Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope he recovers too, then he can make a full apology to the family of Mo Mowlam, the MP who got the Good Friday Agreement over the line and sadly died of a brain tumour. Never forget that when Derek was a 'Labour Blogger' he enjoyed smearing Conservative MPs including her. Get well soon Derek, it's not very nice to be ill is it ... ask Mo. Karma is a witch ain't it.
Um, she was Labour.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wonder if they’ll broadcast GMB live from his funeral?

They did that on This Morning when Denise Robertson died so ITV have previous in this weird/exploitative/invasive area.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
All considerably richer than Kate though tbf. Look at jade goody, she did everything publicly for the cash to leave to her boys. People and their circumstances are all different.

Doesn't mean she has the right to sell her husbands dignity, without his permission, just to pay the bills. Do what the rest of us would do - get a second job or cut back the lifestyle. There's people out there relying on foodbanks who would not stoop to this level of selling off their loved ones pride and dignity

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I wonder if they’ll broadcast GMB live from his funeral?

They did that on This Morning when Denise Robertson died so ITV have previous in this weird/exploitative/invasive area.
I didn’t know she had died. I must have missed that. Mind you, I’m usually at work when This Morning is on. Also, has Derek actually died? Surely I would have had a BBC News alert on my phone if he had?

Reactions: 1
If he does die, sadly it’s going to be wall to wall coverage of every aspect of the funeral with the excuse she’s saving for the kids’ future or has loads of debts. The coverage won’t stop. There will be a second book out within six months.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
If he does die, sadly it’s going to be wall to wall coverage of every aspect of the funeral with the excuse she’s saving for the kids’ future or has loads of debts. The coverage won’t stop. There will be a second book out within six months.
I try not to be too judgemental when talking about Kate as what they’re going through as a family must be hell, but I don’t think Derek is fully able to consent to any of the media stuff he’s been made to do and that’s why it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It reminds me of Katie Price and Harvey actually. Exploiting him for her own gain.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I try not to be too judgemental when talking about Kate as what they’re going through as a family must be hell, but I don’t think Derek is fully able to consent to any of the media stuff he’s been made to do and that’s why it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It reminds me of Katie Price and Harvey actually. Exploiting him for her own gain.
This is where I’m with it all too. I like her, in the early days I said I thought she was doing the documentary etc so money was coming in (although when they went to the panto and the paps happened to be there, that kind of put that to bed for me).

One of the big things that draw people to Tattle is people who exploit their kids/vulnerable people by plastering them everywhere when they can’t give consent, and that’s what this feels like. The trailer for the last documentary when he was being helped out of bed was too much for me and I couldn’t see any reason for that being broadcast.

They’ve been through a lot though and I wonder how much quality of life Derek has had over the last almost 2 1/2 years.

• Sad
If he’s as poorly as is reported, the endless opportunities for financial gain will come to an end. It’s an awful situation for her and her family , it cannot be easy. But many families face the same struggles and don’t have the platform that Kate does and don’t make money from showcasing the pain of their loved ones. It doesn’t sit well with me at all.

• Sad
Netflix baby!

Reactions: 3
If he’s as poorly as is reported, the endless opportunities for financial gain will come to an end. It’s an awful situation for her and her family , it cannot be easy. But many families face the same struggles and don’t have the platform that Kate does and don’t make money from showcasing the pain of their loved ones. It doesn’t sit well with me at all.
Absolutely. She has much more than most of us ordinary folk. I would never want my OT to go through what Derek is going through, but it's crossed a line for me, like some freak show with Derek getting wheeled out for all to see. Treat him with some respect ffs. Nobody, least of all her children and Derek's family, need to see that

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.