Kat Farmer - DMBL40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She definitely reads here (as do Gleam). They all do.
She is just far savvier and smarter than most of the vapid influencer bunch.
Anoyone else clocked the total style change recently?
Gone are the endless maxi dress/skirt costumes, in with skinnies/leggings/jeans/jumper dresses..... after pointed comments on here

• Wow
Reactions: 2
i think she has gone back to her old style. The dresses and maxi skirt style was so narrow, I suspect she woke up one morning and was over it. And the millions of twins wearing the same thing. Plus, I think the catwalk is over it. The change is must be related to the pandemic, lockdown and how everything has changed this year. It's certainly changed the way I dress.

I didn't mind some of the bags she was showing from Topshop and the jumper dress

Reactions: 1
Her old style was very polished.

I just skipped through a white shirt that didn’t fit, a circa ‘89 jumper dress that didn’t fit with tights and long boots (or was it an oversized jumper and leggings?) and a ruffled jumper my mother would been all over in the late 70s.

Her old style was very polished.

I just skipped through a white shirt that didn’t fit, a circa ‘89 jumper dress that didn’t fit with tights and long boots (or was it an oversized jumper and leggings?) and a ruffled jumper my mother would been all over in the late 70s.
She’s too old for topshop, anyone over 25 shouldn’t be dressing in that stuff. She’s only wearing it as she’s paid to. As if she’d wear it if she wasn’t being paid. She should stick to the white company.

It does look like she’s gone back to her early dmbl40 days. If you look back to the early days of her blog the style was very similar. I do miss the maxi dresses and skirts. Even if I wouldn’t wear them I thought they suited and showed her personality. Whereas a jumper dress from top shop isn’t very inspiring.

Reactions: 2
I agree that Kat isn’t a great fit for Top Shop.

I have just the odd item from Top Shop and the quality is fine for the price and a tiny bit of fun fast fashion lifts the ‘better’ items in my wardrobe. She isn’t pulling off top to toe fast fashion.

Kat pulls rank about Top Shop boots in the comments on the grid post and I don’t agree Top Shop footwear is top quality. (Sounds like it’s a contract she is working hard to retain.)

Reactions: 3
She can do rock chic and little house on the prairie.

That's rare in my book.

Top Shop was always very fashionable but the quality a little bit tit. However you got what you paid for as it was inexpensive. I used to love it.
More recently I’ve been shopping there with my 16 year old. It’s still the same though less edgy than it was and the prices are way above its station. While a 40+ year old back then wouldn’t have usually touched Top Shop, these days there are pieces, if you are still lucky enough to have your figure that are fine for the more mature buyer. The prices though, for TOP SHOP, just no!

Reactions: 4
She’s too old for topshop, anyone over 25 shouldn’t be dressing in that stuff. She’s only wearing it as she’s paid to. As if she’d wear it if she wasn’t being paid. She should stick to the white company.
I don’t agree that she’s too old for topshop. Certainly not this outfit, it’s just a big jumper and trousers. It’s not like it’s one of their weird spray-on cutaway bodycon super short teen fashion eyesores. I looked at the link to the jumper and agree she’d never wear it outside of #sponcon, though. The fabric is disgusting (mostly acrylic).

Reactions: 3
Too old for Top Shop? What a pile of tit. Should women over 40 only shop in M&S? 🙄
Ha ha no. I meant she’s too odd to advertise it, as she clearly doesn’t wear it. I’m over 40 and wear neither m&s or topshop 😱

I’m more a Whistles and higher end eBay dresser such as Isabell Marant, Joseph, Maje etc. I’ve bought some fab forever designer pieces from eBay. I follow catwalk gates who doesn’t flog crap and dresses in fab pieces rather than polyester fast fashion like Topshop. I’d assume most 40 something like myself, are wise enough to invest in clothes that they can wear for years and years, rather than some tit polyester jumper like Kat was pretending to love 🤷‍♀️

Also is that you Kat 🤔😂 see your joined today and that’s your first comment 🤔.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m 35 and the only thing I buy from topshop is jeans. Deffo only wearing it because she’s getting paid.

Edit. I shop in M&S quite a lot 😂

Reactions: 4
Ha ha no. I meant she’s too odd to advertise it, as she clearly doesn’t wear it. I’m over 40 and wear neither m&s or topshop 😱

I’m more a Whistles and higher end eBay dresser such as Isabell Marant, Joseph, Maje etc. I’ve bought some fab forever designer pieces from eBay. I follow catwalk gates who doesn’t flog crap and dresses in fab pieces rather than polyester fast fashion like Topshop. I’d assume most 40 something like myself, are wise enough to invest in clothes that they can wear for years and years, rather than some tit polyester jumper like Kat was pretending to love 🤷‍♀️

Also is that you Kat 🤔😂 see your joined today and that’s your first comment 🤔.
Yes it’s me, hi! Thought I’d come on and defend myself🤪

But you’re probably right. She doesn’t wear Top Shop normally, I thought she preferred Sw3 shopping but if TS is offering some ££ then why not give it a go. I think she looks cooler and edgier in these clothes than her usual maxi skirts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.