Joanne Larby aka MakeUpFairy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cringing remembering when she was with the PT and they used to call each other "George" and speak in those not funny voices which they found hilarious. And now recently on one of the High Rise to Home posts she referred to hers and Adam's nicknames as "Freck and Pep," just STOP with the forced nicknames!!
Oh god she has form then?! So bloody juvenile

Reactions: 1
She'll never quit social media. It's all she knows. God forbid she'd have to get a real job. You wouldn't get the freebies, you couldn't deceive everyone, you'd have to be yourself and actually work.

Reactions: 4
I know she fell out with several long term friends in the early days of being an "influencer" (cringe) because she would heavily edit herself in group photos and completely leave the friends unedited and looking like tit next to her. She thought she was better than them and they gradually pulled away from her.
This is true. She was always hard work but as her blog got bigger and her audience grew, she just got worse and all of her friends for sick of her. In my friend's case, they were still friends until the height of bloggers unveiled and she didn't take kindly to him telling her that he agreed with bloggers unveiled 🤣

She'll never quit social media. It's all she knows. God forbid she'd have to get a real job. You wouldn't get the freebies, you couldn't deceive everyone, you'd have to be yourself and actually work.
She said she was a teacher before, imagine 😱😱😱

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Just watched her stories from today, back to claiming she’s a size 14-16 but all the dresses she’s ordered are in XL 🙄
but you know, it’s not because she is an XL, it’s because they’re a small fitting! Omg she is delusional!!
also What’s with the horrible, baggy, shapeless dresses? A bin liner has more shape! I don’t think she knows how to dress for the body she has now, so she just puts lots of huge dresses on so they’re not clinging in al the wrong places. She clearly doesn’t realise they make her look ever bigger! I’m probably around the same size as Joanne, a size 18-20, and I wouldn’t be caught DEAD in those awful dresses.

Reactions: 9
Cringing remembering when she was with the PT and they used to call each other "George" and speak in those not funny voices which they found hilarious. And now recently on one of the High Rise to Home posts she referred to hers and Adam's nicknames as "Freck and Pep," just STOP with the forced nicknames!!
Most of us will have a nickname or a pet name for our partner I know I do 😂😂 but....it’s a joke between us and no one else, others would think we are mad !

Just watched her stories from today, back to claiming she’s a size 14-16 but all the dresses she’s ordered are in XL 🙄
but you know, it’s not because she is an XL, it’s because they’re a small fitting! Omg she is delusional!!
also What’s with the horrible, baggy, shapeless dresses? A bin liner has more shape! I don’t think she knows how to dress for the body she has now, so she just puts lots of huge dresses on so they’re not clinging in al the wrong places. She clearly doesn’t realise they make her look ever bigger! I’m probably around the same size as Joanne, a size 18-20, and I wouldn’t be caught DEAD in those awful dresses.
Said it before and will say it again she needs to hire a stylist and get some staples and not try to follow fashion !

Reactions: 5
The whole point of pushing #af is that the influencer buys it, wears it and shows you what it looks like on. We can all go to a website. She isnt even good at what she does

Reactions: 6
Most of us will have a nickname or a pet name for our partner I know I do 😂😂 but....it’s a joke between us and no one else, others would think we are mad !

Said it before and will say it again she needs to hire a stylist and get some staples and not try to follow fashion !
She really does need to get a stylist. When you see the try ons in places like Vanity Fair Boutique etc when Nessa gets plus size girls in to dress them, I know its not always super on trend but surely better than these sacks. She can still look good bigger. Its a shame she is always hiding herself, her shape, and lying about her size. The affiliate link takes you to a page saying the dresses are true to size so she is just constantly caught out. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Attachments

I’m embarrassed to say I bought her book this was before I found out she was such a liar...🙈 I loved the whole fitness,style,makeup content and thought she was so relatable but then it all came out and now I just cringe every time I see her stuff. Someone on this said before that she morphs in to every guy she dates and it’s so true! Just be yourself 😩 you shouldn’t have to change for anyone and just be honest with followers at the end of the day they are what pays your bills and gave you this job as an “influencer” We prefer transparency and honesty over blatant editing/lies etc you just look like such a fool

Reactions: 8
I’m embarrassed to say I bought her book this was before I found out she was such a liar...🙈 I loved the whole fitness,style,makeup content and thought she was so relatable but then it all came out and now I just cringe every time I see her stuff. Someone on this said before that she morphs in to every guy she dates and it’s so true! Just be yourself 😩 you shouldn’t have to change for anyone and just be honest with followers at the end of the day they are what pays your bills and gave you this job as an “influencer” We prefer transparency and honesty over blatant editing/lies etc you just look like such a fool
She doesn't know who the real Joanne is...

I don't because she is very much in control of herself and how she portrays herself
She curates her content to what she believes is on trend on insta. She stole her friend and her therapists concept for an online forum and then got her boyfriend to harass her friend. She alluded that her previous boyfriend emotional abused her and then went 'quiet' for weeks when her ex publically called out her lies. She continues to photoshop her appearance to make herself appear slimmer and did so for years and denied it but yet she's body positive. She's dishonest and deceitful and she is the only one that can change.

Reactions: 13
I don't because she is very much in control of herself and how she portrays herself
She curates her content to what she believes is on trend on insta. She stole her friend and her therapists concept for an online forum and then got her boyfriend to harass her friend. She alluded that her previous boyfriend emotional abused her and then went 'quiet' for weeks when her ex publically called out her lies. She continues to photoshop her appearance to make herself appear slimmer and did so for years and denied it but yet she's body positive. She's dishonest and deceitful and she is the only one that can change.
what she did to the Red Duchess was awful, and has that portal even managed? Unreal.

Reactions: 2
I think she comes across so unlikeable. She does her best to try to portray this breezy, chilled soul who is effortlessly elegant/on trend/intelligent when really I imagine she only posts what she believes is whatever people’s interest is at the time and she painstakingly is hanging on every reaction. What other blogger replies to almost every reply on a post? I imagine she leaps at every notification of a like or post on her page.

She also manages to come across as so disgustingly smug or something, I truly think she was told by her mother growing up that she was better than everyone else and the best at whatever she was doing (maybe compensating for no dad initially), and it’s a snootiness she’s carried into adulthood. She seems to have no friends, and any she did have she seems to have f*cked over spectacularly.

It sounds so mean but I truly enjoyed when she did her ‘I’m a big fish in a small pond’ speech to explain why she was moving to London (it wasn’t, it was coz she was moving for the PT lad she met on tinder), and then it all blew up in her face. Anyone else you’d have empathy for but I really cannot warm to her and her fakeness.

She really does need to get a stylist. When you see the try ons in places like Vanity Fair Boutique etc when Nessa gets plus size girls in to dress them, I know its not always super on trend but surely better than these sacks. She can still look good bigger. Its a shame she is always hiding herself, her shape, and lying about her size. The affiliate link takes you to a page saying the dresses are true to size so she is just constantly caught out. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Nessa is the best, her try ons are amazing ❤

I think she comes across so unlikeable. She does her best to try to portray this breezy, chilled soul who is effortlessly elegant/on trend/intelligent when really I imagine she only posts what she believes is whatever people’s interest is at the time and she painstakingly is hanging on every reaction. What other blogger replies to almost every reply on a post? I imagine she leaps at every notification of a like or post on her page.

She also manages to come across as so disgustingly smug or something, I truly think she was told by her mother growing up that she was better than everyone else and the best at whatever she was doing (maybe compensating for no dad initially), and it’s a snootiness she’s carried into adulthood. She seems to have no friends, and any she did have she seems to have f*cked over spectacularly.

It sounds so mean but I truly enjoyed when she did her ‘I’m a big fish in a small pond’ speech to explain why she was moving to London (it wasn’t, it was coz she was moving for the PT lad she met on tinder), and then it all blew up in her face. Anyone else you’d have empathy for but I really cannot warm to her and her fakeness.
Oh jesus, she didnt say that? 🤦🏻‍♀️
I totally know what you mean, her likeability factor is low. I’m not trained in marketing but as a consumer I just wouldn’t see her as an influence for anything. She lacks relatability and just seems absolutely set on this make believe facade she has been pushing for years. I just noticed after you said that she literally replies to everyone!!! What a waste of time.

Totally agree, I also noticed how she replies to every comment always found this strange too and not in a “oh she is engaging isn’t that great” It’s as you say, hanging on to every compliment/reaction.

Totally agree, I also noticed how she replies to every comment always found this strange too and not in a “oh she is engaging isn’t that great” It’s as you say, hanging on to every compliment/reaction.
That's also a way to make it look like you have far more comments on a post than you actually do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.