Julia Berolzheimer (Gal Meets Glam)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Julia is occasionally mentioned on Rosie Londoner's thread, and now that she's had her second daughter and named her Marigold, it feels right to give her her own thread. Her eldest is called Clementine.

Julia and her husband Thomas live in Charleston & used to live in San Francisco. She has since shifted from wearing and shilling more affordable clothes to wearing expensive clothes and shilling crap on amazon. I believe on other forums it is commonly agreed there is family money helping to supplement their lifestyles on top of the influencer money.

After the closure of their brand 'Gal Meets Glam' they have refocused on over-priced table linens and floral dresses suitable for Charleston photoshoots and not much else!

Reactions: 7
The baby is super cute, but I found it so sad that Julia had to find matching blue and green clothing so that it matches her feed, it makes the baby look like another marketing tool.
Her obsession with those colours and being on-brand is beyond ridiculous.
Her weekly amazon round up are just a parade of puke green outfits, surely her audience must be as sick of it as I am.

Reactions: 5
The baby is super cute, but I found it so sad that Julia had to find matching blue and green clothing so that it matches her feed, it makes the baby look like another marketing tool.
Her obsession with those colours and being on-brand is beyond ridiculous.
Her weekly amazon round up are just a parade of puke green outfits, surely her audience must be as sick of it as I am.
I’m surprised she hasn’t called her baby something more green like Sage or Verbena! Perhaps colour yellow will be her next range.
I also think baby is very cute!

Reactions: 3
Let's see how long it will take before her new marketing baby will start earning affiliate commissions.

I found it absolutely astonishing that these two with so much money still have the need to monetize and compromise their children's privacy in this way.

Let's see how long it will take before her new marketing baby will start earning affiliate commissions.

I found it absolutely astonishing that these two with so much money still have the need to monetize and compromise their children's privacy in this way.
Absolutely! Baby is barely a week old but it’s already making appearance to millions. Next it will be both girls in matching outfits from Julia’s company.
Do we know where their money is coming from?
I get the feeling it’s the husband? But what does he actually do, or is it family money?

Reactions: 1
His family money, they own a pencil empire. Julia comes from a normal upbringing as far as documented online.
They don't necessarily need to rely on their family money, even influencers with half the size of Julia's following make easily over 6 figures per year, even more if you have your own brand/product.

I work in marketing, and was astonished by the rates. Influencers around 500/700k followers would charge anything between $3k - $5k for a single post, more for stories etc. Imagine how much she's asking + affiliate commission from the gazillion amazon links she's sharing.

• Wow
His family money, they own a pencil empire. Julia comes from a normal upbringing as far as documented online.
They don't necessarily need to rely on their family money, even influencers with half the size of Julia's following make easily over 6 figures per year, even more if you have your own brand/product.

I work in marketing, and was astonished by the rates. Influencers around 500/700k followers would charge anything between $3k - $5k for a single post, more for stories etc. Imagine how much she's asking + affiliate commission from the gazillion amazon links she's sharing.
Yes she's for sure earning a bucket load without the family money! But I think early on it helped her get started/gave them some insulation. God I shudder to think of the amazon aff link money she's making.

That’s interesting. I’m amazed at the rates!!! I never knew this. No wonder they are happy to promote random stuff.

How did she get such a massive following? Is it to do with the fact that she’s been around for a while, but then so has Rosie and other influencers.
I know her feed is ‘pretty’ but very commercial looking.

Reactions: 2
Do you think Julia and Rosie Londoner have completely fallen out?
Rosie posted photos crying after their last short meet up and it always seemed a very intense one sided friendship that Rosie valued much more than Julia.

Do you think Julia and Rosie Londoner have completely fallen out?
Rosie posted photos crying after their last short meet up and it always seemed a very intense one sided friendship that Rosie valued much more than Julia.
That’s the impression I’ve got. I think Julia went to some kind of girly weekend straight after that little meet up with Rose. Rosie was posting stories with Julia but there was very little in return. Also like previous posters have pointed out Rosie was going to write a post about the Halloween but it never happened.

So it would be safe to say something happened or maybe it was one of those moments when one has realised they have nothing in common ( apart from Instagram) anymore.

The baby is named Marigold Bee.
I cannot!
It's not like, the worst name? But so twee. Especially compared to their parents names. Imagine the girls in 20 when they're dating
- "Yeah, so my sister is called Marigold and obviously you already know my full name is Clementine"
- "Wow, what are your parents names?"
- "Oh they're Thomas and Julia."

Reactions: 6
She was much more approachable and relatable several years ago, now it's all about dresses that look like they're from the 1600s and amazon links

Side note, how do you create a new thread? I've been wanting to create one on another blogger for a while now...

She was much more approachable and relatable several years ago, now it's all about dresses that look like they're from the 1600s and amazon links

Side note, how do you create a new thread? I've been wanting to create one on another blogger for a while now...
I used to follow her years ago when she had some travel content, her photography and dress style was beautiful. Even her GMG dresses were really pretty and fitted her so well.
It seems like right after the GMG brand came crashing down under the excuse 'my business partner wanted to scale it and make more profit', she turned like 180 degrees and adopted this middle-aged lady persona. Nothing but blue, green, flowers and Clemson on repeat. She hasn't lost a lot of her audience but her engagement is totally pathetic. I'm not surprised she's still getting brand deals, brands are more about the exposure to the masses than being too fussed about actual sales coming in.

I think what annoys me most about her is the smugness and the overexposure of her daughter, which now will be even more pronounced when she has another cash cow to throw into the mix.

Am I right in thinking that when she was pregnant she talked about not planning on showing Clem much on IG? I wish she had stuck with that.

Absolutely not to shame a new mother as she must be totally sleep deprived but I really think her new hairstyle ages her - she was so pretty with longer hair! Don’t understand why she is trying to channel a middle aged housewife!
4B1F72BB-23C8-4E8F-8433-37204FF4A3DA.png

• Wow
Am I right in thinking that when she was pregnant she talked about not planning on showing Clem much on IG? I wish she had stuck with that.
I remember that because I was surprised and admired that.
That lasted for about a week?
I think the child privacy caused a bit of friction in her relationship with Rose too, as she's now not showing her daughter (probably by her husband's request) and Julia is doing the opposite, monetizing her before she could even walk. The sad thing is, she doesn't even need to do it for money, I think at this point it's just vanity and having something interesting to show on Instagram because her life has become so desperately boring.

I have to say Julia looks genuinely happy and beautiful in the last grid photo, so much prettier than her 3 forced poses she does on repeat and looks dead in the eyes.
Sometimes it feels like she doesn't enjoy this influencer job as much as she used to but doesn't want to give up the easy cash grab.

I have to say Julia looks genuinely happy and beautiful in the last grid photo, so much prettier than her 3 forced poses she does on repeat and looks dead in the eyes.
Sometimes it feels like she doesn't enjoy this influencer job as much as she used to but doesn't want to give up the easy cash grab.
Agree! Natural and happy. Hate forced model dead behind eyes, open mouth look. Or her common look is stretched closed mouth and that smug smile.

it’s incredible she is not really having a break. Most new mums reduce online presence at least in that first month or two due to feeding and lack of sleep. I can see with Julia it is business as usual!

Reactions: 4