Joe Sugg #12 Have they split or are they engaged? dare to ask as you might enrage!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was 7 or 8 years ago living on the ship together. I think that was a different sort of relationship stage for her.
---
I was slightly invested in this back in the day, so it was week 4/5 of Strictly that it was confirmed that Dianne and Anthony had split. The press said it was because she was getting too close to Joe, but Anthony said it didn't have anything to do with the Strictly curse. Then about 10 days later it was the Pride of Britain awards, and that night was when the photo that Joe used to announce they were together was taken, you can tell because Dianne is wearing the dress she wore to the awards. And if they weren't already a thing by that point, there were definitely feelings there from the way they were looking at each other googly eyed.
So TL;DR we don't know that there was an overlap between them, but there wasn't much of a gap 😅
Week 4 of Strictly was also when this photo was taken, and I remember thinking 👀👀 The Cha Cha is the most boring dance for me and I barely remember any of them, but theirs sticks in my mind as a time when I thought Dianne looked really stunning, she had a lovely figure. She's a bit too thin now.
I think they were definitely together at the pride of Britain awards as the photo is taken after the event. They had to go straight from it takes two filming to the awards and missed the red carpet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
New to this thread so apologies if I speak about things that are already frequently discussed also I don’t keep up much at all with Joe/Diane.

Firstly, back when the British YouTubers were in their prime, I never really liked Joe but couldn’t quite put my finger on why that was. He just rubs me the wrong way and I’ve always felt like he’s been lying to himself and others and that his whole persona was a bit of a cover up for something else. Again, can’t put my finger on what it is but it’s this gut feeling I’ve always had when I would see him in vids or watch his own ones. I’m not sure how to explain it but I have always felt that deep down he’s not a genuinely nice person. I have also always felt like he is either bi or gay but would never come out and would likely feel shame about it and suppress it. Maybe this is the thing he has been hiding and that’s why I have always had that feeling about him but who knows.

There were a few years where Joe and his mates including some other YouTubers were frequenting the same clubs as I was in london and myself and my group of friends would sometimes mingle with them. Myself and my friends always agreed that joe consistently came off as very cold and gave overall strange vibes. It really confirmed to me that there was something off about him. A few of my friends (both guys and girls including gays) even mentioned that they got the impression that he was a closeted gay too, but again who truly knows. This was before Diane btw.

As I mentioned, I don’t keep up with Diane or him but wow what an odd pairing from what I have seen of them online. It seems like the most bizarre and wrong match but even more so that I really don’t believe Joe is in love with her. Almost seems like a way for him to try and convince himself and others that he is into women when in reality, deep down he isn’t. Again, just my own personal speculation. Very odd pairing though!

Can someone tell me are Diane and Zoe close at all? I’m curious to know.

Reactions: 8
I get zero gay vibes from Joe. To me, he’s just always been awkward & quite shy but found himself in a group of extroverted friends who dragged him out his comfort zone but he still felt uncomfortable. But who knows. But honestly, I don’t see what he has to gain aged 30 by continuing to hide in the closet so far he’s faking a long term girlfriend. It just doesn’t make sense 🤷🏼‍♀️

Dianne & Zoe seem friendly enough, seems kinda typical sister in law relationship. I don’t think they remotely besties or anything but her & Joe seem to see Otillie quite frequently and they all got together when Diannes brother, his fiancé & their baby came over last year.

Reactions: 12
I get no gay vibes from Joe either. There would be no reason for him to be in the closet anyway, especially since many YouTubers around the same age are out. And it would be pretty crappy for Dianne if he were. So I doubt it.

Reactions: 7
I don't think he's gay but from vibes I don't think he's particularly in love with Dianne. She's his cook and maid, she's opened up new doors for him in his career and they've maintained their Strictly fanbase by staying together. And it has to be good for his already inflated ego to have her devotion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I don’t get the gay thing either, he is very awkward and shy, he’s said so himself. From their recent vlogs I’d say she’s more into him than he is in her.

Reactions: 5
I've said before on here that I get Schofield vibes from Joe so I'd be lying if I said I hadn't seen the similarities,
as a young guy in his thirties Phillip got into dancing and was very theatrical landing the lead role in technicolor dream coat, he dated and married Steph who decades later was revealed to of acted as a 'beard' for his sexuality so it does happen
There is something there with Joe that as we've all said makes him uncomfortable in his own skin but with Dianne who is a bit of a gay icon as in gay guys are super drawn to her and feel comfy in her open accepting personality that means he can be camp with his little dance moves and she praises him and coo's it just fits that he chose her ..... I wouldn't be shocked put it that way the teenage Joe doing dance routines to steps with his big sister was a pretty big hint.

Reactions: 6
I think if you wrote down all of diannes traits and quirks and gave them to joe pre strictly, he wouldn’t go anywhere near a girl like that…

Reactions: 8
I don't understand what would make Dianne a gay icon. I'm sure she's LGBT friendly and all, but there's nothing about her that makes me think LGBT people would specifically be drawn to her.

Robert Webb is bisexual and that was one of her awkward partnerships.

I want to avoid the non-topic about whether he’s gay…

I’m sure if someone met me in a club they’d say I gave off odd/strange vibes too, because I’d be so uncomfortable and just want to leave 😂 I think he’s quite shy and introverted and happened upon this career which forces him to be an extrovert at times - I mean before YT he was a thatcher, he wasn’t in drama school etc.

I also don’t agree with saying that he (or anyone really) is “genuinely not a nice person”. I used to think he was annoying, but I don’t think he comes across as an awful person who’s trying to pretend to be nice for his audience. Who could keep that up? I’ve been told before by people that when they first met me they thought I was rude (my sis in law likes to remind me all the time that she was terrified of me when we first met), when I’m far from it, I’m just very shy, anxious, and if I’m having a really bad day I try to avoid conversation with new people, I find it hard to make the effort to converse or relax when I’m not feeling good in myself. I don’t think that would mean I’m genuinely not a nice person, I’m just awkward 😂 and I think Joe has some of the same issues. I guess it’s easier to be yourself on your own with a camera and edit the way you want, but in social situations when you’re feeling awkward there’s no hiding it.

• Heart

I’m sure if someone met me in a club they’d say I gave off odd/strange vibes too, because I’d be so uncomfortable and just want to leave 😂 I think he’s quite shy and introverted and happened upon this career which forces him to be an extrovert at times - I mean before YT he was a thatcher, he wasn’t in drama school etc.

I also don’t agree with saying that he (or anyone really) is “genuinely not a nice person”. I used to think he was annoying, but I don’t think he comes across as an awful person who’s trying to pretend to be nice for his audience. Who could keep that up? I’ve been told before by people that when they first met me they thought I was rude (my sis in law likes to remind me all the time that she was terrified of me when we first met), when I’m far from it, I’m just very shy, anxious, and if I’m having a really bad day I try to avoid conversation with new people, I find it hard to make the effort to converse or relax when I’m not feeling good in myself. I don’t think that would mean I’m genuinely not a nice person, I’m just awkward 😂 and I think Joe has some of the same issues. I guess it’s easier to be yourself on your own with a camera and edit the way you want, but in social situations when you’re feeling awkward there’s no hiding it.
Fair enough, but people aren't saying Joe isn't a nice person because he's awkward, from what I've seen. Those comments are made because of the snide remarks and piss-taking he does, much like his sister. I personally think he's very insecure so he takes digs to feel superior, but that's not very nice to be around.

Is he socially awkward? Maybe. Is he not very nice? Possibly. Are the two things mutually exclusive? Of course not.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

The orginal poster (sydneymae) felt a certain way after having met him so we can't invalidate that, if he made her feel off and she feels she can share it here on a non rave thread I wouldn't personally write it off as 'oh I'm like that so you've got it wrong about him'

Also many men and women struggle with their sexuality for years even decades so I don't see it as a non topic .

Reactions: 9
Remember when he hung around with that group of lads, always bullied n mocked that Mikey guy.

I don't think it's that deep, I think he's just a bit socially awkward/anxious
Honestly I find the double standards laughable, if someone came on here and said they met Tom syndicate on nights out and he gave off vibes no one would question the poster but if you meet Joe Sugg and feel somethings off or you watch is vlogs and don't like his attitude towards Dianne for example its all explained away as him being a socially awkward anxious boy.

In his own home around his mrs when he's laughing at her and putting her down and with holding compliments etc he's a cocky twit and a dick, so I do I believe around his obnoxious mates on a night out he could come off the same, I believe the OP.

Reactions: 13
I hope they choose carefully who wins the tickets to Dianne's book launch event, Eddo has already been tagged a few times in the comments 😬

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.