John Stones #17 Get your tatts out

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ā€œPatient is prescribed 400mg tablets at night. We havenā€™t got 400mg tablets, is it ok to give two 200mg tabletsā€
I have genuinely wondered if this makes a difference? I have a random selection of tablets from when I've changed dose or been given a mix by the chemist, so I try to use them up. Like does it make no difference if I take 100+25, or 5x25...?

Reactions: 4
ā€œPatient is prescribed 400mg tablets at night. We havenā€™t got 400mg tablets, is it ok to give two 200mg tabletsā€
Iā€™m so happy to know that useless questions arenā€™t just my residentsā€™ forte

I have genuinely wondered if this makes a difference? I have a random selection of tablets from when I've changed dose or been given a mix by the chemist, so I try to use them up. Like does it make no difference if I take 100+25, or 5x25...?
It makes no difference, as long as itā€™s from the same manufacturer, the dose just needs to remain the same, how itā€™s out to get her is up to you/us/nurses/doctors etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
No difference at allā€¦ as long as itā€™s the same release

for example some tablets are prolonged release so continue to work throughout the day, so you wouldnā€™t mix them with standard release.
But for example, a 2 x 200mg ibuprofen would be the same as 1 x 400mg

• Heart
my neighbours are being so ducking noisy. Iā€™m not even 30 yet when did I turn into an old woman šŸ‘µšŸ» itā€™s Wednesday night shut the fuckkkk up šŸ™„šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
My dad used to be a charge nurse and he told me he once had to get a doctor to correct a prescription twice - the first time, the dosage was a tenth of what's recommended, and the second time it was ten times what's recommended.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My dad used to be a charge nurse and he told me he once had to get a doctor to correct a prescription twice - the first time, the dosage was a tenth of what's recommended, and the second time it was ten times what's recommended.
yep! Itā€™s madness the prescribing errors i see

my neighbours are being so ducking noisy. Iā€™m not even 30 yet when did I turn into an old woman šŸ‘µšŸ» itā€™s Wednesday night shut the fuckkkk up šŸ™„šŸ˜‚
Bless you! Get banging on the walls!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Doctors arenā€™t infallible, even if they make you think they are. Just humans, like anyone else.

yep! Itā€™s madness the prescribing errors i see

Bless you! Get banging on the walls!
Oldmangossgossgoss is the absolute master of "errrrrm, do you want to give that one another go?" It's how he used to 'help' me with my maths homework.

Hahaha they arenā€™t fighting tonight. These ones are having a bloody street partyšŸ„³
Street party on a Wednesday night is a bit much!

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.