Joe Wicks #4 His ego is bigger than his midget tree

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Their rooms are so strange, not decorated like rooms for young children at all.

i just find their whole lives so bizarre and... Empty. From the way they act, bring up the kids etc even to how their house is.

i don’t get them, despite all the money I don’t envy them one bit. They’re a very odd couple and they just seem sad.
I thought exactly the same about their bedrooms, not one bit childish just bland

Reactions: 6
I don't get the need for Marley to be in his own room, especially in light of his early lonely months when he couldn't see. If they think its going to help with his sleep, I think they might be in for a rude awakening - I admit that I moved my daughter into her own room just shy of 6 months (like 2 weeks, not 2 months like Joe!) but she'd stopped feeding in the night and was only disturbing because she was being woken by myself and my husband. But she was only a few feet away in her room, not on a separate floor of the house! Yet despite sleeping through the first few nights, teething hit hard and we had weeks of nightly wakings of screaming in pain, bringing her back in with us and so on, plus replacing the dummy countless times.

I know others who moved their babies earlier than 6 months BUT they don't have huge followings on a social media platform who are influenced by what they are doing. All the 'you dont need to justify it'. No, you don't need to justify it to yourself if that's the decision you've made. But you do have a responsibility if you are sharing parenting 'advice' that goes against what are guidelines.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Marley’s first night in his cot on a different floor of the house 😱

Well at least he’s not on the mattress on the floor of their bedroom anymore!
Oh my God. I just went and looked at the stories. He shows Marley in his cot sleeping and his cuddly toy is half covering his face?!? I gasped when I saw it. WTF. I do not have children but I thought babies shouldn't sleep with anything to prevent SIDS? Are Joe and Rosie so bleeping clueless? SIDS can happen so fast and they wouldn't know because poor Marley is in another room 😢

Also, they live in such a mess. Even in Marley's room there is stuff all over the floor. To me they live like they're house-broke, like they bought somewhere expensive and now can't afford to furnish it. It's so bizzare.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Unbelievable. He did that Instagram Live with that baby sleep ‘expert’ a week or so ago.

Baby monitors are no substitute for keeping baby close. At four months they still need a care giver in the same room at all times - even for day time naps.

Reactions: 8
Unbelievable. He did that Instagram Live with that baby sleep ‘expert’ a week or so ago.

Baby monitors are no substitute for keeping baby close. At four months they still need a care giver in the same room at all times - even for day time naps.
There was a blogger a few months ago, she is American and I can't recall her name but her baby died from SIDS. They were at her parents and she put the baby down for a nap and then went to check on him and he had died. So heartbreaking, she had also used some kind of SIDS monitor but it failed.

Joe and Rosie just seem so careless.

• Sad
It's so worrying seeing mum's asking for advice on that thread or saying they are doing the same things 😔

Last edited:
  • Sad
There was a blogger a few months ago, she is American and I can't recall her name but her baby died from SIDS. They were at her parents and she put the baby down for a nap and then went to check on him and he had died. So heartbreaking, she had also used some kind of SIDS monitor but it failed.

Joe and Rosie just seem so careless.
That tragedy was actually my first thought when I saw they’re putting him in his own room.

I’m actually quite upset to read all the comments. Feels like every parent is ignoring safe sleep guidelines and applauding the Wickes for doing likewise. What if he really does get a knighthood?

Reactions: 5
Prat. Marley is not even five months old and he’s cast away upstairs.

Reactions: 3
I couldn't sleep if my child was on another floor, even if they are older it just makes me feel uneasy!

I can't tell if Rosie is on Joe's wavelength parenting wise or if she just gets trodden over in his desperation to be the fountain of all parenting knowledge. I can just imagine him sleeping soundly tonight whilst she's sat there staring at the monitor, wishing Marley was still within touching distance. That's honestly the one thing I really missed when we moved my daughter - she was in one of the bedside crib things with the side down and if I woke in the night, I used to reach out and slip my little finger into her hand and feel her squeeze it. As much as I appreciate having better nights now, I honestly miss those moments and if that had been taken away from due to my husband wanting his room back rather than it being a joint decision (albeit led by me suggesting it was the right time), that would have broken me completely.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Well...I'm in bed staring at my 4 month old sleeping in his next2me and I'm just feeling so sorry for little Marley :( it's not just the going into his own room too early thing...its the fact hes always just put in a chair and left, you can see how his face lights up when Joe puts the camera on him as if hes dying for attention. Never see him rolling about playing on the floor on a play mat either. It's so sad :(

Reactions: 9
I’m a fairly chilled parent but my (granted always small so fit in her Moses basket) daughter was 9 months before she was in her own room. That was only because she the cot didn’t fit and she screamed at being cuddled to sleep by then. I was all up for co-sleeping! Had she enjoyed cosleeping, she still would be in my room now at almost 5.

it’s sad that Joe is rushing the baby stage so much. You can’t get it back and having lots of kids doesn’t change that you did a tit job with that specific child

It seems to me that he has a child, and is already focusing on the next one, the next pregnancy, the next baby. He cannot just stop and enjoy them as they are, soak in all of their infancy and instead he just wants to fire out five kids. For what? To say you have five kids? Indie isnt even two yet and dad is already thinking about the THIRD baby.

Reactions: 14
I’m horrified by them putting their poor little bit in his own room so young.

Also, quite confused as to why indie was sat on the floor of her room in the dark with the door shut, when Joe barged in and turned the light on 🤷‍♀️

I don’t have children but I was a bit surprised considering Marley couldn’t see for however long, surely it would be comforting for all of them to be within eyesight of each other

Have to say he does look like such a happier baby since they managed to treat whatever the problem was, the smiles 💗

Reactions: 2
I’m so glad you guys agreed with me on all this. I was so shocked and looked through the comments and no one even mentioned it. :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.