Joe Wicks #4 His ego is bigger than his midget tree

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is shocking. So insulting to his own mother! Although I don’t know why I’m shocked by him anymore...he’d sell his own granny if it increased his ‘popularity’ and gave him something else to flog to the masses.

He just didn’t need to go down this route. I didn’t mind him a couple of years back, the concept of quick, healthy recipes and short workouts from home was good (although he wasn’t the first to do this either of course).
However it started to show what he was about when he started flogging overpriced cookware and supplements with his name on.

Since he’s became a dad he’s become unbearable. A father of less than 2 years and now he wants to share not only what kids should be eating, but his smug and questionable advice on sleeping, settling, breastfeeding, “role modelling” 🙄 Etc.
He could have done something with children’s fitness as we know childhood obesity is an issue...but not being arrogant enough to call it PE, whilst producing hiit workouts that they can’t do whilst asking them quiz questions with answers like Margaret thatcher that they’d never know!!

Overall a half interesting concept that’s got lost in a sea of preaching, smugness, self promotion and venturing in to topics (I.e. breastfeeding) that he reeeeeeally needs to stay out of.

Reactions: 21
What a load of crap re breastfeeding. My husband was born in 87 and exclusively breastfed, as were his older siblings 🙄 joe wicks wind your neck in got to be a bloody expert on everything!!!
He’s one of them people who always has to be better than you. If you’ve been to Tenerife he’s been to elevenerife - or to Mexico when you’re baby is really young 🤦🏼‍♀️ Don’t even get me started on him moving Marley into his own room so soon

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This man doesnt have a clue about women, evidently.

Talks about Rosie's cracked nipples on Insta, constantly talks over her, publicly lusts over her like some massive perv, forces Indie to eat weird ass food, doesn't let her snack if she doesn't want the weird ass food, keeps the weird ass food for her to eat cold later, bashes his Mum for not giving him a good diet, makes the Mums who didnt/couldnt breastfeed feel like shite...wow, not sure there's any part of the female demographic that he hasn't offended 🤔

Reactions: 29
This man doesnt have a clue about women, evidently.

Talks about Rosie's cracked nipples on Insta, constantly talks over her, publicly lusts over her like some massive perv, forces Indie to eat weird ass food, doesn't let her snack if she doesn't want the weird ass food, keeps the weird ass food for her to eat cold later, bashes his Mum for not giving him a good diet, makes the Mums who didnt/couldnt breastfeed feel like shite...wow, not sure there's any part of the female demographic that he hasn't offended 🤔
You can add to that, ensures he informs the world that babies who are hard work are like that because their mothers didn't prepare enough for the birth by doing hypnobirthing, and therefore weren't calm enough during labour.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I read the extract from the book last night and I still don't think I can put into words how disrespectful I found it. The smugness is unreal.

On his grid post today on the weanin15 account - so many people asking about the delivery being delayed due to covid19 and then saying that they are desperate to get the book so they can start weaning. Really? There is so much info online about weaning but you're going to wait for a book to tell you pretty much the same thing?!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I don't normally have too much of an issue with Joe, but reading the first few lines on this page has infuriated me. He talks like being raised on formula from birth and not having "an ounce of breastmilk" is a bad way to be raised nutritionally.
Sorry Joe, some of us don't have that choice, as a father and a man, you should respect that and any woman's decision to feed or not feed their baby, whether their own choice or that it simply cannot happen like in my case.
I am well aware of the health benefits of breastfeeding but it was formula or my baby was starving. So so angry at this and cannot believe whoever advised him thought it would be a good idea to print this....
What a prick. My mum breastfed my siblings and me and we were born in 1974, 79 and 85.

Reactions: 11
It's not just in the book - whenever he mentions Indie spending time with his mum he always says something along the likes of "my mum used to feed me pure tit as a baby so it's so heartwarming to see her feeding Indie proper food now i've educated her 🥰🥰🥰"

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
So by his idiotic logic is Marley going to be less better off because Rosie stopped breastfeeding?! He’s a god damn prick for making that statement about his mum in print! I’m even more furious that his editor let him keep that in the book. Go ahead talk about the benefits and how you’re pleased that Indie and Marley were BF but don’t shame other who can’t or choose not to.

Reactions: 13
That statement has infuriated me, I've sent him a DM (not that it'll make any difference). I can't believe it made it into the book, breastfeeding is such an emotional issue, he shouldn't have gone near it if he couldn't stay neutral.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I read the extract from the book last night and I still don't think I can put into words how disrespectful I found it. The smugness is unreal.

On his grid post today on the weanin15 account - so many people asking about the delivery being delayed due to covid19 and then saying that they are desperate to get the book so they can start weaning. Really? There is so much info online about weaning but you're going to wait for a book to tell you pretty much the same thing?!
as if people haven’t been weaning their kids for millions of years 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don't normally have too much of an issue with Joe, but reading the first few lines on this page has infuriated me. He talks like being raised on formula from birth and not having "an ounce of breastmilk" is a bad way to be raised nutritionally.
Sorry Joe, some of us don't have that choice, as a father and a man, you should respect that and any woman's decision to feed or not feed their baby, whether their own choice or that it simply cannot happen like in my case.
I am well aware of the health benefits of breastfeeding but it was formula or my baby was starving. So so angry at this and cannot believe whoever advised him thought it would be a good idea to print this....
Men having opinions on issues that exclusively affect women are the worst. duck off Joe. I breastfed my kids but like hell would I ever say another baby didnt have a good start nutritionally because they had formula.

Reactions: 26
I’ve been lurking on this and Ingham thread for a while; love reading all your comments but didn’t feel the need to comment until now...

I have no words, what a f**king pr**k. I tried and unfortunately failed to breastfeed both my children. My daughter used to be the best eater, even though I formula fed. You could put anything in front of her and she would eat it! Now age 4, she eats a very limited diet, with a few veggies here and there, but lots of fruit and if I tried to go the whole day with no snacks, she would NOT be impressed! Before the virus hit she was in a day nursery and did afternoons at preschool and she seemed to be thriving!

I also have a 6 month old who struggled to breastfeed.The midwife on my first child was not very understanding and I was worried that she would make me feel like crap the second time around too. Luckily she had a lot of ill health, so I didn’t see her much after his birth. But it’s a very sensitive subject that Joe should not be going ANYWHERE NEAR!

As for that paragraph on his mum; that’s obviously why he won’t let poor Indie snack, or give her sandwiches etc but I can guarantee that 50% of the mums I know have given their children the food he’s mentioned there. Why is he so high and mighty about it, it’s not right as he’s probably making parents feel like crap. My one mum friend loves him and keeps sending me links to Wean in 15, but there’s not a chance in hell I’ll be following his advice.

Finally (Sorry for the long first post) moving poor Marley upstairs already really upset me. WTAF! Our 6mo is still in our room, as he’s our last baby and I feel better when I follow the advice re. SIDS as I was so paranoid on our daughter, that I hardly slept because I kept getting up to check she was breathing. To just stick him upstairs, so he can get his end away with Rosie is horrible. That poor baby must be so confused, especially after all the problems with his sight. I know it’s each to your own when parenting, but he shouldn’t be broadcasting irresponsible advice on his platforms, just for vulnerable parents to read it and make them feel worse!

Sorry again for the long post. Rant over! 😡

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Bet his mother never put him in a handbag so she could drink cocktails though, or fucked off on an all day bender when he was less than a month old and after being poorly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
He is always mugging off his mum. He is happy to take her free childcare though?! He thinks he is better than her and she is beneath him cos she had her kids young! Also what she fed him is what majority of normal people were given as kids! Bet Indie would love a chicken nugget!

Reactions: 24
I’ve been lurking on this and Ingham thread for a while; love reading all your comments but didn’t feel the need to comment until now...

I have no words, what a f**king pr**k. I tried and unfortunately failed to breastfeed both my children. My daughter used to be the best eater, even though I formula fed. You could put anything in front of her and she would eat it! Now age 4, she eats a very limited diet, with a few veggies here and there, but lots of fruit and if I tried to go the whole day with no snacks, she would NOT be impressed! Before the virus hit she was in a day nursery and did afternoons at preschool and she seemed to be thriving!

I also have a 6 month old who struggled to breastfeed.The midwife on my first child was not very understanding and I was worried that she would make me feel like crap the second time around too. Luckily she had a lot of ill health, so I didn’t see her much after his birth. But it’s a very sensitive subject that Joe should not be going ANYWHERE NEAR!

As for that paragraph on his mum; that’s obviously why he won’t let poor Indie snack, or give her sandwiches etc but I can guarantee that 50% of the mums I know have given their children the food he’s mentioned there. Why is he so high and mighty about it, it’s not right as he’s probably making parents feel like crap. My one mum friend loves him and keeps sending me links to Wean in 15, but there’s not a chance in hell I’ll be following his advice.

Finally (Sorry for the long first post) moving poor Marley upstairs already really upset me. WTAF! Our 6mo is still in our room, as he’s our last baby and I feel better when I follow the advice re. SIDS as I was so paranoid on our daughter, that I hardly slept because I kept getting up to check she was breathing. To just stick him upstairs, so he can get his end away with Rosie is horrible. That poor baby must be so confused, especially after all the problems with his sight. I know it’s each to your own when parenting, but he shouldn’t be broadcasting irresponsible advice on his platforms, just for vulnerable parents to read it and make them feel worse!

Sorry again for the long post. Rant over! 😡
Formula feeding your child has no bearing on your ability as a parent. You're obviously you're doing your best for your girl despite her limited diet, and that's what counts. Dont let an obnoxious toad like Joe wicks make you feel any different.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Formula feeding your child has no bearing on your ability as a parent. You're obviously you're doing your best for your girl despite her limited diet, and that's what counts. Dont let an obnoxious toad like Joe wicks make you feel any different.
Thank you so much. People would comment on how well she ate; now she survives on fish fingers, chicken nuggets, peas and sandwich’s (to name a few things!) but she does eat a lot of fruit. Ive come to terms with everything now, plus my daughter is so stubborn she just does her own thing and it’s like arguing with a teenager. I just think he’s being very judgmental and needs to be careful...I really hope Indie goes through a fussy stage, as he calmness will soon go out the window! 🤣

that paragraph makes it sound that if you don’t bf, then your child will only eat crap. Its just not true and it’s setting up some parents to be upset if the ‘joe wicks’ way is not working for them. He is being very irresponsible with all his advice at the moment and it’s pissing me off!

Reactions: 7
You can add to that, ensures he informs the world that babies who are hard work are like that because their mothers didn't prepare enough for the birth by doing hypnobirthing, and therefore weren't calm enough during labour.
Did he really say this?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.