Joe Sugg #2 Dianne Buswell ft. Joe Sugg: A flash In the pan or a trip in Chippy the van

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We literally go round and round in circles on this thread talking about Diannes intelligence and it’s getting boring now,granted there’s not much else happening right now but still🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Don't think her intelligence really comes into it. Do they make each other happy is about the only thing that should matter. Will it last? Who knows...... But they seem to be more of a couple than Zoe and Alfie even in so short a time. Never followed Zoe but she seems to be existing rather than living, it's very sad to see.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think anyone’s really hating on her for how dumb she might seem, people are more just wondering how/why Joe puts up with it/is so into her since he always makes snide remarks and would drag his friends if they had girlfriends who acted the way she does.

I felt this way for a while, but bringing up that he’s taking that jackass Tom to meet the Prince, it reminded me that most of the people he surrounds himself with are pretty darn stupid. I feel Dianne just thinks out loud a little too much, and is a little ditsy as well which isn’t always terrible. I guess I’m just trying to say that she’s no different than anyone else he hangs out with, except for the fact that she seems like a genuinely nice, thoughtful and caring person unlike most of his “mates”.

Reactions: 6
We literally go round and round in circles on this thread talking about Diannes intelligence and it’s getting boring now,granted there’s not much else happening right now but still🙄
Bold coming from a person who has suggested Joe should quit youtube in about 50 posts by now ;). Just kidding.

It's being brought up because her ditzyness is basically coming through in every single video and as soon as she opens her mouth. It confuses people because no, it's not normal to be 30 and don't know anything about anything and not being able to do playground math. Your intelligence is a huge part of you are and it's being reflected in what you say and how you approach things. It's difficult to constatly talk about a person without getting in to those areas.

Seeing as this is also something that clearly seperates them, it's difficult to not bring it up when talking about the potential future of their relationship. And yes, as stated above, it is also interesting to see Joe being accustomed to it, as he has been taking the piss out of people like Dianne before. And sometimes it does seem like he's genuinely done with it, so I'm curious to see how it developes.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The minions are obsessed with them as a couple.
Joe isn’t stupid, he knows if they break up he looses a huge chunk of his audience, and people will loose interest.
Personally I find it hard to buy into them being in love. Their relationship is similar to his relationship with Zoe, sibling banter.
We’ve never seen joe’s “type” but I’d put money on it being your basic blonde Instagram model for now, and long term someone who’s at least mentally on the same level as him.
Maybe she’s putting on an act, if not I can’t see them lasting.
I had to stop watching a few weeks ago because it became painful viewing.

Reactions: 3
The minions are obsessed with them as a couple.
Joe isn’t stupid, he knows if they break up he looses a huge chunk of his audience, and people will loose interest.
Personally I find it hard to buy into them being in love. Their relationship is similar to his relationship with Zoe, sibling banter.
We’ve never seen joe’s “type” but I’d put money on it being your basic blonde Instagram model for now, and long term someone who’s at least mentally on the same level as him.
Maybe she’s putting on an act, if not I can’t see them lasting.
I had to stop watching a few weeks ago because it became painful viewing.
I actually think we have seen his “type” he seems to like dark, big eyed brunettes and will take a little extra weight on a girl if she has big boobs to go with it. Dianne definitely falls into the kind of girls he’s into appearance wise. I think old school Tanya would as well. He’s said his famous crushes are Mila Kunis and Lara Croft, so girls that look like your average versions of them lol. I know he used to be all over the insta girls, but I think that was more just for fun and he knew they wouldn’t be girls he brought home to meet his family.

I also stopped watching. Unsubbed from all his channels and even unfollowed him on insta. I wouldn’t mind coupley pics and such, but they are SO artificial. I’m glad Dianne makes him happy, I don’t have anything against her. I just wish he would have stuck to what he always said and not made his career about his relationship. I’ve said it before, In The Pan is a good idea but it didn’t need to be with Dianne every time. He could have done the Easter episode with Zoe, a baking one with Tanya (or does she live in La now?) a pizza one with Caspar, etc. Dianne could pop in now and then, they could have done a Valentine’s or romantic dinner date one together but we didn’t need a “Joanne” channel. I get it’s what the 12 year olds want...but I feel like he left all of us who have supported him from the beginning in the dust to cater to his new (and likely un lasting) audience.

Reactions: 8
I actually think we have seen his “type” he seems to like dark, big eyed brunettes and will take a little extra weight on a girl if she has big boobs to go with it. Dianne definitely falls into the kind of girls he’s into appearance wise. I think old school Tanya would as well. He’s said his famous crushes are Mila Kunis and Lara Croft, so girls that look like your average versions of them lol. I know he used to be all over the insta girls, but I think that was more just for fun and he knew they wouldn’t be girls he brought home to meet his family.

I also stopped watching. Unsubbed from all his channels and even unfollowed him on insta. I wouldn’t mind coupley pics and such, but they are SO artificial. I’m glad Dianne makes him happy, I don’t have anything against her. I just wish he would have stuck to what he always said and not made his career about his relationship. I’ve said it before, In The Pan is a good idea but it didn’t need to be with Dianne every time. He could have done the Easter episode with Zoe, a baking one with Tanya (or does she live in La now?) a pizza one with Caspar, etc. Dianne could pop in now and then, they could have done a Valentine’s or romantic dinner date one together but we didn’t need a “Joanne” channel. I get it’s what the 12 year olds want...but I feel like he left all of us who have supported him from the beginning in the dust to cater to his new (and likely un lasting) audience.
I think his audience on In The Pan With Joe And Dianne actually consists of more older people now, the one's that had never heard of him before Strictly. They seem to have taken to them both.

I think his audience on In The Pan With Joe And Dianne actually consists of more older people now, the one's that had never heard of him before Strictly. They seem to have taken to them both.
I don’t think so. I think it is satisfying both the very old and very young fan base they have, which is why the views are pretty good.

I don’t think so. I think it is satisfying both the very old and very young fan base they have, which is why the views are pretty good..
That's what I meant. If you read what I said 🤔. Consisting of more older people, which adds to his views

Reactions: 2
Any news on Dianne's creepy uncle? It worries me that I haven't seen anything from Dianne about this and I hate seeing grown creepy men preying on underage girls for attention or worse.
If it was me I would find it pretty important to state how intolerable such behaviour is and disassociate myself from a person like that. And also warn her underage viewers not to engage with such men.

Okay Dianne’s vlog today was adorable and I got a real sweet genuine couple-y vibe from them throughout. I buy into them being in love. Call me soft.

Reactions: 5
I don’t think so. I think it is satisfying both the very old and very young fan base they have, which is why the views are pretty good.
I think that’s a good point,it hits all age groups but for different reasons if that makes sense

Okay Dianne’s vlog today was adorable and I got a real sweet genuine couple-y vibe from them throughout. I buy into them being in love. Call me soft.
Yeah, they are far more of a couple than Zalfie, who just give sibling vibes, while with Joe and Dianne you can actually see the sexual chemistry.

What I find most interesting is how much more comfortable Joe is, especially in the last 2-3 weeks of showing his affection for Dianne. Now he doesn't care about things like filming in bed. While even a month ago he was very conscious about showing anything more than holding hands. Now he is happy to say he loves her and not have it edited out.

Or what struck me most was in his prank video in the clip with Dianne he just automatically pulled her trousers out and her top up. And you could see him take a cheeky glance down her trousers, which you expect from a guy to do with his girlfriend, but for Joe to be so open about his lust and affection to Dianne

Although it's great to see him happy and head over heels, but after years of him vehemently declaring he would never be public with his relationship, its a bit unnerving to see his standpoint on this flip so drastically.

I know Dianne is already known in the media and Joe may have just been bitter and jealous of other youtubers, but this change does make it seem like they are both cashing in on the relationship a bit too much, which sort of gives their videos an air of fakeness to them.

Do you think she sleeps in Byron's old room a lot? She seems to keep all her things in there but in her video today it looked liked only one side of the bed sheets was pulled down and the other side perfectly made. Also other times there has been some IG stories laying on that bed. It's nice she has her own space though especially if she has nowhere else to go.

Athough it's great to see him happy and head over heels, but after years of him vehemently declaring he would never be public with his relationship, its a bit unnerving to see his standpoint on this flip so drastically.
How would he know how he would react as he's never been in love before.

Do you think she sleeps in Byron's old room a lot? She seems to keep all her things in there but in her video today it looked liked only one side of the bed sheets was pulled down and the other side perfectly made. Also other times there has been some IG stories laying on that bed. It's nice she has her own space though especially if she has nowhere else to go.
I don't think she sleeps in there, she obviously uses it as somewhere to store stuff and get showered and do her make-up in the morning. She is always up really early and seems quite noisy, it's probably a thoughtful gesture so as not to disturb Joe. It looks like she uses the room when Joe's working in his office, to chill, watch tv or listen to music. I've seen Joe in there on his Insta, watching tv while waiting for Dianne to get home from a show, it's more cosy than the main room.

I do think a bit of a test is coming this next month though as this tour is a biggie, unlike her own tour, where she came home nearly every night, this one is 5 or 6 nights apart with 1 or 2 days off inbetween. Dianne only has 5 days off all month, one her birthday and one the Chelsea flower show, so they will see very little of each other.

How would he know how he would react as he's never been in love before.
Firstly, we don't know that. He's stated he's cried over a girl before so I definitely think he's been in love.

Secondly, just because you fall in love it doesn't mean you completely change your principles. I don't think all the statements about keeping his lovelife private throughout the years has been all talk, but something he's actually put a lot of thought into and actually gone over the hills to stick to. Even if he's never been in a serious relationship, he should know the gist of it. It's a relationship, not a visit to Mars, he probably knew how things would turn out. And no matter who he's seeing or how much in love he is, it's about privacy and relationship sustainability, things you can make a solid decision on without actually being in the position. You set bounderies as you do with everything in life. Again, principles. You might nudge them a bit when meeting someone, but Joe has done a complete 180. It's odd, and saying "he's in love" is a very lazy way to justify it. I think there's more to it than that.

Is a few weeks apart with some days scattered between really that bad though? I’m pretty sure most couples have done this, and it was more of just hindrance than a test I feel like. They’ll be fine.

It's odd, and saying "he's in love" is a very lazy way to justify it. I think there's more to it than that.
I agree completely, it's very odd. Something had clearly changed and I know we will never know what has changed exactly unless they break up and it comes out then. But as I'm bored I thought I might speculate on what it could be. So would love to read if anyone else can think of what has changed for Joe that he has completely flipped his views.

Joe is clearly getting more and more comfortable with Dianne and I understand that he announced the relationship because Dianne was already in the media and with Strictly over, and him continuing to vlog it was logical for him to want yo include Dianne in these and not have to act like they are just friends, but Joe to go further than this after years of hiding his relationship status is so drastic there has to be a reason behind it.

From Dianne's insta, she was always an oversharer, not just with previous boyfriends, but just in general, so she was always going to share couple pictures and videos on her stories, which I think everyone was expecting when Joe announced they were going out, which although a change in his view point a few couple pictures and Dianne featuring in a minute or 2 of vlogs is perfectly understandable.However, I don't think Dianne changed Joe's views all that much decision, as its clear from videos, that unless it's dance related or naming plants, Joe has the final decision on things. And Joe also views her vlogs before she posts and previously bits have been cut out between Joe's viewing and it being posted.

I think particularly in the last 2-3 weeks, something has happened. Joe's body language in videos has completely changed. He is showing much more possessive behaviour, not in an abusive, controlling way, but like he wants to make it clear to everyone that she's his.

E.G. the Paris vlog was the 1st time he filmed her in bed with him. Him posting the picture of their legs in bed, that really looked like he was trying to prove something. Dianne's yoga video, he purposely stands there and cups her breast. Which as Joe always looks at Dianne's videos before they are posted, he wouldn't have missed that, so was okay for it to be left in. Dianne's most recent vlog were he has her on his lap in his office and says it looks like we're naked and the camera cuts, or at the end in bed we're he keeps telling Dianne to end it, it's so clear he is horny and wants to duck her.

But Joe's most recent video with the cardboard tube was very odd to me, Firstly jump scare pranks on your girl friend are one thing, but to prank her and show it on yt is completely different. I just feel that it is disrespectful. Yeah, Dianne's a good a sport and is chill, but I just feel doing on his mates is one thing, he could do it on Dianne, but not put it on camera for everyone to see. And the way he pulls her trousers and top and is clearly having a good look, is just strange, that he didn't edit it out or cut it to a shorter scene, it seemed he wanted this in his video. Although I didn't like the fact he put his gf in this prank video, what I really noticed was how he included her going up the stairs to change, if had to include Dianne, just cause he wanted more views, he could have stopped filming before this. Yeah it may of been funny for his audience, but it I think he went a bit far, he said I feel bad now, but yet he continued filming. I don't get why he would want clips embarrassing his girlfriend on his videos. I know it was meant maliciously but between him taking every opportunity to look then down her pants and that, it just seemed like Joe's behavior towards Dianne has really changed.

It could be the pro tour that is making him nervous, maybe because Caspar and Ambar are officially moving in together, that he just wants the everyone to know that he is in a relationship now too, as he was always being slagged by the buttercreams before that. Maybe he has been taken comments on videos or posts too personally and feels he has to prove their relationship isn't a showmance. Or as Joe has always been insecure about his masculinity and him being a smaller guy, maybe this makes him feel more masculine. I think they are both in love/lust and clearly get on really well with one another and have fun together, yes some clips in the vlogs and their pics are clearly staged, but a lot of their interaction and chemistry is natural, Dianne's not a great actress, so I don't think she could pull off faking it.

Apologies for the long post, but I'm just quite interested in behavioural psychology and body language. What does everyone else think of Joe's u-turn or has he changed his stance especially in the last month?

Reactions: 7
Very in depth analysis invisible otter👍🏻. Pretty interesting I agree with most of your theories bar the prank one. I didn't see the big deal over it. They are more than comfortable enough with each other for him to be pulling her trousers. I just saw it as a joke, after all he did it to his friends too so it's not like he singled her out. I think she quite enjoys the prank war type juvenile behaviour. I also think that Joe has secretly longed for a YouTube relationship and I'm sure I remember him alluding to it though not transparently. Plus, I think he just really wants to show Dianne off as being "his" as you say. The novelty of it all is still fresh.

I still think he was simply just bitter and jealous, which is why it’s been a 180. His home friends were in long term relationships or getting married. A lot of his YouTube friends were easily getting girlfriends or in long term relationships , meanwhile he was struggling. I actually think he has been longing for the day he could be in a public YouTube relationship.

He is very luck because if he didn’t meet Dianne and have to spend so many hours a day with her I honestly think he would’ve still been single until at least 30.

Joe is very insecure. People say Dianne has upped his confidence, but I don’t see it. He just channels his insecurity into being possessive. I don’t think Dianne minds though. She doesn’t seem that fussed about being around anyone besides Joe, her family, and dance people anyway which isn’t an issue.

I actually think the reason Dianne is never around his friends is his insecurities. She hung out with them once at winter wonderland and hasn’t since...like others have said he is a bit possessive and if he gets threatened by random people on the street and seemingly even Alfie, then it makes sense he wouldn’t want her around the likes of Jack and Conor.

That’s how I feel. I hope it’s not the case, and maybe Dianne just wasn’t feeling it, but I think it’s joe honestly. If it is him, he needs to lighten up. None of your mates want your girlfriend or would do that to you, as messy as they are. Evie and Ambar have gone on multiple vacations with those guys and they’re still in their respected relationships, seemingly going strong.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.