Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't even have a telly and I'm sick of her horse face šŸ“
One of the radio channels I sometimes listen to has her as a presenter šŸ¤¬
Thank god I've never tuned in when she's on. I'm scared to go to the Bog incase I find her sitting there šŸ˜°šŸ˜¬

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The whole think is suspect if you ask me, firstly she says 'they don't know how covid affects the brain' since when has it ever been reported anywhere that covid gives people brain injuries, secondly, she says to the woman near the beginning with a poorly husband ' you don't need to panic about bills', so how much is your ITV contract?? Also why doesn't she get someone to shave him regularly, smarten him up a bit, he's still human, & why does the son not have his toys in his bedroom, ok a few toys downstairs, but there were loads.....also now she's saying covid caused vascular dementia, really???
Personally I think she should put him in a home, it's all very well caring for him at home but it's too much for her, she even said it's overwhelming.
I do smell covid bullshit though.šŸ’©šŸ’©
There's lots of research into COVID and brain injuries https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01693-6

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This kind of thing annoys me. The tweet theyā€™re referring to has been deleted but if it read as theyā€™re saying it did, then why call the poster a troll? How is passing a polite comment containing an opinion trolling? Itā€™s no wonder everyone with threads here say theyā€™re being trolled if the media are contributing to that narrative!

Kate doesnā€™t appear to have a problem with it:

Reactions: 2
I used to work in care, and worked with a man in his 40s who had been paralysed from the neck down in an accident. His wife was hugely pro-active in terms of getting help/support as she was from the legal profession, but caring for him and the family broke her just as much as the accident broke him. They had nearly full time care from people coming in and out but that was never simple as they'd send people who didn't know how to use the equipment etc. He died from pneumonia (aspirated food when he was eating one day) and she died 6 months later from a massive stroke, a shell of who she used to be.
I am heartily sick to the back teeth of Kate and her "woe is me" stories. Derek has a brain injury so how the duck can he consent to this circus around him..... I didn't watch the program as I'd have got too angry.

Reactions: 21
I used to work in care, and worked with a man in his 40s who had been paralysed from the neck down in an accident. His wife was hugely pro-active in terms of getting help/support as she was from the legal profession, but caring for him and the family broke her just as much as the accident broke him. They had nearly full time care from people coming in and out but that was never simple as they'd send people who didn't know how to use the equipment etc. He died from pneumonia (aspirated food when he was eating one day) and she died 6 months later from a massive stroke, a shell of who she used to be.
I am heartily sick to the back teeth of Kate and her "woe is me" stories. Derek has a brain injury so how the duck can he consent to this circus around him..... I didn't watch the program as I'd have got too angry.
You would've been horrified if you had watched it. I saw it the other evening. Derek was literally shown struggling to get up from his bed, in his underwear. Then she was telling us (and showing) how his bed sheets need to be washed 7 times a day. Just far too much info that did not need to be broadcast. I think she could still raise awareness of the case and the importance of carers, etc without having to sacrifice Derek's dignity.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
You would've been horrified if you had watched it. I saw it the other evening. Derek was literally shown struggling to get up from his bed, in his underwear. Then she was telling us (and showing) how his bed sheets need to be washed 7 times a day. Just far too much info that did not need to be broadcast. I think she could still raise awareness of the case and the importance of carers, etc without having to sacrifice Derek's dignity.
Thatā€™s what I struggle with - we can imagine what itā€™s like. I can see no good reason for talking about the sheets or filming him in his underwear - we get it, lots of us have been carers.

Was Derekā€™s sister involved in this episode? I thought it was quite telling that nobody from his family had commented (that I know of, I could have missed it) or been involved but Iā€™m sure I heard Kate say the other morning something about her.

Reactions: 7
There's lots of research into COVID and brain injuries https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01693-6
If you actually read the article(not assuming you havenā€™t) away down near the bottom itā€™s basically stated that itā€™s not just covid this happens with, basically any infection can cause changes to brain cells.

Which might possibly back up what I was saying in an earlier post that I donā€™t think Covid is entirely to blame for how he is. He looked dreadful in Australia and I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he picked something up there or already had early stages of Dementia working on him. Itā€™s the constant ā€œCovid, Covid, Covidā€ chat that gets annoying after a while.

Reactions: 10
Thatā€™s what I struggle with - we can imagine what itā€™s like. I can see no good reason for talking about the sheets or filming him in his underwear - we get it, lots of us have been carers.

Was Derekā€™s sister involved in this episode? I thought it was quite telling that nobody from his family had commented (that I know of, I could have missed it) or been involved but Iā€™m sure I heard Kate say the other morning something about her.
Yes Di I think her name was. She said she stays over sometimes and sleeps in Billy's room.

That really is too much information.

Reactions: 6
She's doing something on BBC 2, I saw a trailer for it. Where does she find the time? What with all that 'caring' she does.

Reactions: 9
Just watched the tv show she made about derek.
My partner first thing he said was, ā€˜why the duck is she showing her house when itā€™s such a mess?ā€™
She really needs a cleaner because the thought of derek living in that filth is disgusting
Even Ben shepherd picked up a bin bag and started throwing things away.
Is she a hoarder?

• Wow
Sadly, Kate is unrelenting in her ā€˜woe is meā€™ mentality. It has stopped being about Derek from the start. Considering his high profile pre-Covid, this is just so sad to see how she parades him around for her own benefit. She just goes onā€¦..and onā€¦ā€¦and onā€¦ā€¦ A lot of people who had empathy for her in the beginning, have now been turned off by her literally bombarding everyone with second by second updates.

My partner first thing he said was, ā€˜why the duck is she showing her house when itā€™s such a mess?ā€™
She really needs a cleaner because the thought of derek living in that filth is disgusting
Is she a hoarder?
I havenā€™t watched it but maybe it was to set the scene and garner more sympathy. Poor kids though; dad very poorly, constantly being filmed and having to live in filth

Reactions: 8
I havenā€™t watched it but maybe it was to set the scene and garner more sympathy. Poor kids though; dad very poorly, constantly being filmed and having to live in filth
I think sheā€™s always been like that. I saw a clip of her talking about the first time Ben Shepherd (?) got in her car and there was half eaten sandwiches and stacks of rubbish šŸ¤¢

• Sick
Is she a hoarder?
It looked like a normal family home to mešŸ˜•

Reactions: 5
Is she a hoarder?
Youā€™d think that as he has a weak immune system the house would be spotless. I appreciate she wonā€™t have time to do with working, looking after the kids and Derek but she should defo get a cleaner.

Reactions: 1
I think she is chaotic in her whole life and this shows especially in her home. I remember even prior to Dereks illness her home was lived in ( she was on some other documentary) She needs a good sort out but I guess it isnā€™t high on her list of priorities. There didnā€™t seem to be an area that wasnā€™t full of clutter , must be difficult to find a spot to even have a brew in relative clam.

I think she is chaotic in her whole life
She is. I'd love to know what her relationship is/was like with her Mother and Father. Something has always been 'off' with Garraway imo. I think she may have ADD or something like that. Certainly when watching her interview someone she loses focus very quickly to what is being said and constantly interrupts.

There are many people in Kate and Derek's position and I honestly think she is doing this for them too, by speaking out she is highlighting the struggles of so many carers and their loved ones and the constant battle and multitude of hoops they have to jump through daily.
Kate is well aware that she is in a unique position. She will, I feel become a crusader for carers, especially if Derek's health improves.

I havenā€™t watched part two. Did she talk about the expense of carers and how they fund them? I remember she was shown in the first one on the phone to Elton John. I wonder if heā€™s helped them out financially.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.