Joe Sugg #2 Dianne Buswell ft. Joe Sugg: A flash In the pan or a trip in Chippy the van

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love how there’s nothing happening so everyone’s resorted to thinking of fantasy situations😂
Easter, innit. :p A little theorycrafting is harmless fun (I hope! :geek: )

You were wondering whether Joe might close up some of his YT channels, so here is a poser: applying the 80/20 rule, such as here or here, I was wondering where you think the top 2 categories of income for Joe currently are, and whether that 20% represent 80% of his income? Or is he too thinly spread? :unsure:

1. Margravine Management
2. YT Gaming channel ad income
3. Thatcher Joe YT ad income and also including Merch and gifts such as the £800.00 sheepskin, or overseas travel
4. Joanne lifestyle ad income- In the Pan etc
5. TV hosting e.g. NYE, The One Show
6. TV appearances e.g. SCD; Saturday Kitchen
7. Voice over work/Radio/Podcasts/Adverts
8. Films/future documentaries
9. Books
10. Roof thatching
I would hazard guess it is #3 and #7 currently. (I am treating SCD as a one-off, though I accept he would have earnt well from that.

Margravine strikes me as a potential sinkhole with London rents and London staff costs. I can see if each client pays 10-15% of their income as the agency commission, that it could add up, but it depends on obtaining successful artists.

Would the book royalties have been worth much? :unsure:

As it is , I can see Joe should only spend 20% of his time on the remaining 80%.

Would your list be the same, or are there forms of income he receives? And what would be you7r assessment for his top 2 categories for current income?

Reactions: 1
Apparently Joe's old side piece Jess fox is missing him and is alluding to it on her Instagram.. Is this true? Do any of you follow her.

Also just had a thought regarding that mad dash to Paris. I don't know anything about visas etc but I was thinking that now dianne has another income coming in, besides her dancing which she would have have as her sole occupation she would have to legally declare it. Now she is making Money on YouTube and as an influencer with brand deals that has to be legally declared as a source of income so she can be taxed appropriately. This is how at least it worked for me when I had a small business on the sidelines.

Brexit isn't going to affect Dianne's visa. Australia is a member of the common wealth, so Brexit will only affect the Europe Strictly Dancer's, like Giovanni, Gorka, Alijaz etc.

On current legislation, I agree with you.

The current government has, however,indicated that new immigration laws may be required, if it survives that long. If we exited on 'No Deal' (even by accident) the one thing we do know is that Mrs May apparently has an obsession about immigration.

Also, Australians can apply for permanent residency/citizenship if they have a grandparent that is originally from the UK.
Thank you for clarifying. :)

As Dianne claims to be half Italian, I guess that leaves her with a chance that at least one of her other 2 grandparents may have emigrated from UK. Last name: Buswell

Last edited:

You were wondering whether Joe might close up some of his YT channels, so here is a poser: applying the 80/20 rule, such as here or here, I was wondering where you think the top 2 categories of income for Joe currently are, and whether that 20% represent 80% of his income? Or is he too thinly spread? :unsure:

1. Margravine Management
3. Thatcher Joe YT ad income and also including Merch and gifts such as the £800.00 sheepskin, or overseas travel
9. Books
10. Roof thatching
I would hazard guess it is #3 and #7 currently. (I am treating SCD as a one-off, though I accept he would have earnt well from that.

Margravine strikes me as a potential sinkhole with London rents and London staff costs. I can see if each client pays 10-15% of their income as the agency commission, that it could add up, but it depends on obtaining successful artists.

As it is , I can see Joe should only spend 20% of his time on the remaining 80%.

Would your list be the same, or are there forms of income he receives? And what would be you7r assessment for his top 2 categories for current income?
Nah I'm fairly certain his primary source of income is combined 4 channels + sponsorship like domino's and stuff he did on instagram. He must've gotten 70-80k for Strictly according to this and extra for the tour and the appearances pay very little and they are too few and far between. The management company is not independent I think they're basically a subsidiary of IMG plus at least 15% commissions from the "talent" I think it'll end up doing fine if they don't mess it up but it's too soon to tell. TV hosting career has just begun but it'll make a proper dent only if he makes it a regular thing, I think generally podcast guests aren't paid anything and he has only done 1 proper voice acting role in a disaster of a film that flopped so we'll see if he gets more opportunities. Merch might be significant (but the site is down so who knows) and book sales must've been high at his peak but I don't think anyone is buying them anymore.

Reactions: 3
On current legislation, I agree with you.

The current government has, however,indicated that new immigration laws may be required, if it survives that long. If we exited on 'No Deal' (even by accident) the one thing we do know is that Mrs May apparently has an obsession about immigration.

Thank you for clarifying. :)

As Dianne claims to be half Italian, I guess that leaves her with a chance that at least one of her other 2 grandparents may have emigrated from UK. Last name: Buswell
Dianne is half Italian through her maternal grandparents. Both her grandda and granny are Italian and emigrated to Australia in their twenty, pretty sure her mother was born and raised in Australia though. Her dad's family have been in Australia for generations, it was in a vlog or insta story she was on the phone to her mum and her grandfather's great grandfather was Joseph Buswell, who did something famous in Western Australia. So she has no grounds to get an English passport, but as she is from a commonwealth country she has a much higher chance of renewing her visa than if she was from Russia or the U.S.

She could be accepted as a uk citizen if she were to marry Joe. Not saying she would or should do that but you do hear a lot about "marriages of convenience" I.e marry someone to get into the uk if you are from outside the uk. So there is always a way around things if someone is desperate!

Apparently Joe's old side piece Jess fox is missing him and is alluding to it on her Instagram.. Is this true? Do any of you follow her.
Don't follow her but do know someone she is friends with, she moved to Australia for a year a couple of months ago, so can't see any reason she would be wanting him back.

As for Visa issues, I work in HR and we employ a few Australians, most come on a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa, you have to be 18-30 and it lasts two years. As Dianne didn't have a sponsor (she was spotted for SCD while working on Gio's show) when she came I assume she was on that visa. When that finishes you can get a Sponsored visa, which usually lasts for 30 months, if you leave your job and don't have another sponsor it is cancelled and you have to leave the country.

I think Dianne was on this type of Visa as even if you have a Sponsored Visa, you must leave the country on your Tier 5 as it's due to expire and return on your new one. She also posted a pic of her and her dad a couple of days after the Paris trip saying it was taken just before she came to the UK in 2017, so the dates tally up.

Our employee's usually apply for a second sponsored Visa (30 months) and then six month's in apply for settled status, as you need to have lived here for 5 years.

Reactions: 4
grandfather's great grandfather was Joseph Buswell, who did something famous in Western Australia.
I’m from Western Australia and have never heard of a Joseph Buswell, a Google search reveals that a Joseph Buswell arrived in Western Australia as a convict on the Stag in 1855. Famous in their family perhaps, Australians with convict ancestors are proud of their heritage. There is a street in Bunbury named for him though, so maybe he did do something worthwhile after he served his time.

Last edited:

1. Margravine Management
9. Books
10. Roof thatching

His biggest income will be from ads and appearances I'd say - someone I know in PR told me that gleamers wanted 10-15k for an hours appearance - I know he's not in Gleam anymore but advertisers will be paying him a lot per post etc

Strictly wouldn't have paid well, I'm sure I read the Celebs basically get about 15k - which yes is a lot of money but not really as its like 3 months solid work 7 days a week and takes you away from other commitments too

Reactions: 2
His biggest income will be from ads and appearances I'd say - someone I know in PR told me that gleamers wanted 10-15k for an hours appearance - I know he's not in Gleam anymore but advertisers will be paying him a lot per post etc

Strictly wouldn't have paid well, I'm sure I read the Celebs basically get about 15k - which yes is a lot of money but not really as its like 3 months solid work 7 days a week and takes you away from other commitments too
Strictly was £25k basic I believe, he would’ve got more for the tour. So maybe double that I don’t know how lucrative the tour is for the celebs.

YT is still his main earnings, ads, the value of freebies etc.

He and Dianne will presumably get a nice 5 figure fee for doing the Chewton Glen Treehouse appearance at Chelsea.

In time I think his Margravine could make him and Caspar (and IMG) some decent money, but these things take time. Most businesses lose money to begin with, but it is a relatively easy business to get to profitability, because costs are only really a little office and staff. It won’t need many staff right now, they just need to get the talent numbers up to get profitable.

Reactions: 3

1. Margravine Management
9. Books
10. Roof thatching

lol at Roof Thatching

He's top 2 is probably some kind of investment income, rental income and ad income

Unless he starts investing in really bad business stuff, he's probably fine.

And at least he's busy and trying all sort of things, unlike his sister. I've watched In-the-pan, I like how Dianne isn't just acting all dumb and stroking his ego and is quite aggressive. I don't see them getting married though.

Joe isn’t really doing anything that far off from Zoe imo. Main thing separating what they do seems to be interests.

Anyway,

Her style will always confuse me...

• Sick
Reactions: 5
He has a financial advisor and I’m sure has made investments so is probably relatively financially secure.

Joe isn’t really doing anything that far off from Zoe imo. Main thing separating what they do seems to be interests.

Anyway,

Her style will always confuse me...
This is the first time I’ve seen them looking like a couple that makes sense.

I agree, they actually look like a romantic couple not just mates in these photos, but has also become far more open and comfortable on Social Media and videos recently too.

Like the picture he posted of their legs while in bed or in Dianne's yoga video he purposely touches her boob. Not big things in most relationships. But it is a huge step for Joe and one I highly doubted he would make, as he clearly isn't into PDA or showing a lot of affection.

For all the cringe teenage behaviour that pair show, it really seems like Dianne has done a lot for Joe's confidence and even if the relationship doesn't last, it's nice to see him happy and enjoying himself, as before Strictly he just seemed like had lost a lot of his vibrancy and his fun, which he is starting to get back again.

Reactions: 6
I agree, they actually look like a romantic couple not just mates in these photos, but has also become far more open and comfortable on Social Media and videos recently too.

Like the picture he posted of their legs while in bed or in Dianne's yoga video he purposely touches her boob. Not big things in most relationships. But it is a huge step for Joe and one I highly doubted he would make, as he clearly isn't into PDA or showing a lot of affection.

For all the cringe teenage behaviour that pair show, it really seems like Dianne has done a lot for Joe's confidence and even if the relationship doesn't last, it's nice to see him happy and enjoying himself, as before Strictly he just seemed like had lost a lot of his vibrancy and his fun, which he is starting to get back again.
I know people have differing opinions on them but one of the reasons why I like them so much together is that I think they bring out the best in each other.Like you said Joes always lacked confidence and she’s certainly increased that and I think diannes actually deeply insecure and lacks a bit of self confidence as well and when she’s in big groups she’s actually one of the quieter ones.

Yeah, I thought this. Usually look like mum and son to me 😭😂 but I really wish he and Zoe would stop with the fake glasses. Seems a bit daft having a selection of different non prescription glasses to go with each outfit and a bit pretentious too.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I thought this. Usually look like mum and son to me 😭😂 but I really wish he and Zoe would stop with the fake glasses. Seems a bit daft having a selection of different non prescription glasses to go with each outfit and a bit pretentious too.
I thought they were prescription because Joe only wears them when he's sitting at home or when he goes to shows. So he could just wear contacts most of the time.

But I have no idea, if they're not prescription then its just hipster and ridiculous.

I thought they were prescription because Joe only wears them when he's sitting at home or when he goes to shows. So he could just wear contacts most of the time.

But I have no idea, if they're not prescription then its just hipster and ridiculous.
They’re not prescription. Dianne wears them sometimes.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.