Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t mind Kate. But I loath her putting her poor, I’ll husband in the limelight like she has. A close family member was in a coma a few years ago with something that is similar to Covid, and they would have been so upset if we had behaved like this. It is so hard as a family anyway, as well as the on-going health problems, and inviting strangers in would have made it a hundred times worse. I would also argue that he did not give permission for his private medical information to be in the national press. Though, it might be that they need the money if he is not earning-the PIP and carers allowance would not cover a persons salary and all financial obligations still need to be met.

Reactions: 8
Pretty sure he would have got PIP as soon as he got home. The adaptions could have been paid for is they had no or little savings.

Reactions: 6
Many people have lost their income during Covid, whether because of contracting the illness or because of their employment. Not all have the opportunity to earn cash through going on reality shows or being in the newspapers. I would have more sympathy if she wasn’t milking her husband’s situation for all it is worth. She cares not a jot about his dignity. If they cannot now afford the lifestyle they once had, they could do what thousands of others have done, downsize. I am living on the state pension and my daughter is employed as a carer on the living wage. Kate’s newspaper appearances will probably give her money equal to a year of our income. I’m not complaiming, we live a happy simple life. However, it does make me less sympathetic to those like Kate Garroway. She should get in her car and travel round the city a bit, see how others have to survive in a situation where someone in the household is ill and cannot work.
Spot on.

Reactions: 9
MBE 😒

There goes any chance of her disappearing from TV any time soon. 🙄

Reactions: 13
I cringed so much that I was swallowed by my chair.

“I struggle with Smith” - no you don’t, hen!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Blimey , what a jerk. Sounds like something Middle Aged Minx, BBC Radio London presenter would do. She has form for laziness in pronouncing guest’s names too. @VeeJayBee

• Haha
Reactions: 3
According to the DM, there is going to be another documentary called, "Caring for Derek". I wonder how Derek feels about having his private life, splashed across numerous television screens?
I have empathy for their situation, but enough is enough. Like I said in a previous post, let him continue his recovery with some dignity, and in private.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
According to the DM, there is going to be another documentary called, "Caring for Derek". I wonder how Derek feels about having his private life, splashed across numerous television screens?
I have empathy for their situation, but enough is enough. Like I said in a previous post, let him continue his recovery with some dignity, and in private.
Seen that advertised on itv today. In my opinion it's a bit much now. Yes it's horrible what happened to them but let him recover in private without the cameras and all the attention. I'm sure there's other families going through the same. Don't see programs been made about them

I think Derek would support this.
Please tell us how you know this. Have you asked him?!

Just seen the trailer for her show, disgusting! She says “I’m very protective over people seeing how vulnerable he is”🤣🤣 pull the other one! So protective that you have done endless tv segments, newspaper columns, a book and now a bloody tv show! I hope she has at least kept the kids out of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Just seen the trailer for her show, disgusting! She says “I’m very protective over people seeing how vulnerable he is”🤣🤣 pull the other one! So protective that you have done endless tv segments, newspaper columns, a book and now a bloody tv show! I hope she has at least kept the kids out of it.
And he looks so vulnerable 😔. It’s such an awful situation and I kind of stuck up for her before but the pantomime trip and now this second documentary…it’s hard to see a positive reason for doing these things.

She's a bloody disgrace. Can't bear her faux innocence. YOU DO NOT GET IN TOO TV AND STAY THERE BY BEING A NICE PERSON. pushy, manipulative and money grabbing.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
And it’s always her talking about him, isn’t it? Please correct me if I’m wrong but I never seen any of his family or friends speaking out about him, how he is etc - were any of them in the first documentary? Their silence seems to suggest they appreciate the need for showing him respect and dignity by not talking about a very vulnerable person.
Just looked in to this second documentary further and seen these pictures (I have coloured faces out) - how is this ok?! Also see her kids ARE in it. Unbelievable.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Another documentary coming out soon !!!!! money grabbing loud voiced bint.....

• Heart
It’s too much, but I guess that’s her only means of paying for 24hr care. It’s all too much and too constant.

Reactions: 2
She probably feels like she needs to milk this for all it’s worth. As people start to move on from the pandemic there won’t be as much interest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.