Joe Sugg #2 Dianne Buswell ft. Joe Sugg: A flash In the pan or a trip in Chippy the van

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re not prescription, but I think he wears them to cover his dark circles and any acne he might have more than he does to be hipster or whatever. Same with Zoe. Like when girls don’t have any makeup on and wear giant sunglasses to cover their face.

Reactions: 1
Or he keeps wearing them cause he thinks it makes him look closer in age to his girlfriend. But yes, I guess it works, cause atleast it doesn't look like he's out with his mom this time, just a slightly older sister.

That animal print skirt in combination with red hair, fake tan and botox really isn't doing Dianne any good in terms of ageing. She's a pretty girl with a banging body, so it's quite a shame to see what bad taste can do to someone.

Reactions: 4
They’re not prescription, but I think he wears them to cover his dark circles and any acne he might have more than he does to be hipster or whatever. Same with Zoe. Like when girls don’t have any makeup on and wear giant sunglasses to cover their face.
I have terrible dark circles from being ill and also blessed with a bit of hormonal acne too so I best get onto Ray Ban for some overpriced non prescriptive glasses. Maybe some Deirdre Barlow 80s style like Zoe. That'll help.

I may be in the minority here but I actually think red hair looks best on Dianne. Maybe a darker red would be better but it suits her well. While I agree that Joe seems more confident because of Dianne, I wonder if Dianne is becoming more insecure because of Joe. Joe likes to appear smart at the expense of others. Dianne is not the brightest person since her life mostly revolves around dance (I have a friend who is a dancer and she is the same way). I just hope she doesn’t take things too personally because it doesn’t matter how old you are, when you are insecure you can become very sensitive. Also, regarding Dianne’s biological clock, she is a dancer so I can’t imagine she is in any hurry to have children. I hope I am making sense…I am a little sleep deprived at the moment.

I may be in the minority here but I actually think red hair looks best on Dianne. Maybe a darker red would be better but it suits her well. While I agree that Joe seems more confident because of Dianne, I wonder if Dianne is becoming more insecure because of Joe. Joe likes to appear smart at the expense of others. Dianne is not the brightest person since her life mostly revolves around dance (I have a friend who is a dancer and she is the same way). I just hope she doesn’t take things too personally because it doesn’t matter how old you are, when you are insecure you can become very sensitive. Also, regarding Dianne’s biological clock, she is a dancer so I can’t imagine she is in any hurry to have children. I hope I am making sense…I am a little sleep deprived at the moment.
Red does look better, but a darker one as you say. Ronald McDonald clown red is aging and harsh but probably better for her as a performer, to stand out on stage. The red hair has become her brand and she knows it, which may have inspired her going brighter and brighter with it. I've scrolled way back on her insta before out of boredem and curiosity and she has had some terrible mullet like hairstyles before and dyed harsh black. Also weirdly though she is younger in those old insta pics she looks older than she is now and her Botox and filler is evident but has worked wonders for her. She looks like someone who has spent a lot of time in the sun without sun screen as she has signs of premature aging which would be more obvious had she not had those subtle cosmetic enhancements. Good for her. Nothing against cosmetic enhancements.

I don't think it's fair to paint Joe is an abusive light - which you may have done unintentionally- I don't know. She seems to have a thick skin and is able to joke around. Whilst Joe does like to go on an ego trip we don't see their personal, intimate, loving moments. This is the time were I'm sure they both act their age and speak together on an adult level. I'm sure if there is any insecurity this will be where joe reassures her. We all get the impression that Joe likes to be in control but away from everyone when it's just him and dianne cuddling or whatever there will be very much a softer side to him that we know nothing about. As it should be. I don't think dianne is in a hurry to have kids right now especially since she is in the absolute prime of her career. Strictly come dancing is not an opportunity to throw away and I would assume it is the dream job for a lot of professionals out there and has given dianne her big break. Hopefully she will get a few more contracts but if not, she may decide that it's time to have children. However when a woman decides/ can decide to have children is her business. I assume she can as she had made jokes about kids names before but some women (like myself) have fertility issues and it's the most hurtful thing when someone asks/demands to know why you haven't had kids yet :(. It's easy for some and not for others so it always helps to be respectful and sensitive around these topics. Not to assume just because someone is a woman that they can just pop one out,

Wow I really have rambled 😂😫

I saw that her brother is coming to visit them in July. I remember her parents and brother meeting her ex Anthony last year 😶😅

Reactions: 2
I agree I don't think Joe puts Dianne down intentionally, I think he has found it hard adjusting to the fact she is not an insta model fling who is using him or she not one of the buttercream. I think he has been trying over the last few weeks not to put her down and to show her more affection.

But like in the Easter In the Pan, he said Diane was in charge as she has done more baking, clearly he wanted to show is audience a different side of Dianne and wanted to give her a chance to shine, but some of the comments about her are just horrible.

I think Joe has yet to reach a happy medium on his channels of not treating Dianne like one of the buttercreams, being able to have fun with her, but also have his audience accept her.

Joe seems very protective over Dianne. So I would say the comments on in the pan may have annoyed him and although 4 more are already filmed, if they film more I would say he is going to put a different spin on it, so Dianne won't receive as much critism or backlash.

As for her parents meeting Anthony last year, well that's in the past. They had already broken up like twice at this point and only saw each other once a fortnight if even. I think the relationship with Joe is more stable. Dianne may not be as intelligent as Joe, they may have completely different different interests, but they both seem to be happy and enjoying spending time together. We don't know what goes once the camera turns off, but it is nice to see a spark in Joe again, which he had lost until Strictly.

Red does look better, but a darker one as you say. Ronald McDonald clown red is aging and harsh but probably better for her as a performer, to stand out on stage. The red hair has become her brand and she knows it, which may have inspired her going brighter and brighter with it. I've scrolled way back on her insta before out of boredem and curiosity and she has had some terrible mullet like hairstyles before and dyed harsh black. Also weirdly though she is younger in those old insta pics she looks older than she is now and her Botox and filler is evident but has worked wonders for her. She looks like someone who has spent a lot of time in the sun without sun screen as she has signs of premature aging which would be more obvious had she not had those subtle cosmetic enhancements. Good for her. Nothing against cosmetic enhancements.

I don't think it's fair to paint Joe is an abusive light - which you may have done unintentionally- I don't know. She seems to have a thick skin and is able to joke around. Whilst Joe does like to go on an ego trip we don't see their personal, intimate, loving moments. This is the time were I'm sure they both act their age and speak together on an adult level. I'm sure if there is any insecurity this will be where joe reassures her. We all get the impression that Joe likes to be in control but away from everyone when it's just him and dianne cuddling or whatever there will be very much a softer side to him that we know nothing about. As it should be. I don't think dianne is in a hurry to have kids right now especially since she is in the absolute prime of her career. Strictly come dancing is not an opportunity to throw away and I would assume it is the dream job for a lot of professionals out there and has given dianne her big break. Hopefully she will get a few more contracts but if not, she may decide that it's time to have children. However when a woman decides/ can decide to have children is her business. I assume she can as she had made jokes about kids names before but some women (like myself) have fertility issues and it's the most hurtful thing when someone asks/demands to know why you haven't had kids yet :(. It's easy for some and not for others so it always helps to be respectful and sensitive around these topics. Not to assume just because someone is a woman that they can just pop one out,

Wow I really have rambled 😂😫

I saw that her brother is coming to visit them in July. I remember her parents and brother meeting her ex Anthony last year 😶😅
I definitely did not mean to paint Joe in an abusive light. I guess I meant that he may not realize that his jokes might feed some insecurities. I'm probably not giving Dianne enough credit. She isn't some delicate flower. I also agree that we don't see their more intimate moments and Joe is probably playing up to the camera when he is joking around. I am very sorry to hear of your fertility issues. I also agree that people should not expect women to have children once they reach a certain age.

I only ever appear to ask questions it seems. I’m guessing the buttercream are Joe’s friends but why are they called that? Is there any meaning behind the name?

She looks like someone who has spent a lot of time in the sun without sun screen
She probably did ... a lot ... growing up in a beachside town does that to an Aussie kid (heck, even not growing up in a beachside town does that to an Aussie). Our summers are harsh, sometimes getting up to 45C, and on very rare occasions going over this temp - you can bet that there were times she slipped away as a kid to go swimming before her mum could apply sunscreen, like most Aussie kids do. And most Aussie teen girls love a bit of sunbathing, unless they’re the type to burn (like me). Being sun smart comes with age 😊.

I definitely did not mean to paint Joe in an abusive light. I guess I meant that he may not realize that his jokes might feed some insecurities. I'm probably not giving Dianne enough credit. She isn't some delicate flower. I also agree that we don't see their more intimate moments and Joe is probably playing up to the camera when he is joking around. I am very sorry to hear of your fertility issues. I also agree that people should not expect women to have children once they reach a certain age.
Yeah true, I do feel like he may lack some self awareness at times regarding his jokes. Dianne is very self sufficient but the minions on Twitter and Instagram make out like Joe is her carer and she can't do anything for her self. They really do treat her like she is some dumb ass child which I can't help but roll my eyes at. She may be a bit dim but she has more life experience than these daft minions that are babying her. I wonder if she will ever address her dyslexia or if she even has it in the first place? Some people just aren't intelligent and that's that lol.

I only ever appear to ask questions it seems. I’m guessing the buttercream are Joe’s friends but why are they called that? Is there any meaning behind the name?
Just going by memory but I think I recall joe saying that Connor came up with it and it's from some old movie. I may be waaay off though but for some reason I feel as if I remember hearing that somewhere and I don't know where.😅

Yeah true, I do feel like he may lack some self awareness at times regarding his jokes. Dianne is very self sufficient but the minions on Twitter and Instagram make out like Joe is her carer and she can't do anything for her self. They really do treat her like she is some dumb ass child which I can't help but roll my eyes at. She may be a bit dim but she has more life experience than these daft minions that are babying her. I wonder if she will ever address her dyslexia or if she even has it in the first place? Some people just aren't intelligent and that's that lol.
I think some of Joe's jokes were taking to heart, because in some his thatcher joe videos or in the pan videos, she has gotten much quite and when joe is talking she tends to look at the floor. I think it really shows that, even though she is hot and has a successful career, that she still is quite insecure, which quite sad really.

I think the Minions are ridiculous, during the strictly tour they basically started tarnishing Giovanni s name and saying that he sexually assaulted Dianne because he tapped her ass, when joe and dianne won a show. Dianne and Gio have been friends for years and she was his dance partner on his first own show. Also the dancers are very tactile and things like that don't mean mean anything more to them than as friends. But the Minions went bananas over it to the point they were at the hotel saying abusive things to him asking for pictures where they just frowned. They took it way too far.

I also feel Joe has changed the way he treats Dianne in vlogs since then. You can see he's trying not to act so worried or treat her like she is made of glass. Joe has been around long enough to know that if he mollicoddles Dianne on camera, the Minions will do the same but will go overboard, so especially in the Finland vlogs rather than try stop her climbing up a mountain of snow or not throw snowballs at her, he did it maybe to try get the Minions to see she is a woman well able to look after herself.

Just going by memory but I think I recall joe saying that Connor came up with it and it's from some old movie. I may be waaay off though but for some reason I feel as if I remember hearing that somewhere and I don't know where.😅
Yeah I vaguely remember that it had to do with an old movie the Maynard used to watch and they changed their whatsapp group chat to the buttercream gang after Conor said they were like this gang after a bike a ride. It just sort of stuck after that.

lol at Roof Thatching

He's top 2 is probably some kind of investment income, rental income and ad income

Unless he starts investing in really bad business stuff, he's probably fine.

And at least he's busy and trying all sort of things, unlike his sister. I've watched In-the-pan, I like how Dianne isn't just acting all dumb and stroking his ego and is quite aggressive. I don't see them getting married though.
:D Changed the list to take account of your perceptive observations. ;)

1.Income from investments including any rental income
2. YT Gaming channel ad income/Thatcher Joe YT ad income and also including Merch and gifts such as the £800.00 sheepskin, or overseas travel
3. IG Ad income and sponsor gifts
4. Margravine Management Limited
5. Joanne lifestyle ad income- In the Pan etc
6. TV hosting e.g. NYE, The One Show
7. TV appearances e.g. SCD; Saturday Kitchen
8. Voice over work/Radio/Podcasts/Adverts
9. Films
10. Books

The revised list shows the top 4 likely main regular income sources. Some of the YT views may be on the decline, but as long they produce an income, they cannot be ignored.

I have relegated Roof Thatching from the to join Singing.

Margravine is indeed shared with IMG 30/35/35 , so I guess IMG are finding their way into the YT world and may eventually buy out Messrs Lee and Sugg? That would seem to accord with Casper Lee';s stated objective of being an entrepreneur.

Please feel free to disagree and/or produce an alternative list.

Last year's accounts for Joe's own company,. Strawboy Limited, seem promising.

Yeah true, I do feel like he may lack some self awareness at times regarding his jokes. Dianne is very self sufficient but the minions on Twitter and Instagram make out like Joe is her carer and she can't do anything for her self. They really do treat her like she is some dumb ass child which I can't help but roll my eyes at.
Agreed

She may be a bit dim
What do you mean by dim? I hope you would not be referring to that wretched riddle about the father and 5 sons. I am useless at recalling and recounting good jokes.

but she has more life experience than these daft minions that are babying her.
In the context of the current storm about Kevin Clifton and Stacey Dooley, reference to 'Minions' may be ill-advised :p

I wonder if she will ever address her dyslexia or if she even has it in the first place? Some people just aren't intelligent and that's that lol.
I thought we had established that Dianne suffers from dyslexia?

1) 30:30

2) Dianne's admission about reading the first page of a book x8 16:15 onwards

3) the evident misspellings and incorrect grammar usage on IG

Last edited:
Just looked at his companies house page for the first time... interesting 🤑🤑🤑

Oh and I know she just casually mentioned in the vlog but I meant will she address it and how she found out/coped with it when she was in school. Might help others who are dyslexic too. Also just because her spelling is atrocious and her general knowledge is poor doesn't automatically mean dyslexia. I know lots of people who are diagnosed and have gone on to have university degrees. A lot of them just see words mixed up. Maybe she has some sort of other learning deficit.

I don't think it's dyslexia, I just think that education meant nothing to her, only dancing. She's never watched films, read books etc, so I don't suppose she took notice in lessons, therefore she's not got a clue about anything other than dance moves.

Reactions: 3
Bless her heart. Even in her little paragraph on her recent Instagram post, it sounds like an 11 year old wrote it. For her sake I really hope she does have some sort of deficit and isn’t willingly like this.

Reactions: 5
I've noticed Dianne's vlog views have dropped, has anyone watched Dianne's last few vlogs? Are they really bad or have people just moved on.

I've noticed Dianne's vlog views have dropped, has anyone watched Dianne's last few vlogs? Are they really bad or have people just moved on.
It’s not that they’re bad I’d say they’re just like an extended version of her insta stories which is exactly why she said she starting vlogging as she basically does that via stories anyway.

I think people watched originally for ‘joanne’ content and there was talk on twitter about her showing things that joe wouldn’t and that actually isn’t the case and for the most part he hasn’t really been in her videos as most of it is about dancing/tour life.And you can say what you like about the girl but you can’t knock her work ethic,I mean she’s uploaded more videos in a month than zoe has all year and she’s supposed to be the vlogger.

Reactions: 5
I think her tour vlogs lost views cause, the cast aren't all that entertaining, they seem to be far more serious, so she doesn't really have anyone to bounce off.

I would say if she vlogs Strictly pro rehearsals and that tour her views will go up again, as she will attract viewers of Strictly, who aren't necessarily fans of Joe but fans of other dancers. Also the dancers going on the pro tour are all similar in personality and humour Dianne, so she will have far more people to bounce off of and the antics the pros get up to will provide more interesting content. It also helps that the majority of the pros on the tour are camera whores who are always looking to raise their profiles and they are far more comfortable on camera then the cast of HCTGs.

Her views may have dropped off, but I would say if she contunies vlogging and regular uploading she will attract viewers for her as her own brand rather than for her relationship. She has a endearing, bubbly personality which could attract an audience, but it will just take time.

So I’m watching Josh’s come dine with me again and they start talking about girlfriends/relationships and Joe says under his breath “duck me I’m cringing” and remains quiet for the rest of that conversation. Back then I thought that was just Joe being Joe, but now I realize just how bitter he used to be loool. So that’s one good thing about Dianne I guess.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.