Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They may be desperate for money but her behaviour still raises a lot of flags for me.
There is NO WAY they can be desperate for money, unless they have been living beyond their means and have been frittering away money. If that is the case, sorry, I have very little sympathy for any financial woes they may or may not have.

Reactions: 5
There is NO WAY they can be desperate for money, unless they have been living beyond their means and have been frittering away money. If that is the case, sorry, I have very little sympathy for any financial woes they may or may not have.
How would you know their personal circumstances ?
just because someone’s a celebrity doesn’t mean they are loaded. Nor that they’ve lived beyond their means or “frittered” money away.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Maybe they need extra money to keep the house they’re in? He was self-employed I think, if they don’t own it outright then maybe they are struggling?

I kind of hope in a way it is money they need. With the exception of Charlotte Hawkins, none of the ‘main’ GMB presenters were on for a couple of weeks before Christmas which I assumed was to do with the rising number of cases (around that same time I read an article that GMB were going to be on this week but pulled it for that reason). Then Kate was on Thursday and Friday last week, so if the schools are off and you didn’t have to work, I’m not sure why she was there instead of staying in as much as possible?

I obviously don’t know the ins and outs of her contracts but I think she’s missed a lot of time on Smooth radio too, so if she’s only being paid per show, then maybe they do need the money 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Yes Derek was a psychotherapist after retraining. He won’t work again.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Many people have lost their income during Covid, whether because of contracting the illness or because of their employment. Not all have the opportunity to earn cash through going on reality shows or being in the newspapers. I would have more sympathy if she wasn’t milking her husband’s situation for all it is worth. She cares not a jot about his dignity. If they cannot now afford the lifestyle they once had, they could do what thousands of others have done, downsize. I am living on the state pension and my daughter is employed as a carer on the living wage. Kate’s newspaper appearances will probably give her money equal to a year of our income. I’m not complaiming, we live a happy simple life. However, it does make me less sympathetic to those like Kate Garroway. She should get in her car and travel round the city a bit, see how others have to survive in a situation where someone in the household is ill and cannot work.

Reactions: 13
I calulate, according to what I know about the industry that Kate earns around £96,000 per month (gross). That would be around £72,000 after taxes and agency fees. They live in a fairly modest house in a fairly modest street. I'd say she has quite a few pennies in her pocket.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Personally, I think greed has gotten the better of her. She was just a humble newsreader before, but now the door of opportunities has opened up and she’s a top billing act. That must do wonders for her confidence and ego. It’s just sad that her husband has to pay the ultimate price for it. It must be hell for him :(

Reactions: 14
I calulate, according to what I know about the industry that Kate earns around £96,000 per month (gross). That would be around £72,000 after taxes and agency fees. They live in a fairly modest house in a fairly modest street. I'd say she has quite a few pennies in her pocket.
Exactly, we are living on under £20K per annum.
Wonder how much she’s paid for pictures?
the pantomime one in the Mail was an exclusive, so I would think a lot of dosh.

How would you know their personal circumstances ?
just because someone’s a celebrity doesn’t mean they are loaded. Nor that they’ve lived beyond their means or “frittered” money away.
The car Kate Garraway had till recently suggests they are very much not frittering their money away, pretty sure it was a 12-14 year old family car. Not like they are driving Range Rovers and sports cars.

Reactions: 3
I think the fact she is a regular tv host, radio presenter, appears on reality television shows, has written books, pops up as “exclusive” trash tabloid fodder etc etc means we can very much speculate that her “personal circumstances” mean she is very well off. Not sure what the car she drives has to do with it.
People may claim on here they know Derek and all is fine but have they asked him since he became ill, have they even seen him?! Also, the children deserve total privacy..they are not old enough to understand consent of these photos, stories etc and that’s if she even bothers to ask them.
The whole situation really makes me so uncomfortable.

Does anyone actually know what Derek's illness is and how covid caused it? And does Denise Welch still have a job on Loose women? Surely not with her being a covid denier and their new leading lady being Kate?

Reactions: 2
Does anyone actually know what Derek's illness is and how covid caused it? And does Denise Welch still have a job on Loose women? Surely not with her being a covid denier and their new leading lady being Kate?
Dereks illness wasn’t caused by COVID it was COVID.
there’s lots of info online but he is is the worst affected individual alive in the UK.
It basically attacked his body causing multiple issues including kidney failure, diabetes, damage to his liver and pancreas and heart failure. He has holes in his lungs following bacterial pneumonia.
he won’t make a full recovery according to doctors.

• Sad
  • Wow
I think the fact she is a regular tv host, radio presenter, appears on reality television shows, has written books, pops up as “exclusive” trash tabloid fodder etc etc means we can very much speculate that her “personal circumstances” mean she is very well off. Not sure what the car she drives has to do with it.
People may claim on here they know Derek and all is fine but have they asked him since he became ill, have they even seen him?! Also, the children deserve total privacy..they are not old enough to understand consent of these photos, stories etc and that’s if she even bothers to ask them.
The whole situation really makes me so uncomfortable.
She's well off by normal people standards but not by TV presenters standards. She's not exactly Holly Willoughby or someone. All her jobs are on the lower end of the scale for TV presenters imo, at least until she took over Morgan's Life Stories

She won't be hurting for money but she probably thinks it's easy money to share a picture or two. But yeah I agree Derek has really become her cash cow. Would she have got the Life Stories gig without it? Doubt it

Reactions: 12
Dereks illness wasn’t caused by COVID it was COVID.
there’s lots of info online but he is is the worst affected individual alive in the UK.
It basically attacked his body causing multiple issues including kidney failure, diabetes, damage to his liver and pancreas and heart failure. He has holes in his lungs following bacterial pneumonia.
he won’t make a full recovery according to doctors.
Bloody hell, poor guy.

Strange that she would take him to a public event when covid is still circulating and that’s what got him in the first place. Seems ironic to me . Surely he is still able to catch the new strain of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Covid must remain quite a threat to him but I imagine his kids are at school & Kates out working, he’s at risk of exposure every day.. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Poor guy, isn’t it weird how badly it hits some people. No reason why he, as a seemingly healthy middle aged person was destroyed by covid. When I know plenty of people his age who had mild symptoms (pre-vaccine). Same with that poor fella in the US who had a tiny baby son 💔 and I’m sure thousands of non famous people. It’s such a random illness.

Reactions: 4
Strange that she would take him to a public event when covid is still circulating and that’s what got him in the first place. Seems ironic to me . Surely he is still able to catch the new strain of it.
Are there any pics of him at the event? Maybe he just did the pap pic then went home

Reactions: 2
Talentless. I pity any woman who decides to dedicate their career talking about boybands. That's fine I suppose. But I draw the line at a woman who makes money out of their seriously ill partner. For me that's beyond the pale. I find it disgusting.

Image1.jpg

Reactions: 16
What gets me are the people that say oh well they have less of an income now, maybe they’re short of money. I’m not being funny but there are far more ethical ways of getting more money than selling your husband and his trauma - and your children and their trauma - to the highest bidder.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.