Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kate Garraway receives MBE for sitting on a sofa reading an autocue for money. Big round of applause please. Fully deserved.

Are you f*cking KIDDING ME?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Repulsive the way she has exploited her husbands illness, there is no way he could have consented to any of the photos or details which she has supplied to the press.

How does she get an award for invading his privacy???

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Repulsive the way she has exploited her husbands illness, there is no way he could have consented to any of the photos or details which she has supplied to the press.

How does she get an award for invading his privacy???
Showbiz darling! SHOWBIZ! Makes yer sick doesn't it.

The people who should be awarded an MBE are the men and women who cared for Derek in ICU, who worked nightshifts for pittance in the NHS.

Look, maybe Kate gives a lot of money to charity, I don't know. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now. But we know how the wheels are greased when it comes to getting an 'Honour' in the New Years list .... their 'people' talk to 'their people' and a deal gets done. It's all pretty sinister and grim imo. As an aside, clearly David Beckham's people didn't do a very good job greasing the wheels. :p

Reactions: 16
Absolute disgrace tbh. Surprised they didn’t give Beckham his yet in order to complete the total and absolute devaluation of the honours system.

Reactions: 11
Absolute disgrace tbh. Surprised they didn’t give Beckham his yet in order to complete the total and absolute devaluation of the honours system.
Makes you wonder what bad tit he's done to be unable to recieve one of these "hounours". The requirement for one is being sleazy, slimey, corrupt and an all round useless ball bag.

Reactions: 6
Without her husbands illness , Kate would never get anywhere near an award for journalism or anything else.

Reactions: 16
I think the fact she is a regular tv host, radio presenter, appears on reality television shows, has written books, pops up as “exclusive” trash tabloid fodder etc etc means we can very much speculate that her “personal circumstances” mean she is very well off. Not sure what the car she drives has to do with it.
People may claim on here they know Derek and all is fine but have they asked him since he became ill, have they even seen him?! Also, the children deserve total privacy..they are not old enough to understand consent of these photos, stories etc and that’s if she even bothers to ask them.
The whole situation really makes me so uncomfortable.
The reason I mention the car is because people who fritter their money away etc tend to have better cars than the one she had.

Reactions: 2
Without her husbands illness , Kate would never get anywhere near an award for journalism or anything else.
thats correct. The award is for the work she has done around COVID.

Makes you wonder what bad tit he's done to be unable to recieve one of these "hounours". The requirement for one is being sleazy, slimey, corrupt and an all round useless ball bag.
Tax evasion. He’s been on a naughty list.
It’s understood he will receive an honour in the next round having sorted it out.

Reactions: 5
Ah this makes me sad to read this. I really like Kate and think she has dealt amazingly with the card she has been dealt.

Reactions: 2
What a sad world we live in where exploiting your horrifically poorly husband during a pandemic is considered work
I'll have to politely agree to disagree with you.

The "work" she has done has raised the profile of carers and people who are living with long COVID. She has made a lot of people aware of the lottery of COVID and how it could affect you or you family.

She's also living through a nightmare in the public eye.
I'm not going to point a finger at her for what she has done, but instead look at the good she has managed to achieve and hope that being recognised for speaking out gives her some comfort.

Many ordinary people cope with awful personal situations by trying to make something good - campaigning, writing books, setting up charities and trusts etc.. It could be said that they are exploiting tragic situations and members of their families too.

Reactions: 3
I'll have to politely agree to disagree with you.

The "work" she has done has raised the profile of carers and people who are living with long COVID. She has made a lot of people aware of the lottery of COVID and how it could affect you or you family.

She's also living through a nightmare in the public eye.I'm not going to point a finger at her for what she has done, but instead look at the good she has managed to achieve and hope that being recognised for speaking out gives her some comfort.

Many ordinary people cope with awful personal situations by trying to make something good - campaigning, writing books, setting up charities and trusts etc.. It could be said that they are exploiting tragic situations and members of their families too.
It’s interesting to hear another point of view and I agree to a certain extent. However this issue with me lies around consent. Many of the things that Kate has done/discussions had/photos shared, would have been when Derek was unable to give his consent to do so. If I was in his position I know that I’d be mortified for so much of my deeply personal information to be shared and for people to see me so vulnerable in photos. I’d have a lot more respect for her raising awareness etc if she had waited until her husband was able to agree.

Reactions: 9
As always, everyone entitled to their view. What I am wary of is the speed she managed to write a book about her husbands ill health and get it published and then quickly after it, the documentary came. She is in the ‘fortunate’ position to be in the public eye and have a platform to receive financial backing for a book and TV a documentary. By all means write the book to document your experience but when it was published he wasn’t out of the woods. It felt a bit like his whole medical history was being sold to the highest bidder. There’s no dignity in that.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s interesting to hear another point of view and I agree to a certain extent. However this issue with me lies around consent. Many of the things that Kate has done/discussions had/photos shared, would have been when Derek was unable to give his consent to do so. If I was in his position I know that I’d be mortified for so much of my deeply personal information to be shared and for people to see me so vulnerable in photos. I’d have a lot more respect for her raising awareness etc if she had waited until her husband was able to agree.
I think Kate is in the best position to know what Derek would consent to. My point of view is only based on the Derek I knew rather than any inside knowledge.
I know that everyone has their own opinion on how much they personally would want to share. For me, if it meant ensuring people understoood the seriousness of this disease and making some money to pay for my care and my families needs I know my husband would know I’d be happy for him to do this.

Reactions: 1
Can I just say, it's good to see a healthy debate / discussion about Kate. We all have our opinion and we all respect each others views. So rare. Can we give each other a big round of applause for begging to differ.

When I read opposing opinions to my own regarding Kate I soften. But I can't get over the fact that she has based her television career on basically nothing; wearing a pretty dress, showing-off her t1ts and talking about boybands isn't really a 'career' is it. Then her husband gets seriously ill and like a vulture she (or her agent, her agent I suspect), suggests a book, tv show, about it.

As the previous poster said: "undignified".

Reactions: 11
Can I just say, it's good to see a healthy debate / discussion about Kate. We all have our opinion and we all respect each others views. So rare. Can we give each other a big round of applause for begging to differ.

When I read opposing opinions to my own regarding Kate I soften. But I can't get over the fact that she has based her television career on basically nothing; wearing a pretty dress, showing-off her t1ts and talking about boybands isn't really a 'career' is it. Then her husband gets seriously ill and like a vulture she (or her agent, her agent I suspect), suggests a book, tv show, about it.

As the previous poster said: "undignified".

You are seriously suggesting that her career as a TV journalist is based on her 'showing off her tits'? Just wow. She has nice tits, why shouldn't she dress to accentuate them? We're not the United Arab Emirates. She has done years of training and has a very credible career. And GMB is hardly Newsnight so there are always fluffy articles about boybands etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
She has done years of training
Where? She's got a BA in English from Bath, but as far as I know she's never trained as a journalist.

I hate to pull rank, but I did my NCTJ exams and studied shorthand (and failed). I am more of a journalist than she is.

All Kate does is sit on a sofa, read an autocue, talk about boybands, and exploit her sick husband for cash.

Surely you can accept that point of view. Which is factual. Apols for the comments about her breasts, maybe I shouldn't have said that and been so crass.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My concern comes from having worked in care for years. There are so many protocols in place protecting the privacy of vulnerable patients.

Just imagine the uproar if one of his carers had gone to the press and divulged his medical details. Being his wife doesn't make it OK.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Kate Garraway receives MBE for sitting on a sofa reading an autocue for money. Big round of applause please. Fully deserved.

Are you f*cking KIDDING ME?
Whilst talking over everyone..grrrrr

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.