Joe Sugg #3 Joanne the scammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will reply with my opinion , which again isn't all hate. I think Dianne does it because a) its human nature that it's nice being gushed over and b) I think she generally appreciates her fans and it's a sort of fan lottery . She will repost some fan posts and that's it she's made there life! Mr Sugg however hasn't posted anything on IG for nearly a month. Its seems that now he has waitress and the podcast, his main stream , he doesnt need the stans so has ditched them ,as in not giving them the content ,cute pics etc. Sure he will be back when his other stuff is over but even some of the Twitter fans are beginning to ask questions.
I still don't understand why they say they're "proud" of her for simply doing her job it's not charity she does it because she's paid to do it, I agree she adores being gushed over which is good because she certainly gets a lot of it that's why it's good to have threads like this one that allow for more balanced opinions or for those who aren't fans to have a little vent .

Reactions: 4
I still don't understand why they say they're "proud" of her for simply doing her job it's not charity she does it because she's paid to do it, I agree she adores being gushed over which is good because she certainly gets a lot of it that's why it's good to have threads like this one that allow for more balanced opinions or for those who aren't fans to have a little vent .
Because they are young and know no better.They are their idols and what they do probably has more influence on the fans than their parents etc. Its happened throughout time. Just open to everyone to see on social media. Yes some of the stuff the stans put is cringe but that's looking at it from adult point of view. That's why they and in particular Joe should realise the power and responsibility they have. When he mocks someone with Dyslexia the youngster will think that's ok because their idol does it. Sure every celeb with a young fan base gets the same. Dont want to give away my age but could you imagine what it would be like if social media was around when the Beatles were

Reactions: 3
Say what you want about Dianne but that girl’s got personality😂 I remember when she first appeared in vlogs I was taken aback, she seemed like such a breath of fresh air in that og british gang of youtubers full of boring, bland personalities. Like if you put her beside Alfie, Tanya, Zoe, Poppy or Sean she’s probably the most likeable and fun (granted, not that hard in that horrendous group of people).
Still can’t stand her thickness but you know, gotta give it to her

Reactions: 7
I'm happy to call them out when in my opinion its warranted and voice my opinion but not just criticise for sake of it.
Do appreciate that this isn't a gushing site and people are hear to voice their opinions on what they feel is wrong but reading some of comments have to wonder why some people bother to waste time following them .eg somebody had a whole rant that in recreation dances Joe was to close to her when he jumped over her and there could've been a serious accident! Come on shouldn't the debate been about him releasing these at the same time strictly starts?
Debate and opinion or hate please let me know.
I hope it might clarify matters a little to briefly analyse how these threads have evolved:

The first strand would be the views about influencing, which breaks down into
  1. Joe (Pros and Cons);
  2. Dianne (Pros and Cons);
  3. JOANNE (Pros and Cons)
The second strand inevitably consists of matters outside influencing, and includes anything from family to showbiz to cars, to holidays etc and breaks down into
  1. Joe (Pros and Cons)
  2. Dianne (Pros and Cons)
  3. JOANNE (Pros and Cons)
I have used the noun strand deliberately, because these categories weave into each other ineluctably, and there are many permutations, which is one reason why these threads are, I think, interesting and keep going.

e.g. Eucalyptus in post #909 summed up a lot of frustration here, and you have yourself appeared to articulate exasperation with Joe. Many here have apparently unsubscribed from them both, I unsubscribed from the Sugg side a couple of months ago. I am not interested in his take on gaming, and this particular vid is what finally did it for me:

I do occasionally watch his vids if there are referred to here. Like many other posters here, I am interested in the dark art of influencing and the (mis)behaviour of influencers.

As MeganSnarkle stated, the JOANNE relationship is on public display and has prompted a range of observations from those who think it is a PR fix, to those who query how it works and if it works.

You queried the comments about Sugg in the dance studio, when he executed a potentially dangerous manoeuvre. That was simply an extension of observations about Joe's selfish behaviour and continuing lack of high level skill at dance routines.

I do not believe such observations are 'hate': they are expressions of cynicism engendered by exasperation. This was never a fan thread,- that exists in Rave About: We have never suggested other sugar sweet fan sites should closed, albeit middle aged stans who fawn over JOANNE on such inane sites might not act with the same generosity of spirit towards Tattle. For instance, you cannot be critical on a site like this one. viz in posts '#8563 & #8570. (Perish the thought that an influencer would ever try to breach the ad regs) History does not record if Andy lived to tell the tale.

• Heart
Say what you want about Dianne but that girl’s got personality😂 I remember when she first appeared in vlogs I was taken aback, she seemed like such a breath of fresh air in that og british gang of youtubers full of boring, bland personalities. Like if you put her beside Alfie, Tanya, Zoe, Poppy or Sean she’s probably the most likeable and fun (granted, not that hard in that horrendous group of people).
I agree, she is quite a quirky character and I actually don't get how her and Zoe get on cause they are polar opposites. Bit I think some of the hyper, loud personality is for the camera, as any of interviews like the pros on the one show or on the Sunday, she is very professional and soft spoken, she actually came across better than Joe in Sunday Brunch. She also seems to be one of the quieter pros like Amy, she doesn't seem to look to be at the front in the Clauditorium unlike Janette, AJ and Neil Jobes.

I also have to hand to her that she does get a video up every week, even though she has been on tour, in rehearsals and on the Strictly cruise, how she finds the time to film and edit I don't know. So I give it too her work ethic.

The daftness she puts on is ridiculous, she clearly understands far more than she lets on. She is certainly no genius that's for sure, but I can not believe she is that dim witted or maybe I just don't want to believe it as it really speaks volumes of the society we live in. She mixes up her words and phrases, which you get used to and isn't that grating. It's the videos with Joe that she acts the thickest, and don't know if it's to make him feel smart or she thinks it's cute or she thinks it makes her more relatable to her audience, but is highly irratating.

Reactions: 5
I totally understand why many see Dianne as a breath of fresh air but my gripe is that her content is anything but "fresh" it's basically like Zoella from a decade ago which again would have its place if Di was a nineteen year old showing other kids how she's growing up, first boyfriend, loving mermaids etc but she's a 30yr old woman.
I'm sure Joe has more than directed her to aim her videos at the children who follow her but if that was me I'd want my vlogging to appeal to my peers not to minors ( teens talking to teens I get obviously but thirty something adults kinda need to be a little bit grown up and leave the kids to it maybe ? )

• Heart
I totally understand why many see Dianne as a breath of fresh air but my gripe is that her content is anything but "fresh" it's basically like Zoella from a decade ago which again would have its place if Di was a nineteen year old showing other kids how she's growing up, first boyfriend, loving mermaids etc but she's a 30yr old woman.
I'm sure Joe has more than directed her to aim her videos at the children who follow her but if that was me I'd want my vlogging to appeal to my peers not to minors ( teens talking to teens I get obviously but thirty something adults kinda need to be a little bit grown up and leave the kids to it maybe ? )
I like Dianne. But don’t get me started on this bleeping mermaid obsession. Just because she’s got red hair she’s Ariel. Okay, whatever 🙄🙄

If Dianne wasn’t just taking joes advice to entertain the kids. She’d be doing videos about dance and dance challenges and trying to get kids more into dance etc.

Nile Wilson has done this very well in his area of gymnastics. He blogs but it’s rotated around his sport. He’s now opening gymnastics clubs in his name and will then have businesses up and running by the time he retires from sport. Dianne could have done similar, built up a following and gathered peoples interest in dance and then opened dance schools or classes.

These two are thinking very short term

• Heart
I like Dianne. But don’t get me started on this bleeping mermaid obsession. Just because she’s got red hair she’s Ariel. Okay, whatever 🙄🙄

If Dianne wasn’t just taking joes advice to entertain the kids. She’d be doing videos about dance and dance challenges and trying to get kids more into dance etc.

Nile Wilson has done this very well in his area of gymnastics. He blogs but it’s rotated around his sport. He’s now opening gymnastics clubs in his name and will then have businesses up and running by the time he retires from sport. Dianne could have done similar, built up a following and gathered peoples interest in dance and then opened dance schools or classes.

These two are thinking very short term
Fully agree i LOVE Nile Wilson and your so right if she aimed her content around Dance - fitness for adults, her yoga is amazing, woman's exercise tutorials and health advice I'd love her too !!

Reactions: 4
Fully agree i LOVE Nile Wilson and your so right if she aimed her content around Dance - fitness for adults, her yoga is amazing, woman's exercise tutorials and health advice I'd love her too !!
She needs to get rid of the child and adult up. Although she can’t because even if she does he’ll get a cut of her profits now anyway. She’s been ridiculously stupid tying her relationship in with business

• Haha
She needs to get rid of the child and adult up. Although she can’t because even if she does he’ll get a cut of her profits now anyway. She’s been ridiculously stupid tying her relationship in with business
Wonder who's suggestion it was for her to join his management company, cause I could see her saying to Joe could she sign with Margarvine to help with brand deals and to promote her YouTube, but could also see him saying should join and giving her all the pros and none of the cons.

Also agree, her dance videos even just joke tik-tok ones are quite interesting and her yoga one was quite good, even though Joe was taking the piss throughout it. Her hair dying video was actually quite interesting too. I'd like to see her doing more hair cuts and dying maybe on the other pros, cause when she knows what she's talking about and doing, the stupid act falls away and she comes across quite likeable.

I would say though some of the video content she has put out just stinks of Joe's ideas, as they have worked in the past he thinks they will work for Dianne, but also will keep her views lower than his, can't see him wanting Dianne being more popular on YT. As Dianne didn't even have the app until last year, I would say she taking all the advice Joe gives her without question as to her Joe is the king of YT.

• Sad
Ah just watching Joe’s new car boot sale video and even without doing a couples video (thank god) I feel his content has definitely changed - click bait titles and thumbnails with blacked out objects are such childish bottom of the barell YouTube (bar mr beast who is different).
He used to be better than that.

Reactions: 1
Not sure if this is how you suggest a new thread name but mine would be:

‘While Dianne is dancing, Joe is sat pining’

Reactions: 1
Thread suggestion: Joe Sugg: 'Strictly? Oh yeah I was on that!'

I know it's not very good

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is it just going to be a Joe Sugg thread and I here is going to be a separate thread for Dianne or is it going to be a Joanne thread?

Is it just going to be a Joe Sugg thread and I here is going to be a separate thread for Dianne or is it going to be a Joanne thread?
Since their scamming ventures seem to be together maybe it should be a joint one because tbh Dianne on her own isn't even that bad.

IMG_2505.jpg
Also I saw this the other day and it made me laugh so maybe
Joe Sugg: Dianne Buswell's boyfriend

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Ha didn’t we have a thread for Zoe calling her joe Suggs sister.

Next thread : Dianne Buswell’s boyfriend.

Reactions: 8
It’s worked in the US, the crowd waiting for Colleen and Todrick was insane on her instagram - it was like some major movie premiere
But I get this. Todrick and Colleen both have talent, Collen has all her Miranda fans too that'll come see the show.
They both have worked hard and deserve to be on Broadway. Joe has vlogged for a few years and had a stint on strictly, doesn't compete with Todrick and Colleen.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.