Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cherry198

VIP Member
I think the complete opposite and it’s not even to do with Dianne.I feel he’s changed massively over the past 8 months since doing strictly but in a positive way for the most part.

I think he just needs to seriously think about life outside of/after YouTube and what he wants to do especially career wise as he’s currently stearing a sinking ship and it’s definitly going down it’s just a matter of when.If he wanted to he could drag it out for a couple more years max but I really can’t see him doing that.Out of the whole Brit crew he’s definitly the one that has the greatest opportunity,especially post strictly,to be successful long term.

Reactions: 6

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
I mean, I like Joe, but he won that glitter ball due to his fanbase rather than his dancing didn't he? Every time I read about the tour it was him and Joanne falling over or him dropping her on her head haha... how can you win?!

Yel

Chatty Member
He was up against tyler Oakley and zoella for that award so would be embarrassing if he didn't win.

The nominees were dreamt up by someone hideously out of touch at global, despite them running that we unicorns trashy website ?‍♀

I previously would have said Joe is far too smart and cautious to get engaged so soon, but the way he’s made a full 180, if they do indeed survive the next season of Strictly I can see them getting engaged soon after.

cherry198

VIP Member
So Joe is presenting for Comic Relief. Im really pleased for him and the BBC are loving him at he minute so hopefully he's moving onwards and upwards.

invisibleotter

Chatty Member
I like them both as individual people, but can defiantly see it being hard for them in the long run to maintain a relationship with Dianne away on the road for most of the year.
Do you think Dianne really does have separation anxiety or has she seen how much Zoe plays on her anxiety to get attention and is doing the same.
As if they did stay together I wonder how that would work with Joe and his immediate family living in England and Dianne's living in Australia.

Also, having caught up on Joe's vlogs from the last month, I can't put my finger on it, but there's defiantly something not quite right about them as a couple.

I also though the likes of Dianne being so new to the influencer world would follow the ASA guidelines, but like Zalfie, Joe and the likes of Inthefrow they think their something special and don't need to declare it. If the ASA was more harsher giving out 3 warnings a big fine and then account suspension for a period or something all the influences would be quick to follow the rules.
I agree, I don't think Dianne didn't put ad on the live to be sneaky, as she said a number of time she was working with iconic, my opinion is she doesn't know about the ASA guidelines, if you look at the majority of the strictly dancers instagrams, none of them do ads or gifted.

I would say the BBC will make them aware of it when Strictly starts back, as they won't want the dancers in trouble. It's actually quite surprising the BBC hasn't already informed them about it.

As for Dianne with separation anxiety, I don't think she tries to act like Zoe, all her past relationships have been long distance as in other country's long distance and the fact she has been living with Joe and spent so much time with him she probably does miss him.

I think she does act dumb around Joe, but out of insecurity not for views. Joe likes to feel smart and dominant around her, so she plays to it, cause it seems she's quite unsure of herself when somethings not dancing related. I actually feel quite sorry for her. You can see she is trying to make the best of the relationship, but I think Joe may take advantage of her and use her for views, cooking and sex, it's hard to know if he actually genuinely likes her.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
My problem is, I wanna like them as a couple, I really do, on the surface they seem cute.
But......
This doesn’t feel like joe in a relationship, I 1000% believe he would keep a relationship off screen if it was serious, especially so early on.
I think this is “BBC Joe “ and mainstream media friendly Dianne.
She seems way more into him than he is her ?

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I was talking about the “she’s not good enough for Joe” comments but go off I guess.

Gossip boards also aren’t the place for overly defensive types.
When I said “good enough” it was more in terms of whether she can be the person Joe needs in a relationship, a bit of maturity, some privacy etc. I’m not trying to discredit her or her achievements. I accept in hindsight my wording doesn’t present my point well. And yes it’s fair to say I one sided the point. Because it does leave the point of is Joe “good enough” for Dianne. Is he what she needs in a relationship. I didn’t go into that because I don’t know. I don’t know Dianne beyond Strictly and Joe’s vlogs. I can’t pass comment on that.

So I apologise for my poor wording of my post, it wasn’t my intention to offend, and I certainly did not intend to appear to be misogynistic if that is how it has come across.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Zoe is the architect of her own downfall. So many celebs have crisis points, Zoe’s being the ghost writer scandal, and the advent calendar as the big ones.

Most celebrities move forward from crisis by apologising quickly and quickly doing something else to get the attention on to something positive, or at least away from the crisis point. Zoe just goes dark and it allows the topic to fester and keep the focus. Thus heightens the sense of negativity around her. She needed to do stuff to PR her way out of crisis, she never does.

Her (and Alfie) turning down so much stuff will eventually see brands stop asking them to things an offering them new stuff. Joe takes these opportunities like the films or Strictly and it keeps the ball rolling so to speak. And extends longevity.

JamesKate

Agree the pose is really cringey and seems to be overdone somehow. Joe doesn’t really look natural at all in any of their “couply” photos either.

I think he probably looks washed out cause he doesn’t have the tan anymore. He always kinda looks like that without any color on him lmao. He was starting to gain some muscle on Strictly and seemed to be liking it, I think he should keep it up at the gym as it will help him look less scrawny and ill but I doubt he will
I've just been thinking the same as well. I use to really like Joe as he was one of the few YouTuber's who didn't stage his whole Instagram and vlogs. Now I feel like, since he's got with Dianne everything they do is staged.
Which I don't understand why. Everyone would still love them if they were more natural in instagram/vlogs.

Also if one of his mates was staging there social media with there GF, he would of taken the right piss out of them. I don't know what's changed him, but I feel like he's done a whole 360 since he went on strictly, like he's doing the opposite of everything he said he'd never do in vlogs over the past few years.

I noticed as well Zoe mentioning how she loved to do a trip like New York again with everyone. I wonder how that would work with Dianne added to the mix, as from the trip to Brighton it showed in the vlogs Dianne wouldn't be conforming to Zoe ways anytime soon.

I think he feels like he owes it to his fans to still make videos. He doesn’t want to be one of those people that become too busy and famous and forget the people/place that got them to where they are. Unfortunately for him, you can’t just upload whatever you want whenever you want and keep people happy. You have to be consistent which he can no longer do and probably doesn’t want to do anymore. He should probably just stick to Instagram stories if he still wants to vlog random bits of his day. Unless he gives up all that’s come with doing Strictly, and goes full on back into YT/Sugg Sunday’s, things aren’t going to work well for him. Maybe his gaming channel if he was able to upload weekly. He’s funny enough with his commentary that people watch even if they don’t care for the game. But he’s grown out of regular challenge videos and doesn’t do anything interesting often enough to vlog.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I reckon he'll go on a lot of the tour with her tbh... They also talk about his house and 'our' house now so sounds like they are properly living together which is probably very quick but their relationship is super intense atm from the TV show.

I thought the same with the car - surely they have loaned it to him, so that they get a mention / advertising but I'm not sure how that works and he does seem to have been one of the better ones for saying stuff is an Ad recently.
Yeah, the car should be tagged with #ad even as a loan IMO.

I hope that Joe doesn’t follow Dianne on tour, it will be such terrible content. And he needs to get back to having some independent life that isn’t revolving around Dianne.

Tom Harker

I agree, it's getting boring now. I can't watch his vlogs as I find them embarrassing. It's very uncomfortable to watch. Sickly, toe curling and childish. People of their age are usually married with kids, not naming plants and stuffed toys as children. They need to move on and stop playing Peter Pan. Joe could make a good presenter on tv, so why continue to act up to a 13 year old audience. Sad really?
More and more people their age are choosing not to marry or have children (many less fortunate than Joe or Dianne are still not even living in their own homes), so I think they're a good fit for some of today, but they need to stop with the nauseating nonsense with naming all their plants and stuffed animals. Joe doesn't even do a very good job of keeping this charade going, as he shut down some of Dianne's cooing over that toy sloth.

They're probably afraid to be themselves because they know their real selves are going to be much less palatable for the fantasy shippers, and possibly because their whole relationship is built for the short term anyway. I still say they'd be better off just dropping the act and letting people see them for who they truly are.

cherry198

VIP Member
Agree with others, as much as I like Joe, he has outgrown YouTube. He has been phoning it in for the last 12-18 months. Although, I appreciate he has at least been phoning it in unlike Zalfie who can’t even manage that. He does need to move on from YouTube. TV presenting work represents the best opportunity for him to go mainstream, still make decent money, he can Insta stories of his day if he wants. And maybe just do the occasional video on the side if he wants and has something worth filming, rather than filming and uploading for the sake of it and because it’s his job.
Yeah the past year or so you can just tell he's so done but he has still been making somewhat of an effort unlike Zalfie,Marcus and the crew. I know a lot of people thought he was lazy and whatnot but I just think he was 'lost' and didn't know what he wanted to do. Then strictly happened and that gave his life structure and purpose for the past 6 months and he actually got his head down and worked hard. I actually think he thrives off having a busy schedule and working as part of a team. And you can say what you like about Dianne but that girl has an amazing work ethic and never stops which I think will be a positive influence on Joe. Echoing what everyone else is saying TV presenting seems like a good opportunity for him and the BBC seem to have taken him under their wing so I hope it amounts to something.That along with more voiceover work in animated films/TV shows would also be a good avenue to explore.

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
I mean it was with the other two girls to promote their tour and most likely paid for by the tour organizers. Her being more popular than Zoe is just never gonna happen lol Joe isn’t even bigger than Zoe even now so how could Dianne?
I think Joe probably is bigger than Zoe now...maybe not in her heydey but sorry, she's irrelevant now. Most people I know wouldn't know who 'Zoella' is until you mention the calendar. Everyone knows Joe atm
It's clear you're a Zalfie fangirl from Alfies thread though so that's fine

Alightened

VIP Member
I wish he'd stop hanging around with Mikey Pearce, that guys voice goes right through me. I wonder if he realises he shouts when he speaks. Oli White is no bloody better. A pair of irritating prats???

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
To me Jack is the only truly lazy one who does fuck all. Mikey wakes up early in the morning to work out and then straight to the office all day. Oli is usually always working. Same for Josh, Caspar, and Conor.
Oli is usually working?
Is tasting different flavour Pringles/ branded sweets / insert here classed as working now??

Work wise I’d put the ‘buttercreams’ As Joe and Caspar, then Mikey who does have an actual business and seem to do other stuff, Josh who you can tell actually puts some effort into his videos at least and Oli and Jack dead bottom. When they do bother to release videos they are lazy, and poor.

Reactions: 5
I’m almost positive chippy isn’t anything more “exciting” than a car. He probably hyped it up for the vlog, was excepting to post when he originally said but something behind the scenes happened where he had to wait so now it’s just a let down. To be fair, he really only talked about it once or twice and it was the fangirls who really over hyped it.

Reactions: 5