Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hollyhocks

Chatty Member
She is terrible on stories; she should not do ads there. She does keep her account very professional; everything is purposeful (even the many kid pictures). I get the feeling she wouldn't have a problem deactivating social media tomorrow (except for the paychecks!).

Reactions: 3

QuiteTheChin

But you can’t see her body it’s always covered?
---
Does she normally post food pics? Is the photo of her dinner meant to prove she does eat?
Absolutely agree the photo of that measly portion (of mainly veg) is meant to show that she eats. Yeah Jules looks really sustaining for someone with two toddlers, who exercises daily and is bragging about spending all weekend in the pool 🙄

mindlessness

VIP Member
they have spent so much money doing that house up - it has taken years. why list now??

if they're listing for 8 mill, god knows how much the next place must be
I don't wish this upon anyone but could it be due to a split?

I wonder if they're staying in SC or planning on moving elsewhere? Back to CA?

90sGal

Chatty Member
All quiet on the house selling front....nothing on IG or even Gomi. Wonder why....

Opened a magazine earlier and was faced with this picture! Thought I've seen that before!

I'm assuming it's this years colour scheme for all those 'infleuncers' shared at some 'influencer conference'.

Reminded me of that scene from Devil Wears Prada about the sweater..."and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room... "

Attachments

• Heart
I do really like the look of some of the dresses and the table linens! So no judgement from me! Which dress did you buy? I'm thinking I might get one for next summer.
I got the Brooks dress in Dolce stripe. I think they also use that print in the Owen dress. I really do love it.

• Heart

sunseeker23333

Her stories are beyond ridiculous with those affiliate links. She makes herself look so desperate, under the pretence of curating her collection of 'looks' and 'hand-picked' items. In reality its her assistant doing all of these and posting on a massive scale.

Justcyrious

VIP Member
Her face looks so shallow, but her body looks normal to me. It’s either a combination of fatigue+aging+poor makeup+poofy hair or she’s had some very bad work done.

Bonjour92

VIP Member
Anyone read/post on GOMI?

'Until she announces something herself publicly your posts will continue being removed'

Did you catch the speculation before it was removed?
Can someone post the link to the gomi thread? I can’t find it through Google

Pomegranate

VIP Member
I hope the wallpaper brings the living room together a bit more because at the moment that solid blue is a lot.

I like maximalist/hint of grandmillenial interiors but Julia's home just doesn't work for me 😬
Same quite like some of that classic colonial/ grand millennial style but Julia somehow gets it all wrong.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Am I right in thinking that when she was pregnant she talked about not planning on showing Clem much on IG? I wish she had stuck with that.

Pomegranate

VIP Member
The baby is super cute, but I found it so sad that Julia had to find matching blue and green clothing so that it matches her feed, it makes the baby look like another marketing tool.
Her obsession with those colours and being on-brand is beyond ridiculous.
Her weekly amazon round up are just a parade of puke green outfits, surely her audience must be as sick of it as I am.
I’m surprised she hasn’t called her baby something more green like Sage or Verbena! Perhaps colour yellow will be her next range.
I also think baby is very cute!

hollyhocks

Chatty Member
What I’m puzzled about is also how are 1.3 K people still follow her? Unless all are mega rich there is absolutely nothing relatable about her, her life or the content.

Sorry meant 1.3 M
It's got to be leftovers from the days of mixing high and low fashion and traveling. She used to have interesting content- before the days of thousand-dollar grannie nightgown dresses and endless open-mouth shots. She is so unrelatable now; it's like a caricature account.

90sGal

Chatty Member
I wonder if they’ve finally got rid of the rusty old plant stand they purchased in the UK (maybe at Petersham Nurseries?) then couldn’t cancel when they found out shipping would be astronomical?

It didn’t look elegantly shabby on their veranda; it looked ready for the tip. But it does seem to have inspired at least one item in their Pottery Barn collaboration.

I expect this one:
View attachment 1245052

To be permanently replaced by this:
View attachment 1245054

Oh yes we bought this quaint plant stand in England....rusty old rickety thing!! 🙄🤣

tannat

Why would you buy new furniture for a house you are selling? (Counter chairs?)
I was wondering that myself. I suppose it’s possible that they have been on back order for months, and the order couldn’t be cancelled ( I work in a furniture store that does a lot of higher end custom pieces, and they sometimes take aaaages)

sunseeker23333

She was much more approachable and relatable several years ago, now it's all about dresses that look like they're from the 1600s and amazon links

Side note, how do you create a new thread? I've been wanting to create one on another blogger for a while now...
I used to follow her years ago when she had some travel content, her photography and dress style was beautiful. Even her GMG dresses were really pretty and fitted her so well.
It seems like right after the GMG brand came crashing down under the excuse 'my business partner wanted to scale it and make more profit', she turned like 180 degrees and adopted this middle-aged lady persona. Nothing but blue, green, flowers and Clemson on repeat. She hasn't lost a lot of her audience but her engagement is totally pathetic. I'm not surprised she's still getting brand deals, brands are more about the exposure to the masses than being too fussed about actual sales coming in.

I think what annoys me most about her is the smugness and the overexposure of her daughter, which now will be even more pronounced when she has another cash cow to throw into the mix.

Pomegranate

VIP Member
Anyone seen her latest post? Bikini bottoms that give you a camel toe? Such a unflattering ensemble, I’m so shocked Julia has chosen to post it.

• Haha