Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gossygal

before I start lemme just say I can’t help but follow her even though she torments me😂

I) you’re not a tour guide. You visited West Cork,stayed in west cork and now you live in West Cork. Mind you, you moved down just before lockdown. Shut up on about it. Yes it’s a beautiful places. I’ve been to Dublin and I’ve lived in Dublin, I don’t harp on about it ALLL THE TIME.

2) for the love of god stop taking photos of the dog. Yes it’s beautiful but we’ve seen enough.

3) I’ve said this before- stop cutting out half your body in pictures you mad yoke. You’re not fooling anyone.

4) shut up about being ‘happy’ with your body. You’re not. You’re not happy. If you were happy then you wouldn’t photoshop EVERY single picture.

5) I’ve also said this before-you rent your home. It’s a beautiful home and was before you moved in. Adding lamps and books and mirrors and whatever else does not make you an interior designer. It just doesn’t.

6) no one trusts your recommendations. You’re gasping for a colab and will do it with anyone about anything. Do you not have a backbone?

7) if you’re all about vegetarianism or veganism or whatever you are into this week, please explain how you like to purchase bags made from (for example) calfskin?

8) if you are all about ‘style and sustainability’ then why do you have a new dress on everyday, new bits from different shops. Pick a side for gods sake. You can’t be all for sustainable shopping and then be buying/accepting items that aren’t from sustainable brands.

9) just stop. Stop with all of the lies. The cover ups, the fake ness Joanne. You must be exhausted from it all. You can’t be happy having to lie and change yourself, your body. Just bloody stop.

I saw you in Cork yesterday. Briefly but I saw you.
You are not the person you portray on your social media. You are physically a different person. And that makes you a liar.

before I start lemme just say I can’t help but follow her even though she torments me😂

I) you’re not a tour guide. You visited West Cork,stayed in west cork and now you live in West Cork. Mind you, you moved down just before lockdown. Shut up on about it. Yes it’s a beautiful places. I’ve been to Dublin and I’ve lived in Dublin, I don’t harp on about it ALLL THE TIME.

2) for the love of god stop taking photos of the dog. Yes it’s beautiful but we’ve seen enough.

3) I’ve said this before- stop cutting out half your body in pictures you mad yoke. You’re not fooling anyone.

4) shut up about being ‘happy’ with your body. You’re not. You’re not happy. If you were happy then you wouldn’t photoshop EVERY single picture.

5) I’ve also said this before-you rent your home. It’s a beautiful home and was before you moved in. Adding lamps and books and mirrors and whatever else does not make you an interior designer. It just doesn’t.

6) no one trusts your recommendations. You’re gasping for a colab and will do it with anyone about anything. Do you not have a backbone?

7) if you’re all about vegetarianism or veganism or whatever you are into this week, please explain how you like to purchase bags made from (for example) calfskin?

8) if you are all about ‘style and sustainability’ then why do you have a new dress on everyday, new bits from different shops. Pick a side for gods sake. You can’t be all for sustainable shopping and then be buying/accepting items that aren’t from sustainable brands.

9) just stop. Stop with all of the lies. The cover ups, the fake ness Joanne. You must be exhausted from it all. You can’t be happy having to lie and change yourself, your body. Just bloody stop.

I saw you in Cork yesterday. Briefly but I saw you.
You are not the person you portray on your social media. You are physically a different person. And that makes you a liar.
I also forgot to add..... shame on Red FM for having her on as a local hero. You’re not local and you’re not a hero. You’ve done nothing to help or aid the community. She’s a self obsessed, deceitful individual.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

HelloAll

What was that. She asked her step father to buy her an apartment? What is the story about her step brother?
Here is a screen shot from a post on fathers day where her step brother Matthew Reilly replied on the post it was soon removed by joanne, as they say theres always two sides to every story, as if she couldn't sink any lower, honestly you couldn't make it up, everything seems to go to shit, for her.:rolleyes::eek::oops:

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Damntruthful

In 20 hundred twenty-two
Larby sailed the ocean blue.
She had three ships and left from Dublin;
She sailed through sunshine, wind and rain.
She edited by night; she filtered by day;
She used a dog to find her way.
A "boyfriend" also helped her know
How to find the way to go.
Day after day they looked for land;
They dreamed of trees to hang dresses on and rocks and sand.
January 20 their dream came true,
You never saw a happier crew!
“Corkonians! Corkonians!” Larby cried;
Her instagram was filled with joyful pride.
But “Cork” the land was not;
It was further west, and it was hot.
The natives were very nice;
They gave the beggy mitchell food and spice.
The first Corkonian? No, not quite.
But Larbys photo's made her want to hide out of sight.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

itsmet

I would love to know who is she really, because this current joanne is a complete different person than 2 years ago. Shes had about 3 personas since I've been following her
I don't think she even knows herself. The photo editing is a constant feature, her psychological issues run deep, it's sad to see but she doesn't seem to suffer from them herself, if that makes sense. It's like everyone is watching on in fascination, concern and horror and she's just grand herself.

From my memory her various personas have been:
MUA - this was quite consistent in her life years ago, she had TV slots and built a following, she was one of the earliest MUA's to use social media and IMO this was her at her most successful and stable probably?
Author - starts getting notions, brings out a bizarre book, the photos are atrocious, years later the photographer has a massive falling out with her
"Entrepreneur" - brought out makeup brushes and lip glosses cos everyone and their granny was releasing a product
At this time is also still kind of in influencer circles a bit, but friendships with people like James Patrice disappear suddenly, she's not at any events anymore, she seems to have cut ties with everyone who isn't her then bf.
Gym bunny - sudden obsession with the gym because again that was the flavour of the month on Instagram and she begins dating a PT
Bikini comp competitor - took gym bunny image to next level, lost weight but was too obsessional, had to stop for her mental health, still photoshopped constantly so who knows how much she actually lost, blamed then BF for obsessional dieting
Travel blogger - went on a few holidays with then BF, branded herself as travel blogger for a while. Hasn't gone abroad once with current bf, so just moulds into whatever her fella at the time wants
Raver - I don't even know what to say about this one. She went to a few raves which were frequented by 14 year olds, took some pics and appeared to leave early, claims raving is in her blood lol
Interiors - again, she sees a trend in social media. Starts "curating corners" in her apartment, more bizarre "content" which didn't really amount to anything, but has kinda stuck with it as it appeals to people of her age who are at home-buying age, lives in a nice rental in a picturesque place and knows that it's a fairly lucrative area (affiliate links, spons, freebies etc)
Social media consultancy - knows her own image is fucked, claims to create content for others instead as a "side hussle"
Wellness - is called out mercilessly by call out pages for many many wrongdoings and lies. Hides for a while. Returns with this new penchant for wellness, which coincides with dating a vegan, so is now also a vegan. Knows that ethical veganism is also a trend and that wellness is another emerging current social media trend. Monetises this with a podcast because again, that's what everyone else is doing.

Reactions: 29

Scrk1994

In 20 hundred twenty-two
Larby sailed the ocean blue.
She had three ships and left from Dublin;
She sailed through sunshine, wind and rain.
She edited by night; she filtered by day;
She used a dog to find her way.
A "boyfriend" also helped her know
How to find the way to go.
Day after day they looked for land;
They dreamed of trees to hang dresses on and rocks and sand.
January 20 their dream came true,
You never saw a happier crew!
“Corkonians! Corkonians!” Larby cried;
Her instagram was filled with joyful pride.
But “Cork” the land was not;
It was further west, and it was hot.
The natives were very nice;
They gave the beggy mitchell food and spice.
The first Corkonian? No, not quite.
But Larbys photo's made her want to hide out of sight.
But O who calls? It's Kerrigan's Meats!
They have burgers to sell, DM for deets!
Joanne hears the call, she can no longer sequester,
And so off she pops, back up to Killester.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Gossygal

Joanne...... the house isn’t yours hun. I’m sorry to be the one to say it but you had absolutely no input into the kitchen, the flooring, the beams, the jacuzzi bath, the building in general, the land around it-nothing.

You are RENTING.
You added a few plants, a rug, a few lampshades and a couple of baskets.
You are NOT an interior designer hun.
Putting up a few plants does not make you a horticulturist.
‘Working out’ outside does not make it a gym hun.
Cop on and draw up your CV and apply for a real job will ya.
Also, who does your lip fillers?

Soz gals I just needed to get that off me chest I wasn’t sleeping😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Gossygal

Rooooooolled my eyes at the "I advise going for a dip" - if there was a dip Joanne, there'd be 5 badly photoshopped photos of you in a two times too small swimming suit, bet up your hole 🙄

Definitely angling for a cork tourism spon, if that's even a thing. Anywhere I see her tagging makes me not want to go there tbh. Tinged by the MUF 😒

What's the timeline we're betting for the Cork Hidey-hole to go tits up? I give it another six months before Adam finds someone his own age.
I live in Cork.

It upsets me she’s even in the county.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Blondeminion14

Chatty Member
Newby here! Just reading through this thread...for me Joanne Larby and Shannen Reilly McGrath are the worst offenders when it comes to believing their own lies and bullshit. They are in a league of their own. Joanne has a superiority complex and firmly believes that she has the last word on everything she tries her hand at. My favourite Larby moments... when she wrote a card to herself as part of a 'press drop' and someone was able to match the handwriting with a signed copy of her book...when she alluded that Chanel and Versace sent her runners but someone pointed out that she featured them as purchases on her feed a year preciously...being banned from BT's, the drama with the ex in London....selling a size 16 jumpsuit as a size 12 and cutting the tags off. All of this public knowledge yet she will still cry victim and call us all bullies. Don't even get me started on the photoshopping...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

DietGossip

VIP Member
Off topic but: I know this was on the previous page but can we please not speculate on someone's sexuality based on the way they look, act and behave. It's a big fear of mine that people clock me because of a behaviour they perceive to be gay because I have been on the receiving end of homophobic abuse before I even realised I wasn't straight and that really messed with my head. Just be aware that when you say things like that, other users of the thread can see your comments. Thanks.

Back to Joanne: I can't get over her home account that's clearly just for free stuff. Also why do influencers have a massive aversion to colour in their homes? I know she rents but it doesn't look like her landlord would mind if she painted.

• Heart

Blondeminion14

Chatty Member
Wears shorts and a t shirt and claims she doesn’t dress like anyone else on Instagram, give me strength .
Joanne's way of dealing with the fact that she has put on weight is by pretending that she is okay with it and in some ways I think tries to elevate herself above other influencers by saying she is different and doesn't follow the crowd. That she can go back to that size 'if she wants'.

She does the same with her 'career' by pretending that she no longer had an interest in nights out, events and prefers the simple life and a more humble existance.

The truth is that she's a curvy woman who can't dress for her body type, has zero clue when it comes to fashion, and destroyed her what career she did have through her deceit and lies so now nobody wants to work with her.

• Heart

Ciaragh

Joanne thinks she’s Bear Grylls because she threw a few sheets of mdf together and grew a cucumber. You’d swear she was the only person on the planet who lives in the country and capable of a bit of DIY. And she is so intense, it’s overbearing. She can’t seem to see a cloud without whipping out the panpipes for an emotional meltdown

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Beebles

VIP Member
just a note on her always insisting she was a teacher. A teacher requires an undergraduate and a masters degree a long with placements in appropriate schools. She has a level 6 QQI/FETAC from portobello I think. She’s not a qualified teacher. She also drops in psychology from time to time, she did one small module. That course was 7 months long. To be a qualified teacher it can take 5-6 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Scrk1994

Lads let's be honest here, she's no more vegan than my left pinky toe - the bf is vegan and as always, she morphes into whatever her current hostage is.. She only posts her meals when she knows they're vegan friendly.

Also, easy enough to say she cooked something vegan friendly, copy and paste in whatever recipe she found, but still use butter/cream/cheese, etc

• Haha
Reactions: 23

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
just a note on her always insisting she was a teacher. A teacher requires an undergraduate and a masters degree a long with placements in appropriate schools. She has a level 6 QQI/FETAC from portobello I think. She’s not a qualified teacher. She also drops in psychology from time to time, she did one small module. That course was 7 months long. To be a qualified teacher it can take 5-6 years.
Remember when her or Adam allegedly wrote thart email to Red Duchess demanding she say what qualifications she had and Caroline came back with binders full of certs and qualifications. 😂😂 Pls Joanne tell us YOUR qualifications. We can wait 💅

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Gossygal

1) there’s no way she has or had mortgage approval
2) there’s no way the sale fell through
3) there’s also no way she got mortgage approval while renting in Dublin. Jesus come back to reality hun

she said ago when she moved into the apartment’o I duno why anyone would buy’ oooook hun whatever you need to tell yourself to make yourself feel better.

I bought a house on my own when I was 27. I worked damn hard for it and work damn hard to pay my mortgage every month. Don’t make me laugh. I know what goes into getting mortgage approval. They practically dissect your outgoings and hun-all your bags and shite,there’s no way. Also, houses in west cork are priced very high so good luck.
I call bullshit

Reactions: 22

Ma2boys

She will harvest her tomatoes in August 😂 has she a tomato plantation because if not im pretty sure its picking tomatoes from her one tomato plant not harvesting.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Sayit4real

VIP Member
So just to point out she is getting LOADS of messages about how great her content is -🙄 and people ONLY know about west cork from
Her content🙄🙄 ! Prior to her moving down there NO ONE not a person knew about west cork or the beaches in west cork or the place itself ... the twig and branch content coupled with the dog posts is single handedly generating the tourism for west cork .......

• Haha

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
Wasn't there a time when she was implying she's mixed race? So you'd think the BLM movement would resonate with her.

Re: her amazing, deep relationship. She claims everything she does is extraordinary. Does aerial hoop once - expert at it. Does a novice horse riding competition - pro dressage rider. Goes to the gym - fitness and nutrition expert. Reads her friend's mental health website - now a mental health advocate. Never mentions jogging but is suddenly able to run 5k in sand. Even her dog is super intelligent and special. 🙄 It's a wonder she doesn't try her hand at medicine or something. I'm sure she'd have cures for everything figured out in no time at all 👍

• Haha
  • Wow

ny_style

VIP Member
I met Joanne through work a few years ago in Ireland (I don’t live there any more). I can’t emphasise how different she looked compared to her photos. Not news, I guess, because that’s been rumbled. But it was truly shocking to see in the flesh.
I recall thinking she was incredibly insecure. She had barely met us and was talking at length, loudly, about her relationship problems. It was all ‘me me me’ and she talked at people, not to them. My brain hurt after about 10 minutes.
Out of curiosity I listened to her podcast, the episode where she talks about herself and yup... brain-meltingly narcissistic.
I wish her no ill-will but she’s got more issues than Vogue magazine.

• Haha