to her mouth.
I don’t know why influencers are always so keen to start weaning early!

Reactions: 16
Kate is probably weaning noa early because she thinks it will make noa sleep better at night which it probably won’t. It isn’t just a little early like a week or two, noa is only what, 4.5 months? Its not even about age either it’s about signs of readiness. Can noa sit and hold her head up for long periods of time, can she actually swallow yet, can she bring her hand to her mouth.
Was just going to say this. Mine didn't sleep better after weaning if anything it was worse as she got used to eating different things. Their tummies need time to get used to not just having milk. Agree it's far too early, she just seems to be trying to speed every stage up until she can send her to nursery

She opening herself up to a full other world of pain with weaning!! I’ve not come across anyone yet that has not had a period where there child hasn’t eaten or has thrown food on the floor etc I find it so stressful brace yourself Kate!!!

Reactions: 4
It’s only when kids are starting school and actual decent humans with personalities and abilities you realise, baby stage is easy when they don’t move and also pure tit lol. I didn’t have kids for my husband though, I knew I wanted them

• Haha
More freebies I imagine and to show off with what they think is an achievement. It's all about themselves and nothing to do with the poor kids X

Reactions: 2
She wasn't slated for her choices. She was slated because she was openly sharing how much she didn't want to be around her very vulnerable newborn. Those are totally valid feelings. But best to share them with your partner, dr, family etc. Not media magazines and 250k strangers online.

Reactions: 10
Weaning is an absolute faff. You’re constantly prepping food, washing up, wiping everything clean etc. And as Noa is so little, everything needs to be puréed. I waited until LO was 6 months exactly. Milk is SO easy in comparison, I miss those days 🤣 why you’d do it 2 months earlier unless medically advised is beyond me 🤷🏻‍♀️
… anything to fill her up in the hope that she sleeps more. I bet Boj did all the prep too …

That new reel on her grid ....so confusing! “Now that I’m a new Mum I worry more than ever”

But were you worried when someone else did the night shift 3 times a week for months?? She can’t now try to tell us she’s a neurotic, panicky parent when she showed the whole of Insta that she was laughing in her bed with Bojo while her baby was downstairs with someone she had paid to be there?

The internet never forgets.

Still looking for tips to get a not even 5-month old to sleep for 12 straight hours too 😂😂😂

Reactions: 9
I didn’t hate the early stage but found it all a bit unrewarding and boring. From age 2 onwards I’ve loved it with my son. Terrible 2s is nothing IMO compared to trying to psychically understand a non verbal babies needs all the time. Yeh newborns smell great and all but wait til your child can tell you they love you, or you get to watch them at sports day having fun. That’s the stuff for me, hang in there x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
People do not use flushable wipes - I repeat ! Do not use flushable wipes.

Silly Kate is going to end up with a house smelling like shite.

• Haha
please be reassured that you will enjoy it. I was the same with my first,rubbish delivery and felt really awful afterwards but don’t think it was ptsd. Took til she was around 10-12 months to really start enjoying her. Now she’s 2.5 and I just love this age. The same with my second-she has just turned 10 months and the bond is slowly getting there,I wasn’t as worried this time round because I knew from experience that I’m just slow to get there. It’s worth it when you do get there xx

Thank you so much ❤xx

Reactions: 1
I’m sorry - a 5 month old ‘trying her luck’ being up at 5:30/6:30am

just what?
Bet she just leaves her to lie there until 7 so she can say it’s 12 hours.
Was there any need to go through all the hassle getting downstairs dark for the last 15 mins of the football.
Also cringe trying to remind everyone she was in celebrity love island. 🙈

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.