Joanne Larby aka MakeUpFairy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's also a way to make it look like you have far more comments on a post than you actually do
Yeh also very true

The dress she posted herself in on her grid , the pink one or god knows what color cos of the filters .. absolutely awful, far too tight on her bust shoulders and arms and it’s hiked up at the back cos her arse is catching it. Not one bit flattering, Her style is atrocious

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
That's also a way to make it look like you have far more comments on a post than you actually do
Exactly, she never used to reply and then realised that she was only ever getting 30-40 comments on a post so replied to get more and be more available to her followers 🤭

Reactions: 3
Her stories on instagram are unbelievably boring, a complete snooze fest. It's fine showing flowers and waves every so often but it's literally every pic. It's like she doesn't want to show herself on camera anymore to give away her true size.
I would love to know who is she really, because this current joanne is a complete different person than 2 years ago. Shes had about 3 personas since I've been following her

Reactions: 18
She needs a stylist. She hasn't an iota how to dress for her body shape. Massive shapeless sack cloth type frocks that resemble Homer Simpson in his moo moo ensemble. Her head looks fat too small for her body when she wears it tight in that god awful hun bun. I cannot believe how massive her lips are. I know she's had fillers. She wouldn't have been able to get the for the past 3 months due to the lock down.... why haven't they "deflated"? Even Liz Reaney's lips have shrank! Didn't Muffy say say hasn't had lip fillers in over a year? Find it hard to believe that. I wouldn't be surprised if she was getting them done during lockdown.
Her bestie Gail Kaneswaren acted like a complete thug over the Paul backlash too, remember? Haven't seen her comment on any of Muf's posts of late..... latest falling out I wonder?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She needs a stylist. She hasn't an iota how to dress for her body shape. Massive shapeless sack cloth type frocks that resemble Homer Simpson in his moo moo ensemble. Her head looks fat too small for her body when she wears it tight in that god awful hun bun. I cannot believe how massive her lips are. I know she's had fillers. She wouldn't have been able to get the for the past 3 months due to the lock down.... why haven't they "deflated"? Even Liz Reaney's lips have shrank! Didn't Muffy say say hasn't had lip fillers in over a year? Find it hard to believe that. I wouldn't be surprised if she was getting them done during lockdown.
Her bestie Gail Kaneswaren acted like a complete thug over the Paul backlash too, remember? Haven't seen her comment on any of Muf's posts of late..... latest falling out I wonder?
I think she said she hasn’t had fillers for 4 years 🙄

Her stories on instagram are unbelievably boring, a complete snooze fest. It's fine showing flowers and waves every so often but it's literally every pic. It's like she doesn't want to show herself on camera anymore to give away her true size.
I would love to know who is she really, because this current joanne is a complete different person than 2 years ago. Shes had about 3 personas since I've been following her
How many peonie shots did we need?

Reactions: 4
I think she said she hasn’t had fillers for 4 years 🙄

How many peonie shots did we need?
Daily ones showing how much they’ve opened 🤭

I think it just shows how out of touch she is when she shoes the designer bags carefully placed in shot, this just annoys the life out of me, I’m not jealous at all I just hate the showing off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Daily ones showing how much they’ve opened 🤭

I think it just shows how out of touch she is when she shoes the designer bags carefully placed in shot, this just annoys the life out of me, I’m not jealous at all I just hate the showing off.
Its shamefully showy and just a cringe fest altogether

Reactions: 6
I don't think she even knows herself. The photo editing is a constant feature, her psychological issues run deep, it's sad to see but she doesn't seem to suffer from them herself, if that makes sense. It's like everyone is watching on in fascination, concern and horror and she's just grand herself.

From my memory her various personas have been:
MUA - this was quite consistent in her life years ago, she had TV slots and built a following, she was one of the earliest MUA's to use social media and IMO this was her at her most successful and stable probably?
Author - starts getting notions, brings out a bizarre book, the photos are atrocious, years later the photographer has a massive falling out with her
"Entrepreneur" - brought out makeup brushes and lip glosses cos everyone and their granny was releasing a product
At this time is also still kind of in influencer circles a bit, but friendships with people like James Patrice disappear suddenly, she's not at any events anymore, she seems to have cut ties with everyone who isn't her then bf.
Gym bunny - sudden obsession with the gym because again that was the flavour of the month on Instagram and she begins dating a PT
Bikini comp competitor - took gym bunny image to next level, lost weight but was too obsessional, had to stop for her mental health, still photoshopped constantly so who knows how much she actually lost, blamed then BF for obsessional dieting
Travel blogger - went on a few holidays with then BF, branded herself as travel blogger for a while. Hasn't gone abroad once with current bf, so just moulds into whatever her fella at the time wants
Raver - I don't even know what to say about this one. She went to a few raves which were frequented by 14 year olds, took some pics and appeared to leave early, claims raving is in her blood lol
Interiors - again, she sees a trend in social media. Starts "curating corners" in her apartment, more bizarre "content" which didn't really amount to anything, but has kinda stuck with it as it appeals to people of her age who are at home-buying age, lives in a nice rental in a picturesque place and knows that it's a fairly lucrative area (affiliate links, spons, freebies etc)
Social media consultancy - knows her own image is fucked, claims to create content for others instead as a "side hussle"
Wellness - is called out mercilessly by call out pages for many many wrongdoings and lies. Hides for a while. Returns with this new penchant for wellness, which coincides with dating a vegan, so is now also a vegan. Knows that ethical veganism is also a trend and that wellness is another emerging current social media trend. Monetises this with a podcast because again, that's what everyone else is doing.

Reactions: 29
I don't think she even knows herself. The photo editing is a constant feature, her psychological issues run deep, it's sad to see but she doesn't seem to suffer from them herself, if that makes sense. It's like everyone is watching on in fascination, concern and horror and she's just grand herself.

From my memory her various personas have been:
MUA - this was quite consistent in her life years ago, she had TV slots and built a following, she was one of the earliest MUA's to use social media and IMO this was her at her most successful and stable probably?
Author - starts getting notions, brings out a bizarre book, the photos are atrocious, years later the photographer has a massive falling out with her
"Entrepreneur" - brought out makeup brushes and lip glosses cos everyone and their granny was releasing a product
At this time is also still kind of in influencer circles a bit, but friendships with people like James Patrice disappear suddenly, she's not at any events anymore, she seems to have cut ties with everyone who isn't her then bf.
Gym bunny - sudden obsession with the gym because again that was the flavour of the month on Instagram and she begins dating a PT
Bikini comp competitor - took gym bunny image to next level, lost weight but was too obsessional, had to stop for her mental health, still photoshopped constantly so who knows how much she actually lost, blamed then BF for obsessional dieting
Travel blogger - went on a few holidays with then BF, branded herself as travel blogger for a while. Hasn't gone abroad once with current bf, so just moulds into whatever her fella at the time wants
Raver - I don't even know what to say about this one. She went to a few raves which were frequented by 14 year olds, took some pics and appeared to leave early, claims raving is in her blood lol
Interiors - again, she sees a trend in social media. Starts "curating corners" in her apartment, more bizarre "content" which didn't really amount to anything, but has kinda stuck with it as it appeals to people of her age who are at home-buying age, lives in a nice rental in a picturesque place and knows that it's a fairly lucrative area (affiliate links, spons, freebies etc)
Social media consultancy - knows her own image is fucked, claims to create content for others instead as a "side hussle"
Wellness - is called out mercilessly by call out pages for many many wrongdoings and lies. Hides for a while. Returns with this new penchant for wellness, which coincides with dating a vegan, so is now also a vegan. Knows that ethical veganism is also a trend and that wellness is another emerging current social media trend. Monetises this with a podcast because again, that's what everyone else is doing.
Couldn't have summarised it better. It's actually mental looking at it all together instead of as single things she's done. She's not well, it's plain to see.

Reactions: 8
She posted something from a sustainable brand and says she's picky about what she shows (which is a massive lie cos she gets sent feck all these days) but she did a fast fashion haul yesterday. I'm confused. Her need for swipe ups and fast fashion is clearly overridden by a desirability to be sustainable. You can't be both.

She posted something from a sustainable brand and says she's picky about what she shows (which is a massive lie cos she gets sent feck all these days) but she did a fast fashion haul yesterday. I'm confused. Her need for swipe ups and fast fashion is clearly overridden by a desirability to be sustainable. You can't be both.
She is very inconsistent as so clearly and well outlined in the above post from @itsmet She just rides every wave and makes it look intentional but its just a string of flops. And I’m not being cruel, if she was sincere, truthful and relatable then she wouldn’t keep failing. So great a pair of vegans they are they bought a designer dog breed from a puppy farm. And H&M hauls the last two weeks. The least in sustainability.

Or another cute corner ... give me strength
She did the same last week with “tag 3 items” there wasnt one response. 🙈 its so mundane

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
How can that jewellery brand that she’s banging on about now not see that she would damage the brand rather than promote it ? Anything these lot promote I wouldn’t buy end of !

How can that jewellery brand that she’s banging on about now not see that she would damage the brand rather than promote it ? Anything these lot promote I wouldn’t buy end of !
I’m amazed she’s still managing to get deals. Her engagement rate is around 1% and she’s dropped about 10k followers in a year. I was hoping people were not falling for her but it seems they still do. She must be very cheap.

I’m amazed she’s still managing to get deals. Her engagement rate is around 1% and she’s dropped about 10k followers in a year. I was hoping people were not falling for her but it seems they still do. She must be very cheap.
Very little engagement unless it’s a competition, loads of her “followers” are bots surely brands can see this.

To enter any of her (usually self run) competitions, it’s always to comment on a recent post. Then I’d say she tries to use that post as an example to brands of engagement from the amount of comments on it. Really baffles me how places don’t know the bad rep she has now, she’s a turn off if anything for potential clients as I wouldn’t touch anything she promotes and I’m sure others are the same.

I feel sorry for any small shops or businesses that I bet she hustles for freebies and they aren’t aware of her reputation, they probably think she’ll actually generate them business. Would love to see the emails she must send to brands, prob full of her massively exaggerated cv and lies about her followers.

I suppose she can’t exactly admit a large portion of her followers are fake Indonesian bot accounts 🤣

I think some brands just have a requirement for an ‘influencer’ to have over a certain amount of followers which is why she’s constantly buying some to keep at a certain level.

To enter any of her (usually self run) competitions, it’s always to comment on a recent post. Then I’d say she tries to use that post as an example to brands of engagement from the amount of comments on it. Really baffles me how places don’t know the bad rep she has now, she’s a turn off if anything for potential clients as I wouldn’t touch anything she promotes and I’m sure others are the same.

I feel sorry for any small shops or businesses that I bet she hustles for freebies and they aren’t aware of her reputation, they probably think she’ll actually generate them business. Would love to see the emails she must send to brands, prob full of her massively exaggerated cv and lies about her followers.

I suppose she can’t exactly admit a large portion of her followers are fake Indonesian bot accounts 🤣

I think some brands just have a requirement for an ‘influencer’ to have over a certain amount of followers which is why she’s constantly buying some to keep at a certain level.
Yes ! She looks good on paper but when you look closer it’s all fake, I’d love to know if these brands see a rise in traffic to their websites or make some sales !

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.