Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pomegranate

VIP Member
That’s interesting her followers are commenting. One of the comments above was getting rapid likes and now when you tap you can’t see who the likes are from you can’t see. I think she’s blocked them.
---
That’s interesting her followers are commenting. One of the comments above was getting rapid likes and now when you tap you can’t see who the likes are from you can’t see. I think she’s blocked them.
Ok now comments have definitely gone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Agree that the hairstyle is very ageing but I also think Julia has looked really unwell for a while now, anorexic almost. She has seemed particularly thin throughout this pregnancy.
Her face looks unhealthily thin. I agree. I worry what these influencers do to themselves for the ‘gram.

Does she keep those $800 to $3000+ dresses she wears in her daily looks? Are they promotional gifts from designers to get more sales? That she uses to drive traffic to Amazon?

Last edited:

90sGal

Chatty Member
I’m surprised they’d sell after doing those bizarre and outrageously expensive renovations.
Especially as some of the renovations were just recently. Her family lives close too.

Wonder why and where they are moving to.

sunseeker23333

Am I right in thinking that when she was pregnant she talked about not planning on showing Clem much on IG? I wish she had stuck with that.
I remember that because I was surprised and admired that.
That lasted for about a week?
I think the child privacy caused a bit of friction in her relationship with Rose too, as she's now not showing her daughter (probably by her husband's request) and Julia is doing the opposite, monetizing her before she could even walk. The sad thing is, she doesn't even need to do it for money, I think at this point it's just vanity and having something interesting to show on Instagram because her life has become so desperately boring.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Julia has been touring antique shops in NY area for her birthday with her bestie Gadabout, so I went to Gomi to look at comments. Surprise! - the Berolzheimers have just listed their Mount Pleasant house for almost 8 million dollars! Of course Alice yanked the comments.

It truly is the most horrific decor I have ever seen. Never fear, Julia brought her designer along to help her buy more furniture for wherever they end up.
Oh my golly gosh. Amusingly the Zillow ad has been tagged with 'contemporary design' :LOL: Per the copy the furnishings are available by separate negotiation too. I'm surprised they didn't do a bit more tidying before taking the sales photos - in a bathroom photo there are toothbrushes sitting out, and in another photo there's a printer on the floor.

Pomegranate

VIP Member
I would only dress a baby in lovely cotton, thats gentle and pure but horrible man made fibre dress is just horrid on a young baby.
Net curtains / doily comes to mind. It’s very kitsch looking on a young baby.

snarky mcsnark face

Her face looks so shallow, but her body looks normal to me. It’s either a combination of fatigue+aging+poor makeup+poofy hair or she’s had some very bad work done.
But you can’t see her body it’s always covered?
---
Does she normally post food pics? Is the photo of her dinner meant to prove she does eat?

Last edited:

Now What

Chatty Member
I noticed messy areas too, also Gardening Tom's landscaping at the front of the house seemed feeble. If she just returned from her birthday tour and instantly listed the house, the photos must have been a recent rushed job. Weird.

hollyhocks

Chatty Member
She decorates according to cost, not cohesive design. She’s probably an interior decorator’s dream client.

sunseeker23333

Looks like marketing prop number 2 has been called on duty already, a few weeks old. Better start earning those affiliate commissions.
(I do like the dress, even though she is force-feeding everyone the puke green colour again).

What I don't get is her decorating style. The girl's nursery looks like her grandma is about to move there.
Awful washed-out colours and furniture that looks like it came from an old barn. I'm sure all very expensive.

goldpolkadot

I used to love Julia and I'm thrilled there's a thread for her at last! I agree with the general theme of the previous comments in that her content has become lacklustre. There's no longer any infusion of personality into her fashion, her stories/posts or even her blog, and I now follow her more out of habit than anything else. I'm not sure what happened, but she's become a bland Stepford Wife caricature.

I do like her taste in home decoration, though! (Or her interior designer's taste, whichever it is.)

Reactions: 2

hollyhocks

Chatty Member
The remodel is awful. I thought the floors couldn’t get any worse. Wood floors with a natural stain would look great. Their house has such potential for a nice, cozy home but instead seems so uninviting and try-hard.

Now What

Chatty Member
The Copenhagen/Paris trip has been amazing to watch. Julia and Gadabout really have planned this out to perfection, the most luxurious shops, hotels, restaurants. Money no object! I have to say I enjoyed watching both their stories.

Pomegranate

VIP Member
I've followed her for years and witnessed the change in her.

She obviously has some money behind her to invest in her business and picture perfect home and life.

Like a few other IG influencers she made 'hay whilst the sun shines' as they say! And has done well out of it.

I struggle to understand her demographic, her high end clothes and lifestyle then does ads for amazon and fabletics which I don't for the life of me think she would actually wear.

She has a gorgeous enviable life....one I like seeing.

Though all the flogging of dresses etc does get a little bland
Yes spot on in everything I say. I must admit I like seeing her feed and stories as it’s literally equivalent of flicking through pages of a glossy luxury magazine, but only that.

I wouldn’t swipe or aspire to buy or get anything they Julia is advertising. It’s literally just looking at a life of a perfect American family. I have no idea who her 1.3 K followers are but like you said she’d be off the social media in an instant if it didn’t pay so well.

With that following she probably only needs to do one or two ads and nice bit of cash rolls in.

mindlessness

VIP Member
I know this is a snark page, but I feel compelled to share that I broke down and ordered a Parterre dress recently, and… I love it. Also, shipping is included, and it’s FAST, four or five calendar days. When she first brought out the line I thought the pieces looked overpriced and kind of basic cottage core, but they’ve gotten more interesting recently.

I do want to know why she’s selling the house though, and if she’ll ever look healthy again.
Carry on snarking!
I do really like the look of some of the dresses and the table linens! So no judgement from me! Which dress did you buy? I'm thinking I might get one for next summer.

Pomegranate

VIP Member
His family money, they own a pencil empire. Julia comes from a normal upbringing as far as documented online.
They don't necessarily need to rely on their family money, even influencers with half the size of Julia's following make easily over 6 figures per year, even more if you have your own brand/product.

I work in marketing, and was astonished by the rates. Influencers around 500/700k followers would charge anything between $3k - $5k for a single post, more for stories etc. Imagine how much she's asking + affiliate commission from the gazillion amazon links she's sharing.
That’s interesting. I’m amazed at the rates!!! I never knew this. No wonder they are happy to promote random stuff.

How did she get such a massive following? Is it to do with the fact that she’s been around for a while, but then so has Rosie and other influencers.
I know her feed is ‘pretty’ but very commercial looking.