Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I feel for her, her husband and the kids especially.
but bloody hell not a day goes by when she doesn’t put a price tag on his dignity and self respect.

this isn’t raising awareness, this is rubbernecking a man who’s been left a shell of his former self with 24/7 care to perform his most basic tasks.

she needs to stop putting all of this online when he’s living it daily.
am I being too judgemental here.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 111

FrostyChops

VIP Member
I just see a woman doing what she needs to do to survive. He isn't ever going to be able to give his consent by the sounds of it. I am sure he would want her to do what she has to do to keep her family together.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

AlanBanan

VIP Member
i think the constant interviews and stories she’s selling about derek and his life after hospital and covid is off putting and it seems she’s kind of profiting from this. She’s not giving him the dignity and peace he deserves after being hospitalised for over a year and has become severely disabled due to COVID complications.

Reactions: 43

Milliemoo99

VIP Member
Im not sure! It isnt that dignified for Derek I agree, but...

To some extent she is using this to pay for the refurb of their house, and to enable the 24/7 care he needs to be paid for, and making sure her bills are paid and her kids are looked after. It must be better for him to be at home, with support than in a hospital bed in the NHS.

And Covid is a topical issue.

And as a media personality, she is probably being asked how he is by everyone...all the time....so is telling everyone the story on her terms.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
Yes, I am. I urge you to look up the New World Order/Great Reset and think about all of the things that have happened over the last two years and how the mainstream media have struck false fear in to people. Hospitals have been found to have lied about the causes of death of people they allege died of "covid". They change legislation regarding how many people are needed to sign the certificate at this time. I recommend the Reset Refusal Group on Facebook and Save Our Rights groups. I have been to marches and rallies and been with NHS staff who admit it is all lies and that the "vaccine" is dangerous. X
Fuck me what an absolute load of bullshit. No disrespect to you if you believe in all that bollocks but it’s in the same category as suggesting the world is flat.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

I don't have a problem with the book. Derek isn't earning, his 24/7 care will cost a fortune and with less money coming in, to live the same standard of life they would have to cut back.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

murphmc

A £2,000 000 gagging order has been placed on the NHS. I have heard from relatives of people who have died with cancer who have had "COVID" put on their death certificates. It is sick and disgusting. Look up the Save Our Rights connection of groups.
shut up

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I couldn’t even imagine having a father that has gone from taking care of you, to being the one who needs constant attending to and care, with little to no privacy or dignity.

and seeing it all play out on mail online etc daily, with your mum posing for photos each time, It must be hell.

• Sad
Reactions: 29

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I can understand she needs the money,
but it’s the way it’s being done, yet another daily Mail article day after day, warts and all, her kids are at an age where they know everything that’s going on, as do their friends, and it’s all so.... dramatic.
the tears, the details, there could be a middle ground that’s not so

gutter media cash grab.

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
You aren’t serious are you?
Yes, I am. I urge you to look up the New World Order/Great Reset and think about all of the things that have happened over the last two years and how the mainstream media have struck false fear in to people. Hospitals have been found to have lied about the causes of death of people they allege died of "covid". They change legislation regarding how many people are needed to sign the certificate at this time. I recommend the Reset Refusal Group on Facebook and Save Our Rights groups. I have been to marches and rallies and been with NHS staff who admit it is all lies and that the "vaccine" is dangerous. X

• Haha

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
For all the cash she makes being on TV, it pissed me off what a scruffy tip her home is. FFS surely she can hire a cleaner a few hours a day, a couple of days a week.
Also, I don’t doubt that she does help care for him, but she has 24 hour help. She still manages to work and attend events. Most people in this position can’t hold a job down as they are doing all of this themselves. A carer she is not.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
I get the argument that they need money to refurb the house and pay for his care, and that they have been without his wage for a year/Kate has been working less.

HOWEVER some of the things that she has put out there have been too much and too personal in my opinion. Do we need to know his last texts? Do we need to see him lying vulnerable in hospital bed weeping?

Yes you need to do what you need to do to survive but at the price of your loved ones dignity? No thank you. I would be absolutely mortified if I were in Dereks position.

Reactions: 28

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
They’ve just shown a clip on GMB, the poor man is in a t-shirt and underwear and they’ve pixelated out his bottom half 😔 (he’s standing up from a bed). I and millions of others have experience of caring for a loved one and those who haven’t could probably imagine what it’s like. This makes me feel really, really uneasy. Kate, even if you were on the bones of your arse money-wise, surely there’s another way?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 28

YoungHollywood

VIP Member
Who did the interview with her?

I read a little while ago that she had been given access to dealing with his company, so that probably would indicate that she does now have power of attorney,
It was with Zoe Ball.
Just seems so abusive if I’m honest, not meaning to sound over the top. But Derek clearly has no idea what’s going on, meanwhile she is sharing every intimate detail (some of which is total bullshit; no one remembers word for word what was said New Years Eve 2019 like she is selling) and very vulnerable photos..doesn’t sit right at all. It’s a silly comparison in terms of celebrity scale, but look at Michael Schumacher. Life changing injury, media absolutely desperate for updates but his wife and family have created a ring of steel around him to protect him. Imagine the “income” they have lost out on and how much money they could make from selling him out, but they have taken the proper, dignified route for him. Garraway should take note.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

FakeSmile

VIP Member
“I’m very protective of people seeing him vulnerable” says Kate about Derek in her new documentary. Oh the irony.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Rahrah

All considerably richer than Kate though tbf. Look at jade goody, she did everything publicly for the cash to leave to her boys. People and their circumstances are all different.
But Jade had full autonomy. Derek doesn’t, he is being exploited, it’s obvious he can’t give full consent. I get that she needs to keep the money coming in for the family, but this is not the moral way. He would be humiliated to know that millions of strangers have seen him at his worst and most vulnerable.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

ranchdistressing

I caught about two minutes of her phone-in today, and it was an excellent cure for the will to live.

Her reaction when they spoke about Carer's Assessments was hysterical. She hasn't got a fuckin' clue about life for unpaid carers (or paid ones for that matter)! She was clearly just there to line her pockets and pad her and Derek's nest out a bit more by hawking her book. (Someone's gotta pay for those 24/7 carers!)

There is no way she's doing hands on care with him when she's still able to hold down several jobs/do appearances AND write two books. As an unpaid family carer, who would love to be a writer, I can tell you the only thing I find time to write is angry letters to so-called professionals, trying to help get my relative/s access what little support/services are out there. You're lucky to get an unbroken nights sleep, nevermind be up at the arse-crack of dawn to get your grifting ass on the tellybox. I cannot fuckin' stand this woman! False as the day is long!

And this "Carer's Leave Bill" is a fuckin' joke. Five days of unpaid leave? Anyone can take unpaid leave! So what? It means you won't lose your job, but you'll have to try and find a way to survive without a day's wage. It's an empty gesture and nothing better. Her demanding to meet with the health secretary is a joke too. She's not going to give an accurate portrayal of anything from way up in her ivory tower.

The tagline of her book is "embracing an uncertain future with resilience and optimism"....Yeah, I'm sure all those people out there doing 35+ hours a week care for less than £2 an hour are really able to be positive about the future. And having a big fat bank balance will do wonders for your resilience too, I'm sure.

Give the air time to real carers who need to be heard, not some old hag using her sick husband as a cash cow.

Last edited:
  • Heart

ccccc

Chatty Member
Look at the Peaky Blinder’s Aunt Polly, who just passed away. Such dignity. She fought her battle and kept it all very private. Very classy and British. Look at Prince Phillip too. It’s a very private thing. I believe things such as illness and dying, only loved ones should be as witness, not the internet and social media. Especially when you are posting the ins and outs of someone else, your child or husband, you are taking away their right to dignity and privacy.

• Heart

mixusmaxus

Unpopular opinion but personally I think she just really really likes the attention and doesn’t give two ticks about Derek or raising awareness or money or whatever other justification she’s implied. I think she’s transparent and tasteless. Her profile has gone from average day time tv presenter to getting her own documentaries and awards. She’s not going to let that go without a fight. She thinks she’s found her calling in her poor husbands misery and I think he’s too weak and tired to defend himself. That’s what SHE should have been doing- protecting HIM. Instead she wheels him out like a freak show for everyone to gawp at. She’s vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 25