Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not her fault I suppose, but Kate is only good at powder puff stuff about boybands and girlbands, which is fine. But having her interview politicians along with Ben Sheppard is disasterous television. The whole format of the morning show on ITV is flawed to hell ... is it light ent? Or is it serious? Either way it's crap and Garraway is the worst of the worst when it comes to interviewing people who have an IQ level above her own (which is most people). Hope Derek gets well soon and gets her to retire, or at least just stick to the radio ... what's that like btw? I've never listened, I don't think I am the demographic they are aiming at. LOL.

Reactions: 9
I’m surprised they didn’t give Life Stories to Susanna Reid - who in my opinion is at least 10 times more insufferable than Kate Garraway. SR is the highest paid women on TV but only does a max 4 days on GMB (happy to be corrected if she does other stuff for ITV).

I do like Kate and was rooting for her not to go down the road of selling their situation out. Unless she ever speaks about why she’s doing it then we’ll never know for sure but as I said last week, it’s hard to think what would be a good reason for what does look like milking it.

Reactions: 6
Showbiz darling! SHOWBIZ! Makes yer sick doesn't it.

The people who should be awarded an MBE are the men and women who cared for Derek in ICU, who worked nightshifts for pittance in the NHS.

Look, maybe Kate gives a lot of money to charity, I don't know. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now. But we know how the wheels are greased when it comes to getting an 'Honour' in the New Years list .... their 'people' talk to 'their people' and a deal gets done. It's all pretty sinister and grim imo. As an aside, clearly David Beckham's people didn't do a very good job greasing the wheels. :p
depends if Victoria gets back with the Spice Girls

Reactions: 1
“I’m very protective of people seeing him vulnerable” says Kate about Derek in her new documentary. Oh the irony.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
They’ve just shown a clip on GMB, the poor man is in a t-shirt and underwear and they’ve pixelated out his bottom half 😔 (he’s standing up from a bed). I and millions of others have experience of caring for a loved one and those who haven’t could probably imagine what it’s like. This makes me feel really, really uneasy. Kate, even if you were on the bones of your arse money-wise, surely there’s another way?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
I’ve been trying to comment on his stories on the DM for about a year but they never print it. In my opinion I don’t think Covid is entirely to blame for how he is.

If you look back at pictures of him with Kate in Australia in the November he looks really unwell. I think he has had something working on him, he gets Covid and as his immune system is already fighting something he gets as ill as he does.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Until people stop watching the itv shows ("caring for Derek" on tonight) he's going to keep getting paraded about.

She's been praised so much that she can't stop with the Circus. Most probably still think she's doing the right thing.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
There is a new article in the DM, with Kate talking about helping Derek's carers every day. This really is too much information, just stop already.
Incidently I have never been a fan of Piers Morgan, but I wish they hadn't replaced him with Kate Garraway on "Life Stories."

Reactions: 13
There can be no other reason for her to publicly detail every part of his illness/recovery except money.

Reactions: 13
I’ve been trying to comment on his stories on the DM for about a year but they never print it. In my opinion I don’t think Covid is entirely to blame for how he is.

If you look back at pictures of him with Kate in Australia in the November he looks really unwell. I think he has had something working on him, he gets Covid and as his immune system is already fighting something he gets as ill as he does.
I read something about his brain scans showing things they’d expect to see with someone with vascular dementia. I guess the question is, was that there, unnoticed, before he had covid, or caused by the covid.

Reactions: 10
Heard her on LBC this morning on about it/him then I log on to the DM and she's talking about washing his sheets 7 times a day, FFS give the man some bleeping dignity!

Also why did they replace PM with her on Life stories? personally she bores me to death.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Heard her on LBC this morning on about it/him then I log on to the DM and she's talking about washing his sheets 7 times a day, FFS give the man some bleeping dignity!

Also why did they replace PM with her on Life stories? personally she bores me to death.
That’s what I was saying the other day - as much as I can’t stand Susanna Reid, for financial reasons I thought she would get it so she doesn’t get paid £1.1 million a year to eyefuck herself a few mornings a week.

I wonder if it was a deal they struck with Kate - we’ll give you Life Stories as long as you allow us to make X amount of documentaries?

I’ve said it before,
his dignity is a thing of the past at this point, but could you imagine seeing your father’s bodily functions and accidents detailed to the public the way his life has been.

She is very protective of his people seeing him vulnerable,
In so much as she wants the monopoly when it comes to cashing in on it.

Kate Garraway and ITV,
working together to squeeze every last drop of petrol out of the covid sympathy train for maximum profit.
Vile woman, the kids deserve better.

Reactions: 22
I think Kate has the sympathy vote at ITV and they are trying to put work her way to keep the money coming in. The cost of the care must be very high and I guess she is funding it all so needs as much work as possible. He could live for a very long time needing round the clock care. It must be extremely challenging no one is denying that, there’s just something about a show for a dime I don’t like.

I’ve said it before,
his dignity is a thing of the past at this point, but could you imagine seeing your father’s bodily functions and accidents detailed to the public the way his life has been.

She is very protective of his people seeing him vulnerable,
In so much as she wants the monopoly when it comes to cashing in on it.

Kate Garraway and ITV,
working together to squeeze every last drop of petrol out of the covid sympathy train for maximum profit.
Vile woman, the kids deserve better.
Harsh but so very true.

Yeah, I cut Kate some slack before and I like her, but this is all way too much and has gone way beyond raising awareness and is simply pimping out her very sick husband who surely cannot consent to any of this?

Reactions: 14
I think Kate has the sympathy vote at ITV and they are trying to put work her way to keep the money coming in. The cost of the care must be very high and I guess she is funding it all so needs as much work as possible. He could live for a very long time needing round the clock care. It must be extremely challenging no one is denying that, there’s just something about a show for a dime I don’t like.

Harsh but so very true.
She said something about flying him to Mexico for treatment for Long COVID and she said she was very fortunate because her job allowed her to make the documentary, and that’s how this Doctor found out about him). I wonder if they had to pay or if the trip was funded for publicity.

I was reading the comments on her IG grid post and someone said that Long COVID causes small clots on the brain that appear similar to Alzheimer’s.

Reactions: 4
I liked her on I'm A Celeb but i think this has gone too far now with showcasing Derek's health problems over and over. I don't think there's any benefit in the public seeing this, it isn't "raising awareness" as far as I can see. I would have more respect if she quietly got on with things, it feels like she is milking it. Presumably they have plenty of money to pay for carers.

Reactions: 3
She said something about flying him to Mexico for treatment for Long COVID and she said she was very fortunate because her job allowed her to make the documentary, and that’s how this Doctor found out about him). I wonder if they had to pay or if the trip was funded for publicity.

I was reading the comments on her IG grid post and someone said that Long COVID causes small clots on the brain that appear similar to Alzheimer’s.
I hadn’t read that about the clots , it’s a sad situation no denying that. I guess it will never be made public how it is funded but I’m not sure what benefit there is to the viewing public to see the story. If she wasn’t ‘famous’ as it were, it wouldn’t be happening. On the other hand she needs the income for his care, I absolutely get that. I think ITV have an interest and want to support her but how far does it go. She’s churned out a lot in a short space of time, where does it go next.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.