Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I've always felt weird about their relationship but ignored it for the most part. I really hate how he basically infantalizes her ..."poor little Ally" always talking about how small and meager she is. It's definitely some freaky daddy daughter shit. She seems like a nice person anyway but also obsessed with Instagram and appearances like all these influencers.

Look at the thumbnail from the latest video and tell me they aren't trying to capitalize off of her illness. It's just sickening... I'm over them.
You articulated this perfectly, his constant infantilizing of “poor little Ally” is creepy and gross. I felt like I was watching his weird fetishized fantasy when she was in bed with that massive teddy bear. Definitely some disturbing, freaky -ish going on with him.

Reactions: 8

primordia

Chatty Member
I noticed that about his comments as well. It's gotta be an approval setting because he would have a ton of comments. Apparently he can't take the heat either.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Evil David Letterman

i havn watched the video yet so not sure how much detaul he goes into but i am in his patreon and he gives daily updates. he did yard work, cleaned his uncles house, bought him groceries and drove him to run which ever errands he needed to do before justin left. so yeah . you only see 30 minutes to an hour of justins life yet you all think you know everything that's happening. Ha
paulielol2.PNG

We have just found the dumbest person on Tattle! Would be a tragedy if a plate window fell on your head!

• Haha

GrittyFacedBoo

Chatty Member
Justin is always in “crisis mode.” Ally’s surgery, paying taxes, broken van, dental issues… we get it. That’s just called dealing with real world problems.
I haven't watched Justin in a long time now, but I think I could stomach him if he wasn't complaining all the time. His constant comments about being "broke" have to be a grift. I wonder what they did with the gofundme money that his viewers raised when Ally had her first surgery. He's so creative, and makes really great videos (except for the stuffed rooster and most of his voices he puts on). I don't know much about YouTube payouts, but it seems like he should be making a fairly decent living, but he seems to be very bad with money. It was sometime last year (I think) when he was complaining about being overdrawn in his checking account, but then called his dad to front him some cash so he could by some tiki-related collectables. I think a serious financial advisor would do him some good, but he needs to stop trying to guilt his viewers into giving him money (if that's what he's really doing).

PourTheTee

VIP Member
New video is out...still on Route 66 on this unplanned/no thought trip.

This also showed night #2 on this trip and he checked into another motel. I could be wrong, but I swear one of his biggest selling points for getting this van was to sleep in it while on the road.

The van is also a big tank gas guzzler so he's probably paying $80-$100 each time he fills up (maybe more?), which is quite a few stops. While the motels he's staying at are not 5-star by any means, these cost money too. Truck stops, while not luxurious, are free...and I'm sure there is some manageable KOA type places as well. For someone whose father had to put money into his overdrawn account, he is forking out a lot of dough for this already...and he's only to New Mexico!

• Haha

Adam the Bear

I'm not caught up with his episodes at the moment. I've been waiting to see/hear that that POS van broke down. That janky tablet install is hysterical. What an irresponsible purchase. But hey, it's JustinScarred the ironic mechanic wearing t-shirt 40 year old.

• Haha
  • Heart

Leela_M

I hear you! I have no doubt her mom is of the narcissist abuser variety just seeing the texts. That would be present even without Justin in the picture.
On the other hand, Justin was also in his early 30s and she barely 18 when they first met/talked/started going out? They've muddied the time frame on that on purpose.
I agree though she is getting it from both. Just how Justin acted before, during, and after her surgery ("I have health problems too!") was eye opening for me. He acted like it was such a chore.
They’ve definitely muddied that timeline of when they met but they have tons of followers that are ready to romanticize a relationship that certainly has a questionable beginning. Good she’s away from her mom now and my guess is as they grow older and he gets to his 40’s she’ll possibly grow apart from him.
But yes, he does seem to say and do a lot of things that seem tone deaf and doesn’t understand the statement- ‘Read the room!’

• Heart
New video is out...still on Route 66 on this unplanned/no thought trip.

This also showed night #2 on this trip and he checked into another motel. I could be wrong, but I swear one of his biggest selling points for getting this van was to sleep in it while on the road.

The van is also a big tank gas guzzler so he's probably paying $80-$100 each time he fills up (maybe more?), which is quite a few stops. While the motels he's staying at are not 5-star by any means, these cost money too. Truck stops, while not luxurious, are free...and I'm sure there is some manageable KOA type places as well. For someone whose father had to put money into his overdrawn account, he is forking out a lot of dough for this already...and he's only to New Mexico!
He should have just bought a decent used car if he really wanted another vehicle specifically for going on the road. I find it interesting how he keeps referencing that the van will probably break down; I feel like he's regretting his decision big time while also begging for sympathy dollars. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that he is going on a month long road trip in that thing when the whole dashboard keeps failing like that. He could get seriously injured or killed if something goes wrong and he just assumes it is fine. (Or even in the best case scenario get a speeding ticket from having zero clue what his speed is.)

• Heart

PourTheTee

VIP Member
Welcome to the thread!

It's interesting how so many of us had the same experience with Justin. I also loved Justin's videos (especially its topics on Route 66 and mental health). The childish behavior was a little annoying but I ignored it because I loved the quality of his videos so much. But as I learned more about his personal life and grew older, I felt really uncomfortable watching his videos. Also, like with many YouTubers at the time, I lost a lot of respect for Justin because of how much he has travelled during the pandemic. It seems very antithetical to the Quest of Positivity to constantly travel and potentially endanger the health of others.

Another thing to add, I was only nineteen when I first discovered Justin. I was very naive at the time and so I thought his relationship with Ally was completely normal. As I grew older, I realized how creepy and unsettling it was. God knows how many other people my age have discovered Justin and have been normalized by these types of relationships.

That's the thing that frustrates me a lot about his videos. I want to like his videos but he just gives so much red flags as a person. His videos are really high quality and I think that's why he has a solid base of fans. Even if you go to other threads on Tattle there are people who are willing to defend him. It feels so hypocritical to call out the behaviors of other Disney YouTubers while suddenly acting like Justin's some amazing human being.
I remember not really thinking too much about his relationship with Ally. They romanticized it so much. It took me an embarrassingly long time to really think about it. Even if she was actually of legal age when they started dating, he was still in his 30s...that's just creepy. Add in all the comments he makes about her being tiny (also about her having his children :sick: like he doesn't already have a teenager). He definitely seems stuck in his punk days (age and maturity wise) and maybe that's why he related to Ally at the start because they were mentally the same age.
For me, this whole health scare Ally had was the true eye opener. I could overlook a lot of annoyances, because his video quality was good and the topics were interesting. He acted like it was such a chore taking care of her and made it all about how hard it was for him the whole time...not to mention the money issues at the same time. Ever since then, it seems like everything he does is just idiotic.
I still think there is something very odd about this trip he's on though...something more than just getting out on the road again and driving this van. It really seems like there's some other reason he jumped out on the road, besides eventually going to see his uncle...eventually.

• Heart
Bit the bullet and watched his latest video. He made it to his uncle's home and mentioned many times he was "stuck" there. He tried to get into a couple mechanic shops (places suggested to him first) but they couldn't work on it that quick, even though he offered more money to bump him up the line. Yay, bribes!
He talked about pacing and being stressed about all this. I would be too if I put money into a lemon.
His uncle ended up calling around and got him into another one and it turned out it was something different than originally thought and the work was done quickly.
He still thinks there is no guarantee the van will make it back across country :rolleyes:
I bet he'll magically make another GoFundMe appear and claim he didn't set it up.

• Haha

VloggerCritic

VIP Member
He makes decent videos but what an entitled douchebag he is!

Hey Justin either learn to make it work without whining like a little bitch all the time or go find a new job!

buzzw3rd

I actually like Justin's videos the most out of anybody in his extended Youtube universe, but it does get a bit frustrating that he kind of trudges over the same places over and over.

Hannibal is a place I would love to go, but we've seen him there multiple times already. I have always wanted to go to Disneyland Paris and thought it was so cool they had a huge dragon in the castle dungeon, and then Justin showed the dragon in countless Disneyland Paris videos. I swear he has unknowingly redone entire videos almost shot for shot.

primordia

Chatty Member
I also found it weird and funny how we were accused of being fake accounts made by KT to detract the topic away from BLAB.
To be fair, I've been in that thread almost since the beginning and a lot of times when KT does something to indicate she's read Tattle we get an influx of comments from new accounts asking about or deflecting to other vloggers, particularly ones she doesn't like! That being said it's waved around a lot and discourages new people who want to join in on the BLAB talk.

• Heart

primordia

Chatty Member
Does anyone know how they met? He's mentioned that she was incredibly sheltered and didn't know how to do simple adult things (because she was a child?). He's also alluded to a pretty bad family situation.

VloggerCritic

VIP Member
Route 66 Tours by Justin. Why not rent a tour bus and charge your biggest stans to hang out for a week? Oh wait maybe that would dry up the Patreon gravy train if they went and experienced it for themselves and didn't need to watch his videos any longer?

• Haha

UncleLester

VIP Member
Really great news for Justin just now! I bet there won’t be any Route 66 videos during these dates:

Save the Dates! Disneyland Resort Grad Nite 2022 returns on the following select dates in May and June 2022:

May 13,14,18,20,21,25,26,31

June 1,3,4,7,8,10,11,17

• Haha

Cap'n John Dee

Chatty Member
That channel is a cheap Louie Bee rip off, btw.
That's a bit harsh don't ya think? I see zero similarities between the two channels and think both channels are doing a great job in exposing BLOB. Aren't all creators who expose BLOB a good thing?

• Heart

VloggerCritic

VIP Member
If he's following the grifter's playbook he will do some sort of fundraiser for the transmission repairs. With his large Patreon following he might keep it hush hush and ask them for money first before going to the general public. Hinting on a Facebook group though sounds like a GoFundMe or something similar could be forthcoming.