Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Brummiebird

VIP Member
Unless John Lewis now sell condoms, Pro Plus, weed and packet noodles, there’s fuck all Uni goers need from there.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

ebbyflow

I can't help but feel conflicted too. Mainly because I wonder how many men would be getting the stick she's getting for taking opportunities to further their "career" and sacrificing time with family? how many things has her husband missed due to working long hours in the City and commuting daily? I don't blame her in a way for taking the gigs she's taking, when you've been a stay at home parent for many years and they get older and an empty nest is looming who wouldn't want to be fulfilled and have a life of their own and earning power ? I thoroughly dislike the instahuns and their shameless plugging / ads / oversharing / lack of awareness / over consumption / ridiculous & expensive tweakments and I include her in that, but for some reason the slagging she's getting for this bothers me. It feels somewhat mysoginistic. If her husband was going off on some law conference for a week no one would bat an eyelid.

Reactions: 25

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
Oh come off it. Who hasn’t called their teens names under their breath or behind their backs? You can love the bones of your kids and still find them entitled gits.
Yes you can but you don’t post it online for hundreds of thousands of strangers to read about

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Sooz

Chatty Member
They were always well off but I shared a link up thread to some of her 2015 blog posts and it was all high Street clothes. It was so accessible. She lost her shit over Hush. If she had a fancy bag, it was an old Mulberry or something that she'd bought back in the days she was working in a firm.

But Birkins (x2) and diamond Rolexes and sports cars and Tiffany's and every pair of shoes costing 250 quid? A multitude of leather jackets? A myriad of leather trousers because they're all different shapes?

Things crowed about for being bought in the Sale when the reduction was something like 1000 down to 500? Or 500 down to 350?

But oooooh a bargain! she says, as she promises you can wear it for years. When she has so many clothes she only wears an item once a year.

She has basically gone full Millionaire Wanker now. And I've no time for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Sooz

Chatty Member
So somebody is real mad at her for (continuously) being absent.

Clearly either the poor kid who is having what sounds like a mental health crisis, or the father who is angry at her going away in the midst of their child's mental health crisis.

Maybe both! Can't blame either of them.

She could 100% choose not to take jobs abroad. You don't have to attend a book festival in fucking DUBAI for an ENTIRE WEEK. Who on earth commits to that with 3 teenagers, one of whom has complex neurodivergent needs?

Who signs up for a TWO WEEK cruise away from their teenagers during term time?

These are choices.

She's making excellent money from IG and from This Morning. She literally does not need to take these trips. She is successful by anyone's standards. But her family is falling apart and she's still going to be off braying at PR people in Dubai!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
I know her relationship with her daughter is poor. She has no time for anyone but herself though, never has. I remember her refusing to even contemplate breastfeeding because it was too tying. Had epidurals as standard, not too posh just too selfish .
What’s wrong with choosing an epidural? The idea that not accepting pain relief during labour and delivery is somehow ‘better’, is misogynistic and harmful. Why is it selfish? There is a very slightly increased risk of instrumental delivery and there are some potential risks associated with spinal anaesthesia for the mother but epidural is widely safely and effectively practiced. Do we actively encourage others to undergo extremely painful events with no analgesia? Why is it considered a moral failure for women to use pain relief in labour?

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Catlady1

VIP Member
We know that Kat has money don’t we. That part has never particularly bothered me. She’s got a lovely house. I always knew this. What has come to bother me lately is the constant freebies. Holidays that she was supposedly promoting free days at Wimbledon and the races beauty products coming out of her ears that she supposedly loves and uses. Her obnoxious stuck up friends and her jollying away completely oblivious to the state of normal people’s lives. I thought after lockdown these influencers would be a little more sensitive but no the likes of Kat have just got straight back on the horse.

Reactions: 20
There was someone who had fucked me off in Damsels who posted about something they really wanted on eBay that they were bidding for. They were asking for tips on how to win it.

reader… I bid against them and won the item.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

Sooz

Chatty Member
Jesus if it wasn't for epidurals I'd never have even considered getting pregnant.

Greatest invention in earth. You don't get a medal for "most pain bravely endured" .

Also, you have to be at least 4cm dilated (10 hellish hours for me both times!) before getting one or it slows labour down to dangerous levels. I don't care where she gave birth, you don't just walk into the hospital reception and airily demand an epidural now please, quick smart, please and thank you.

Let's not go crazy with making up stuff to suit some narrative of her being selfish. She may or may not be but it makes me very uncomfortable when people bring the kids into it. In fact, I've always thought she had quite a close relationship with her daughter. As close as a you can have with a moody teen girl who's embarrassed by you.

But there is no way she didn't labour just like the rest of us unscheduled folks, and its unkind to imply she's too posh and selfish to even endure a contraction.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Sooz

Chatty Member
I don't for a second doubt, watching those stories, that she feels conflicted going. She was very upset.

However I feel she's as upset about being tarred "The Bad Guy" as anything else. She's upset that she's being blamed and shamed by her family members. I'm sure that feels lousy.

And I know that she basically gave up her first career because her husband had The Big Job and worked very long hours and presumably had a lot of client dinners and business trips etc and somebody had to do the school runs and she started doing IG because she could do it from home. So maybe there's an element of "well you did it for years when they were babies mate, so fuck off pointing fingers at me when I'm doing it now they're older"

But I still think she's gotten the balance wrong. She's gone too far in the other direction. And her marriage is in the toilet and her kid is mentally struggling and it could well be connected to their parents splitting up, amongst other triggers.

I'm not someone to blame one party for a split when we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe the husband was a total dick.

But I would hope that she reevaluates her career strategy going forward and keeps closer to home in the next year, for her kids sake.

But who am I kidding, shes probably signed up for another cruise in the springtime as we speak.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

loubylou50

VIP Member
Thread suggestion:

Kat Farmer DMBL40 #5: Celebrating 50 with a mid-life crisis; marriage hitting the skids and can’t stand her own kids!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Libertine

VIP Member
I scrolled back: Kat’s mother died in early December 2015 after a period of ‘not being herself’. Kat would have been 42 years old.

I call that discussions with her mum around a special 50th birthday present fall somewhere between ‘gilding the lily’ and ‘outright lie’.

bunsofsteel

Chatty Member
The thing is, lets face it, she wouldn't have THIS career if it wasn't for her husbands Big Job. She already had the wealth and the lifestyle to make herself interesting and desirable to others. She didn't have to work so she had all day to trek around the shops and take photos and videos of herself in endless piles of clothes, she had the money to buy the designer pieces. Kat already had an aspirational life, mostly in part due to her husband's career. Most of us wouldn't have the time due to juggling children AND work.