Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We can’t all know peoples financial obligations, they have gone down to one salary-which for most people would be devastating. However, her not being able to sort things out with insurance and other things because they are in Dereks name is rubbish, they are married, one of the benefits of that is that when things happen it is a lot easier to sort out these things, or if he is so incapable get power of attorney. I have a family member whose wife has had to take all this stuff on and none of it was a particular problem. Getting power of attorney may mean she has to admit he is in no fit state to give permission for all this, and would, possibly mean her documenting his illness for profit would have to end as she would have to really justify what everyone is thinking-he is not capable of giving permission. ITV have a duty of care as well, they are obviously not bothered ether.

Reactions: 7
We can’t all know peoples financial obligations, they have gone down to one salary-which for most people would be devastating. However, her not being able to sort things out with insurance and other things because they are in Dereks name is rubbish, they are married, one of the benefits of that is that when things happen it is a lot easier to sort out these things, or if he is so incapable get power of attorney. I have a family member whose wife has had to take all this stuff on and none of it was a particular problem. Getting power of attorney may mean she has to admit he is in no fit state to give permission for all this, and would, possibly mean her documenting his illness for profit would have to end as she would have to really justify what everyone is thinking-he is not capable of giving permission. ITV have a duty of care as well, they are obviously not bothered ether.
Why wouldn’t you have both names on an insurance document?

Reactions: 3
I get the impression they don't have a lot of money ... remember when their car was stolen, and she was offered a loan car by Peugeot (who'd read that she'd been borrowing friends' cars at that stage [a good few months after it had been stolen])? It seemed quite odd to me (and a lot of commenters on various articles) that she didn't just take the insurance money and buy another one (not necessarily new). Apparently the stolen car was in Derek's name so she couldn't go down the insurance route, but you'd think on her salary she could still buy (or at least finance or lease) another one.

Her house is also in a real state ... she just strikes me as a person who's all over the place, doesn't know where anything is or how to find it, and extremely disorganised.

I just located a few articles where she's spoken of things being in a mess due to it all being in Derek's name - meaning she can't get access to it - but that in itself seems a bit odd. There just seem to be a few things that don't add up. She's probably doing all these shows because she desperately needs the money.
But why doesn’t she have the money? She’s on what 100k plus a year and has been for say 15 years +, plus derek had a successful career so you’d expect he would have some money out by so why can’t she afford a car (you can get a cheap run around for a few hundred £) plenty of people in this country live on a lot less than she’s got and have to manage.

I’m sorry I am really struggling to feel sorry for her.

Reactions: 17
But why doesn’t she have the money? She’s on what 100k plus a year and has been for say 15 years +, plus derek had a successful career so you’d expect he would have some money out by so why can’t she afford a car (you can get a cheap run around for a few hundred £) plenty of people in this country live on a lot less than she’s got and have to manage.

I’m sorry I am really struggling to feel sorry for her.
Indeed ... who really knows what the situation is I had the same thoughts about a car - just get something - anything - to go from A to B; it doesn't need to be fancy. The whole situation seems strange to me.

Something in the Mail today about his psychotherapy business going bust. I didn’t read it. How is that news? He was the only person practicising wasn’t he? I thought she had cleared out his office a little while ago.

Reactions: 2
Who gives a duck about Kate Garraway’s DNA?
Oh god. Please go away Kate. PLEASE. At least Fiona Phillips had the good grace to become a virtual recluse. I respect her for that. I fear we're going to have to suffer Kate for another 10 years. :(

Reactions: 8
Who gives a duck about Kate Garraway’s DNA?
I’m surprised it’s not called “Kate Garraway’s husband Derek’s DNA”

If there’s something of his that she can exploit she’d be guaranteed to do it.

Reactions: 8
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but whenever I hear of Derek Draper - memories are jogged about his involvement in a pathetic smear campaign that he was involved in. I think Damien McBride was the main culprit, but they were both exposed - when they were plotting to spread false rumours about the wives of politicians.
It was very unpleasant - and worth a Google if you are unaware of the details (it was around 13 years ago).

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but whenever I hear of Derek Draper - memories are jogged about his involvement in a pathetic smear campaign that he was involved in. I think Damien McBride was the main culprit, but they were both exposed - when they were plotting to spread false rumours about the wives of politicians.
It was very unpleasant - and worth a Google if you are unaware of the details (it was around 13 years ago).
Wasn't he a 'spin doctor' in the Tony Blair Labour era?

Wasn’t it in the Gordon Brown era? I thought thry were smearing Mo Mowlan . I could be wrong and getting mixed up,

Wasn’t it in the Gordon Brown era? I thought thry were smearing Mo Mowlan . I could be wrong and getting mixed up,
It was around the time of Gordon Brown. I think there were a few people they were smearing against - tories, but they may have had an axe to grind against Mo Mowlam. Damien O Brien had to stand down a from his Labour spin doctor role, and I think Draper gave up his Labour blog.

One of the smears was about David Cameron having an incurable STD (herpes?) and they tried to put rumours out that George Osborne’’ wife was mentally unstable. They also cooked up an idea that there were photos of George Osborne “blacked Up” and some sexual slurs against Nadine Dorries.
You don’t have to be fans of any of these politicians, but why make up stories about their personal lives / their wives etc - and cooking up false rumours of racism?
I am sorry to hear of anyone suffering with / after covid - but his actions in trying to stir up rumours like that are pathetic.

Wasn't he a 'spin doctor' in the Tony Blair Labour era?
Damien O Brien was the spin doctor, with Draper running a pro Labour blog.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I empathise with her situation, but she is lucky to still have her husband. Many lost loved ones. She now has too much exposure and people are sick of her.

Reactions: 10
Derek has been politically active for years and years. One of his first jobs was as Peter Mandelson‘s aide.
most of the gossip is over at the political website order-order.com.
if you search on his name there’s loads of stuff going back years, including about Kate.
since his illness I think the blogs stopped writing about him.
one of the last posts was about their lack of finance.

FWIW I like Derek. he‘s achieved a lot for someone with his background. He‘s very smart. He’s also one of the few people I’ve met who really didn’t seem to give a tit about what people thought about him.

Derek has been politically active for years and years. One of his first jobs was as Peter Mandelson‘s aide.
most of the gossip is over at the political website order-order.com.
if you search on his name there’s loads of stuff going back years, including about Kate.
since his illness I think the blogs stopped writing about him.
one of the last posts was about their lack of finance.

FWIW I like Derek. he‘s achieved a lot for someone with his background. He‘s very smart. He’s also one of the few people I’ve met who really didn’t seem to give a tit about what people thought about him.
archives here https://order-order.com/people/derek-draper/

She’s definitely the golden girl at ITV . She gets in where a draught couldn’t. I wonder who is giving her all of these opportunities, perhaps they have other intentions in mind. I’ll leave that one there …

Reactions: 6
The more she works, the less time she spends at home. I get why work could be a saving grace for her but it must be tough for the kids too so you’d think it would be easier to do stuff when they’re at school

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.