Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PourTheTee

VIP Member
He never used to beg constantly for money either. He used to hate doing it. Now it’s all his posts and all of his videos.

Something else I’ve noticed that bugs me is his friends (who all have jobs and lives) all help him in anyway they can. Lately they have all been helping get his Midsummer Scream booth ready while he’s doing…something. When he does show up to “help” he either bitches about it or pretends to hit them with something.

Also his “oh my god I’m 40” is getting old.

Reactions: 8

Adam the Bear

Dead transmission! Something we knew would give out. And he kept driving it like it wasn't a serious problem. What an idiot! I watch to make me feel good about myself and the choices I make.

• Haha
  • Heart

Leela_M

Also, how is he able to afford all these things? It surprised me how he managed to go on so many trips pre-COVID given that he doesn't seem to have another job. I've always suspected that he gets them as gifts from friends/fans.
I’ve heard from a couple sources he has a very wealthy fan from outside of the US that funds some of his trips, particularly his Paris trips. (Ally had a short video posted on her YouTube from a Paris trip 3-4 years ago and based off the clips I’m fairly certain they took a first class flight) I’ve also heard it’s Bob Gurr that funds some of his trips. That seems crazy but who knows. Ether way, it really bothered me he was saying in one of the Ally hospital videos that his dad had to put money in his checking account to keep it from over-drafting - then in the next video he mentioned the $12,000 Go Fund Me, and then proceeds to spend a few hundred bucks on some random tiki items for his backyard. Idiot.

• Heart

Jotham

I was part of this group before leaving Facebook a year or so ago. Is it still kind of cult like leaning? There are certainly worse things to follow than the quest for positivity, but some were taking it a little too far/seriously.
Yep, it's still full of boomers who think that Justin Scarred is the second coming of Jesus Christ.

• Haha
$400 on Halloween blowmolds? 🤦‍♀️ No one give this man money. Also, I can’t believe how they went on and on about how Allie’s mom is like Mother Gothel in the Oogie Boogie Bash vlog. I thought that was so classless (regardless of whatever’s going on with them). And how Justin stole her away from her tower. YIKES. Goes with his sexist “everybody’s mother-in-law” shtick. And I can’t stand the stupid rat character (that was when I went looking for a gossip forum to see if anyone else felt the same way). Whew, just needed to get that off my chest!

• Wow
  • Haha

CrazySquirrelLady

VIP Member
Justin makes a lot of money from patreon alone, having over 1K paid supporters on there. He is definitely far from broke. #Don'tSendTheseGriftersAnyMoney
I enjoy some of his videos but I would never send that smarmy little weasel a dime of my hard earned money.

• Haha

PourTheTee

VIP Member
Oh boy….here it comes :rolleyes:
F2877182-EEF3-4F6F-986C-AAA4A9F1FA17.jpeg

I haven’t watched the newest video so I don’t know if this disaster (most likely with the van, what else? Especially since he’s already back home) is captured or explained at all

• Heart
  • Haha

jessburch

Chatty Member
I’m getting caught up on the BLAB thread I didn’t know Justin’s was created and I left a note that Justin is a sad little man.

• Haha

Leela_M

Does anyone know how they met? He's mentioned that she was incredibly sheltered and didn't know how to do simple adult things (because she was a child?). He's also alluded to a pretty bad family situation.
I believe he’s told the story somewhere - something like she messaged him because she liked his vlogs and asked to meet him at Disneyland. So he met her for a quick photo in Adventureland and now a yearly anniversary photo at Disneyland has now become their ‘thing’.

I like Justin & Ally but the video with Ally going to the Hospital didn’t sit well with me. I understand they share a lot of their lives with their viewers in their vlogs but some things are meant to be kept private. The shot of them in bed the night before Ally’s surgery, the camera set up to get the shot of them “leaving to the Hospital”, the shot of Ally getting wheeled off and then there’s the videos of Justin waiting around the Hospital waiting for Ally. All of this could have not been vlogged. It was very strategic how it was shot & then uploaded very fast (to get $$$$ donations). Justin can’t leave to go put money into his overdrawn account but his Parents can? He is too busy trying to get the vlog up to bring money in!

Justin & Ally both knew about the GoFundMe and addressed it in their IG Stories grateful for it. There was never a mention of do not donate or they are going to close it/return the money. Tyler (Justin’s friend) was taking peoples donations to Ally privately thru her Venmo. Who knows how much they have raised so far.

Its obvious over the years Justin appears to be terrible at managing his money and priorities but the art show / buying the art during this time was huge 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩
The audacity lol. I mean part of me feels like his stunted brain is stuck in 1996, thus he didn’t think there was anything wrong with this purchase. Sort of like a child that got allowance $ and immediately blows it all on a video game or something. That would be on par with a kid, not a nearly 40 year old man. 🚩🚩🚩 It’s also creepy.

OutofScope

VIP Member
A lot of work provided insurance is crappy now. $5k+ deductible before they pay a cent for anything outside an annual physical. Sadly if she has chronic illness and or requires more expensive surgeries keeping her destitute on paper and on tax payer funded insurance really is the best option for her even if he gets a regular job.

What work is he qualified for? Fast food worker? Disneyland ride attendant? Call center worker?
Maybe his buddy Bob Gurr can get him a job at Disney in the Imagineer division. Doing maintenance in the Tiki Room.

• Haha

UncleLester

VIP Member
Justin said in a vlog she's on much better insurance than his. So no they likely won't get married until her health issues are resolved. She's likely on a plan paid for with tax money for low or no income people.
Which means Sucker Taxpayers like me are subsidizing her medical costs because her Fiancé would rather be Peter Pan than make a commitment to stop playing “grab ass” for a year and get a traditional job that would give them both great health insurance.

Absolutely disgusting. He’s clearly not a provider or someone that can think beyond himself.

PourTheTee

VIP Member
Road trip update video is out. Very short, only a few minutes. Just wanting to let his viewers know that he stayed a little longer in Kansas to have a friend check out the van. By check out, we see said friend change his oil and tell him the van needs a tune up (which he’s supposedly going to get in another town down the road).
While he was there, he hung out with his buddy for the night.
This doesn’t seem like it was an unplanned stop at all, but why not just say that? Trying to drum up and get more support probably.
“oh no, Justin is having more trouble with the van, let’s send him more money” ?
I’ve seen many of his road trips…it feels like this one is just such a blatant cash grab.

• Heart

VloggerCritic

VIP Member
I used to watch a few RV and van dwellers on YouTube. Am unreliable vehicle can make for interesting content and increased donations from the faithful.

I'm kind of surprised these small attractions let him video inside. Kind of kills the surprise but I suppose it is free advertising.

FLAGirl

Chatty Member
Justin is always in “crisis mode.” Ally’s surgery, paying taxes, broken van, dental issues… we get it. That’s just called dealing with real world problems.

Jotham

I'm a bit late to the party but I'm so glad someone finally made a thread about Justin! I want to like Justin. In fact, I used to be a huge fan of Justin and considered him one of my favorite YouTubers. Not only did he get me into Route 66 and Americana, but his philosophy behind the Quest for Positivity helps me cope a lot with depression and anxiety.

However, I can't bear myself to support his channel anymore given how sketchy he seems. His relationship with Ally has so many red flags. The way he claims to have "rescued" her from her family, the way he constantly comments about how "petite" Ally looks, the way he suddenly met Ally one night and the next thing you know they're in a relationship... there's so many things wrong with the relationship that it's both shocking and disgusting how he's been able to get away with it after all these years. I'm glad to finally have a thread to discuss all of this. Especially since he's disabled comments on his YouTube videos so it's nearly impossible to critique him, given how heavily moderated his Facebook group is.

Also, how is he able to afford all these things? It surprised me how he managed to go on so many trips pre-COVID given that he doesn't seem to have another job. I've always suspected that he gets them as gifts from friends/fans.

• Heart

TheeArgus

He also keeps complaining about being poor but gets flown out by his rich friend to Paris.

I get it if his rich friend paid for everything, but it's still just in poor taste to whine so much about bills and finances then suddenly be in Paris.

His entitlement with stuff like Disneyland Paris is glaring. Some people would kill to visit once and he acts like the mayor and doesn't seem to appreciate how much he gets to visit on the other side of the world. Like when he whined about the Disneyland Paris Hotel not being open so they couldn't stay there like normal.

He also basically just redoes the same exact videos at Disneyland Paris. Literally, go watch any of his videos and it's almost a carbon copy. He has to show the dragon under the castle every time with the same type of dramatic intro. We get it dude.
I'm not convinced his friend even exists. I would not be surprised if he is actually spending on these absurd trips and that is why he's having money problems.

comvom

I really like Justin, especially his Route 66 stuff, but I do see how he can be really annoying. Also the whole fetishization of Ally when he talks about her irks me, the first time I saw her in a video I genuinely thought it was his daughter.

• Haha