Kate Lawler #11 Kate thinks she’s the worlds best mother, trying her best to get back on Big Brother

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly

I should have added - If you had the money!
"You can hire a doula at any level so there's a doula for everyone"- No Kate, YOU can hire a doula, not everyone.

The average person was screwed in the pandemic, my health visitor tried to give me breastfeeding support and check the latch via facetime.
She was so lucky to have the resources she did, however I fear she and/or Noa would have been at serious risk without it. RSPCA is a valid charity but she has a real platform to be able to discuss how terrible it is that struggling mums can't always access help without it coming down to money, raise money for PN mental health charities etc But as soon as she cashed in on selling her book she didn't seem to give a tit about PND support.
That’s true. People are going to foodbanks and warm-banks. When I first followed Kate she was in a wee flat and she was funny and relatable. That’s such a good point you made about which charity she chose. Did she ever say what the osteo said? She’s been promising her followers a giveaway of a cybex pram, car seat and lots of other things she said she was lucky enough to be gifted, lots of it unused

Reactions: 9
That’s true. People are going to foodbanks and warm-banks. When I first followed Kate she was in a wee flat and she was funny and relatable. That’s such a good point you made about which charity she chose. Did she ever say what the osteo said? She’s been promising her followers a giveaway of a cybex pram, car seat and lots of other things she said she was lucky enough to be gifted, lots of it unused
What's a warm bank?

Reactions: 1
Doulas will work with you to find a payment plan you can afford, whether that’s having a student doula or taking payment across a few months or discounting their services. When I worked as a midwife I met lots of doulas who worked with vulnerable women, it’s not just expensive central London doulas

Reactions: 4
In her latest stories, how were they able to have a doula at home because she states no friends or family were able to because it was lockdown? Genuine question.
She says there was no friends or family, and at the time she never showed any, but she posted a video a while ago (maybe for noas 1st birthday) or it could have been Karen. And there was every member of her family holding noa when she was tiny. So she obvs did see them more than she made out.

Reactions: 3
I had a baby the same time as Kate. We were allowed to bubble with anyone that could help with childcare. If she wanted her Mum/sister etc etc there they could have been. I mean by that time most people were just using their common sense. I just asked them to test before coming to see us. Maybe I was in the minority but no way could I have afforded a doula so I just needed my families support as a first time Mum 😬

I get/hot the impression her family werent actually offering that much support? Or maybe she wanted more/something different from what they were giving.

Doulas will work with you to find a payment plan you can afford, whether that’s having a student doula or taking payment across a few months or discounting their services. When I worked as a midwife I met lots of doulas who worked with vulnerable women, it’s not just expensive central London doulas
This. My cousin is a community doula, she doesn’t charge and LOVES babies.

This. My cousin is a community doula, she doesn’t charge and LOVES babies.
I think there’s a grey area of being wealthy enough to not be considered vulnerable or require reduced rate support but not wealthy enough to afford the often expensive rates. Personally I considered a doula for feeding support. Technically ‘affordable’ but couldn’t warrant spending the £ when there was ‘free’ help out there so persevered. (In hindsight I should have paid)

I thought her tribute to the Queen was one of the more tasteful ones I saw. Didn’t give a load of spiel about some time she met her or made out like #1 fan. She obviously knows how to be respectful and use the right words at times. Shame she doesn’t apply it more often.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I think there’s a grey area of being wealthy enough to not be considered vulnerable or require reduced rate support but not wealthy enough to afford the often expensive rates. Personally I considered a doula for feeding support. Technically ‘affordable’ but couldn’t warrant spending the £ when there was ‘free’ help out there so persevered. (In hindsight I should have paid)

I thought her tribute to the Queen was one of the more tasteful ones I saw. Didn’t give a load of spiel about some time she met her or made out like #1 fan. She obviously knows how to be respectful and use the right words at times. Shame she doesn’t apply it more often.
I thought her post about the Queen was very nice too. It wasn't overly gushy and was respectful.

Reactions: 5
I'm not a kid fan unless they are my own kids and grandkids, but honestly Noa melts my heart. She is adorable.

Let’s be honest here, Kate and Boj didn’t hire a doula for support, they hired her to look after Noa through the night so they could sleep aka dick about on their phones until the early hours. Kate didn’t want a child, Boj clearly pressured her into it (and I’m not at all sticking up for Kate here). She got pregnant on whim the first time they decided to try which shocked them (she doesn’t realise how bleeping lucky she was to get pregnant like that at 40). They both quickly realised it’s hard work so got the doula in. Ffs what is wrong with just looking after your own kid that you CHOSE to bring in to this world.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Let’s be honest here, Kate and Boj didn’t hire a doula for support, they hired her to look after Noa through the night so they could sleep aka dick about on their phones until the early hours. Kate didn’t want a child, Boj clearly pressured her into it (and I’m not at all sticking up for Kate here). She got pregnant on whim the first time they decided to try which shocked them (she doesn’t realise how bleeping lucky she was to get pregnant like that at 40). They both quickly realised it’s hard work so got the doula in. Ffs what is wrong with just looking after your own kid that you CHOSE to bring in to this world.
That was the thing that irked- she'd be finding it hilarious posting stories of them not sleeping whilst saying they got a doula so they could sleep. They both looked like a pair of prats.

Oh she can’t sing so maybe not on The Masked. I think having a mental health break/adult holiday/break from parenting.

Be caning the booze and even more out of shape to run this marathon.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.