Joe Sugg #7 living in domestic bliss, please don't say you've moved near your sis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People shouldn’t need to see influencers or well known people following rules to decide to do so themselves. They’re just people. Hold a politician to a higher standard but not a tv star. If 14 months into a pandemic you’re following restrictions only because Dianne from Strictly is you need to have a good hard look at yourself.
I don’t think it’s about following rules just because influencers are/aren’t

But it’s very hard to want to stick to the rules when you see influencers and celebs getting away with it left right and centre isn’t it.
They can do what they want, they don’t need to broadcast it.

Not specifically joe and Dianne as to be honest from what they’ve shown they’ve been fine. But this whole pandemic has shown that celebs/rich people can do what they want

Reactions: 3
I don’t think it’s about following rules just because influencers are/aren’t

But it’s very hard to want to stick to the rules when you see influencers and celebs getting away with it left right and centre isn’t it.
They can do what they want, they don’t need to broadcast it.

Not specifically joe and Dianne as to be honest from what they’ve shown they’ve been fine. But this whole pandemic has shown that celebs/rich people can do what they want
We can all decide to ignore restrictions if we do wish to. I know people away on holidays at the moment. They’re doing as they please and certainly aren’t influencers or rich.

The post I replied to implied that Dianne must behave herself because she has a big following. That’s just ridiculous. Why should she be held to any higher standard than the rest of us? People should use their own judgement to decide upon their own actions, not copy what Dianne or anyone else is doing.

Reactions: 4
We can all decide to ignore restrictions if we do wish to. I know people away on holidays at the moment. They’re doing as they please and certainly aren’t influencers or rich.

The post I replied to implied that Dianne must behave herself because she has a big following. That’s just ridiculous. Why should she be held to any higher standard than the rest of us? People should use their own judgement to decide upon their own actions, not copy what Dianne or anyone else is doing.
I think Joe and Dianne ‘behaving’ themselves is down to them being very media savvy and not wanting to upset the balance. Rightly so. As I said. They are the least problematic influencers I’ve seen over the last year

• Heart
I'm sorry but I find all this defending celebrities for not following the rules a bit sickening. My uncle was in hospital for a completely unrelated incident and had been following the rules completely. He still managed to catch covid and died alone without being able to see his family. Yes it's not up to celebrities to show us what to do but if everyone did exactly what we're supposed to instead of having enough and thinking well I'll probably be safe or it won't effect me he might still be here. When especially younger people like their fans see them being stupid they'll question their own behaviour. If you're prepared to take the money you should understand it comes with responsibility.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Also by the very definition of the word influencer do they not influence other people?!

I just find it hilarious they are using the same gazebo !

• Heart
I'm sorry but I find all this defending celebrities for not following the rules a bit sickening. My uncle was in hospital for a completely unrelated incident and had been following the rules completely. He still managed to catch covid and died alone without being able to see his family. Yes it's not up to celebrities to show us what to do but if everyone did exactly what we're supposed to instead of having enough and thinking well I'll probably be safe or it won't effect me he might still be here. When especially younger people like their fans see them being stupid they'll question their own behaviour. If you're prepared to take the money you should understand it comes with responsibility.
I’m sorry to hear about your uncle, genuinely. However I suspect he died too soon because of Covid spreading around hospitals like wildfire (like it did in so many of them), not because of people’s actions outside.

I don’t get the need to act as if Dianne just broke every lockdown rule in existence because she took a video of an empty gazebo. The videos they did have up were all outdoors (scientifically proven to be far safer than indoors).

You mention young people being influenced by her. Do they not have parents to tell them whether or not they can get a gazebo themselves?

Famous people have no more of a responsibility as you or I. It’s silly to expect them to act as poster children for the restrictions and rules. If people really need to look at examples during a pandemic they should not start with you tubers or tv dancers.

J&D have shown themselves to be very considerate of the restrictions. Apparently that’s just “media savvy” but where‘s the proof that they have broken restrictions?

Reactions: 7
I’m sorry to hear about your uncle, genuinely. However I suspect he died too soon because of Covid spreading around hospitals like wildfire (like it did in so many of them), not because of people’s actions outside.

I don’t get the need to act as if Dianne just broke every lockdown rule in existence because she took a video of an empty gazebo. The videos they did have up were all outdoors (scientifically proven to be far safer than indoors).

You mention young people being influenced by her. Do they not have parents to tell them whether or not they can get a gazebo themselves?

Famous people have no more of a responsibility as you or I. It’s silly to expect them to act as poster children for the restrictions and rules. If people really need to look at examples during a pandemic they should not start with you tubers or tv dancers.

J&D have shown themselves to be very considerate of the restrictions. Apparently that’s just “media savvy” but where‘s the proof that they have broken restrictions?
Well for starters Alfie said he saw them 8 weeks ago...

Reactions: 1
Well for starters Alfie said he saw them 8 weeks ago...
Except for the fact that was more than likely a slip of the tongue, as has already been mentioned. Since restrictions changed, the last time Dianne was documented to be with Zoe and Alfie was in August... 8 MONTHS ago. And they supposedly only exchanged Christmas gifts a couple of weeks ago because they haven't seen each other. Not to mention the fact that Alfie said it was only Dianne they hadn't seen and not Joe, because we know that Joe was staying with them for a while when Dianne was at Strictly. Why would a big deal be made out of not seeing Dianne for 8 weeks and not Joe? And the fact that 8 weeks isn't even a long time anyway. I know he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but would Alfie really be stupid enough to purposely expose the fact they've broken the rules? And then would supposedly 'media savvy' Joe and Dianne let him?

Of course Joe and Dianne don't document everything, and they could have secretly been having raging parties with hundreds of people for all we know, but I do genuinely think they've been pretty good at following all the rules. Dianne could have easily gone home for Christmas like Janette did, but she didn't because the rules changed and London was put in tier 4. Even yesterday with having Amy and Nancy over; yes there was a gazebo up, but we never actually saw them in it. All the photos and videos of them were outside. Maybe they did end up in it, who knows, but either way it's not even actually breaking any rules.

Honestly, I just think there's much bigger issues in the world than 3 people supposedly sitting socially distanced in a gazebo outside, tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
They did see Zoe and Alfie 8 weeks ago like Alfie said. It was when they first moved and there’s that picture with both Joe and Dianne in that was clearly taken by someone else😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Except for the fact that was more than likely a slip of the tongue, as has already been mentioned. Since restrictions changed, the last time Dianne was documented to be with Zoe and Alfie was in August... 8 MONTHS ago. And they supposedly only exchanged Christmas gifts a couple of weeks ago because they haven't seen each other. Not to mention the fact that Alfie said it was only Dianne they hadn't seen and not Joe, because we know that Joe was staying with them for a while when Dianne was at Strictly. Why would a big deal be made out of not seeing Dianne for 8 weeks and not Joe? And the fact that 8 weeks isn't even a long time anyway. I know he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but would Alfie really be stupid enough to purposely expose the fact they've broken the rules? And then would supposedly 'media savvy' Joe and Dianne let him?

Of course Joe and Dianne don't document everything, and they could have secretly been having raging parties with hundreds of people for all we know, but I do genuinely think they've been pretty good at following all the rules. Dianne could have easily gone home for Christmas like Janette did, but she didn't because the rules changed and London was put in tier 4. Even yesterday with having Amy and Nancy over; yes there was a gazebo up, but we never actually saw them in it. All the photos and videos of them were outside. Maybe they did end up in it, who knows, but either way it's not even actually breaking any rules.

Honestly, I just think there's much bigger issues in the world than 3 people supposedly sitting socially distanced in a gazebo outside, tbh.
I did say I didn’t actually care if they were breaking the rules but it’s likely they are.

As for would alfie being stupid enough? Seriously? He was stupid enough to pose on an aids memorial and do the £1 video, so yes he absolutely would.

I know there are a lot of joe and Dianne fans on here but come on it doesn’t mean they are perfect. As the above poster said who took the picture of them walking in the woods when they moved?

• Heart
I think the walking in the woods pic could be a tripod, balanced in a tree etc etc.

I don't think they would (especially Joe) be that silly to break the rules for an instagram picture.

If anyone could send me actual literal proof of when they have broken the rules that would be great ???

I think some of the users on here who have hatred of them especially Joe would maybe be better off looking at the threads of the influencers who have actually broke the rules; the evidence is out there.

Reactions: 5
I think the walking in the woods pic could be a tripod, balanced in a tree etc etc.

I don't think they would (especially Joe) be that silly to break the rules for an instagram picture.

If anyone could send me actual literal proof of when they have broken the rules that would be great ???

I think some of the users on here who have hatred of them especially Joe would maybe be better off looking at the threads of the influencers who have actually broke the rules; the evidence is out there.
Hatred is a bit steep. It’s not that deep. 😂

And don’t worry, I think there are a lot of influencers who are way worse and have said so. Have a good evening I’m going back to the Alfie thread way more fun there

• Haha
I'm conscious that at the moment there's a number of people who seem to have a problem about any sort of criticism or pushback about Joe and Dianne's behaviour. Can I please suggest you might find this thread more suitable

This thread always used to be interesting as you could have a genuine moan on a trash thread without being accused of being a bully or hating them. It would be great if we could tone down the minion content. If you need any ideas I'd suggest checking out Alfie's thread.

And don’t worry, I think there are a lot of influencers who are way worse and have said so. Have a good evening I’m going back to the Alfie thread way more fun there
Me too. Everyone there agrees he's a massive twit

Reactions: 6

Yeah that word is for some on here but you have to admit there a few on here who do seem to wait on everything Joe, says, does etc and pounce like there's tomorrow; I mean chill guuuuuyyyyyyyysss lol

I mean I dislike some other influencers on this forum myself but I always measure myself on the actual facts and truth otherwise its gets out of hand. I have defended some influencers I didn't like because facts are facts at the end of the day and some people take one word, glance, joke, outfit whatever that maybe a roll with it.

Anyway carry on........(y)

I think if Alfie did see them 8 weeks ago it was probably nothing more than when they moved in dropping off a few essential food bits which is allowed (my neighbours children have been dropping off stuff off and on for a year now)

Reactions: 1
On second thoughts, if people ate upset by some of the comments mad on here you might want to avoid Alfies thread after all.

Reactions: 4
I'm confused by this thread, and sometimes the Zoe thread. Is the point of these threads not to comment here because you think the subjects of the thread are absolute tossers? Or are these just general comment threads?

• Heart
I'm confused by this thread, and sometimes the Zoe thread. Is the point of these threads not to comment here because you think the subjects of the thread are absolute tossers? Or are these just general comment threads?
My understanding was to comment because they're tossers. Yes you might like some things they do but then go onto the rave thread instead. I'm still getting over the ridiculous two faced behaviour on Zoe's after she announced she was pregnant. Thank god she went back to being a lazy cow so people stopped crying.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.