Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And he's also now dipped below 8.2m on his main channel
I noticed that as well, he's lost just over 27,000 subs in the last 30 days.

I remember the days where every week he would gains loads of new subs and all his videos would get over 1m views in the first 24 hours.

Yet his latest video was one of the best video's he's done in a long time, featured Dianne and has the worst views out of the last few videos's he's filmed. So looks like people are starting move on/get board of Joanne content.

Also Dianne said on Insta stories she thinking of starting a YouTube channel. Which I'm not sure how that will work, as if she starts her own vlogs, Joe won't have any content to fill his vlogs out. So his Vlogging channel will just die even more.

I think Joe needs to realised that even Dianne can't help save his YouTube channels. The best thing would be to just have one YouTube channel and put all the video's he wants to share on that channel and spend more time focusing on other projects.

Reactions: 4
I noticed that as well, he's lost just over 27,000 subs in the last 30 days.

I remember the days where every week he would gains loads of new subs and all his videos would get over 1m views in the first 24 hours.

Yet his latest video was one of the best video's he's done in a long time, featured Dianne and has the worst views out of the last few videos's he's filmed. So looks like people are starting move on/get board of Joanne content.

Also Dianne said on Insta stories she thinking of starting a YouTube channel. Which I'm not sure how that will work, as if she starts her own vlogs, Joe won't have any content to fill his vlogs out. So his Vlogging channel will just die even more.

I think Joe needs to realised that even Dianne can't help save his YouTube channels. The best thing would be to just have one YouTube channel and put all the video's he wants to share on that channel and spend more time focusing on other projects.
His channel,like all the other big names,was on a downward trend pre-strictly anyway and him getting with Dianne was obviously going to boost his views in the immediate aftermath as people were interested in seeing his new gf but inevitably most people are over the hype and have moved on so his views are back on the decline.

If Dianne does start her own channel,Joe will literally have no content for his own vlogs.I liked his latest one but the one with the fluffy duvet was abysmal and this is coming from someone who usually loves his vlogs.His life as it is now and vlogging just dont go together anymore and theres nothing wrong with that but he still keeps filming.The thing is I think Dianne likes the idea of vlogging but shes just filming and lets Joe do everything else.Even if she does learn how to edit etc I feel the novelty of it all would have worn off by the time strictly comes back around.

Yeah my preferred option is that he just pulls the plug on the whole thing but I dont think he has the balls to do that even though its clear he no longer enjoys it.Even if he just stopped vlogging and kept his main channel it would give him more privacy.He seems to be pissed off about people constantly hounding him for vlogs and I dont blame him tbh. I just hope he gets another project that takes his time away from yt so he can focus on something else

Reactions: 3
I think the best option would be to just combine everything onto one channel. That seems to be the route the older youtubers are going for. Marcus, Jim, Caspar, Zoe, and Louise all only upload on one channel now.

Reactions: 4
I think the best option would be to just combine everything onto one channel. That seems to be the route the older youtubers are going for. Marcus, Jim, Caspar, Zoe, and Louise all only upload on one channel now.
I think the idea of having one channel for more thrown together content and a main channel for more cohesive videos and longtime staples (like Sugg Sundays) wasn't a bad idea, and I don't know if combining into one channel would stop the steady subscriber dropoff. What works against him is his personal life has changed so much, clearly much more than he ever anticipated, that it has knocked both channels for a loop. Even if does try to go back to his old video style, pre-Strictly, it may feel forced or be too late to get those fans back.

Reactions: 1
I think the idea of having one channel for more thrown together content and a main channel for more cohesive videos and longtime staples (like Sugg Sundays) wasn't a bad idea, and I don't know if combining into one channel would stop the steady subscriber dropoff. What works against him is his personal life has changed so much, clearly much more than he ever anticipated, that it has knocked both channels for a loop. Even if does try to go back to his old video style, pre-Strictly, it may feel forced or be too late to get those fans back.
I don’t think it will change the subs much (maybe an initial boost as everyone migrates). I just don’t think having two channels makes any sense for him anymore.

I don’t think it will change the subs much (maybe an initial boost as everyone migrates). I just don’t think having two channels makes any sense for him anymore.
I don't think having any channel makes sense for him anymore

Reactions: 2
I don't think having any channel makes sense for him anymore
It does though. Without his channel he can’t do the other things. He’s not doing presenting strictly because he’s that great, his fanbase that is built off of YouTube has a lot to do with it. No YouTube = most fans gone.

It does though. Without his channel he can’t do the other things. He’s not doing presenting strictly because he’s that great, his fanbase that is built off of YouTube has a lot to do with it. No YouTube = most fans gone.
Agreed. And as soon as he has something to promote (currently Diane’s tour) next will be Sugg life as said that was coming back. He’s got a ready made audience. He’s never going to delete it, will just keep it ticking along at bare min until he’s something to shill.

Caspar doesn’t need his, he’s invested in a lot of actual businesses. But keeping his toe in is good for promoting those things.

It’s seems even his fans are over the ‘buttercreams’? (this is a screenshot btw,I am not a ThatcherJoe member)
2804DEB6-196A-4A36-8619-022ECB4B117D.jpeg

He wants a BBC game show hosting job. ?? Ore Oduba got a game show.
Is that one of those videos where they were doing some type of podcast or reading questions from cards? I think I tried to watch one with Joe and Alfie and one of the other men and it was just crude sex talk and profanity. I don't have a problem with either but I don't want to watch it...especially not with Alfie Deyes.

He's just won The Global Awards 2019. He wasn't there to accept it though. He accepted it by video link.

Yel

He was up against tyler Oakley and zoella for that award so would be embarrassing if he didn't win.

The nominees were dreamt up by someone hideously out of touch at global, despite them running that we unicorns trashy website ?‍♀

Reactions: 6
He was up against tyler Oakley and zoella for that award so would be embarrassing if he didn't win.

The nominees were dreamt up by someone hideously out of touch at global, despite them running that we unicorns trashy website ?‍♀
Jesus. It’s like whoever did the nominations hasn’t logged into YouTube since 2016 - they do know there are ‘other’ people than the ‘old gang’ don’t they

He was up against Collen Ballinger,Cardi B,Halsey and Zara Larsson with Collen being the only other actual 'social media star' as the rest are singers,I really didnt expect him to win but the people at capital seem to love him.Its not exactly the oscars but hey ho take what you can get.

Yel

He was up against Collen Ballinger,Cardi B,Halsey and Zara Larsson with Collen being the only other actual 'social media star' as the rest are singers,I really didnt expect him to win but the people at capital seem to love him.Its not exactly the oscars but hey ho take what you can get.
Interesting! They've definitely changed that, I'm sure zoella and Tyler were nominated.

Yes if you check the way back machine Olly white and Conner Maynard along with zoella and Tyler were options people were able to vote for:

Just random calling singers social media stars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.