Kat Farmer - DMBL40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The text sounds like Kat’s voice. I bet she wrote that herself. 🙄
Definitely, she always raves about the fish & chips, and has made comments about how they’ve not done much with the garden! She totally will have written that and just sent it to them to publish!

Reactions: 5
I am sure she said there was money for a deposit, perhaps there is a mortgage too and the rental will help towards that.

Reactions: 1
Her husband earns a very large salary, they’re extremely ‘comfortable’. Her main house is also huge, like properly enormous, it will be worth millions.

Reactions: 2
She’s obviously a very savvy woman, and to be honest if I was in her position and had a network to tap into to promote my holiday home, I probably would.

I get the impression that her intellect is wasted as a ‘SAHM’. However, it’s hard for both of you to be high flying and have a family so I guess Kat’s career took a back seat and she’d channeled her entrepreneurial spirit through social media 🤷‍♀️ (bankrolled by the husband obvs)

Reactions: 9
Her main house is worth about 1.5m.
She isn't as rich as many, many people in her home town. Hence not choosing private schools, but going for the new cars and handbags.
A lot of people around here have it all, seriously.

Reactions: 3
She isn't as rich as many, many people in her home town. Hence not choosing private schools, but going for the new cars and handbags.
How do you know the reasons she doesn't choose private schools? Not everyone wants to send their kids to private school, for many reasons. "She isn't as rich as many", you sound like a frightful snob.🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Her autistic son is at private son - she did a long IGTV on it - smaller class sizes being more suited to his needs etc. She lives in a grammar school area and her other children attend them so why pay for private education if there is no need to. I wouldn’t if there where excellent selective schools in my area.

Reactions: 8
She was very open on a previous forum (many years ago) that one of the reasons they moved out of London was to avoid paying for private education if they didn't need to.

Can’t blame her for that. School fees are expensive. House prices for areas with excellent schools usually cancel out any savings anyway. But at least at the end you still have your house!

It’s worth way more than that (more like £2m) plus has a second property now worth close to £1m. Not a bad property portfolio.

Reactions: 5
It’s worth way more than that (more like £2m) plus has a second property now worth close to £1m. Not a bad property portfolio.
her neighbours have been on for £1.795 for months and months. Now under offer I wouldn't mind better for significantly under asking.

Hmm

Reactions: 1
They’ve doubled the size of that house. The build and refurb was £££ but in general, adding square footage is cheaper than buying it. They got the house for a comparable bargain as it was pokey and dated. It’s also on a bit of an iffy bend, iirc.

I don’t think the poster was being a snob. She was just pointing out that Kat’s house isn’t the biggest, poshest, most expensive house in the area and she is pretty averagely off for the local area. Their income is high but not enough to service private fees (plus extras) for 3 children on top of the lifestyle they lead. It wasn’t a criticism, it was an observation. Private fees for a day school are around £15k per year, per child, not including extras like trips, meals, uniform, exam fees etc. So more likely £50k per year on school fees for 3.

As other posters have pointed out, it is really common for London commuter parents with high salaries to move into well-to-do areas with the grammar school system in order to avoid private fees for multiple children.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.