Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like them both as individual people, but can defiantly see it being hard for them in the long run to maintain a relationship with Dianne away on the road for most of the year.
Do you think Dianne really does have separation anxiety or has she seen how much Zoe plays on her anxiety to get attention and is doing the same.
As if they did stay together I wonder how that would work with Joe and his immediate family living in England and Dianne's living in Australia.

Also, having caught up on Joe's vlogs from the last month, I can't put my finger on it, but there's defiantly something not quite right about them as a couple.

I also though the likes of Dianne being so new to the influencer world would follow the ASA guidelines, but like Zalfie, Joe and the likes of Inthefrow they think their something special and don't need to declare it. If the ASA was more harsher giving out 3 warnings a big fine and then account suspension for a period or something all the influences would be quick to follow the rules.
I agree, I don't think Dianne didn't put ad on the live to be sneaky, as she said a number of time she was working with iconic, my opinion is she doesn't know about the ASA guidelines, if you look at the majority of the strictly dancers instagrams, none of them do ads or gifted.

I would say the BBC will make them aware of it when Strictly starts back, as they won't want the dancers in trouble. It's actually quite surprising the BBC hasn't already informed them about it.

As for Dianne with separation anxiety, I don't think she tries to act like Zoe, all her past relationships have been long distance as in other country's long distance and the fact she has been living with Joe and spent so much time with him she probably does miss him.

I think she does act dumb around Joe, but out of insecurity not for views. Joe likes to feel smart and dominant around her, so she plays to it, cause it seems she's quite unsure of herself when somethings not dancing related. I actually feel quite sorry for her. You can see she is trying to make the best of the relationship, but I think Joe may take advantage of her and use her for views, cooking and sex, it's hard to know if he actually genuinely likes her.

Reactions: 6
On a live there would be no way for her to put “AD” on the screen, which might be a sneaky way brands are trying to get around disclosing. Iconic London are terrible for undislosed ads, the Love Island lot are always shilling their shimmery body tit and not disclosing it. If she said she was working with them, it doesn’t sound to me like she was being shady but just didn’t know the wording. On a live, she should’ve been clear and said “I am being paid for this section of the stream”, as there’s not a way to write AD clearly. But because she’s not an influencer and this is likely her first AD, she probably just didn’t know. And iconic wouldn’t have told her, as I said... shady. I wouldn’t be surprised if they ask influencers not to disclose.

Reactions: 4
Genuinely curious as to how he followed the guidelines? His Instagram stories had a whole evening out at a show and dinner etc which was paid for by them with no mention at all of ad of gifted and I think he even said he didn’t think he should as that wasn’t the bit he was paid to advertise...
Oh swore I saw gifted or ad on all his posts for the trip. Do you have a screenshots? I don’t know how reporting it works, but do you need to provide proof? Possibly why it went nowhere.

Oh swore I saw gifted or ad on all his posts for the trip. Do you have a screenshots? I don’t know how reporting it works, but do you need to provide proof? Possibly why it went nowhere.
Even when he does ad appropriately its always very sneaky,like he tries to hide it.I couldn't give a tit about people doing ads but what I hate is people pretending they're not.Like all that drama over the dubai trip 'this isn't an ad but we have to say ad' well it clearly is then:rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
Even when he does ad appropriately its always very sneaky,like he tries to hide it.I couldn't give a tit about people doing ads but what I hate is people pretending they're not.Like all that drama over the dubai trip 'this isn't an ad but we have to say ad' well it clearly is then:rolleyes:
Lol to be fair that was before the gifted thing. Still makes no sense though, because he complained about having to say ad when it’s more of a gift, but now he complains about having to say gifted too. He can never be pleased. He thinks he should be able to post whatever without disclosing anything.

As for Joe he’s usually good about ads, but in the past he has been sneaky with getting free stuff in exchange for a vlog or Instagram post/story and not disclosing anything.

Reactions: 4
Perhaps he did then but was one of those where he hid it behind his avatar constantly. I honestly don’t remember just remember at the time he was being deliberately evasive

Edit just gone back. Page 27 on thread #2 it’s discussed he was basically hiding it.
I do remember specifically he wasn’t putting ad on the evening out paid for by them either. It’s by the by anyway. He does it plenty. The suit for the Brits for example. Put topshop but not that it was advertising them because he got it free.

Anyway this is Joes thread sorry for railroading it

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I agree, I don't think Dianne didn't put ad on the live to be sneaky, as she said a number of time she was working with iconic, my opinion is she doesn't know about the ASA guidelines, if you look at the majority of the strictly dancers instagrams, none of them do ads or gifted.

I would say the BBC will make them aware of it when Strictly starts back, as they won't want the dancers in trouble. It's actually quite surprising the BBC hasn't already informed them about it.

As for Dianne with separation anxiety, I don't think she tries to act like Zoe, all her past relationships have been long distance as in other country's long distance and the fact she has been living with Joe and spent so much time with him she probably does miss him.

I think she does act dumb around Joe, but out of insecurity not for views. Joe likes to feel smart and dominant around her, so she plays to it, cause it seems she's quite unsure of herself when somethings not dancing related. I actually feel quite sorry for her. You can see she is trying to make the best of the relationship, but I think Joe may take advantage of her and use her for views, cooking and sex, it's hard to know if he actually genuinely likes her.
Dianne isn't as daft as you think and you are giving her major benefit of the doubt. I know you can't put #ad on a live but she could have been more transparent with her choice of words. The whole live stream was dedicated to the ad not just a portion. I'm not against people doing ads at all- go for it! Just follow the rules. Why I know she is not so daft is because she has done sponsored content for them before in the form of posts and a video on her stories which were clearly marked as paid advertorials. Perfectly fine! But it's the whole let me show you how I'm doing my tour make up and not indicating that each an every item she was showing she was sent for free and possibly paid for in return of some positive reviews. She just said at the start that she was working with iconic London so whoever joined later will have missed this. For each item used she should have stated that she was gifted it or whatever and done a disclaimer. Do you really think joe wouldn't have mentioned anything about declaring ads etc when it's such a big deal now. It's not a case of the bbc not telling her, it is up to the brand. Iconic London comes off sneaky anyways so she may not be to blame per say. Just the whole "oh what's in Dianne make up bag". She is influencing who ever watches to buy this instead of something else a person may be usingand it should be clear that this wasn't just a random oh what's in my make up bag and actually paid promotion. Just rubbed me the wrong way as her fans are so guillable and stupid. I was seeing on Twitter the omgs Dianne took the time to show us her make up routine ??. Sorry this is long winded, I just wanted to explain why it irked me. I do like Dianne it's just a build up of so many other influencers being crafty and sneaky that has lead me to be annoyed.

You can actually pin your own comment on your live, but who knows if Dianne knows about that.

Dianne isn't as daft as you think and you are giving her major benefit of the doubt. I know you can't put #ad on a live but she could have been more transparent with her choice of words. The whole live stream was dedicated to the ad not just a portion. I'm not against people doing ads at all- go for it! Just follow the rules. Why I know she is not so daft is because she has done sponsored content for them before in the form of posts and a video on her stories which were clearly marked as paid advertorials. Perfectly fine! But it's the whole let me show you how I'm doing my tour make up and not indicating that each an every item she was showing she was sent for free and possibly paid for in return of some positive reviews. She just said at the start that she was working with iconic London so whoever joined later will have missed this. For each item used she should have stated that she was gifted it or whatever and done a disclaimer. Do you really think joe wouldn't have mentioned anything about declaring ads etc when it's such a big deal now. It's not a case of the bbc not telling her, it is up to the brand. Iconic London comes off sneaky anyways so she may not be to blame per say. Just the whole "oh what's in Dianne make up bag". She is influencing who ever watches to buy this instead of something else a person may be usingand it should be clear that this wasn't just a random oh what's in my make up bag and actually paid promotion. Just rubbed me the wrong way as her fans are so guillable and stupid. I was seeing on Twitter the omgs Dianne took the time to show us her make up routine ??. Sorry this is long winded, I just wanted to explain why it irked me. I do like Dianne it's just a build up of so many other influencers being crafty and sneaky that has lead me to be annoyed.
She's definitely being sneaky. Just acts gormless as usual and hopes her impressionable fans just go out and buy it no matter that they're only kids most of them, and won't be able to afford it. ????

Joe's Instagram followers have dropped from 5.8 million to 5.7 million. I think his die hard fans are bored of his latest content covering dancing, plants and stuff. They'll be moving on to pastures new ???

Joe's Instagram followers have dropped from 5.8 million to 5.7 million. I think his die hard fans are bored of his latest content covering dancing, plants and stuff. They'll be moving on to pastures new ???
He's losing numbers rapidly across all his social media platforms. Don't even mention the views on his gaming videos?. Unfortunately it's not surprising as he really isn't putting the effort in. He could have come back with a tonne of fresh new ideas for his main channel but no, it appears to be the same stale old content. It's a shame because I really thought he was going to come back with high quality videos and a new format.He's already missed a sugg Sunday already so it's not looking too promising. I much prefer his vlogs but even those are just lack lustre filler content of nothingness since coming back from tour. I'm just disapointed, I've watched him for years but he doesn't really seem to give a tit now.

Reactions: 2
He's losing numbers rapidly across all his social media platforms. Don't even mention the views on his gaming videos?. Unfortunately it's not surprising as he really isn't putting the effort in. He could have come back with a tonne of fresh new ideas for his main channel but no, it appears to be the same stale old content. It's a shame because I really thought he was going to come back with high quality videos and a new format.He's already missed a sugg Sunday already so it's not looking too promising. I much prefer his vlogs but even those are just lack lustre filler content of nothingness since coming back from tour. I'm just disapointed, I've watched him for years but he doesn't really seem to give a tit now.
Yes I thought the same. I know he's probably got a lot going on with the BBC that we don't yet know about, and more than likely other stuff that we've yet to find out. He's probably going down a different route now and all his channels are suffering from quality input. Hopefully, he's making the right decisions?

Yes I thought the same. I know he's probably got a lot going on with the BBC that we don't yet know about, and more than likely other stuff that we've yet to find out. He's probably going down a different route now and all his channels are suffering from quality input. Hopefully, he's making the right decisions?
I do think he has other stuff going on that we don’t know about yet as he’s been spotted at the television centre multiple times without him telling us he was there.

We all know what I’m going to say.He should quit whilst he’s ahead,take the jump rather than pushed approach.

Reactions: 2
I agree now is a good time to quit. Before being on Strictly was a good time to quit but now he has more security in things beyond YouTube. I really don’t think he’ll ever announce it though like Mariza did. He’ll just slowly stop posting.

I wonder how well Dianne’s channel is going to do. She’ll obviously have all the Joanne fans but if she sticks with it she could draw in a lot of other people that are interested in dance/Strictly. Being on a huge tv show, touring and going on cruises would be interesting vlog content and she’d probably do a few makeup and haul type videos as well. If she has the time and keeps up with it, I think she might have some success.

I agree now is a good time to quit. Before being on Strictly was a good time to quit but now he has more security in things beyond YouTube. I really don’t think he’ll ever announce it though like Mariza did. He’ll just slowly stop posting.
But I think if he doesn’t upload an announcement type video he’ll just get hounded by minions asked for vlogs but 10x worse than he does already

I know it's early days, but I thought Dianne said in her hello article that Joe would be following her around while she's on the tour. But by the looks of it Joe's only be to one of her shows.
I know he has meetings to attend and some projects he's working on, but surely that doesn't take up all his time up so what dose he spend his days doing that he can't follow Dianne on tour or get one video out a week.

Also did anyone see what Neil Jones posted on Twitter. Do you think Joe will be popping the question anytime soon?

Attachments

I know it's early days, but I thought Dianne said in her hello article that Joe would be following her around while she's on the tour. But by the looks of it Joe's only be to one of her shows.
I know he has meetings to attend and some projects he's working on, but surely that doesn't take up all his time up so what dose he spend his days doing that he can't follow Dianne on tour or get one video out a week.

Also did anyone see what Neil Jones posted on Twitter. Do you think Joe will be popping the question anytime soon?
Neil is just trolling the minions. There’s no way he’d post if that was true.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.