Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously couldn't find a sitter so Noa's in the pub with her and we're being treated to the contents of her nappy. I hate when Instamums do that. It's not remotely funny.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I've unfollowed her for my own sanity as she makes me want to.punch my phone. What a witch.
The way she speaks to amd mocks her future MIL
Has the audacity to moan at Boj about an empty packet here and there. Er hello? HE COOKS EVERY SINGLE MEAL YOU EAT.
Blatantly loves those dogs more than her daughter who she is happy to palm off onto anyone at the earliest opportunity.
The constant shouting, the yes or no thing, the escapades in pumping.
Do us all a favour Kate, shut the duck up and hdy on with it.
Wow I didn’t know he did all the cooking. As soon as my ex went back to work when my kids were 4 weeks I did all the cooking, cleaning, tidying up

Reactions: 3
I would get the point of hiring someone to help with practical advise for new parents, especially if family aren't available to help but absolutely pointless to have someone downstairs soothing, feeding and taking care of your baby whilst you are upstairs giggling like teenagers at a sleepover, playing on Instagram.

Reactions: 16
Wow I didn’t know he did all the cooking. As soon as my ex went back to work when my kids were 4 weeks I did all the cooking, cleaning, tidying up
He did the cooking before they had a baby. We are the same- my partner does the cooking and I do the cleaning. I'm always up for the sharing out of jobs as we both live in the house and both work full time

Reactions: 10
My husband does a lot of the cookimg because he’s much better at it. I do the bulk of the rest!
Boj cooks ... what does that mean? That ,as the women she should be doing it?
We’re not in the 1950s!

He did the cooking before they had a baby. We are the same- my partner does the cooking and I do the cleaning. I'm always up for the sharing out of jobs as we both live in the house and both work full time
💯 this

Same here, much to my mother in law’s disgust.

Reactions: 6
Yep. Like the majority of us. Boj is an anomaly and Kate doesn’t seem to recognise or appreciate that. Does she do anything to help around the house? Apologies if she does but I don’t see it from SM.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
and that’s absolutely fine and logical - but she’s not working full time is she? I guess she’s doing content now which I wasn’t on mat leave

My husband does a lot of the cookimg because he’s much better at it. I do the bulk of the rest!
Boj cooks ... what does that mean? That ,as the women she should be doing it?
We’re not in the 1950s!

💯 this
no not that the woman should be doing it. When I worked we shared it 50-50.I guess their situation is different as it’s not like one of them is going out to work and the other is at home

Slightly off-topic but I bet kate's cooking is vile
_that_ is a very pertinent point

Reactions: 2
How does being in her 50s when Noa is a teen affect anything??
I’m in my early fifties and mine are in their early 20s, I honestly wouldn’t want to go through the last decade I had with them ( teens) in this decade. It may be normal, but you add in menopause and it’s another level of hell, I can only speak from personal experience of course, but my energy level, hormones, body aches are awful, never had them until I hit 50 and the peri/menopause started.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Slightly off-topic but I bet kate's cooking is vile
Does anyone remember the freezer stuff she would make when Boj was plaing footbal when they lived in their old place? I have no issue with beige freezer food, it has it's place but hers was a whole other level of ick.

and that’s absolutely fine and logical - but she’s not working full time is she? I guess she’s doing content now which I wasn’t on mat leave
Sorry but I can't help but feel this opinion His particularly old fashioned. Her not working full time doesn't mean she should automatically start doing everything, especially the jobs Boj has always done. My partner does the cooking and I'm also about to have a baby and I'm not suddenly going to make all the dinners or treat him like a second child just because I won't be going out to work for a while. I'll be doing plenty of other things! Everyone lives their lives differently but I personally don't think that both partners contributing to running the household in 2021 despite one being on maternity leave is that shocking or worthy of criticism.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Sorry but I can't help but feel this opinion His particularly old fashioned. Her not working full time doesn't mean she should automatically start doing everything, especially the jobs Boj has always done. My partner does the cooking and I'm also about to have a baby and I'm not suddenly going to make all the dinners or treat him like a second child just because I won't be going out to work for a while. I'll be doing plenty of other things! Everyone lives their lives differently but I personally don't think that both partners contributing to running the household in 2021 despite one being on maternity leave is that shocking or worthy of criticism.
I’ve agreed totally with this point further up.
It seems some on here still think they need to be the‘little women’ cooking and cleaning for a man.I’m shocked tbh.
I believe I’m a lot older than many tattlers on here and I certainly don’t adhere to this a195Os mindset.
My husband is a grown adult, I’m not his mother. He does his share.We both live in the house together!!!
He does the bulk of the cooking too! (I’m a rubbish cook)

• Heart
I’m late 30’s and had kids in our early 20’s, I do all the cooking my husband does all the cleaning. When I was on maternity leave, I did the bulk of the night shifts but got a Sunday lie in (husband had a lie in on the sat). When I went back to work FT (with 2 under 3yrs) the nightshifts were split. My friend on the other hand did everything as a SAHM as this is what she wanted to do. Both Kate and Boj seem a bit childlike considering they are in their 40’s. Kate doesn’t need to run around after Boj just like he doesn’t need to run around after her. They both however need to get a grip!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I grew up with the typical irish 50s set up. The man out at work and the matriach at home running things. I still find myself struggling with it. I find myself slipping into the guilt of not doing enough around the house, or apologising for not making dinner..but I snap myself out of that cos I have 2 kids, I work full time and im doing a degree part time. We all live here, we all need to be doing our bit.

Even when I was on maternity leave and then SAHM, I still didnt turn into a housewife because duck that! It is NOT for me and the OH can damn well do his share too.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think Kate and Boj are a good advert for the mindful birth group on how it prepared them for becoming parents when they said the other day they were completely unprepared and didn’t know how to look out for hunger cues etc. Definitely not an #ad though even though they’ve posted about them pretty much everyday this week 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sadly, in women's rights it is women who hold women back.

TBH I don't think Boj does enough. Kate has struggled so badly with adapting to having Noa that they hired a night nanny. Yeah, he cooks (Gold star for Boj) but I think that is ALL he does.

Reactions: 11
It’s really not about women vs men. As I said, it’s different as she’s working and he’s not going out to work, but I would always say if one partner is at home all day regardless of genders they should be doing the cooking. Practical if nothing else.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone remember the freezer stuff she would make when Boj was plaing footbal when they lived in their old place? I have no issue with beige freezer food, it has it's place but hers was a whole other level of ick.
Didn't see this but can imagine the scenes. She's so immature. She thinks the whole charade of grown adults behaving like overgrown, spoilt, helpless children is cute and funny. I think it's a trend that emerged with the rise of shows like the Osbournes and Kardashians. Making out she's a terrible cook to get a cheap laugh. But if that is what he actually has to live with, it's highly irritating and he must have the patience of a Saint.

It’s really not about women vs men. As I said, it’s different as she’s working and he’s not going out to work, but I would always say if one partner is at home all day regardless of genders they should be doing the cooking. Practical if nothing else.
I agree. It's not about gender. It's grown adults dividing the labour up fairly.

Sadly, in women's rights it is women who hold women back.

TBH I don't think Boj does enough. Kate has struggled so badly with adapting to having Noa that they hired a night nanny. Yeah, he cooks (Gold star for Boj) but I think that is ALL he does.
I don't know what this stuff is she spouts about taking to new challenges like a "duck to water."
She seems to struggle with basic tit and has done since before Noa was born.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.