Joe Wicks #4 His ego is bigger than his midget tree

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't normally have too much of an issue with Joe, but reading the first few lines on this page has infuriated me. He talks like being raised on formula from birth and not having "an ounce of breastmilk" is a bad way to be raised nutritionally.
Sorry Joe, some of us don't have that choice, as a father and a man, you should respect that and any woman's decision to feed or not feed their baby, whether their own choice or that it simply cannot happen like in my case.
I am well aware of the health benefits of breastfeeding but it was formula or my baby was starving. So so angry at this and cannot believe whoever advised him thought it would be a good idea to print this....
What's wrong with pasta with a tomato sauce? Omg vegetables with a carb?!?! I forget carbs are illegal

You can add to that, ensures he informs the world that babies who are hard work are like that because their mothers didn't prepare enough for the birth by doing hypnobirthing, and therefore weren't calm enough during labour.
AHH now I know why my baby doesn't like to be put down , prem baby, emergency section and I had sepsis. Thank you Dr joe it all makes sense now why my baby isn't easy.... He's such a prick

Reactions: 13
Argh I used to comment on this page often but I unfollowed him and recently had a browse due to lockdown boredom. I hate criticising parenting but he needs knocking down a peg or two. Who does he think he is with all his crappy weaning and parenting advice?? I hate trying to give advice and I’ve rarely taken any advice from anyone other than cry if you need to and always go for a walk if things get too much.
He is so arrogant. I’m sure he loves his kids but It’s so obvious they get in the way. Can you remember the dirty weekend away they had just having Marley? That’s was awful, especially if he had problems with his sight. His mummy’s scent would have been so
Much more important then. It makes me wanna weep.
Re putting Marley in his own room- maybe it works for them, who knows. My son went in his own room at 5 months, it worked so much better in fact he slept through very soon after as we no longer woke each other up with snoring or rustling around etc. I wouldn’t have wanted him upstairs or too far away, I could just about see his cot from my side of the bed in his room. That was far enough.

However if the reason is he just wants to get down and dirty (the though makes me wanna barf), wait for the kids to be asleep and do it in the lounge???

anyhooo

he needs to jog on re his breastfeeding advice/criticism, that’s personal to every woman and we All have our stories on it. This and his habitual harking on about his successful weaning can really bring another mum or dad down. He is very lucky he has a mild mannered daughter, I have a feeling Marley is not so much. For the love of god Joe, GIVE YA KID SOME FISHFINGERS AND A HUGE SCOOP OF ICECREAM AFTER!!!

sorry for rambling but it’s been a while :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Did he really say this?!
Yeah it was when Indie was just weeks old and he went on the happy mum happy baby podcast. Because Rosie was so calm during the delivery due to preparing with hypnobirthing indie is a really calm kid 🤦🏼‍♀️ I had 2 pretty chilled births and both my girls are absolutely off their heads 😂
When I listened to it I couldn’t believe his parenting wisdom he seemed to think he had when his baby was only weeks old

Reactions: 17
Yeah it was when Indie was just weeks old and he went on the happy mum happy baby podcast. Because Rosie was so calm during the delivery due to preparing with hypnobirthing indie is a really calm kid 🤦🏼‍♀️ I had 2 pretty chilled births and both my girls are absolutely off their heads 😂
When I listened to it I couldn’t believe his parenting wisdom he seemed to think he had when his baby was only weeks old
Oh my God, can't actually believe he said that! I'd a very calm birth too and I've an absolute firecracker 😂 what an idiot he is

Reactions: 6
I think we are all being quite seething here, the poor bloke obviously has significant issues due to the inadequate size of his midget tree 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Thank you so much. People would comment on how well she ate; now she survives on fish fingers, chicken nuggets, peas and sandwich’s (to name a few things!) but she does eat a lot of fruit. Ive come to terms with everything now, plus my daughter is so stubborn she just does her own thing and it’s like arguing with a teenager. I just think he’s being very judgmental and needs to be careful...I really hope Indie goes through a fussy stage, as he calmness will soon go out the window! 🤣

that paragraph makes it sound that if you don’t bf, then your child will only eat crap. Its just not true and it’s setting up some parents to be upset if the ‘joe wicks’ way is not working for them. He is being very irresponsible with all his advice at the moment and it’s pissing me off!
Youre hitting almost all the food groups just in that list and I'm sure she will have dairy in some form. My kid is really fussy too, but I wont change it by stressing and forcing her. You're doing great and you're right, its irresponsible. Keep doing what you're doing .

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I don't normally have too much of an issue with Joe, but reading the first few lines on this page has infuriated me. He talks like being raised on formula from birth and not having "an ounce of breastmilk" is a bad way to be raised nutritionally.
Sorry Joe, some of us don't have that choice, as a father and a man, you should respect that and any woman's decision to feed or not feed their baby, whether their own choice or that it simply cannot happen like in my case.
I am well aware of the health benefits of breastfeeding but it was formula or my baby was starving. So so angry at this and cannot believe whoever advised him thought it would be a good idea to print this....
What a twit. How is this man publishing nutrition books when that isn't even his educated background? Also, how dare he say that about formula. He is going to make many woman feel like tit.
It is laughable how he talks about how he WAS hyperactive...he still is and it is clearly some kind of disorder.

Reactions: 8
Oh my God, can't actually believe he said that! I'd a very calm birth too and I've an absolute firecracker 😂 what an idiot he is
My mum had two not so easy pregnancies and births. I had to be resuscitated after going into shock after being born and my sister came out with her cord round her neck. Yet as babies we were very chilled, hardly ever cried and weren't fussy at all. And we weren't breastfed. But we were fine! Hes such a twit. His poor mum. I hate people who say breastfeeding is the only way to. Especially for those who desperately wanted to be but couldnt due latching problems, low milk production and infections like mastitis. As long as baby is fed and healthy and happy then that's all that matters right?

Reactions: 9
What a load of crap re breastfeeding. My husband was born in 87 and exclusively breastfed, as were his older siblings 🙄 joe wicks wind your neck in got to be a bloody expert on everything!!!
He’s one of them people who always has to be better than you. If you’ve been to Tenerife he’s been to elevenerife - or to Mexico when you’re baby is really young 🤦🏼‍♀️ Don’t even get me started on him moving Marley into his own room so soon
'Elevenerife' 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I didn’t really have an issue until recently either, I had actually thought his wean in 15 account was quite good and Indie the perfect “role model” eater. So I decided to I listen to the podcast that goes along with this book, in particular the fussy eater episode. There he basically quotes this word for word - my 16 month old was formula fed & I also used jars at the start of our weaning journey and honestly the judgement in his voice made me feel like tit about it! that got me thinking about his attitude and I started to look a bit further, that’s when I found this thread. I’m so glad I did! I realise I was comparing myself to someone who was portraying a false image and has no qualifications to preach the way he does and actually I’ve done just fine weaning my son on normal foods!!
Haha sorry bit of a rant but had to get that off my chest!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Curried chickpea sweet potato 🤢 considering she’s eaten none of the chickpeas maybe give the poor thing a bit of cheese....and a normal baked potato

Reactions: 18
Same 🤣🤣🤣

He strikes me as the type that if he could breastfeed the babies himself he would - a bit like that fake tit on Meet the Fockers 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Curried chickpea sweet potato 🤢 considering she’s eaten none of the chickpeas maybe give the poor thing a bit of cheese....and a normal baked potato
thats what those were. i will admit i felt proud of her for not eating what he'd put on top. it looked revolting tbh! can't beat a jacket with cheese and beans!

Reactions: 10
They really need regulations before publishing tripe like this, fed is best and as other comments have said it's very rarely down to the mother's choice but more the situation they are in. Very tricky to breastfeed my first, due to tongue tie, my second much easier as her tongue tie was dealt with immediately.

He has to say he had bad nutrition as a child to fit the brand narrative that lean in 15 keeps you lean - rather than his family genes - they're all naturally wiry built - brother, mother...

James Smith and Bradley Simmonds for me all the way for ANY nutrition and exercise knowledge.

• Heart
I notice he didn't film her eating today, probably as she didn't like it and wanted a normal flipping breakfast

Reactions: 2
I will never get bored of Indie’s underwhelming responses to what they give her.

Joe“is that good indie?! Is it really good?”
Indie: “Hmm”

give the lass some fish fingers and potato smiles and leave her be, Joe.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I will never get bored of Indie’s underwhelming responses to what they give her.

Joe“is that good indie?! Is it really good?”
Indie: “Hmm”

give the lass some fish fingers and potato smiles and leave her be, Joe.
I actually hate him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.