Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let’s face it, she’s only getting these opportunities because of Derek’s illness and how it seemingly thrust her further into the spotlight. There’s no way that she would have even been a contender for the Life Stories job or got her own weekend show had it never happened.

Reactions: 17
She’s definitely the golden girl at ITV . She gets in where a draught couldn’t. I wonder who is giving her all of these opportunities, perhaps they have other intentions in mind. I’ll leave that one there …
It’s funny because when they rebranded morning TV and it became GMB she only had @ very, very minor role. Then it emerged that her ex husband was quite key behind the scenes and all of a sudden she was a main presenter again….

Reactions: 7
It’s funny because when they rebranded morning TV and it became GMB she only had @ very, very minor role. Then it emerged that her ex husband was quite key behind the scenes and all of a sudden she was a main presenter again….
Who's her ex husband?

Turned the tv over the other day and there she was on a gardening show! I turned straight back over 🤣She must say yes to anything she can get.

• Wow
Turned the tv over the other day and there she was on a gardening show! I turned straight back over 🤣She must say yes to anything she can get.
Yeah she was on Alan Titchmarsh's vehicle, no doubt flogging something or crying about poor Derek. Then later in the week she was on TV again talking about the garden 'she' made for Derek, Yeah whatever love. Cannot WAIT for this c0w to get off tv.

Reactions: 11
I thought the same . Her garden was lovely though, looked to be in order, unlike the chaos in her house.

Reactions: 3
Unpopular opinion but personally I think she just really really likes the attention and doesn’t give two ticks about Derek or raising awareness or money or whatever other justification she’s implied. I think she’s transparent and tasteless. Her profile has gone from average day time tv presenter to getting her own documentaries and awards. She’s not going to let that go without a fight. She thinks she’s found her calling in her poor husbands misery and I think he’s too weak and tired to defend himself. That’s what SHE should have been doing- protecting HIM. Instead she wheels him out like a freak show for everyone to gawp at. She’s vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Unpopular opinion but personally I think she just really really likes the attention and doesn’t give two ticks about Derek or raising awareness or money or whatever other justification she’s implied.
She's pretty much like most 'presenters' or low-end 'celebs' then? Look at 'Judge' Rinder and Amanda Holden jumping on the Ukranian Crisis, who takes a camera team or contacts the tabloids to do that? They have the view that actually having a real job, with real people, is beneath them. They need constant validation for their existence via media exposure and 'awards' or faux distress for humanitarian crises. Well-adjusted people without narcissitic personality traits just get on with their jobs, or volunteer efforts, without the need for 'thanks' or 'awards', (for a fraction of the pay too). Have you ever felt the need to walk up a red-carpet and have your photo taken? Or appear in Hello Magazine? I'd be embarrassed.

I agree with you about Kate but let's be clear, she isn't alone in courting the press for her own emotional short-comings. The big I problem I have with these people is that they have a platform and set an example in how to live for a certain demographic of society. I wouldn't go as far as to describe Kate as 'vile' but using a chronically ill relative to heighten your media profile is sicker than Derek is.

Last edited:
It might sound horrible but she reminds me of Brooke Kinsella, whose career was waning before her brother died (and is now basically a professional mourner).

Reactions: 9
Good news Kate will front 'Garraway’s Good Stuff', a new weekend show coming to the ITV this Spring.

Garraway’s Good Stuff is described as "a new lifestyle magazine show for Saturday mornings" which will see Kate "joined by friends and celebrities as she starts the weekend in style." "Kate and co will give viewers the best start to their weekend, with topics including the latest health and wellbeing tips and what to cook for your Saturday night TV dinner." Read: "Steph's Packed Lunch" only more tit (if that's even possible).

Can't bleeping WAIT. Presumably Derek will have to fend for himself at home.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
“Garraway’s Good Stuff” is an atrocious title for a TV programme like this.

“Garraway’s Good Stuff” is an atrocious title for a TV programme like this.
She probably came up with the title herself. "Garraway's money-grabbing generic inane weekend tv vehicle" doesn't quite roll-off the tongue in the same way.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She probably came up with the title herself. "Garraway's money-grabbing generic inane weekend tv vehicle" doesn't quite roll-off the tongue in the same way.
I much prefer “Garraway‘s Guaranteed Way of Shoe Horning a Mention of the Already Exploited Derek into Another Show“

But it might be a bit too long for the TV guide.

• Haha
Shes on a medical programme now, narrating.
She pronounces tissue as 'tisss- you
Irritating. Hate that.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She's had to wind-up Derek's business with debts of almost 200k. Naturally she has to announce it to the tabloid media and milk it for all it's worth. She's 'deeply saddened'. Ok thanks Kate, do keep us up to date with your life, we're all hanging on your every word.

• Wow
She's had to wind-up Derek's business with debts of almost 200k. Naturally she has to announce it to the tabloid media and milk it for all it's worth. She's 'deeply saddened'. Ok thanks Kate, do keep us up to date with your life, we're all hanging on your every word.
I bet the people that are owed money are deeply saddened too!

Reactions: 9
Where's the money gone from it? How has the company gone from a million pound year to a negative £200,000 bank balance, if he's not been working, and it's basically a small consultancy, the money to pay the taxes should all still be there in the bank account? With a one man or small consultancy there is no excuse, you leave the money for upcoming VAT or other taxes in the company account and don't touch it. So what has drained the company bank account and in fact overdrawn it, has she just declared a ton of dividends and gone too far? Not sure the tax man will take that lying down, whatever the circumstances.

Reactions: 5
Where's the money gone from it? How has the company gone from a million pound year to a negative £200,000 bank balance, if he's not been working, and it's basically a small consultancy, the money to pay the taxes should all still be there in the bank account? With a one man or small consultancy there is no excuse, you leave the money for upcoming VAT or other taxes in the company account and don't touch it. So what has drained the company bank account and in fact overdrawn it, has she just declared a ton of dividends and gone too far? Not sure the tax man will take that lying down, whatever the circumstances.

yup, show us the receipts Kate, somethings not right

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.