Kat Farmer DMBL40 #4 Does my bag look 40 grand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They both looked dreadful on her. Kat is lucky and she can wear a lot of things but she needs to stick to what she knows looks good on her. When she shows those sort of items she looks like she's lost her way and is having a crisis - not exactly someone you want styling you.
How many people has she ever actually styled though? Her restyling of the people on the Rylan show was just awful. Book was just another tick on the influencer list. On This Morning she just presents the clothes the show gets given.
Being tall and slim it’s hard to go wrong but recently I feel she is trying too hard.

Reactions: 9
Her age has nothing to do with what she should/shouldn't wear. I get sick of this dress for your age bullshit. 🙄

The black dress wouldn't suit her regardless of age as it doesn't suit her shape/usual style.

Reactions: 13
My understanding of DMBL40 is it’s about style ideas for middle aged and above women.

I followed in the early days of the blog, but CBA with Insta, so it’s possibly 🤣 moved on from that. If I’m honest couldn’t be done with blogs when they were a thing either.

Reactions: 5
I saw her on This Morning today and I actually thought she was pretty good. She’s really improved since her early days on there.

Her age has nothing to do with what she should/shouldn't wear. I get sick of this dress for your age bullshit. 🙄

The black dress wouldn't suit her regardless of age as it doesn't suit her shape/usual style.
It's kind of her job though isn't it? To dress people for their shape and age?

I think it comes naturally to most to wear items which compliment them through the years. As a 50 year old she in theory could dress herself from Pretty Little Thing or Boohoo etc of course that is anyone's prerogative but she would look absolutely ridiculous in most of the items as would many 50 year olds.

Isn't that the point of having a target audience?

Reactions: 4
When I watch her do her car chats and she's gurning, manic, trying to spit out a cohesive sentence of random shouty words, I'm just thinking get yourself to the doctor for some medication. She needs something to take the edge off her (ADHD?), It's very uncomfortable to watch.

I'm a few years younger than Kat and literally dress pretty much the same since I was a teen. It's about what fits, your own style and what you feel good in. Dressing for 'your age' & 'age appropriate' is what the media has brainwashed women in particular to think/do. Kat has been part of that yes, & it's utter crap.

It's kind of her job though isn't it? To dress people for their shape and age?

I think it comes naturally to most to wear items which compliment them through the years. As a 50 year old she in theory could dress herself from Pretty Little Thing or Boohoo etc of course that is anyone's prerogative but she would look absolutely ridiculous in most of the items as would many 50 year olds.

Isn't that the point of having a target audience?
I believe that she was never a stylist, in the true sense of the word. Her talent lies in self promotion.
She's failing at the moment, because who wants to identify with someone who is so vulgar and desperate?

Reactions: 7
Kat was never a stylist of other people. She styled herself and was a *shopper for others.

*Her shopping recommendations only included garments and shoes that fit her body shape and personal style.

I'm a few years younger than Kat and literally dress pretty much the same since I was a teen. It's about what fits, your own style and what you feel good in. Dressing for 'your age' & 'age appropriate' is what the media has brainwashed women in particular to think/do. Kat has been part of that yes, & it's utter crap.
I’m a huge advocate for women wearing whatever the hell they want to wear.

But - I’m finding as I get older my body shape is changing quite dramatically. Things I wore as a teen simply don’t fit, even in a different size, but my inherent style hasn’t changed. I do wonder if the advice to dress in clothing that fits well is distilled to the catchphrase ‘dress your age’.

Trinny Woodall recommends ‘dressing for the woman you are now’ and this has really helped me cull my wardrobe. I’m still wearing whatever I want, but there’s no doubt over the years my body shape and disposable income have changed, and that’s reflected in my wardrobe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Kat was never a stylist of other people. She styled herself and was a *shopper for others.

*Her shopping recommendations only included garments and shoes that fit her body shape and personal style.

I’m a huge advocate for women wearing whatever the hell they want to wear.

But - I’m finding as I get older my body shape is changing quite dramatically. Things I wore as a teen simply don’t fit, even in a different size, but my inherent style hasn’t changed. I do wonder if the advice to dress in clothing that fits well is distilled to the catchphrase ‘dress your age’.

Trinny Woodall recommends ‘dressing for the woman you are now’ and this has really helped me cull my wardrobe. I’m still wearing whatever I want, but there’s no doubt over the years my body shape and disposable income have changed, and that’s reflected in my wardrobe.

I agree with this, wear what you want, but......I wouldn't wear that costume or dress at my age.

It's like what my 21 year old would wear to go to Ibiza and I would wear it if I was 21.

I'd still go to Ibiza clubbing but at 45 I wouldn't wear that I'd dress for who I am now, as you say, if you know what I'm trying to get across! 🤦🏼‍♀️

My style hasn't really changed either and my two girls ask me frequently on what to wear and with what, something which I would never in a million years asked my mother when she was 45 😂

Reactions: 5
When I watch her do her car chats and she's gurning, manic, trying to spit out a cohesive sentence of random shouty words, I'm just thinking get yourself to the doctor for some medication. She needs something to take the edge off her (ADHD?), It's very uncomfortable to watch.
I have also thought this.

Reactions: 2
Thread suggestion:

Kat Farmer DMBL40 #5: Celebrating 50 with a mid-life crisis; marriage hitting the skids and can’t stand her own kids!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.