Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
So Ally had another procedure it seems... Leave it to Justin to make it allll about him and how stressed, and bored he was by it in his hospital vlog he uploaded. He once again referred "tiny" Ally, and it creeped me the fuck out. His constant infantilization of her is gross, like she's this weak little girl that is absolutely helpless without him. I know many people document surgeries they go through on YT, but this feels unnecessarily invasive and 100% exploitative.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 9

sorin2022

So we kinda blew up the BLAB thread this week. 😅 To anyone new to this thread, welcome!

I'll kinda give me own personal opinion on the whole Justin/Ally thing.

I do think there's a possibility that they only started dating once Ally turned 18, but it doesn't change how creepy the whole dynamic is. For one thing, just because their relationship is legal doesn't undermine how ethical it is. The whole backstory of how Ally cut ties with her family alone just shows how sketchy the dynamic is. And it's hard to ignore the fact that there's a huge power imbalance in the relationship.

I will add though, one thing I noticed before that looks suspicious is the fact that Justin's liked Ally's Instagram photos before 2014. This picture for instance was taken when Ally was only 16. Of course, he could've also just started liking the photos after they met (though idk why you would do that).
I don’t understand why we were getting bashed by that woman (who claims to be a friend of a friend) on that thread. Ally posted, in 2020, a picture montage in her IG grid that they had been together “6 years” in the caption. This was in 2020! We are just restating what they have stated publicly themselves. She was born in 1996 so that makes her 18 in 2014 (subtract 6 years from 2020). Anyways, it’s all out there! That other woman was just butt hurt that we called him out in it. This should not be normalized because his fandom loves him so much. Now if they both had a private IG where they weren’t posting photos of their relationship all over the place, but they don’t and their stans instead fawn all over their relationship! Also, I work with teenagers so it troubles me even more (and I’m younger than Justin by about 5 years!). I could never in a million years see myself hanging out with a senior in high school (18). So much yuck.

Last edited:
Yeah the whole Ally thing has really rubbed me the wrong way. When you’re healing the last thing you’ll want is a camera in your face, especially when she’s not particularly active in the vlogs anyway.
Seriously! He also has an extremely punchable face 🤡 His theatrics are grating.

diskneelvr

VIP Member
C6704A12-1EA4-4647-9C2E-EDB0A5C5DD48.png

Justin showing off his latest purchase in his new vlog today. He bought a conversion van! They don’t seem to be hurting for money anymore 🤔 Wonder if this is what they spent the $12,000 GoFundMe money on?

• Heart

CrazySquirrelLady

VIP Member
Road trip update video is out. Very short, only a few minutes. Just wanting to let his viewers know that he stayed a little longer in Kansas to have a friend check out the van. By check out, we see said friend change his oil and tell him the van needs a tune up (which he’s supposedly going to get in another town down the road).
While he was there, he hung out with his buddy for the night.
This doesn’t seem like it was an unplanned stop at all, but why not just say that? Trying to drum up and get more support probably.
“oh no, Justin is having more trouble with the van, let’s send him more money” ?
I’ve seen many of his road trips…it feels like this one is just such a blatant cash grab.
He has been doing this long enough to know you change your oil before you head out on a cross country road trip. He had to have done this on purpose for sympathy. Not cool.

• Wow

PourTheTee

VIP Member
Bit the bullet and watched his latest video. He made it to his uncle's home and mentioned many times he was "stuck" there. He tried to get into a couple mechanic shops (places suggested to him first) but they couldn't work on it that quick, even though he offered more money to bump him up the line. Yay, bribes!
He talked about pacing and being stressed about all this. I would be too if I put money into a lemon.
His uncle ended up calling around and got him into another one and it turned out it was something different than originally thought and the work was done quickly.
He still thinks there is no guarantee the van will make it back across country :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow

buzzw3rd

My god man, how many times do you have to complain about your shoulder and show the footage of you falling?

He's one of those people that just loves attention and sympathy for injuries and illness. He talks about his various ailments all the time, it's insanity.

Justin has always been my favorite Youtuber to watch, but it just feels like every video becomes the same video as the last. It's not as noticeable as the Woopeats because he doesn't upload as much, but if you pay attention he literally makes the same jokes in the same way for the same places.

Jacksonian55

I am a boomer, although I am not like most boomers. I think Justin is the king of sad pathetic help me content. Grow up, get a job and support your family on your own dime!

• Heart

PourTheTee

VIP Member
Well it makes sense if she was abused to flee to someone far away and with a personality like Justin's. If she is bisexual doesn't that mean cheating in the classic sense of the word? Or has she sworn off women for Justin? Not judging just curious how that works. Perhaps they are in an open relationship? Polyamorous? I really don't care much it is just fun to speculate on Tattle.

On a slight tangent the GoFundMe for her surgery is still up. Last donation of $100 1 month ago, total as of this $14,174.
No cheating. Attracted to men and women, but usually monogamous.

Is this also a statement of the healthcare in this country? I would’ve thought it would’ve been used by now to pay for her first surgery. That has me most curious. She has another one coming up at some point (prepare for “woe is me I have health problems too” Justin again).

I guess it also means the money wasn’t used for the bucket of bolts (scrap) everyone knew his van would end up being

• Wow

VloggerCritic

VIP Member
Well it makes sense if she was abused to flee to someone far away and with a personality like Justin's. If she is bisexual doesn't that mean cheating in the classic sense of the word? Or has she sworn off women for Justin? Not judging just curious how that works. Perhaps they are in an open relationship? Polyamorous? I really don't care much it is just fun to speculate on Tattle.

On a slight tangent the GoFundMe for her surgery is still up. Last donation of $100 1 month ago, total as of this $14,174.

• Wow
It’s still up and running.

View attachment 1035606
I think at least once in every video he complains about his finances. It makes me wonder if he’s one of those who complains, but in real life he’s doing ok but maybe has some problems with his spending habits. We saw evidence of this in the last video with the mad dash to the ATM so he could buy those tiki things.

It makes me wonder…will he ask that the GFM get cancelled, and everyone get a refund (if that’s even a thing), or will it go straight into his pocket? Who am I kidding? He’ll take that money without blinking an eye. I don’t know how the medical insurance would be structured, but would they even need that much for medical expenses if they are covered by health insurance?

What will Justin buy with this new cash flow, I wonder?
He is shady, IMO. Who complains so publicly about being broke and then films themselves running to the ATM to buy hundreds of dollars worth of vintage art pieces?! I mean if it was medication, medical supplies for Ally he needed to buy I would totally understand the need to rush out and withdraw some $$$ to pay for those kind of things. Alas this was purely for his own selfish needs, makes me wonder what type of bait-and-switch money schemes he *isn’t filming* if he can be so brazen about this.

Jotham

It just seems like an awful situation all around. Ally has mentioned her mother before and she seems like such a toxic parent, no wonder she seemed so desperate to leave at 18. And it's equally screwed up of Justin to take advantage of such a vulnerable situation.

• Heart

sorry_bout_it

Chatty Member
Creating a space for folks to vent & share their thoughts on JustinScarred.

If anyone would like to post a summary, please feel free to.

GrittyFacedBoo

Chatty Member
I'm a bit late to the party but I'm so glad someone finally made a thread about Justin! I want to like Justin. In fact, I used to be a huge fan of Justin and considered him one of my favorite YouTubers. Not only did he get me into Route 66 and Americana, but his philosophy behind the Quest for Positivity helps me cope a lot with depression and anxiety.

However, I can't bear myself to support his channel anymore given how sketchy he seems. His relationship with Ally has so many red flags. The way he claims to have "rescued" her from her family, the way he constantly comments about how "petite" Ally looks, the way he suddenly met Ally one night and the next thing you know they're in a relationship... there's so many things wrong with the relationship that it's both shocking and disgusting how he's been able to get away with it after all these years. I'm glad to finally have a thread to discuss all of this. Especially since he's disabled comments on his YouTube videos so it's nearly impossible to critique him, given how heavily moderated his Facebook group is.

Also, how is he able to afford all these things? It surprised me how he managed to go on so many trips pre-COVID given that he doesn't seem to have another job. I've always suspected that he gets them as gifts from friends/fans.
Welcome! I still find myself watching his videos, even though I shouldn't support him. The whole Ally thing has always bothered me, and it really got on my last nerve when he "casually" mentioned the GoFundMe one of the fans set up that generated over $12,000. In one of the recent videos, he made sure to remind everyone how poor he and Ally are. I think he does that so he can get that free money from the fans, which is really shitty. In my opinion, despite his immense creativity, if he can't fully support himself on YouTube then he may need to find a job instead of rallying his supporters to give him more. He lives in a nice house, it's full of crap he obviously spends a lot of money on, and he's able to travel all over the country when poor little "petite" Ally isn't holding him down with her ailments. He may have fallen into the trap a lot of these YouTubers have, where they find themselves with no authority or structure to adhere to, and they get kind of lazy. I still want to like Justin, but I just can't anymore.

Reactions: 8

CrazySquirrelLady

VIP Member
If you’re in debt and have no savings it’s time to find another job. Or accept the fact that you’re a starving artist and stop crying about being poor. I have nothing against the guy but when I see crap like this it irritates me.

IMG_8288.jpeg

Jotham

Glad to see this thread here. I just recently discovered this site while going down a rabbithole to find out the truth behind whether or not ATW actually trolled anyone, and landed here. I was a big JS fan in his earlier videos. I could see he was a manchild, but I didn't mind so much at first. Then one day here comes this girlfriend... she looked young, but so do I- my sisters and I all look ten years younger than we are, so it never bugged me that she looked so young. But he kept calling her little, tiny, etc, and that was odd. Then there's the video- I don't remember what year or title at this point- where they're sitting in a car, and for some reason he's pressuring her to say what high school she went to. She is obv reluctant and does it anyway, and that was one weird freaking uncomfortable dynamic to watch, and it bugged me enough to look up said high school, with her name, and discovered she was 17 when they met.

Suddenly all this talk about how her family hates him, they kept her like Rapunzel in a tower, and all his 'she's so little' all came together, and it was clear this guy *wants* people to know how young she is. Now the 'all the haters didn't want us to be together' hits different. Well of course her family hates him! Some 38 yr old man gets together with my 17 yr old, convinces her to run away and be with him, not only am I going to hate him, I'm probably going to end up in jail. I cannot imagine what the family must have gone through.

SO gross. Then you think about the fact that his ex-wife and him were together since he was 15, and then she dumped him on Valentine's Day when the kid was 5 (kid can go to school, no longer need the house-husband be home all day), and yep. Justin talks about how when he hugged Ally the first time it was like a thousand Cupid's arrows shooting into him... no dude that's just your psychology revisiting being 15 and falling in love again. A grown man doesn't respond to that like he's a teenager, he freaking looks at this CHILD in front of him, and STEPS AWAY. 17 doesn't seem young when you're 17, but it does when you're in your 30s- or at least, it should.

I hadn't looked at his Ig in ages but it came up out of nowhere, and there she was all in a serious medical situation. This road trip corresponds with a sudden change in his IG content, where one day, he's using Ally's medical situation for views, a GoFundMe, and then suddenly nothing about her. All those public IG posts must have got her family's attention. My theory is someone in her family showed up during this life-threatening time she's in and so he took off. I would hope they take her home, but I doubt she will be out from under his creepy spell until she herself is old enough to realize how young she was when he took advantage of her crush on him.

Dude is emotionally stunted and needs therapy. She's going to need therapy when she finally gets away from this guy who's been engaged for her all these years and won't freaking marry her because 'I can't afford to in the way I want to marry her' and NOW I wonder if he gets spousal support from his ex wife, having been a house husband all those years, and if that's the case, if he will lose it if he remarries. I mean why wait, you claim this perfect love story, a city hall marriage ought to be good enough.
Welcome to the thread!

It's interesting how so many of us had the same experience with Justin. I also loved Justin's videos (especially its topics on Route 66 and mental health). The childish behavior was a little annoying but I ignored it because I loved the quality of his videos so much. But as I learned more about his personal life and grew older, I felt really uncomfortable watching his videos. Also, like with many YouTubers at the time, I lost a lot of respect for Justin because of how much he has travelled during the pandemic. It seems very antithetical to the Quest of Positivity to constantly travel and potentially endanger the health of others.

Another thing to add, I was only nineteen when I first discovered Justin. I was very naive at the time and so I thought his relationship with Ally was completely normal. As I grew older, I realized how creepy and unsettling it was. God knows how many other people my age have discovered Justin and have been normalized by these types of relationships.

That's the thing that frustrates me a lot about his videos. I want to like his videos but he just gives so much red flags as a person. His videos are really high quality and I think that's why he has a solid base of fans. Even if you go to other threads on Tattle there are people who are willing to defend him. It feels so hypocritical to call out the behaviors of other Disney YouTubers while suddenly acting like Justin's some amazing human being.